November 1, 2014 | 540 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is a great primer if you have clear issue free skin because I can see where it might cause grief for some folks. I love it paired up with my Bobbi Brown Mineral Foundation. Gives me a nice subtle glow. I received a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and a little goes a long way so I don't see myself using this up anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by andreeal3005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Works well as a primer, my mu stays put longer, or at least doesn't sepárate or cake at the end of the day. Also, it imparts a nice radiance, but it won't show trough that much if you wear heavy coverage foundation.

I recommend purchasing travel size as a great way to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely primer. I can see why so many people love her primers. It has a unique texture more like the consistency of a thin moisturizer. It absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin looking very awake and glowy without leaving any visible glitter on my face. Foundation applies beautifully over top. I do not however think that this primer increases the longevity of my foundation, but that wasn't why I was buying it. Its a wonderful step to add to your base especially if you have dry/dull skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really enjoy this product, normally suffer from dry skin and its an excellent base to work off.
When I'm just ducking out for milk or to run errands I pop some of this on and translucent powder and its honestly enough.
A couple of times I've forgotten to prime and you can really notice the difference.
Have already bought again and will continue to do so!
Really loving LM's products!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation primer. I does feel a bit oily, so oily skinned ladies beware, and definitely does not prolong the wear of my foundation that much. However, that being said, this stuff looks absolutely amazing under light coverage foundation and mixed in with medium to full coverage foundations.

Personally, I love using this stuff with mineral foundation on top (I use the Laura Mercier one, which I love). Mineral foundation on its own has a very natural finish, but sometimes I just want that oomph without looking very excessively highlighted and this absolutely does the trick. Because the powder is very light coverage, this primer shows through and gives you a great glow. It also looks great under ultra-light liquid foundations and I have used it a lot under my Vitalumiere Aqua.

A little bit goes a long way and I have barely made a dent in my tube after six months of frequent use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got one of those tiny samples that Sephora gives out and while I didn't appreciate it while it lasted, I'm really missing it now that it's gone. I usually use Clinique's pore-minimizing primer and I like it, but the Laura Mercier product is a little more substantial and really does light up my face. It's pricey, which is a problem, but I imagine that a full-size tube will last a long time. It's very light and smooth, and a little goes a long way. Very nice product (if it was available in the country I live in, I'd run out and buy it right now).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Penglorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the finish and Dewey look it gives me, I would definitely buy it if I had the money to. I put it over my cc cream and I look so naturally refreshed without looking so tired all the time. It worked on my friend who had large pores and oily skin. I'm dry with oily t-zone and it really doesn't feel that greasy, it doesn't even really smell which is a plus because I usually hate creams and extra stuff on my face. Super cute finish, I look so awake and it's worth a sample at least, go to sephora!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by pokette

Comparing this to the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, this is better. However, if you've got oily skin, it's not really going to help your foundation stay in place. My foundation starts to run around my nose area by mid-day.

You get a lot of product for the full-size tube. I think it's going to take me a really long time to finish using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY wanted to like this stuff. I love Laura Mercier's products, especially her tinted foundations and her other primers and like the idea of this primer giving you a bit of a glow.

Unfortunately the product was nothing like what I expected...

Pros:
-nice glow without adding too much glitter

Cons:
-emphasized my pores instead of concealing them
-made me break out
-greasy feeling, unlike the smooth/velvety texture of her other primers

Maybe this would work for someone with dry skin who had really small pores, but I would recommend steering clear otherwise :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No