October 25, 2014 | 934 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this first in Strawberry Shortcake but I wasn't too sure about the color. I then purchased Creme Brulee and Pink Truffle. Creme Brulee has become my favorite for every day, it is a sheer nude color and very smooth and moisturizing and "buttery" as the name implies. Pink truffle was a bit too dark for me as I have fair skin and it was darker than my natural lip color. I have started to wear Strawberry Shortcake now and it isn't too bright, just a nice soft pink for daytime. None of the colors I purchased have shimmer or glitter in them, but several of the other shades do which is why I only have three colors so far. I like that these lipsticks are so moisturizing and don't dry out your lips or make them flaky like most lipsticks do. The color are not too pigmented or intense they are just a sort of sheer but lightly buildable color (the shades I have purchased would not make an intense color if you layered them) and the texture sort of keeps them from being built up to an intense color level. They smell great, like vanilla or some kind of dessert which is nice. I recommend this lipstick for anyone looking for an everyday lip color that may be a bit shy of super-intense pigments on their lips, and anyone who likes a truly moisturizing lipstick that still offers some color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I feel guilty that I have never written a review for this, my HG lip butter. I've been wearing it for at least 3 (probably more) years, and it is my favorite everyday lip balm/stick, bar none.

I have owned this in a bunch of colors. My favorites are fig jam, berry smoothie and pink truffle. (Me: medium complexion, auburn hair.) In general, these colors are very flexible -- on the sheer side but definitely there. The effect is a wash of color with natural shine. Great for a no/low makeup look, which is my everyday go-to look. Does not "travel" out of your natural lip line, even without a liner. I've used this as a blush, in a pinch. It's a great multi-tasker to have in your vacation MU bag. At night I layer this over a stain. Costs about $6.50 a pop, less if you wait for sales . . .

I'm trying to think of something negative to say here . . . hmm . . . this lipstick does not do my dishes or take out the trash. (Note to Revlon: I would definitely pay extra for that.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sydneysz

These lipsticks are creamy, moisturizing, and the colour can be applied sheer or to fully colour your lips. All of the shades have a slight shimmer, with exceptions such as Peach Parfait which has beautiful and more visible gold shimmers that brighten up your entire complexion.

The range of shades are quite good, my favourites being Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait. For me, these are both MLBBs (my-lips-but-better). The nude shades don't work well with my yellow undertones.

Besides the moisture and creamy texture, I love the way the colours fade. It's unusual, but as the product lightens and the shimmers fade it also looks very pretty! It's more natural, leaving very nice tints on your lips (especially Berry Smoothie in my case).

I only have two minor gripes: the first is that the cap can be a little tricky to remove, but that's because the packaging is sturdy. The second one is that the lipsticks are so creamy that it smudges on the rim of the tube. These are very minor packaging issues that don't take away at all from the quality of these products.

I'm very particular about lipsticks when it comes to texture, moisture, shimmer, taste, and lasting power. These Lip Butters have scored in all these categories, so definitely try them out!

Note: keep checking drugstores for sales to stock up. I've bought them for as little as $4 CAD, and at Target they retail for $8.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite lipstick line of all time! They're inexpensive, long-wearing, very pigmented color payoff, adorable packaging (and names) and highly moisturizing. Also doesn't fade off in patches. I own several of these in many shades: Lollipop, Berry Smoothie, Raspberry Pie, Cotton Candy, Peach Parfait, Sugar Frost, Cupcake, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, just to name a few... My favorites are Cotton Candy (for everyday wear) and Berry Smoothie for a dressier look. Will repurchase as long as they continue to be manufactured! Love love love!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by BeccaBxo

Tgese arent as amazing as everyone says they are. they are something like 12$ per tube. (i bought them on sale for 4$) maybe its the broke college student in me saying this, but 12$ seems a lot for a drug store lip gloss. the proce aside, the product its self is good, not great. the nude colour (095, Creme Brule) is pretty and shiney, slightly too brown for me, but for the most part is a pretty nude. the red colour (Candy Apple) leaves a dewy true red on my lips, but smudges a little. over all id only repurchase is it went on sale again. its an over hyped, slightly above average product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by CupcakeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Best drugstore lipstick. Super creamy, colorful, tasty, and luxurious. So glad I read the reviews and gave it a try. I have three colors: pink lemonade, juicy papaya, and pink truffle. My favorite is juicy papaya for summer, pink truffle for MLBB (I'm blonde, NC15), and pink lemonade for a feminine, sweet, young look. Cheers revlon! I'm not a huge connoisseur of other products but these are great. Way better than 'the balm' by loreal. I even like them better than Fresh's sugar lip balm which is much more expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by danidanidani0

I looove this product! it lasts very well (of course until you eat or wipe your mouth) for a tinted lip balm type thing. if your meal doesnt disrupt the color, it wears off after quite a while and leaves a really nice stain, all the while slightly moisturising at the same time. its quite thin and lightweight and goes on sheer but you can build up the color to be almost opaque. this is great for any occasion and lives up to everything it claims to. would 100% recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by jphung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have this in three shades. It gives my lips moisture and it looks good all day. The only downside is that it doesn't stay. Once you have a meal and wipe your lips, the color is pretty much gone but I don't mind reapply it. Great price for a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lalas17

I absolutely adore these! They are so moisturizing and definitely buttery and creamy. They last a long time and are not as pigmented as a lipstick but are really nice for a less full on look. The packaging is super cute as well. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't wear a lot of makeup. I'm usually just an eyeliner & mascara kind of girl. However, after discovering Revlon lip butter, I'm addicted to it! It goes on so smooth, more like a buttery chapstick. The colors are sheer enough that your lips still look natural, but with a nice pop of color. I have purchased 4 shades, and fell in love with 3 of them. (The 4th just didn't match my skin tone.) Some of the colors are more saturated then others. They are not "longwear" by any means. Whichever shade I choose for the day, I throw it in my purse and just reapply when needed. I love it!