August 31, 2014 | 1222 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 eyeliner in Demolition

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by gussersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My stylist told me about these eye pencils when we were trading product reviews. Luckily, she's even more of a product queen than I. I bought Demolition because the color is a matte, dark brown. Hard to find these days with all the sparkling going on. Looks good with green eyes. I feel like I've tried so many liners and they always disappoint. This one, so far, has been great. Good color, goes on beautifully, lasting power is not 24/7, but it's summer. So, we'll see during the fall and winter. Must recommend for those of you looking for a pigmented, easy to apply liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by littlemaki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looks very subtle on my green/blue eyes (I have pale skin). I tried to find a drugstore brown pencil eyeliner but couldn't...so I decided to splurge on that one. Make sure to apply at least 2 coats after the first one dried so that it lasts all day.Very soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's hard to give this product such a low rating, because I'm torn both over its look and application, and the impact of its high price tag. I WANT Demolition to be a luxury liner, but I'll try to not let this cloud my judgement of the product. How would I see it if it were from a drug store?

Starting with the good:

The color is okay, although I find it to be more of a gray than a brown. It's subtle and forgiving, compared to a bold and error-prone deep black liner. As claimed in the pencil's name, it "glides on" and doesn't pull on my lids or leave them irritated. This I like. It's also very easy to remove, so I would say that it "glides off" as well, which is nice for someone with sensitive skin. I can actually take this off and apply a different liner without breaking skin! :D It also smudges well. Too well?

And the bad:

The lasting power is terrible. Try a couple hours until it has turned into a light gray smudge. It doesn't sharpen with a universal sharpener, which is one of my number one pet peeves about expensive liners. If we're paying so much in the first place, why make us shell out for a 10 dollar sharpener as well? Friggin' highway robbery.

It doesn't go on precisely, and if it did leave thinner than a crayon-sized line, it would probably be gone within the half hour.

If I paid a couple dollars or something for this product, I'd be pleased with how gentle it is. If someone offered one as a gift, I certainly wouldn't turn it away. It's also not the worst liner I've ever used, but would I recommend it? Nah, don't think so.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After forgoing pencil and liquid liners for so long (I use gel liner), I was pleasantly surprised in the pigmentation and lasting power of this liner. Didnt smudge or fade, looks beautiful and sharpens well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I really love this color. I've tried all of UD's colors because I love them so much, and I ended up with Rockstar, Demolition, and Bourbon for life. These colors go so well with brown eyes. What can I say about UD's eyeliners that hasn't already been said? They're just the best. Highly pigmented, glide on smooth, stay rich for hours. Price and the fact that it can be slightly irritating to sensitive eyes are only cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by EmmarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyeliner! I am not good at using makeup but I use this every single day, I have pale skin and black would be to harsh for everyday so I use this instead... It looks exactly the same at the end of the day as it did in the beginning and I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This pencil made me fall in love with eyeliner pencils again. Normally I use cream liners, but sometimes I want the convenience of a pencil. Demolition is a great dark-brown matte shade, not too red or so dark that it looks black. It applies easily, stays in place until I take it off (and I need eyemakeup remover to get it off), and looks great. I also like the fact that the creaminess of the formula makes it easy to get very close to the lash so there's no telltale line between lashes and liner. This is my new go-to daily liner. And I like this one so well that I bought Mushroom and Despair. I'm looking forward to trying those, too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by NewFoundLuv4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is part of my everyday makeup routine. Because black liner is a little harsh, Demolition is the perfect alternative for us fairer skinned brunettes. It smudges easily, which depending on how you're wearing it could be good & bad, the color lasts all day, and the pencil lasts a pretty decent amount of time for the price. For me, it's great for quick & simple liner.. not great for creating cat eyes or doing anything fancy. I sharpen with the Urban Decay little purple sharpener (which by the way is great even for the $10 price). I definitely will continue to buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by brnidgrlx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is mediocre at best. It smudges when it applies and does not last very long before wearing off and looking even more smudged than when first applied. Definitely not a good choice for someone with oily lids. The pencil does not sharpen well, which defeats the purpose of having a pencil eyeliner, IMO. The one positive is that ithe 24.7 eyeliners come in a wide variety of colors, however I would not repurchase. .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this brown pencil but I don't think I'd buy it again... There's nothing that is making me love it so much to buy a 19 dollar eye liner again.. I may buy the Avon mega Impact one, I'm pretty sure it's about a third the price.