July 29, 2014 | 2060 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't confident that this product would work as it was an impulse buy, and as you do, I eagerly looked up the MUA review afterward only to be disappointed with its overall rating.

I am now at the end of the tube of dark spot corrector and I believe it has made quite a difference. My skin looks smoother and even toned. It seems to have gotten rid of light blemishes and marks.
I will definitely buy again. I like the fresh scent. I mostly apply it on its own in the morning, but sometimes use a richer moisturiser over it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Rachey101

This product, like all, is likely to take time to work. I've been using it for just over a month. I have widely spread acne scarring and discolourations on my face. My face was just so red.
But now I see my skin has reduced in redness by a substantial amount. There's still a wee way to go, but I will hold in there because it seems to be doing the job.
I don't recommend for people with more than mild acne. It's best to clear the acne before treating the aftermath.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by annieannee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did notice small improvement in skin texture but I was also exfoliating daily.Gave it two months to lighten dark spots from acne scars and sun damage. Used with the garnier dark spot overnight peel. Didn't work wonders like I thought it would. I truly don't think it lightened the spots anymore than if I just exfoliated everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because i have dark spots left from past pimples. its kinda watery but feels good and cooling on skin. i feel like it works really fast and have noticed results in just one use. the packaging is a bit weird at first but then its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupreviews11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have had to deal with acne my whole teenage life, and i bouht this hoping it would help clear up the scars and marks that pimples had left on my face. i wasnt expecting much, what product could make that miracle happen? ive been using it for just over a month, i put it on my skin everynight before bed and i have fallin in love. it is no miracle but it definetly has gotten rid of most of my scars. i used to wear foundation every day and now i dont need to. i am way more confident with my skin.

made me breakout the first time i used it, but after that it helps dryout pimples i think.
i will continue to use this product and purchase another one, the price is definetly worth it. i definetly reccomened.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by lizmorales

I have a birthmark on my side that has always bothered me when i have to wear bikinis so I've always been interested in dark spot removers but I tried this stuff and used an entire bottle of it and it didn't really do anything other than make my birthmark brighter. I guess it did fade a bit, but it's not the results I was expecting. It's more noticeable now. :( oh well...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Sayalathieo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for little over a month and haven't seen any significant changes. I have dark spots from acne, not a lot but its still something I don't enjoy looking at when I look in the mirror. I was hoping this would at least fade a few of the marks. So far nothing...so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product because of reddish individual blemish scars left on my chin.
I first used this neat on my bare skin, and my initial reaction ( on my incredibly sensitive skin) was patches of small red bums appearing underneath my skin around my mouth and chin.
I was slightly concerned but left it until the bumps had cleared. One week.
I tried it again knowing it is because my skin was sensitive. First, using a standard moisturiser on my face. Left for 5 minutes, and then a light application of the dark spot corrector.

This allowed me to gradually use the dark spot corrector to a point where I could use it straight on my bare skin- I think the red bumps were a reaction to the potency of the vitamin c in the dark spot corrector.

It leaves my skin glowing. I am very pleased with this treatment. It feels like it leaves a film over my skin- not unpleasant at all- that protects it throughout the day. My chin is no longer red- and I believe that the corrector not only helped with colour correction but almost helped the healing of my skin- which was appalling by the time I went to the doctors who prescribed me antibiotics for the state of my skin.

I would buy this product again, which I can now use all over my face after the slight desensitization. I also use Elemis SOS cream at £50 a go, and I feel I get the same glowing effect as with this corrector product despite them targeting different problems, and that I got the Garnier corrector for £7.49! Doesn't take a genius to figure out what I'll be re-buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sillyme168

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 5 months now, night and day. I have a very oily skin and my skin used to break out often. I have some acne scars as well unfortunately. So I decided to give it a try. I must say when I just started using this product, I was very impressed. The cream felt nice and not greasy at all. My skin felt very soft and it didn't cause any break-outs. So after a week, my skin was better and it felt smoother. What I also very like about this product, is the nice smell.

I noticed that my the acne scars did fade and my skin tone got better and brighter after a few weeks. But it didn't get rid off all of my acne scars/dark spots. Even, this product didn't do everything what was promised, I am still very pleased with it. I was not expecting miracles at all in the first place, especially for that price. I have also tried Clinique Dark Spot corrector before and for almost a year (it was soooo expensive!). And I think that Garnier Dark Spot Treatment does more for me.

This product works fine for me as a good moisturizer. But I do notice now in the summer, my skin gets very oily. so I decided to stop with the Garnier Dark Spot Treatment for a while and try something else to matify my skin. As soon the weather gets colder again, I will definitely start using this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Jamie47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hope ya'll don't think this is weird but i'm a man. I bought this product to get rid of the age spots on my forehead. It worked great. You have to give it time. I started noticing results after 3 weeks. It takes 8 weeks for the full effect but it does work.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No