July 23, 2014 | 1843 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Cherry Tart

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

So I'm a shameless HE snob. I've gone through two Cherry Tart lip butters already, and bought a spare. And when that one's gone I will continue to repurchase. That tells you something, right?

I frankly didn't even know there was glitter in this, until I read the reviews. I still can't see/feel it... It just looks like a shiny lipstick (not glossy or glittery).

Anyway, the color is the most perfect shade of red with just a tiiiiiiiny bit of deep pink that I believe would flatter anyone. It isn't sheer at all, but you do need a couple of coats to get a full-on pigmented lipstick look. I love how this makes any makeup look put together and sexy. It feels just like a regular lipstick on your lips (I don't get the moisturizing effect, but that's not the reason I bought it), and it's not drying and doesn't settle into the lips lines. It also doesn't merge out of your lips, even without lipliner (unless you accidentally smudge it with something).

The lasting power is nothing special, it's just what you'd expect a lip butter to last- a couple of hours by itself, it will vanish right off if you eat something. For more lasting power I use a red lipliner all over my lips, then add two coats of Cherry Tart. It doesn't need lipgloss, as the finish is already shiny and beautiful. I still carry this around to reapply every now and then.

The only reason this doesn't get 5 lippies, is the packaging. The two tubes that I've used have sort of melted a bit and smudged the inside of the cap. I don't even put them in direct sunlight or anything, the formula is so soft, that even keeping it inside your pocket will destroy it. So, I have to take this in my handbag (inside a ziplock bag if I'm using an expensive purse, for good measure) Also, the top of the tube is slanted, as well as the product. My experience with this so far has been that the product sort of slides and ends up with uneven slants. Again, not a big deal, but I don't like how messy it looks.

I'm all about lipstick, and among my beloved HE brands (Chanel, Lancome, YSL) I haven't found a red that I like as much as this one. I've even taken Cherry Tart to those counters to find a suitable dupe lol (I did say I was shameless about it...) all to no avail. So, I'll keep purchasing this messy tube of red goodness for a good long while.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked up Cherry Tart thinking that it'd be the perfect sheer red lipstick, but it's actually a bit too pigmented to be called "sheer." It has medium pigmentation that's very buildable. The shade I was hoping to get was a very sheer red that I can only achieve with this by lightly dabbing my lips with it, or layering on one thin layer, then dabbing with a tissue.
But nevertheless, it's a great wearable red with a lustrous finish and some shimmer, though the shimmer doesn't show up on the lips.
Like the other Lip Butters, it has a very smooth, creamy, hydrating formula that doesn't bleed or settle into lines. You do need to reapply after 3 hours (2 hours with eating and drinking), but I actually like reapplying lip products, so I don't mind.
Overall, great for $7. I only own a few shades, but I will definitely be buying more (as soon as my local drugstores get Sweet Tart and the new Pink Lemonade, Sorbet, and Wild Watermelon shades in stock...).
Would I repurchase? Not this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! This is a great lip product and has been my latest obsession. I love the formula, it is moisturizing like a gloss or a balm but does not feel waxy or sticky, nor does it travel off my lips. I love the shade Cherry Tart, very buildable yet it is not possible for me to overdo, it always looks good against my very pale skin and dark features. My other Lip Butters are quite loved as well, but not to the extent that I love this one. Peach Parfait is lovely, but gritty on the lips and perhaps a tad too sparkly. Okay, it is a glitterbomb, but I still quite enjoy it. Cotton Candy adds a nice hint of pink to my lips along with some sheen, it looks much like I am wearing a gloss, without the heavy gloppy feeling of one, plus the added perk of not have my hair get stuck in it due to wind. Rasperberry Pie is lovely, but super pigmented and I find I must use a light hand. Of all my Lip Butters, I would say Rasperberry Pie is more of a lip stick than Lip Butter, lovely when worn sheer, transvestite-vampire-like (rather than vampy) when worn with a full swipe on my lips. Cherry Tart however takes the proverbial cake in my books, my go to "I feel like a million bucks today and want to show it" lippy, which can also be worn lighter to convey a healthy innocent look, or thicker to convey a vampy look. Versatile and lovely, this has replaced my old favorites for the time being. I feel like Snow White when I wear this, I only hope I am not nearly as pathetic a character. Who happily shacks up with a handful of men and feels honored to clean up after them while talking to birds? Lady needs help.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've swatched this so many times and never bought it...until today. Oh man do I love this red. It's a total face brightening, teeth whitening beautiful color that would work for just about any coloring. It does lean pink but in a very good way. Going to stock up before this baby vanishes for good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so happy that Revlon's Lip Butters have such a wonderful color range at such a cheap price. Cherry Tart is a perfectly cherry red, if you layer it. It's very sheer, so you can build the pigmentation. It has a wonderful shimmer to it, and it's also incredibly moisturizing. I also own Revlon's Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, and the packaging on that was a disaster. The product rotated itself in the bullet, so now it's mangled. So far, I haven't had that experience with my Cherry Tart. I would really recommend this product for anyone who's interested in trying out a red lip without drawing too much attention to themselves.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am pale and pink-toned &, applied sparingly, this gives the same bright, rosy-red stain that one gets after having a red popsicle in my opinion.

