April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Sirfluffingston

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First time trying this shampoo/conditioner duo. My hair is over processed and baby fine with more than an inch of new growth, so when I can run a comb through my hair right out of the shower then it definitely deserves 5 stars. My hair felt soft and lightweight, plus the brassiness diminished slightly with one wash and my natural colour (dirty blonde) looked lighter and glossy. Bonus!
Since seeing all the reviews about it being overly drying I may only use it once a week, like a clarifying shampoo.
Although in the end its hard to justify spending $12.99 for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by stellbell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo tends to leave the ends of my long hair dry even if I use a good conditioner. It's hard to tell whether it brings out highlights; if it does, it's very subtle. I have repurchased this in the past but have noticed it tends to dry out my hair, so I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Made my hair feel soft and brightened my hair up. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by sas328

I love this shampoo! I have naturally light brown hair which I have highlighted. I was using Pantene for a few weeks after getting highlights and noticed that it seriously dulled my highlights. So I found this John Frieda highlight enhancing shampoo and decided to try it. Seriously after a shower or two my highlights were bright again and I got so many compliments!
Now that I always have highlights this is definitely my go-to shampoo. Especially if my highlights are feeling a little dull. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ll22

I bought this on sale at CVS just to try it. I normally have light brown hair with natural highlights that I add a few blonde highlights to a few times a year. During the summer months, I don't highlight my hair because the sun tends to bleach it out, but I wanted to try this shampoo to boost some of the blonde in my hair and hopefully to remove some of its brassiness. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. Overall, it removed a good chunk of the brassiness in one wash, and it enhanced the blonde highlights in my hair. I hope to see continual results with it the more I use it. I would like to use it every other wash to prevent it from becoming too blonde.

UPDATE: I have used this product about five times now, and can definitely notice a difference in the color. A few people have even asked me if I dyed my hair lighter, so the product is definitely working.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hair was much lighter and very moisturised af.ter use. Wasn't incredible but did a good job for the money

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Ayriel123

I'm a natural blonde but wanted to dye it brown. HUGE MISTAKE!!! I've been spending the past week getting back to blonde and the hair color remover left my hair this horrible orange color so i dyed it a dark blonde but it was really brassy. I was at Walmart and saw this product and decided to give it a try hoping it would tone down the brassiness even though it's a little expensive it's not too badly priced. I used it for the first time this morning and it worked way better than i expected especially on dyed hair. I can't wait to see how my hair looks after a couple more uses

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jen93

I really like this shampoo. It smells really nice, kindof like honey. It does actually contain honey. It feels really nice to put on and you only need a small amount. I have really thick hair and I normally have to use alot of shampoo but I didnt with this one. The conditioner made my hair really silky too. I would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Catronw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switch on and off between the highlighting formula and the all over lightening shampoo and both of these are GREAT. I used to have very light blonde hair as a child but as i grew older my hair became that unbecoming mousy brown/gray color that lightens in summer. Well I seriously wanted my blonde hair back again so i tried all those natural home treatments (lemon juice etc) with limited results. Then I found the John Frieda blonde line and now i LOVE my hair! As i was reading some of these resluts people were complaining that it changed their hair color. Yes. It does. Its supposed to. It does not "deposit" color but it lightens your hair to a lighter shade of blonde then what you had. And it is a happy golden blonde color, atleast for me. It isnt like platinum or anything. I *highly* suggest buying the spray stufff from this line that you spray on wet hair and then blow dry. Works like magic! i use that and then switch on and off between the two different blonde shampoos and i get a coveted silky smooth blonde hair that looks very natural! Sorry that im getting a bit off topic here! :p but yes, this is different from the all over blonde because it only highlights strips of your hair, its very good and as the bottle boasts, i really can see a difference in one use! Definitly use the shampoo and the conditioner together and for best results buy the spray blonder stuff, though its kind fo expensive its totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by adkinsjr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am currently using John Frieda's Root Awakening line; however I used the Sheer Blond line for years without any issues. It is hard to speak to the highlighting properties, as I used it consistently for years; however my hair was soft and managable while using it, and I never had any of the issues other have noted with my hair being overly lightened, or feeling stripped. This shampoo is only meant to enhance your current color, and not actually make changes to it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to others and will likely purchase again in the future if I get tired of the Root Awakening line.