August 29, 2014 | 1801 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I have acne for years I am a light skinned latina and have had hyper pigmentation and brown spots because of my acne and I can say using this at day and night has lightened my dark spots about 80 percent in about 3 months.i used to have spots that were very pigmented on my chin and those are almost gone.you have to use this routinely everyday.you will see results!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this for over a year now, repurchased many times usually on a 3 for 2 offer as I think the full price (~£9.99) is a bit steep. The main reason I think that is because it's not a special miracle product. It's labelled as a Dark Spot Corrector but the effects are veeeerrry slow but in my opinion it does work nonetheless; but again, very slowly.

I do like the product overall though because although it doesn't work quickly at doing what it says on the tin, what it does do for me is make my skin RADIANT and GLOWING. Over the last year I've noticed that when I don't use this my skin doesn't look as smooth and radiant. As soon as I go back to this my skin looks glowy again.

In winter and autumn/fall I mix this moisturiser with a heavier one because my skin is quite dry. In summer I mix it with something with SPF in it as this doesn't have any.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't confident that this product would work as it was an impulse buy, and as you do, I eagerly looked up the MUA review afterward only to be disappointed with its overall rating.

I am now at the end of the tube of dark spot corrector and I believe it has made quite a difference. My skin looks smoother and even toned. It seems to have gotten rid of light blemishes and marks.
I will definitely buy again. I like the fresh scent. I mostly apply it on its own in the morning, but sometimes use a richer moisturiser over it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Rachey101

This product, like all, is likely to take time to work. I've been using it for just over a month. I have widely spread acne scarring and discolourations on my face. My face was just so red.
But now I see my skin has reduced in redness by a substantial amount. There's still a wee way to go, but I will hold in there because it seems to be doing the job.
I don't recommend for people with more than mild acne. It's best to clear the acne before treating the aftermath.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by annieannee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did notice small improvement in skin texture but I was also exfoliating daily.Gave it two months to lighten dark spots from acne scars and sun damage. Used with the garnier dark spot overnight peel. Didn't work wonders like I thought it would. I truly don't think it lightened the spots anymore than if I just exfoliated everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because i have dark spots left from past pimples. its kinda watery but feels good and cooling on skin. i feel like it works really fast and have noticed results in just one use. the packaging is a bit weird at first but then its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupreviews11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have had to deal with acne my whole teenage life, and i bouht this hoping it would help clear up the scars and marks that pimples had left on my face. i wasnt expecting much, what product could make that miracle happen? ive been using it for just over a month, i put it on my skin everynight before bed and i have fallin in love. it is no miracle but it definetly has gotten rid of most of my scars. i used to wear foundation every day and now i dont need to. i am way more confident with my skin.

made me breakout the first time i used it, but after that it helps dryout pimples i think.
i will continue to use this product and purchase another one, the price is definetly worth it. i definetly reccomened.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by lizmorales

I have a birthmark on my side that has always bothered me when i have to wear bikinis so I've always been interested in dark spot removers but I tried this stuff and used an entire bottle of it and it didn't really do anything other than make my birthmark brighter. I guess it did fade a bit, but it's not the results I was expecting. It's more noticeable now. :( oh well...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Sayalathieo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for little over a month and haven't seen any significant changes. I have dark spots from acne, not a lot but its still something I don't enjoy looking at when I look in the mirror. I was hoping this would at least fade a few of the marks. So far nothing...so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product because of reddish individual blemish scars left on my chin.
I first used this neat on my bare skin, and my initial reaction ( on my incredibly sensitive skin) was patches of small red bums appearing underneath my skin around my mouth and chin.
I was slightly concerned but left it until the bumps had cleared. One week.
I tried it again knowing it is because my skin was sensitive. First, using a standard moisturiser on my face. Left for 5 minutes, and then a light application of the dark spot corrector.

This allowed me to gradually use the dark spot corrector to a point where I could use it straight on my bare skin- I think the red bumps were a reaction to the potency of the vitamin c in the dark spot corrector.

It leaves my skin glowing. I am very pleased with this treatment. It feels like it leaves a film over my skin- not unpleasant at all- that protects it throughout the day. My chin is no longer red- and I believe that the corrector not only helped with colour correction but almost helped the healing of my skin- which was appalling by the time I went to the doctors who prescribed me antibiotics for the state of my skin.

I would buy this product again, which I can now use all over my face after the slight desensitization. I also use Elemis SOS cream at £50 a go, and I feel I get the same glowing effect as with this corrector product despite them targeting different problems, and that I got the Garnier corrector for £7.49! Doesn't take a genius to figure out what I'll be re-buying!