April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Penglorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the finish and Dewey look it gives me, I would definitely buy it if I had the money to. I put it over my cc cream and I look so naturally refreshed without looking so tired all the time. It worked on my friend who had large pores and oily skin. I'm dry with oily t-zone and it really doesn't feel that greasy, it doesn't even really smell which is a plus because I usually hate creams and extra stuff on my face. Super cute finish, I look so awake and it's worth a sample at least, go to sephora!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by pokette

Comparing this to the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, this is better. However, if you've got oily skin, it's not really going to help your foundation stay in place. My foundation starts to run around my nose area by mid-day.

You get a lot of product for the full-size tube. I think it's going to take me a really long time to finish using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY wanted to like this stuff. I love Laura Mercier's products, especially her tinted foundations and her other primers and like the idea of this primer giving you a bit of a glow.

Unfortunately the product was nothing like what I expected...

Pros:
-nice glow without adding too much glitter

Cons:
-emphasized my pores instead of concealing them
-made me break out
-greasy feeling, unlike the smooth/velvety texture of her other primers

Maybe this would work for someone with dry skin who had really small pores, but I would recommend steering clear otherwise :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Happyy

I have tried a lot of primers but hands down, this is the best all around. It gives me a beautiful airbrushed, glowy look if that makes any sense. It took me a while to get the hang of how to best use it for me. I do my normal skincare routine then I put the primer on. You must let it dry a few minutes first or it will ball up a bit when u put on your foundation. At least it did with me. Once I figured out how to use it, I now can't be without it. I don't think this primer would be good for oily skin gals as it would just make your skin look more oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Hpinckney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got a sample from Sephora. I have been trying out new primers and I am not impressed. Did nothing to keep my makeup fresh and my face still got oily. I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sophiaxxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! Gives my skin a very dewy complexion without looking shimmery. I would recommend this to anybody who has combination to dry skin. May not be best choice for oily skin. I use it under my Mac matchmaster foundation and it looks like my skin has been airbrushed and it lasts for hours. I bought the travel size tube to try it out. I will definitely be buying a bigger tube when I run out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used primer in over a year. But the SA at Nordstrom's last event asked if I would try this; and I figured out how to love it!

The squeeze tube is the same as the one that they use for their famous TM.

Worn alone: Doesn't work for me. Results in unnatural yellow gold sheen.

Worn under foundation: It did prolong the wear of my foundation. But I didn't really observe any "radiance" effects. Seems that the foundation applied on top just hides that property.

Now, MIXING the primer WITH the foundation: Oh, my goodness, DEWY RADIANT GOODNESS. Kind of reminiscent of MAC Strobe Cream, but where Strobe Cream has a rosy hue, this has a golden hue.

Doesn't do much to minimize the size of your pores, but I still like it. My skin is combination and I have not experienced breakout after using for 2 weeks. Would repurchase

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using a sample of this and just ordered a full-size tube yesterday. I have super oily, scarred and pitted skin, and this is the best primer I have ever used. (I have tried many primers, from Monistat anti-chafing gel to HE products and all did little to improve my skin's appearance or make my makeup last longer). I apply Radiance over my Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-touch Sunblock. I let the SS set for a few minutes before applying the primer. After the primer I'm applying either ColorStay, CG Outlast or L'Oreal True Match, and all stay on longer and wear better than with any other primer I've tried. I had stopped using CG Outlast because it would turn orange-y toward the end of the day, but the color stays true on Radiance. My face doesn't get nearly as oily through the day and my foundation looks as good near the end of the day as when I applied it. I've been touching up with powder only once during the day. That's huge for me. So, I wouldn't discourage oily-skinned women from trying this. It might not work for everyone, but for me, Queen of the Oilies, it has been a real find. One slight negative, though -- when I apply my Bare Minerals over Radiance, it goes on splotchy and looks muddy. So, for me, Radiance words best under liquid foundations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Sorry to be a naysayer, but this is so very NOT the primer to use if you have oily skin or an oily t-zone, or if you are very pale. First off, for the pale girls- this stuff is tinted, shows up to be very orange, and will give the appearance that you are wearing very poorly matched foundation. For the oily girls- it all starts out looking great, and at first it was impressive how lovely my skin and makeup looked. Fast forward to lunchtime, and my makeup was pretty much sliding down my face. My makeup lasts better with no primer than it does using this product. The "radiance" part of the primer (which is pearly shimmer that's added to the product) also likely contributed to making my skin look even oilier than it actually is in real life. To be fair, I wore this consecutively for a few days, just to give it a chance. I was so disappointed. For such an expensive product, this was a huge fail. Luckily, I learned my lesson from a luxury sample and wasn't left regretting the purchase of a full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

The first few times I used this I thought it was definitely too shimmery for my liking for a primer. But then I noticed how I looked on camera having used this primer and wow, it really does give me radiant looking skin! This wouldn't be an every day primer that I'd reach for but something I'd use if I were going to be on HD video. I definitely wouldn't reach for this if I was going for a matte look as this gives the look of dewiness. It also has a gold-ish tint to it but that also seems to work well for giving a warmness on camera.