December 22, 2014 | 953 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm- with Kokum Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I decided to give Burt's Bees another try - hesitantly, of course - after watching someone I know apply this product diligently, with good results. I am normally skeptical of Burt's Bees lip balms, only because I find that beeswax-based balms don't work well for me. I was pleasantly surprised by this greasy, citronella-y version! This particular balm is much smoother and creamier in the tube than other BB balms, and it almost feels like it's melting on your lips. It gives my lips a nice shine, though it's not what I would call "glossy," and it actually seems to plump my lips a little. It almost looks like I'm wearing the perfect shade of lip gloss for my face. The balm does moisturize my lips, but it's no one-application miracle. However, there are some downsides: It feels runny on my lips and dries up fairly quickly. There are no added fragrances/flavors, but BB did little to disguise the naturally occurring scent/taste, which is kind of like a citronella mosquito-repelling candle. It feels weird if I rub my lips together and accidentally swallow the balm. And - sadly - it's just too soft and melty to keep in my pocket. Overall, I only took away one lipstick because I can live with the things I don't like about the product. For now, at least, the way it makes my lips look is a weightier consideration.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lanide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product made my lips fall off. Now you look at me and all you see are teeth, thank God I have pink gums!

In all seriousness though, heed my warning and the ones of those that told their tale before me, avoid this product like the plague. It will make your lips drier than the Sahara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why everyone has such an issue with this balm. If you look at the first few ingredients, it's not another formulation of their regular beeswax-based balm. It's a coconut oil-based product. Be smart and READ what's in your products before you complain that something feels oily.

I'm a huge fan of the entire Burt's Bees line and really like this product. I was looking for something a little more moisturizing than the regular balm, which is great in the summer but doesn't heal my chapped lips in the winter. This is just the product for that. Plus, it has a very nice scent and has a little bit of sheen. I use this and skip wearing lipstick or lipgloss so my chapped lips can heal. You can find this for a reasonable price at Walgreen's. I bought the two-pack.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping it would be even better than the Burt's bees mango or acai lip balms, because those were both pretty good,and considering that this one costs more and was labeled " ultra conditioning" I was pretty excited to try it. However I was incredibly disappointed. This stuff is the WORST. It consistently ended up making my lips more dry than they were before. Ugh. Terrible. If you're thinking of getting this,do yourself a favor and buy pretty much any other Burt's bees lip balm. Part of me wonders if they made this one so that you would have to buy their other lip balms to repair your lips afterwards. That's how terrible it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by jriley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I went to Walgreens with the intent of trying the Yes to Carrots lip balm. They didn't have it, but they did have a huge selection of Burt's Bees products. I'm not a big fan of Burt's Bees lip balms, but I didn't want some junk with petroleum in it either. This product caught my eye though and I thought that maybe I should give it a try. I bought it and my god I feel like I got ripped off hardcore. I can describe the feeling of buying this product like I bought a bag of chips that's full of air. I FEEL LIKE I BOUGHT A TUBE FULL OF AIR! Jesus I had to really squeeze hard to get any product out. And it wasn't even that great either. For $4.99, definitely not worth the money for a sub-par quality lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by cammy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never tried Burt Bees lip balm. I was looking for a natural lip balm that would help moisturize since I have dry lips. When I apply this, it feels like I am wiping a slick oil on my lips that never sinks in. My lips look extremely shiny, which would be fine if that is the look I was going for, but it never feels like my lips are soft and moisturized. I get better results with plain Vaseline or Carmex. Safe to say I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by aliciagray13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had never tried Burt's Bee's lip balms before and was very curious to try. I purchased this product based on the label "4 hour moisture" and "ultra conditioning" I thought for $7.00 that it sounded okay to me. I have dry lips and no matter what I try I can't seem to hydrate them for long, as this product was probably the WORST I have used even compared to cheap and tacky dollar lip balms from bargain bins. It feels like i'm sliding oil onto my lips and then it feels like i've just mixed oil and water together and it's sitting on my lips fighting to stay. It dissapears within 10 minutes and feels horrible after about 4 minutes. It's safe to say that as my first purchase from Burt's Bee i'll never ever buy anything from them again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rozalina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of my normal go-to, the original Burt's Bees lip balm, because I was drawn to the promise of an "ultra-conditioning" balm that promises 4 hours of moisturization. While this certainly applies like a rich lotion, it becomes EXTREMELY drying within minutes. My lips have been crazy dry for the three days that I've been using it and this morning they started bleeding! Stick to the original and the pomegranate oil balms. This one needs to be taken off the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by keleighelizabeth

Before buying this product my lips were pretty much fine- I just like having a chapstick around especially during the winter. I saw that this was "ultra conditioning" and figured it was the best, especially being by Burt's Bees.
However, since I began using this product, my lips have become dryer than ever, painfully cracked and unless the chapstick is actually on my lips, this awful feeling persists.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone- instead of conditioning, it destroys.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by thisisashley

I hadn't had much luck with regular Burt's Bees lip balm so I thought I'd give this a try. This was one of the worst lip balms I've ever tried. The balm was very thin. It lasted about five to ten minutes on my lips before wearing off. When it wore off, my lips were left dehydrated. Reapplying didn't help.
The only upside: The product was in a tube that was easy to carry around.
Overall, this lip balm didn't serve its purpose and was a waste of money.