Applied more liberally, I get a shemi-sheer, moderately glossy, bright blue-toned rosy-red lip (no shimmer or glitter that I can detect).

I only wish the Butters in general were MORE moisturizing. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Hezmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a new fan of the Lip Butters! I've been searching for a replacement for my beloved Clinique Bare Brilliance lipsticks which were discontinued a few years back. I'm fair/medium, warm/neutral with dark chestnut hair and olive green eyes and a few freckles. Lips are on the thinnish side and I need some definition and some color... nudes make my lips disappear, much as I love them on other people! However, I very much prefer a subtle wash of color to a fully pigmented lip. I want a tube, not a wand, and I hate gloppy glosses. I can do matte, but also like shine or shimmer depending on mood... as my lips are rather small, I sometimes like the "pop" a little shimmer gives. LOVED the Clinique Bare Brilliance for its sheer, moisture-without-glop wash of color and its shimmer, and when the salesladies tried to foist the Clinique Buttershines on me instead, I found absolutely none of the colors suitable for me. So I'm so happy to find a drugstore alternative with a similar formulation and a nice diverse library of colors. (bonus... pricey for drugstore but definitely less expensive than Clinique!). My HG lipstick was the Clinique Bare Brilliance Ruby Glass--a sheer pale warm-leaning red with a lot of shimmer. I also enjoyed Cherry Quartz--a sheer pale cooler red with shimmer (I am warm/neutral, so depending on the day's outfit can sometimes pull off a cooler shade if the undertone doesn't pull TOO blue). The Buttershines don't yet have a Ruby Glass equivalent but I find the Cherry Tart a great replacement for the old Clinique BB Cherry Quartz. If I do a light layer of Candy Apple from this line (a warm sheer matte red)) under the Cherry Tart, I come close to approximating the old Clinique Ruby Glass. I'll take it for now, as it's the closest I've come after a two-year search to finding a replacement. Formulation seems buildable and moisturizing, staying power decent, fragrance mild. I'm happy! I also own Pink Truffle which is a bit brown for me most days. After reading reviews I will probably purchase Red Velvet for nights out and Tutti Frutti for summer. Thanks, Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by emsthebeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love revlon lip butters but this colour really is something special. It is a nice wearable red with an underlying pink tone. I feel like with my fair skin I can wear this on any occasion. The product in general feels much more luxurious than something from the drugstore. Its perfect for the cold of winter since its so moisturizing. This is easy to apply as well and can stand alone without needing a lip balm or liner to pair it with. A staple in my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color! It's a bit pricey to me for drug store, but eh that wouldn't stop me from buying more shades. It gives a nice red tint. It's like having color on your lips but without the commitment of a lipstick. The packaging is great as you can see the color inside before you purchase. I'll be buying more!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love revlon lip butters in general and this is one of my favorite colors!! This product is very moisturizing and one thing that I really like about cherry tart is that it left a bit of a stain on my lips after the shine and moisture had gone away. Some people may not like this, but because I liked how the color looked on me, I loved it. The lip butters are a bit pricey and it does not come with THAT much product, but they are totally worth it. I will buy this one again.