Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm- with Kokum Butter

2.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

coconut oil, olive fruit oil, sunflower seed oil, sunflower seed wax, avocado oil, vegetable oil, beeswax, sclerocarya birrea seed oil, soybean glycerides, cocoa seed butter, garcinia indica seed butter*, shea butter, shea butter unsaponifiables, cymbopogon martini oil, orange oil, clary oil, tocopherol, balsam peru oil, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, anise fruit/seed oil, cananga odorata flower oil, soybean oil, citric acid, geraniol, linalool, benzyl benzoate. *Kokum Butter

on 5/21/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I will not buy this again. It dried my lips. Waste of money. I'll stick to my reliable, cheaper Neutrogena Norwegian formula. Enough said.

on 5/13/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Omg I saw this so of course, I had to get it. I had no idea(and still don't!) what Kokum Oil is but I got it anyways. I actually like the gritty feel, I feel like its scrubbing off the dry, chapped part of my lips. It lasts really long, I went hiking and it was great! I also like the smell, it smells like fruity loops ^^. It gives a nice shine and its not tinted like the acai berry and pomegranate oil ones.(I still like those though.). Those display a slightly sparkly, pink shine but this one it clear. Its great for a natural look. Not oily or greasy too! Definately my most fave Burt's Bee's lip balm EVER! I'm so buying it again.

Dries out my lips. I'm trying to use it up on my cuticles now. I think it's making my cuticles worse.

on 3/29/2013 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the worst Burt's Bees Lip Balm that I've used so far. It didn't moisturize my lips at all, and I really dislike the smell/taste. The texture was okay at first, somewhat greasy for a Burt's Bees Lip Balm, but over time I found that it became kind of gritty and unpleasant to wear. I also found myself having to reapply constantly because it was actually drying my lips out. It's also priced higher than the normal Burt's Bee's Lip Balms, which makes it even worse for how low quality it is.

on 3/15/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I decided to give Burt's Bees another try - hesitantly, of course - after watching someone I know apply this product diligently, with good results. I am normally skeptical of Burt's Bees lip balms, only because I find that beeswax-based balms don't work well for me. I was pleasantly surprised by this greasy, citronella-y version! This particular balm is much smoother and creamier in the tube than other BB balms, and it almost feels like it's melting on your lips. It gives my lips a nice shine, though it's not what I would call "glossy," and it actually seems to plump my lips a little. It almost looks like I'm wearing the perfect shade of lip gloss for my face. The balm does moisturize my lips, but it's no one-application miracle. However, there are some downsides: It feels runny on my lips and dries up fairly quickly. There are no added fragrances/flavors, but BB did little to disguise the naturally occurring scent/taste, which is kind of like a citronella mosquito-repelling candle. It feels weird if I rub my lips together and accidentally swallow the balm. And - sadly - it's just too soft and melty to keep in my pocket. Overall, I only took away one lipstick because I can live with the things I don't like about the product. For now, at least, the way it makes my lips look is a weightier consideration.

on 3/12/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product made my lips fall off. Now you look at me and all you see are teeth, thank God I have pink gums!

In all seriousness though, heed my warning and the ones of those that told their tale before me, avoid this product like the plague. It will make your lips drier than the Sahara.

on 3/6/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not sure why everyone has such an issue with this balm. If you look at the first few ingredients, it's not another formulation of their regular beeswax-based balm. It's a coconut oil-based product. Be smart and READ what's in your products before you complain that something feels oily.

I'm a huge fan of the entire Burt's Bees line and really like this product. I was looking for something a little more moisturizing than the regular balm, which is great in the summer but doesn't heal my chapped lips in the winter. This is just the product for that. Plus, it has a very nice scent and has a little bit of sheen. I use this and skip wearing lipstick or lipgloss so my chapped lips can heal. You can find this for a reasonable price at Walgreen's. I bought the two-pack.

on 2/23/2013 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this hoping it would be even better than the Burt's bees mango or acai lip balms, because those were both pretty good,and considering that this one costs more and was labeled " ultra conditioning" I was pretty excited to try it. However I was incredibly disappointed. This stuff is the WORST. It consistently ended up making my lips more dry than they were before. Ugh. Terrible. If you're thinking of getting this,do yourself a favor and buy pretty much any other Burt's bees lip balm. Part of me wonders if they made this one so that you would have to buy their other lip balms to repair your lips afterwards. That's how terrible it is.

on 2/21/2013 12:58:00 AM

So I went to Walgreens with the intent of trying the Yes to Carrots lip balm. They didn't have it, but they did have a huge selection of Burt's Bees products. I'm not a big fan of Burt's Bees lip balms, but I didn't want some junk with petroleum in it either. This product caught my eye though and I thought that maybe I should give it a try. I bought it and my god I feel like I got ripped off hardcore. I can describe the feeling of buying this product like I bought a bag of chips that's full of air. I FEEL LIKE I BOUGHT A TUBE FULL OF AIR! Jesus I had to really squeeze hard to get any product out. And it wasn't even that great either. For $4.99, definitely not worth the money for a sub-par quality lip balm.

on 2/20/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have never tried Burt Bees lip balm. I was looking for a natural lip balm that would help moisturize since I have dry lips. When I apply this, it feels like I am wiping a slick oil on my lips that never sinks in. My lips look extremely shiny, which would be fine if that is the look I was going for, but it never feels like my lips are soft and moisturized. I get better results with plain Vaseline or Carmex. Safe to say I will not be repurchasing.