Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

I have about 5 of these. Sugar Plum, Lollipop,Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, Raspberry Pie.

I love them all! Moisturizing, great colour and I think they have pretty good staying power. I personally think they are quite pigmented, especially the bright and deep colours. I never wore bright colours until i purchased these babies! Raspberry Pie, is such a wearable berry red, Sugar Plum and Pink Truffle are MLBB, Berry Smoothie is such a fun everyday peachy/pink, and Lollipop is bam wow!

They go on so easily and the dark colours leave a nice stain on your lips. I live in Australia, and Revlon is pricey here, but you can get them at Chemist Warehouse and the Cosmetic Shop and even priceline when its on sale for $10 each.

Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own 5 different shades from pink - pinks, berries and clear red (I believe it's "candy apple").

Are you pale and dark haired? Around 40? Here you go.

I understand that some ladies don't like this formula because it's a considered sheer, but I have reached that special age where I can no longer effectively pull off frosty lipsticks or truly matte lipsticks. They make me look much older than i am. I cant pull off darker tones of berries (it accentuates the blue hollows of my eyes), or clear reds (clear reds look stunning on younger gals, or older ladies...older than me). Creamy lipsticks in generally muted neutrals are ok, but they can look kind of lifeless without gloss, which kills the longevity and I end up just using gloss all day and skipping the lipstick after the first application. On top of that, I love to accentuate my eyes, and when I pair that with a "too much" lipstick, I feel that I may be pushing the "trying to hard to look young and hip", what what I want is either a couple years younger, or what would be best, IMO, is "looks damn fantastic for her age".

These lip butters are the answer to all my problems. They are creamy, buttery, just-enough - colour and shine to not take over your face, but give that colour pop that polishes off your look.

They keep your lips very smooth and hydrated, and I want to say like a blistex or chapstick soft, but please don't let that turn you off. They aren't just tinted, they really do have just the right amount of colour and gloss to make them perfect. Some call it sheer, but I say I shine through the lip butter and people notice me, not my lips. Which is what I want. I also don't think it's all that sheer, and can be layered quite nicely for greater colour.

I have had no problems with bleeding or feathering, with any of the colours.

Packaging is pretty, but every now and then I have gotten one where the cap sticks a bit. Not a deal killer but just so you know. Generally they are great.

So now the bad. While there are lots of colours, I do find the selection somewhat limited. But I found five, so hey, it not all that bad.

Longevity is exactly what everyone says it is. Kind of short, but I'm willing to accept that as a trade off for the look and the formula. With the exception of the red, I have applied these an the fly, without a mirror, and it is fine. I wouldn't layer it without a mirror, but for a quickie touch up, I've had no problems with it. Also, I find that you can easily tell when a touch up is needed by the feel of the product. It will still feel soft, but not quite the same (if that makes sense). You can just tell. At that point, I still have a bit of colour on my lips. So I just reapply. I don't mind. I just do it for the five seconds it takes, and keep going. Mirror not necessarily necessary!

I love these. I will buy them forever, or until they screw them up (it looking at you new formula colorstay developers).

I have this lipstick in a few different colours, but my favourite is the Wild Watermelon colour. It does look pretty "wild' but it goes on it a much more toned down way. Pretty sheer, which is a downside for me, but feels good on. Doesn't feel drying at all. I wear this lipstick when I'm going for a less punchy lipstick look but still want colour. It is cheap enough that I can afford to experiment with different colours, and if I lose it I won't cry.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love these moisturizing lip butters. I have finished two tubes of this product in Cotton Candy and Sugar Frosting. To me, they are like very pigmented lip balms. Right now, they are on sale for $4CDN and I bought 6 tubes of various shades just in time for the colder weather. These are going to be my glossy lip balms for the Autumn and Winter. Another great thing about these lippies is that there is a shade for every complexion. And, I find them to be a very suitable (and more economical) replacement for Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick. Unfortunately, Revlon has now discontinued the shade Fig Jam which was a lovely deep chocolate with slight red undertones. Sadly, Revlon has a knack for discontinuing lip shades that are perfect for WOC.

My first experience with these was when I knew nothing about makeup in general, or my own preferences, and gravitated towards Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Raspberry Pie, Wild Watermelon and Sweet Tart. I gave them *all* away....

Basically, I wasn't ready for moisturising lip colours. I like my reds matte, with maybe a bit of moisture. I need a red to stay put, and these move around a lot, and my lips just look downright odd when very shiny. I have never liked lip gloss for that same reason, what was I expecting from these? They are pigmented lip balms, essentially.

