September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cupcake

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by SM824star

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Its funny how this is lip a lip balm or butter, because unless i slather on 5 zillion coats of lip balm, it manages to sink itself into every line, crease or and chapped-ness attribute of my lip. ARRGH!! :-X Maybe i just got the unlucky tube, or its just the color, but i hate this. Also, there is not much product. Maybe 1.5 centimeters. WHAT THE? It did smell like cupcakes though, maybe because of the shade... :-) I think i'll give it a second chance with another shade, because my friends love them. The packaging is great though, i love the little quilted pattern and sheer color. And the top of the cap is clear so you dont have to wonder what the color looks like. This was $6.99 at Target, so it took up almost a quarter of my gift card :-(. Not the worst ever, (Loreal, smells like death) but definitely not the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I do like this a lot, I think it's a beautiful pink and very wearable day to day. It has no staying power though, very creamy, which means a lot of reapplications so I don't think the tube is going to last me very long! Very pretty and will probably repurchase when I see it on sale/2 for 1 or that kind of thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty light pink with blue hue/cool tone pink. Bought this for summer & used it. Usually use two coats for more color. Not drying, but do get some corner caking so I took a lippy away for that. Packaging cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this and tried it on. I'm taking it back. I love the formula. The drawback for me is you can't really see what the color looks like through the colored lid. It's far to shimmery and purple for my lips. I'm looking for something less blue and more creamy. I will try another Revlon product however.

I'm sure it's pretty on the right skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by LissaGe

I'm in love with this new lip butter! It goes on smooth and evenly like a butter, but packs great colour. The light pink is so adorable and perfect for summer. I'm totally in love with the pin tuck packaging, and I like that the outside container reflects the lip colour so you don't have to peek inside or read the label to know what shade it is. Overall great purchase, and will be going back for more colours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Not a fan; far too pale for my fairly pigmented lips, and being sheer means that rather than being able to build it up all I can make it do is gather more and more in my liplines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is basically a DUPE color wise for MAC's limited edition lipglass in snob. Although this is obviously not a lip gloss, but the moisturizing, hydrated glossy sheen finish gives an appearance of a gloss. MAC snob lipglass was not as dark and true to the actual regular lipstick, so if you have that you may not agree with me. But if you did pick up the gloss version (or missed out & want the same effect), check swatches online and decide for yourself :) Its not the most wearable shade for most MLBB/punch of color that are more trendy currently but its a shade that can be justified to add to a collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a creamy pale pink with a faint shimmer - very Barbie. If I apply it with a light hand, it doesn't look that bad. However, it looks awful when I layer it up. I think it's because I have no pink undertones and am neutral.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cupcake is a pale, blue based pink. The formula is very creamy and moisturizing! It does accent imperfections though so exfoliate before you use it! I have fairly pale lips to begin with so this is almost as pigmented as a lipstick on me. The packaging is cute and very well designed. These are great! definitely give them a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by javachip00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have several Revlon Lip Butters now, and surprisingly, Cupcake turned out to be the one I reach for the most.
I say it's surprising because it wasn't one of the shades I had my eye on. I was mainly intrigued by Gumdrop (eh..) and Pink Truffle (great but too similar to my pigmented lips).
Cupcake is a very pretty light pink that brightens up my face... that is if I use a light hand.
I pretty much dab it on my lips and it's perfect. I don't swipe it on, or else it gets too frosty and it looks like I'm going to the club. But I mainly use this at work.
Overall, I gave it a 4 out of 5 because, as cute as the packaging looks, it's not the easiest to open. And I have to wear a lip balm underneath, or else it shows off the dryness of my lips. I'd still repurchase since it's inexpensive, cute, and more wearable for me than a lipstick.
Other pros: No scent and leaves a nice stain after a while.
Cons: Not long lasting, but I don't mind reapplying. I'm sort of a lip product junkie and enjoy keeping them in my bag to reapply.