October 22, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this, but mainly because it doesn't suit me. It's a warm-toned baby pink but just looks really odd with my complexion. It's smooth and relatively sheer. Not long-lasting. Seeps into cracks so you'd need to wear lip balm under it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Mashenka11

This is my holy grail !! I have been searching for the perfect lip product for a long time. I don't like most lipsticks because they feel too drying and overdone for me, but yet I dont like lipglosses because of the super shiny, sticky feel. The consistency of this one is right on target for me, creamy, just thick enough but lightweight and only a smidget sticky.

Color - this has always been a challenge. I have a light skin tone but not very pale. I love accentuating my lips, with look-at-me wine colors and berrys, but I honestly don't go out enough to events where I could feel comfortable doing that. So, I wanted something that was wearable every day. Enter - Revlon strawberry shortcake. It is the perfect creamy mid toned pink. I have tried lots of pinks - they were always either too bubble gum, or too bright, or washed me out, or non colored.

Texture - Creamy, I didnt use a lip balm as it moisturizes my lips. Also, I didnt need a gloss on top because it provides just enough shine.

Price - $6.98 at walmart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am on the fence about this but definitely won't be repurchasing this shade. This is the first lip butter I've tried and I am kind of disappointed with the colour. I didn't expect it to be leaning more towards a Barbie pink shade when applied onto my lips. Although it is sheer, if you don't go over it more than a couple times then it will look more natural. I tend to prefer MLBB type of lip products.

I love the texture of this since it's extremely creamy and doesn't feel like there's anything on your lips. While it doesn't settle into the crevices of your lips, it does emphasize dry spots. It's not so bad to the point where I wouldn't use it again but definitely not going to be my go to lip product. It isn't exactly moisturizing but it doesn't dry out your lips either. The finish is glossy with a hint of frost. I would assume the frost finish would be more apparent if you build up on this. I guess I'll use this whenever I want to switch things up a bit. Don't feel like wasting this since I can't return it and it isn't horrid.

As for the packaging it's mediocre. While it does look cute and I like how you're able to view the colour from the top, there is one minor thing that bugs me. I probably have OCD so when I noticed that every time I twisted down the lipstick before putting on the cap, a bit of the product would smear onto the side of it, it makes me cringe. It's not a big deal as I'm sure other products out there would have this issue as well but it gives me a huge urge to clean it ASAP. I tend to not twist it down anymore just so I don't have to deal with that, haha. I also purchased this in Berry Smoothie so I am hoping that colour will be what I'm looking for. So far I still prefer the Maybelline Color Whisper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by samgv

I really like the Revlon Lip Butters, but I was a little disapointed with this color, since it was the first one I bought. The packaging is a squared pink cap with two sides quilted and the top of the cap is clear so you can see the color. When you take off the cap you find a really pretty twist part that is metal and fancy, and the bottom of the whole thing is black and says Revlon on it. The product itself is really pigmented and really smooth, it glides on flawlessly. The color was hard to get used to since it is a lot more light than my natural lip color(red). I wouldn't recommend this color if you have chapped lips because the color will get stuck there and just look nasty, so make sure your lips are nice and moisturized. These lip butters are so pigmented and moisturizing at the same time that it's the perfect combo of a lipstick and a lip balm, for the perfect colorful shiny finish it gives you. I would definitely recommend the lip butters, but this color is not my favorite. I will not repurchasse this color.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

This was my first Lip Butter by Revlon and I wasn't impressed. Luckily I caved in and bought another one and I was pleased but I don't like this one at all. The problem is the color is a frost like finish and if you chapped lips or your skin on the lip is peeling this color is not for you. Specifically this color and this color only, tends to sink into any lip imperfections. The color looks bad on my lips and is very sticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was the first lip butter I have tried, and I think I know why so many girls rave about this lippie. The texture of this line is amazing, it is very smooth and creamy and leaves the right amount of shine and pigmentation to your lips. I don't find this to be drying or particularly moisturizing, but coming from someone who has very dry lips, I find myself skipping lip balm before applying this.
This shade is a cool toned pink with slight shimmers (no grainy particles) which are hardly noticeable on the lips. It applies very smoothly and evenly however, it does settle into the fine lines of the lips. It is lightweight and non-greasy, however the staying power is poor. On average I would say this lasts 3 hours before you would need to reapply, however, it doesn't bother me.
I see this shade being a hot seller for younger women, and I would pass on this shade if you are not interested in the baby pinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is very much a Barbie pink, but I love it. I pair it with a neutral, matte eye look. So everything looks very natural, then this is my pop of color. Don't put on too thick, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

my favorite shade out of all revlon lip butters than i own (i have about 3/4 of the collection).
this is great for every day, just enough to show a sweet pink on your lips but not over the top. such a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by despina13

I love this lip butter! I have medium skin with yellow undertones and am usually hesitant on lighter pinks like this one, but it actually looks amazing! I have gotten many compliments on it, and it is now my common everyday color!
The application is very smooth, and the result in an even medium pink with a slight sheen to it. It doesn't last too long, but this is not something that the company claims it does, and lip butters don't normally last very long so I can't complain there. It is very easy to apply without a mirror anyway!
The packaging made it slightly hard to open when i first got it, but I stopped having problems with that within a week. I love how the top is transparent and you can see the actual color of the product.
Overall, this is one of my everyday go-to lip products, and I would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Not a fan. Far too light for my fairly pigmented lips, and all the "sheer" formula meant was that the milky overly-pale color gathered in my liplines.