Then I tried my Mums Pink Truffle. Woo. Okay, I get the hype. I just jumped on pinky mauvy brownie nude bandwagon and have been asking my wise WOC Mum which ones are good, since she's been rocking those MLBB-for-darker-colouring shades for years. It's so good I went to Priceline (Australian drugstore) to buy Pink Truffle and swatch the clearly superior nude-ish shades, the plum one, the fig one etc. Boo. They've been discontinued in Australia. Which is ridiculous because everyone and their grandma has at least one of these and Aussie girls rave about them. Price was okay while they were around, everything is marked up in Aus, but Revlon is frequently on special so you could pick up a few for cheaper.

Still giving this 4 stars because the formula is great, just not for me for the darker shades, and because I feel awful about living under a rock while these inexplicably got discontinued in my country.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Holy Grain Lip Colour!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this product. It is AMAZING! It goes on smooth, it stays on smooth. It has wonderful colour pay off and it actually appears to plump my tiny lips in a big way. I am incredibly surprised and super impressed by this product. I see absolutely no cons, except for maybe that I am running out and need to buy more. As in, tomorrow. Try it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this lip butter in the shade Candy Apple, which is a nice bright red colour. It was a total impulse purchase based almost entirely on how many beauty YouTubers I had heard ranting and raving about it. It's definitely a good product, but due to personal tastes I can't see myself running to the store to buy more. The colour is gorgeous and can be built up from a sheer colour to something much more bright and vivid, and I like the shine and hydration it gives my lips. But it's definitely not a long-lasting product; by the time two or three hours have passed, it's completely gone, especially if I've been eating or drinking. I like something that's a little more long-lasting. And while the packaging is cute, it almost seems like the tube is just a tad too small for the product itself, because whenever I retract the product back into the tube, some of it collects at the top of the tube and just makes a bit of a mess.
So, like I said, I do like this product, I will use it until it's gone, but probably won't repurchase after that just because I want more long-lasting lip colours. But if you like something more glossy and sheer, then you will definitely like this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Last year I bought this in Gum Drop at Big Lots, which was probably a bad idea because of how many discontinued makeup items they sell (you fall in love with something and then you can never find it again). I really liked this shade. It's a cute, light lavender that isn't crazy enough to divert attention, but unusual enough to turn a few heads. I bought this along with Cherry Tart, a bright red that gives me a healthy MLBB look. I bought them at about $2-3 each. I like the formula, creamy and buttery, but the lip butters themselves aren't extremely pigmented. Good for a light look, which I like on days when I'm not in the mood for my usual dark, goth makeup, or when I just feel like I need something on my lips. Lasting power is kinda meh, but then again, these weren't made to last all day, they were made to be smooth, buttery glosses. I will say, however, that the packaging is absolutely precious! It's probably my favorite packaging that I have ever seen on a lip product. It makes me feel like royalty whenever I take that textured cap off. To whomever came up with that design at Revlon, you're a marketing genius. Over all, these are nice products. I probably wouldn't buy them at full price, but if I see any more discontinued shades at discount stores like Big Lots, I won't hesitate to pick them up!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Meh. Not bad but not something I like.

Packaging: Nice and pretty. Very pleased with it. The color is easy to see and tell which one is which and it functions perfectly.

Formula: Not sure how I feel about this. Actually, I do know that i'm not a fan of it. It's smooth and creamy, but too creamy. it's slips around on the lips, doesn't stay in place, bleeds, and feathers. Although it has a nice glossy finish.

Longevity: Blah. About 30 minutes to an hour. Not my cup of tea.

Scent: A slight vanilla scent. Appealing, but not overwhelming.

I have the shades, Juicy Papaya, Sweettart, Gumdrop, and I used to own Creamsicle. They are all pigmented and easy to apply. I just don't reach for them.

Juicy Papaya is my favorite. It's a gorgeous everyday peachy nude. Not too nude, not too peach, not too bright, not too light, right in the middle.
Sweettart is a bright fuchsia. This color would suit many skin tones and would work for any occasion. Very nice.
Gumdrop is a lavender. Straight up lilac, lavender. It has mirco shimmers in it as well. I honestly don't know when I'd wear this color out haha. Very light and white based.
Creramsicle is a light nude. Almost concealer-like with a gloss. I love it and I don't know how I misplaced it. Anyway, beautiful color.

I'm not buying anymore because of the too creamy, not long lasting formula. Other than that, these are good products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have this in the shade berry smoothie and I love it. It's a neutral pink color easy for every day wear. I also have pink truffle which is darker but still in a similar shade range as berry smoothie. The only weird difference I've noticed between the two shades is that berry smoothie contains visible glitter in the tube(not as much on the lips) whereas pink truffle does not. The formula is very light on the lips and not too heavy, which I like. However, they only last a couple of hours without eating or drinking. The packaging is very high end looking, which may be somewhat reflected in the price. It's about $7 but there's always deals at CVS.

Video Reviews & Tutorials