September 14, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - My Favorite Night Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love. I play the alto sax and the oboe, and for anyone who has ever played an instrument with a reed, you know that if you play alot your lips start to peel and bleed and get really nasty. I use this every day to keep my lips soft and smooth, and to protect my lips from mean reeds. I reccomend it to all my fellow musicians who experiance that same problem. I use this when I go skiing or hiking and it keeps my lips from getting chapped. The only bad thing is that it rubs off easily, so you have to re apply. I use it at night, in the morning, during the day- this is just a really great balm... did i mention it tastes wonderful? This is one of my go to holiday/winter gifts. When I was in Alaska with my brother, his poor lips got really flaky, painful, and nasty. As soon as we got home I bought him a tube. Within 3 days his lips were 100 percent healed. That just shows you how effective this stuff really is. Definately not a natural product, but it works when all the natural products fail, which is why I use it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by cassiekay05

I LOVE this product. Ok, so I have this horrible habit of picking at my lips when I get nervous/anxious, and so sometimes I have these patches of red/open skin on my lips. Not attractive. Luckily for me, I slap some of this wonderful night balm on at night, and by the morning the spots are improved, and my lips are soft and supple. I am much less likely to pick at my lips when they are soft as compared to when they are chapped. I love this stuff, it's been a real lifesaver for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by theycallmetrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

my lips are stupid because if i don't constantly put something on them they get chapped. except for when i use this.... this makes my lips so hydrated that when i put it on at night when i wake up in the morning it's still on my lips (usually anything else has dried up by then and my lips are back to being chapped) this also makes my lips just feel big and full of moisture. my lips are pretty full on their own but it actually makes them a little more plump than usual because they are so well moisturized(not a lip plumper by any means but anybodys lips will look a little fuller when they are fully moisturized compared to being chapped). i like the taste and smell of it too... kinda marshmellow-y or something idk but i like it. what i really like about it is that in the ingredient list there is no alcohol...and one of the main ingredients is shea butter. i just really love this stuff it works better than anything. it is kinda thick but i like it bc it doesnt feel sticky at all on the lips. it feels good on my lips like a moisture blanket or something. if i use it in the morning and it wipes off my lips still remain moisturized at the end of the day. totally forgot about this stuff until i cleaned out an old purse. so happy i found it again yay

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by WalkingEmphasis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay... after reading the reviews here, I really wanted to purchase this product, but I was still extremely skeptical about how well it would work. That said, I've only been using the product for two days now, but I feel confident enough about it to leave a review already.

My lips get SO horribly dry that it creates *deep*, gross lines that make them look aged far beyond their years. On top of the lines, the dead skin is always peeling. Those issues make it practically impossible for me to wear any kind of lip color. The color clings to the dry patches and makes it look clumpy and uneven. Then a little while later, the dead skin gets goopy and releases from my lips in a gross and very unflattering way.

I am always on the hunt for chapstick, lip balm, and lip treatments. After using this, I am NEVER going to have to worry about it again. My deep lines are already gone, my lips are hydrated, and they look my age again. I truly cannot believe how quickly and how well this is working for my lips!

I definitely wish the tube was bigger for the price, but ultimately, it doesn't matter to me because I'm in love and never used anything that even comes close to working this well. The smell is very mild and pleasantly sweet, as is the taste. It applies in a very smooth, thick, glossy (but not grossly goopy) coat that lasts into the morning.

I also wear it during the day only at times I'm not going to be eating or drinking a lot, as it would get wiped off and that would be a waste of such a fantastic product. I'm going to cry if this is ever discontinued and I wish I had known about it so much earlier!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is soooo moisturizing and healed my rough chapped lips in only 2 nights. It is thick, has good easy use packaging, and the smell is just ok (kinda herbally vanilla lavendar?). Sadly I got horrible breakouts on my chin after using this so I would only recommend wearing it during the day when there's no chance of it smearing all over your face. :\

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by jackie295

How did I live without this product?! I am in love with it. I use it every night and I wake the next morning still feeling it on... my lips are so soft and lush looking! The formula is a little thicker than I am used to but I don't mind it and it has a light shine to it. So amazing! I usually buy it at B&BW when it's on sale but I'd even pay full price for this lifesaver! Get it and I promise you won't regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far the BEST lip balm I've ever used! Thank you Makeup Alley! I bought it based on the great reviews here, and am glad I did. I have several, all over the place just in case. I'll never use anything else. This is the BEST!!!!! My chronically chapped lips are healed & smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this balm for years. It's the only one I use during the day, before bed and as lipgloss. I also use it on my kid when it's too cold or he has dry lips. I keep them all over my house and 2 in the purse. I'm very paranoid about running out of this balm and afraid I can't get it in time so I usually get about 5-10 at the time. I know it's expensive for a lip balm but its the only one that work and since I did tried everything under the sun so this is it.

The texture is a little sticky but it stays on my lips much longer than other lip balms. It give a little sheen but not glossy. I apply this balm, lip liner and I'm ready :) Sometimes I get bored and tried lipstick/lipgloss but always come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mailovelife

Alright so I have absolutely no willpower. If a store sells a lip balm or gloss, I'm walking out with another lip product and a lot less money that I began with. I love this lip balm though! It hydrates and goes on thicker than a Vaseline, but doesn't feel as great or slippery. It comes in a squeeze tube with a doe foot like applicator. It's pretty small as squeeze tube lip balms go but I like it because I can stick it into my backpack and still have room for lip gloss and such. This is meant to be a night balm but its so great I use it morning and night. It sells at about 7.50 CAD, which isn't bad for me, especially for a lip balm. It's a great buy and I would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by underage

I love using this on my lips at night. When I wake up I can still feel it on my lips. It keeps them so moisturized and soft. It's kind of Vaseline like but thicker. There's not really a scent and I like how it comes in a squeeze tube. I think guys would really like this product too as it does not leave a sheen. I've used it every night for almost a year and I'm just getting low. I'm going to pick up another one at B&BW soon :)