February 27, 2015 | 1824 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my hair: fine, average thickness bordering on thin. dyed for years resulting in damaged, dry, frizzy hair. then switched to henna for ~2 years, and as of about 3 months ago I have stopped all coloring. It's straight but not stick straight. In other words, 1b/1c, F/M, ii.
i usually use Loreal Professionnel Silver shampoo (this: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=78717/Loreal_Professionnel_Silver_shampoo/LOreal/Shampoo), and love it, but its a bit expensive for me, at ~$15, so I'm looking for something cheaper to alternate washes with. The L'Oreal has dimethicone as the 2nd ingredient, which really make smy hair shiny, soft, and less tangly.

price: just over $5 at walmart, after tax
packaging: i like the tube packaging b/c it means i dont have to ballance a bottle upside down to get all the product out at the end.
smell: good, but not great. definitely not too strong at all. i barely smell anything afte my hair's been rinsed, and after its dried there's no smell
lather: very good lather!
result: to be fair i used this with no conditioner, as i do all of my shampoos. i believe if a shampoo's doing what it should i shouldn't need a conditioner every time! after only 1 use this left my roots less brassy for sure, but also considerably more dry, and not as shiny as my uaual shampoo. I admit i was surprised that this reduces brassiness, as it's not purple or blue colored.

Verdict: would not buy again. in fact, returned it today and picked up L'Oreal - Hyaluronic Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo to try. Not many reviews here yet, but has all good reviews so far! (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=158500/Hyaluronic_Power_Moisture_Hydrating_Shampoo/LOreal/Shampoo)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Earlier this year, I went from virgin black hair to blonde highlights. I was looking for a good blonde shampoo that would keep my highlights vibrant and not brassy.

I went to Target and picked up the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating shampoo and conditioner. I didn't notice how dry my hair was until many washes after. No matter how much conditioner I used, my hair was still as dry as straw.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Sirfluffingston

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First time trying this shampoo/conditioner duo. My hair is over processed and baby fine with more than an inch of new growth, so when I can run a comb through my hair right out of the shower then it definitely deserves 5 stars. My hair felt soft and lightweight, plus the brassiness diminished slightly with one wash and my natural colour (dirty blonde) looked lighter and glossy. Bonus!
Since seeing all the reviews about it being overly drying I may only use it once a week, like a clarifying shampoo.
Although in the end its hard to justify spending $12.99 for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by stellbell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo tends to leave the ends of my long hair dry even if I use a good conditioner. It's hard to tell whether it brings out highlights; if it does, it's very subtle. I have repurchased this in the past but have noticed it tends to dry out my hair, so I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Made my hair feel soft and brightened my hair up. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by sas328

I love this shampoo! I have naturally light brown hair which I have highlighted. I was using Pantene for a few weeks after getting highlights and noticed that it seriously dulled my highlights. So I found this John Frieda highlight enhancing shampoo and decided to try it. Seriously after a shower or two my highlights were bright again and I got so many compliments!
Now that I always have highlights this is definitely my go-to shampoo. Especially if my highlights are feeling a little dull. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ll22

I bought this on sale at CVS just to try it. I normally have light brown hair with natural highlights that I add a few blonde highlights to a few times a year. During the summer months, I don't highlight my hair because the sun tends to bleach it out, but I wanted to try this shampoo to boost some of the blonde in my hair and hopefully to remove some of its brassiness. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. Overall, it removed a good chunk of the brassiness in one wash, and it enhanced the blonde highlights in my hair. I hope to see continual results with it the more I use it. I would like to use it every other wash to prevent it from becoming too blonde.

UPDATE: I have used this product about five times now, and can definitely notice a difference in the color. A few people have even asked me if I dyed my hair lighter, so the product is definitely working.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hair was much lighter and very moisturised af.ter use. Wasn't incredible but did a good job for the money

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Ayriel123

I'm a natural blonde but wanted to dye it brown. HUGE MISTAKE!!! I've been spending the past week getting back to blonde and the hair color remover left my hair this horrible orange color so i dyed it a dark blonde but it was really brassy. I was at Walmart and saw this product and decided to give it a try hoping it would tone down the brassiness even though it's a little expensive it's not too badly priced. I used it for the first time this morning and it worked way better than i expected especially on dyed hair. I can't wait to see how my hair looks after a couple more uses

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jen93

I really like this shampoo. It smells really nice, kindof like honey. It does actually contain honey. It feels really nice to put on and you only need a small amount. I have really thick hair and I normally have to use alot of shampoo but I didnt with this one. The conditioner made my hair really silky too. I would recommend it.