December 19, 2014 | 805 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Whilst this foundation is lovely.. It would be better suited to drier/normal skin types as i have oily skin and of course i was not expecting any oil control. This is a lovely foundation in general gives a beautiful dewy finish with a low-medium coverage which can be built.. It has a lovely fragrance to it.. But unfortunately for my oily skin the lasting power was not there.. But as per above this would be great for drier skin types.. I prefer the Vitalumiere Aqua over this which has a more Semi-Matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Andiec100

I'm a bit of a foundation junkie and never quite stick to one for too long, but Chanel until I switched to Lancôme was my go-to foundation. This is a fantastic foundation for night time, I wouldn't recommend for day wear as it is heavy and having very pale skin, even the lightest colour by day would have looked far too dark on my face. And the major plus for Chanel for me is that it looks wonderful in photos - best photo make up I have had, anyone who compliments my pics always pic the ones where I wear Chanel. About as expensive as other upmarket foundations and just as long lasting, deffo recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by vacosta86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had first tried this foundation when I borrowed it from my sister and it was love at first sight since it made my face flawless and dewy.... so of course I went out and bought it! I was extremely disappointed with this product because I finally thought I was done trying & buying so many different foundations since I finally found the one.... I mean can Chanel really do any wrong.... But BOY WAS I WRONG!!! This foundation IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN!!

Overall the foundation is really great, light coverage which gives you a light dewy look. HOWEVER, if you have sensitive skin it will make you break out; most likely because of the 5% Octinoxate in it which is so unfortunate.. I have never been someone who had acne ever in my life, maybe a small pimple here or there when it's that time of the month or if I have a bad week of munching on chips and all that greasy yummy food :P But I came to find about after a month of using, I got a dry patch on my forehead, a rash on my chin and small breakouts allllllll over my forehead!!!!! I thought it could of maybe been the winter weather?? But NO!!! When I stopped using the product, my skin went back to normal! THANK GOD!

And now I am still on the search for that perfect foundation.... RIP Chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation for those with drier skins, don't bother if oil is your problem. It has a liquid consistency which isn't too runny and blends effortlessly. The coverage is definitely on the lighter side, but I don't think it's fair to compare it to a tinted moisturiser. It covers alot better than that, if you are are careful in doing so, or use a good foundation brush you can build it up a little. I'm lucky enough that my skin is fairly clear at the moment as you will need concealer to cover imperfections. Despite this, I find it covers my redness well. I don't really have pore problems so I can't comment on that. The finish is definitely dewy and does make my face look radiant and flawless with the help of concealer. I can see how this could look greasy if you put on too much. It is indeed one of the best foundations out there for dry skin. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive, extremely dry and eczema prone skin. It manages to hide the appearance of dryness to a minimum, which is pretty amazing for me, I'll take that! No flashback in photos as the spf is only 15, which is good in my opinion. It doesn't last that long, which isn't unusual for a hydrating foundation, but lasts me through the key hours of the day and hasn't faded completely by the end of the day. Good enough for me considering how kind it is to my dry skin. A good primer and light setting powder can help it last longer though most of the day. My biggest issue is the price.. $86. I've bought a fair amount of high end makeup, but this was really painful... I really don't think they need to charge quite that. Overall, I highly recommend to those with dry and very dry skin, giving us a chance to be able to wear foundation without feeling disgusting! It does look lovely. Best foundation ever? Maybe not, but I'm thankful for it.
Edit: This also photographs beautifully! I recently did an engagement shoot and the photographer mentioned that my skin came across great in the images. My skin naturally isn't that amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by klj8887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When i first bought this and put it on, I thought Yes! I finally found the perfect foundation. Because in the first hour it looked very smooth and flawless on my face, But then as the night went on, my face started feeling gross and I could feel my skin flaking. The next day my forehead had dry patches on it... Plus the consistency and texture of this product is not very moisturizing and even made my fine lines stick out more. At this price, it should be amazing, love Chanel usually but they need to improve their foundations. Would not purchase again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by arijana1983200417

Very good foundation if your looking for a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish. Not happy with the price,as it is really expensive. It suits people with dry to normal skin and mature skin aswell.One should really have a good skin for this foundation,cause it wont cover acne scars,dark under eye circles and such. Easy to work with and very blendable!! Shade range is more suitable for yellow toned skin,wich I have. Overall very happy with it,and will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation! My HG fdtn is LP Skin Caviar, but I thought I would try other fdtns that aren't so expensive to see what was out there. When I tried this one I fell in love, this foundation is really nice, smooth and it gives me a dewy look, that perfect glow. I have dry skin so this foundation was very hydrating and moisturizing for my skin. I like that you can build it up, so if you want sheer coverage you can do that or if you want a little more coverage you can build it up and it won't look cakey at all. Depends on my mood, but I usually apply this with my beauty blender or with a foundation brush. I am on my 3rd bottle of this foundation and honestly I don't think I need to look for anything else. It is hard enough to find that perfect HG foundation and now I have two and this is one of them. It doesn't clog my pores or breaks me out, I will definitely keep buying this one! Love, love! Oh and the bottle goes a long way too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MissKris1101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! I have dry skin and have been relentlessly searching for that dewy look in a foundation to no avail. I wore sheer glow before this which was nice but not nearly as radiant as this. That being said, this is not for oily skin, as it is extremely hydrating. It is also sheer-medium coverage so for those searching for that full coverage I wouldn't recommend. But if you have dry skin that is relatively clear, this is certainly the product for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraVeiga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my 5th bottle of Chanel Vitalumiere in "Beige". I really love this foundation and recommend it for anyone with a tendency to dry and dehydrated skin. It gives off a beautiful dewy finish which is not shimmery in the slightest just, glowing, would be the best way to describe it.

I usually double cleanse my skin, apply pixi glow toner, a few drop of Nude oil and then a serum, then hydraluron followed by a spritz of Caudalie then my moisturizer (currently using Ren Macadamia and rose or Eve Lom) and finally my foundation! It might sound like a bit of overkill but I find that the more moisture I build up under my makeup, the longer it stays fresh and dewy. As mentioned, I do tend to have skin that veers from dry to quite dry and can otherwise soak up my makeup leaving drier patches.

The only thing which is a bit annoying is that I have found the caps to lose their grip and come off too easily when I have carried this around in my makeup bag. Also, this foundation will transfer unless you set it, which I would not recommend as you will matte out the dewy look which is honestly gorgeous. I have had so many people comment on my skin when I've been wearing this and it pairs up beautifully with highlighters.

It isn't cheap but it does last ages. I think I get around 6 months out of one bottle and this is using almost one full pump a day. I usually apply this with my fingers as it's relatively sheer and liquid.

This is definitely not a foundation for oil or maybe even combination skin and I would not recommend it for someone looking for a lot of coverage. However, if you have dry and relatively clear skin and you like the dewy/glowing finish, try this foundation, I doubt I will ever move on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I loved this. I wore this for the first time on exactly what it advertises: "tired skin" and it looked beautiful. This is illuminating but not sparkly and I thought it wore pretty well, also. 30 Cendre was perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. This foundation was soothing and hydrating to my skin. I love that it has SPF and a pump for easy dispensing. UPDATE: This doesn't really last throughout the day and starts to look cakey and greasy. I think it would be fantastic in the fall/winter when my skin changes and has a really hard time retaining moisture, but right now, it's too much.