September 17, 2014 | 1948 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the wand of this mascara. It is great at lengthening and separating lashes. It isn't the best at creating volume, however. I also find that I can't bring it out to the ends of my bottom lashes or it will transfer under my eyes after a few hours. Just an ok mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

3.5 My friend and I buy one another mascara every now and then. I bought her Manga and she bought me Colossal Cat eye. Now Colossal REG is one of my all time FAVS...Cat eye's good. Not so much a thickening, but the brush / wand works well for my large almond shaped eyes. I do NOT need my curler. This is a lengthening mascara, so if your after thickening just buy the ORIG Colossal :) The glam black isn't as black as I'd like so I will NOT get it again as I prefer the new-ish smoky eye Colossal instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by KisaNZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in New Zealand so these are NZ prices :)
I don't have thick, long lashes so I was looking for something that worked for me and the first Maybelline mascara I got (last year) was the One By One, which I like because it coats, separates, and doesnt clump. And then after some checking around, looking at reviews etc went to a cosmetics sale and got the Maybelline Volum Express Colossal Cat Eyes double pack (on sale) to try. And for $15NZD, was well worth it. Also bought the Maybelline The Falsies Flared for $10NZD at the same sale. Did a comparison and prefer the Cat Eyes, purely for the wand shape, which gives me some nice curl, even when I dont curl my lashes. Left it on over night, and the mascara was still there, a little bit flakey, but hey, I slept in it! The formula for both smells awful, but who's going to smell your lashes?? Didn't smudge, didn't rub off, removed with my Simple Eye Makeup Remover. Did it give a lot of volume? Couldn't really tell, but not really? In the photos I posted I put 2 coats on each, just to see. If you're looking for a good 'budget' mascara Maybelline can't go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Fla8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst mascara I ever tried. Falls all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by radlegend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite go-to mascara. I love Maybelline Mascaras in general - but this one I never go without.
Lashes come out longer, thicker, fanned out. It does tend to cluimp - but a lash brush sorts that out in one comb: revealing lovely, luscious long lashes.
I have short, thin but curly lashes - this adds such wonderful length and volume!!! I recommend this to ALL my friends, as I always get compliments!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Disappointing. I generally like Maybelline mascara, but this one is just blah. I have long, straight, light lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for them. It's not terrible, it's not much of anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by joeysgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i waited a bit to write a review, so here goes. i am a woman in my early 40's and have noticed my lashes are becoming pretty puny. i usually run back to almay one coat. but i have been on the lookout for a new on so i guess it wasnt my HG. I use my mascara a few weeks for the formula to "thicken up" before i say its a keeper or toss..and this seems to be just getting better and better. i usually use one mascara for thickening and another for length ( i like serious big lashes) but i have found that i am only using this. have not felt the need to look elsewhere..yet. i do wish they would have more of a curling effect..i suppose i could use a curler..(lazy much?) but i will buy again and also going to try the waterproof..its pretty cheap..GO FOR IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Floradanica

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara works well for my long but thin, straight eyelashes. The curved brush fits my eye perfectly, which is a help. (My eyes are quite oval/round.) The formula does not flake, which my last, much more expensive mascara did. You need to do a very thorough job removing it; once it's on, it's on! I find I don't really need an eyelash curler, which is a nice bonus. I like quieter, more classic packaging, so the loud, brightly colored graphics of the packaging are a turn off for me. But the mascara performs much better than the gorgeously packaged one I had before, and that is the main thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by daisyyyxxo

I seriously loveeee this product. I loved how the wand is curved so you can get each and every lash. This made my eyelashes curled, long and full of volume. I bought it twice and i'm going to buy it again soon. The only downside is that it drys out too quickly and it sometimes gets clumpy. But other than that, I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Disappointing. I like a small and curved brush, but the product itself does nothing. My lashes look short and clumpy. I have to brush through using a clean wand (I do that with almost every mascara, but in this case it seems to wipe off the product too...) Not good.