Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Synthetic Wax, Polybutene, Isododecane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (Carmine)]

on 9/26/2013 3:12:00 PM

This is quite simply the best pencil liner I've ever used.I used to think that smudging under eyes was just part and parcel of pencil liners.Not with this one.This is waterproof so it shouldn't smudge and it doesn't. Also impressive as an upper lid liner. I usually use liquids on my upper eyes as pencils just disappear or are too hard too apply. You would think this was a liquid on upper eyes.It's soft so it glides on easily..And I don't even need to top up much if at all with this. Another first with pencils.Demolition is a lovely dark brown, no shimmer, no red tones.As for the sharpening issue that some seem to have a problem with, this is no worse or better than any eye pencil.I won't try another pencil liner ever again(I've tried loads anyway) as there's no need.This is HG for me!

This is a basic if you want an everyday classic look. I prefer a black liner but it is too much for everyday at work. Demolition is a deep brown and definitely not a black so seems the perfect compromise to me.

This pencils truly glides on and I do have some fine lines in the eye area and it works great on mature skin. The price is in line with prestige cosmetics but look around for multi sets - there is a set of three travel pencils with the demoltion color as one for 19 at u l t a and I believe s e p h o r a - the sets make it a tremendous buy as you can try out more than one shade.

I have repurchased this four times so it is a staple for me. It typically lasts my ten hour workdays but I have had days where it needed to be touched up. Urban Decay as a brand are highly pigmented and you rarely can go wrong with any of their products.

on 9/20/2013 9:41:00 PM

PROS: No shimmer, just a very dark brown. Black is much too harsh for me but I find that browns with any red in them can look really bad on me. No red tones with this one. You can smudge this just after application but after that it's going to stay put.

CONS: expensive. Soft, so you can't get a very precise line. I don't like the cap on these liners, but that's not a deal-breaker. Overall this is good for doing a quick eye, but only if you're going for a casual look (and not something requiring precision).

on 9/5/2013 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite brown eyeliner so far. I wear either black or brown everyday so I've tried many. This is dark enough to show up, glides easy, and last pretty good. The only downfall is the waterline. It only last a few hours and then I have to reapply. But smudging around the eye, it stays on all day. Would buy this again.

on 8/18/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My stylist told me about these eye pencils when we were trading product reviews. Luckily, she's even more of a product queen than I. I bought Demolition because the color is a matte, dark brown. Hard to find these days with all the sparkling going on. Looks good with green eyes. I feel like I've tried so many liners and they always disappoint. This one, so far, has been great. Good color, goes on beautifully, lasting power is not 24/7, but it's summer. So, we'll see during the fall and winter. Must recommend for those of you looking for a pigmented, easy to apply liner.

on 8/7/2013 3:01:00 PM

Looks very subtle on my green/blue eyes (I have pale skin). I tried to find a drugstore brown pencil eyeliner but couldn't...so I decided to splurge on that one. Make sure to apply at least 2 coats after the first one dried so that it lasts all day.Very soft.

on 7/16/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's hard to give this product such a low rating, because I'm torn both over its look and application, and the impact of its high price tag. I WANT Demolition to be a luxury liner, but I'll try to not let this cloud my judgement of the product. How would I see it if it were from a drug store?

Starting with the good:

The color is okay, although I find it to be more of a gray than a brown. It's subtle and forgiving, compared to a bold and error-prone deep black liner. As claimed in the pencil's name, it "glides on" and doesn't pull on my lids or leave them irritated. This I like. It's also very easy to remove, so I would say that it "glides off" as well, which is nice for someone with sensitive skin. I can actually take this off and apply a different liner without breaking skin! :D It also smudges well. Too well?

And the bad:

The lasting power is terrible. Try a couple hours until it has turned into a light gray smudge. It doesn't sharpen with a universal sharpener, which is one of my number one pet peeves about expensive liners. If we're paying so much in the first place, why make us shell out for a 10 dollar sharpener as well? Friggin' highway robbery.

It doesn't go on precisely, and if it did leave thinner than a crayon-sized line, it would probably be gone within the half hour.

If I paid a couple dollars or something for this product, I'd be pleased with how gentle it is. If someone offered one as a gift, I certainly wouldn't turn it away. It's also not the worst liner I've ever used, but would I recommend it? Nah, don't think so.

on 6/29/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

After forgoing pencil and liquid liners for so long (I use gel liner), I was pleasantly surprised in the pigmentation and lasting power of this liner. Didnt smudge or fade, looks beautiful and sharpens well.

on 6/26/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this color. I've tried all of UD's colors because I love them so much, and I ended up with Rockstar, Demolition, and Bourbon for life. These colors go so well with brown eyes. What can I say about UD's eyeliners that hasn't already been said? They're just the best. Highly pigmented, glide on smooth, stay rich for hours. Price and the fact that it can be slightly irritating to sensitive eyes are only cons.

on 5/17/2013 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this eyeliner! I am not good at using makeup but I use this every single day, I have pale skin and black would be to harsh for everyday so I use this instead... It looks exactly the same at the end of the day as it did in the beginning and I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products