Almay Eye makeup remover [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/31/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i'm surprised to see negative reviews about this because when i had cystic acne and wore a lot of makeup, i actually used this all over my face! it really got everything off of my skin and was very gentle.

on 10/16/2009 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear waterproof eye makeup and it still takes me 4 cottonballs to get my makeup off, and some is usually still remaining. The reason I continue to re-purchase is because it doesn't irritate my eyes and it is better than nothing. Lots of department store brands have irritated my eyes even if they did remove mu better. The search continues, but this always suffices and is easy to pick up when I'm traveling.

on 6/20/2009 3:01:00 PM

It's very oily and you need to work at it to get all of your eye makeup off.

on 10/15/2008 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used my roommates, so I don't actually own this to repurchase, but I wouldn't purchase it.

This gets the job done, but you have to keep going at it. You don't have to tug or anything, but it does take a while to get off.

The good thing about this is that it is gentle & doesn't sting your eyes or anything. And it doesn't leave anything behind, like a residue feeling or makeup or whatever.

There's better eye makeup removers out there.

on 3/6/2008 9:10:00 PM

Terrible stuff. After a couple of weeks of use, the skin around my eyes is puffy and burning. Yuck!

on 10/17/2007 12:58:00 PM

An average makeup remover. It is gentle, doesn't cause irritation, works quickly, but useless when it comes to waterproof/resistant mascara or liners. Wouldn't pay full price for it, but on sale, with a coupon - maybe, for quick removal of light everyday makeup.

on 6/9/2007 11:34:00 PM

If you like motor oil, you'll like this. YUK!!!

on 5/13/2007 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This review is for Almay Oil-Free Make Up Remover liquid. I don't usually write reviews, but I had to warn people about this horrendous product. I would say its makeup removing ability is about the same as cold water, which is to say it barely removes any mascara. It also leaves your eye area feeling really dry and stiff. I've switched to Neutrogena eye makeup remover, and for the same price, this stuff actually removes makeup!! I recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend too much, but wants something that works.

on 4/3/2007 11:24:00 PM

I just recently ran out of my Shiseido Eye Make Up Remover, and I was on a relatively low budget, when I desperately needed a remover and bumped into this one at the drug store. I usually wear waterproof eye make up, and when I tried it the first night, it was horrible! My mascara came out in black clumps with this thing, and my skin felt horrible afterwards. On another note, it did remove most of my pencil eyeliner on my bottom eyelids.
My favourite eye make up remover is the MAC "Gently Off Eye and Lip Make up Remover". It's not very oily, and it's super gentle on the skin. It does WONDERS in removing my eye makeup (and waterproof mascara). I didnt get the same clumping resulting from Almay's version.

on 1/12/2005 4:36:00 PM

This review is for Almay's Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Gel (not the liquid, which I was reasonably happy with). I liked the consistency of the gel because I thought it would be more travel-friendly than a liquid, but it just didn't get the job done. Its efficacy was a little better when I first got it, so I'm not sure if it's because it got old, but I don't think a makeup remover should lose its potency so much just from a couple of months. I prefer Almay's Eye Makeup Remover in liquid form, or Rimmel's Eye Makeup remover (which is a better value). I will not be repurchasing this again.