November 27, 2014 | 1238 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Eye makeup remover [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i'm surprised to see negative reviews about this because when i had cystic acne and wore a lot of makeup, i actually used this all over my face! it really got everything off of my skin and was very gentle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't wear waterproof eye makeup and it still takes me 4 cottonballs to get my makeup off, and some is usually still remaining. The reason I continue to re-purchase is because it doesn't irritate my eyes and it is better than nothing. Lots of department store brands have irritated my eyes even if they did remove mu better. The search continues, but this always suffices and is easy to pick up when I'm traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by kamiyagrl89

It's very oily and you need to work at it to get all of your eye makeup off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used my roommates, so I don't actually own this to repurchase, but I wouldn't purchase it.

This gets the job done, but you have to keep going at it. You don't have to tug or anything, but it does take a while to get off.

The good thing about this is that it is gentle & doesn't sting your eyes or anything. And it doesn't leave anything behind, like a residue feeling or makeup or whatever.

There's better eye makeup removers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Terrible stuff. After a couple of weeks of use, the skin around my eyes is puffy and burning. Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by anenga

An average makeup remover. It is gentle, doesn't cause irritation, works quickly, but useless when it comes to waterproof/resistant mascara or liners. Wouldn't pay full price for it, but on sale, with a coupon - maybe, for quick removal of light everyday makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ae0003

If you like motor oil, you'll like this. YUK!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by josieq15

This review is for Almay Oil-Free Make Up Remover liquid. I don't usually write reviews, but I had to warn people about this horrendous product. I would say its makeup removing ability is about the same as cold water, which is to say it barely removes any mascara. It also leaves your eye area feeling really dry and stiff. I've switched to Neutrogena eye makeup remover, and for the same price, this stuff actually removes makeup!! I recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend too much, but wants something that works.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by shiningb3b3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just recently ran out of my Shiseido Eye Make Up Remover, and I was on a relatively low budget, when I desperately needed a remover and bumped into this one at the drug store. I usually wear waterproof eye make up, and when I tried it the first night, it was horrible! My mascara came out in black clumps with this thing, and my skin felt horrible afterwards. On another note, it did remove most of my pencil eyeliner on my bottom eyelids.
My favourite eye make up remover is the MAC "Gently Off Eye and Lip Make up Remover". It's not very oily, and it's super gentle on the skin. It does WONDERS in removing my eye makeup (and waterproof mascara). I didnt get the same clumping resulting from Almay's version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Almay's Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Gel (not the liquid, which I was reasonably happy with). I liked the consistency of the gel because I thought it would be more travel-friendly than a liquid, but it just didn't get the job done. Its efficacy was a little better when I first got it, so I'm not sure if it's because it got old, but I don't think a makeup remover should lose its potency so much just from a couple of months. I prefer Almay's Eye Makeup Remover in liquid form, or Rimmel's Eye Makeup remover (which is a better value). I will not be repurchasing this again.