August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by aoife101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disappointing, doesn't play well with make-up as a primer, at least for the tinted moisturisers I use. I end up with cemented clumps of make-up around the pores on my nose, definitely not the look I'm going for. The product is too pale and lightweight to use on its own - the effect is a white-ish mask over a pinkish schnozz. I've had better results to get make-up to grip to my T-zone, especially my nose, without clumping with the Laura Mercier Secret Finish mattifying product, although that is not perfect either.
I've been using the Clinique corrector with the Clinique pore correcting serum, as recommended by the sales assistant without seeing huge benefits.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the worst waste of money ever. Not only did it make me break out, but when you wear makeup over this it looks all flaky and feathery. Not to mention it dried out my skin... DO NOT buy this!!! Awful product all around.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by carolinewknight

Now although I have been a fan of some of Clinique's moisturiser's and MU, I am really not too sure what to make of the 'Instant Perfector'. My pores are much more refined than before (thanks to Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5 - please see my other review for more on that!) but on very warm days and especially when my sugar intake has been very high, my skin can become more oily in the t-zone and the pores unfortunately re-appear (though to a small degree). Using this from Clinique doesn't seem to do a great deal more than what my foundation could do anyway, by that I mean filling the pores in temporarily until washed-off. The difference when using this before my foundation is marginal and for the record I rubbed it in circular motions to really get it right into my pores. Maybe its just my skin that it doesn't do much for, all I do know is I will continue to focus on 'treating' rather than finding a solution for 'covering up' and the only way forward for that is my trusty Retinol serum.

This one from Clinique is definitely not one to re-purchase, for me at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by SootGremlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my life saver.. I seem to always have open pores on and around more nose/cheeks and when I apply make up this makes them even more visible. I spoke to a lady at the Clinque counter who recommended this to me. Now the price is a little off putting for the size of product but I can assure you a little goes a long way.. I have been using this for over 6 months now and I still have some left. I don't know what I would do without this product and I am now tempted to try there more expensive solution which is a product that should get rid of the open pores instead of refining them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

One of the worst products from Clinique I've ever used. There was not one way that I coud make this product work for me. It was an ultimate bust!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

WARNING - If you have acne run from this. Do not stop and try it - just speed past it. I have acne, but was not having any flare ups. I tried this along with the matching correcting serum and my acne flared badly. A week and 3 days later I am still having a major flare up of painful cyst style pimples. When I looked at the ingredients I found Dimethcone which explains a lot. Even though this does smooth the skin it is not worth the breakouts in the long term.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Stationary

This was recommended to me by my hairdresser as her HG product, and it definitely works for her. I really wanted this to work for me but it just doesn't. I've tried using it many times in different ways but it never really seems to make my pores look smaller at all, even on my cheeks which aren't all that visible, but still obvious if looked closely.

This was also really expensive for a tiny tube even if you only need a tiny tiny amount everytime, I also feel like it really accentuates any dry areas more than anything which I do not like.

Overall, I heard great things and seen real results but didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by RuqZy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is AWESOME! I see a better effect when I apply it over my make up, it makes my skin look much clearer, smoother and almost flawless and my skin has never been close to flawless! By looking at the reviews I wasn't sure if this product would work but it did. It made my pores look a bit smaller and it definitely prevents you from getting more spots.

The reason WHY I have given the product 4 stars overall is because of the price, it isn't affordable but cheaper than the rest of the products for the pores and you know what, if the amount given was at LEAST 30ml, it would have been okay. BUT 15ml!? That's just being greedy now. :( Well, at least this makes my skin look good, that's all I care about! Yay :)

UPDATE - Whenever I apply this over my make up, it takes some of my foundation off and you can see my marks again. So that's a shame. And it doesn't prevent my spots anymore, that was just a 'beginners luck' I guess?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

This stuff is fantastic! I totally agree with Adennert's review below. I don't use this as a "pore minimizer" either, in fact I think it should be renamed since it's more of a tinted primer/mattifier. The Invisible Light shade is perfect for my skin tone, blending in perfectly and since I don't wear much foundation, only tinted moisturizer, this eliminates shine in my T-Zone while looking completely natural. Totally reduces the need for soo many of those blotting papers. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Daniela7474

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE. Did nothing to refine my pores or control oil. Feels like a greasy mask on my face. Within an hour, my makeup was combined with my natural skin oils and this stuff. Save your money, this was a waste!