October 25, 2014 | 1744 users online

Eye Shadow - Essence - Stay All Day Glammy Goes To

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

I have been buying essence for the past 4 years now and i have never seen a product this good, i have alot of essence products that i like but this one is the only one i have seen that stayed true to what it said on the packaging. It lasts all day, its metallic which i use as a base and it dosent crease at all. The only down fall to it is that the twist off is a little cheap than usual. But i still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by halfbakedjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i picked this up after eyeing up for a while, and i have to say it looked well , swatched well and the packaging was nice as it held alot of product. if you have dry skin STAY AWAY! this will flake and crese on your eyelids and make you look like you have some disease. i have quite oily eyelids and it still creases on me! such a shame for such a nice colour but if your looking for a good eyeshadow base or an alround colour i would recommend the mac paint pot in "painterly"or "bare study" for the more pale girls out there, or for a 2minuet make up fix apply "indianwood" all over lid, the mattalic bronze colour is eyecatching and easy to style. for around 16-18 euro it is pricey but a little goes a long way. as for the essance stay all day creme eyeshadow, the only place for this is the bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

After reading so many reviews I picked this up - was super excited to try it but I have to say, I absolutely hate it. The product is so dry, and though after swiping it you can pick up some product quite easily, when placing on the eyelid it creases extremely easily and looks like a glittery mess - completely ages the eye and looks messy and unprofessional. This is coming from someone who actually likes glittery/shimmery eyeshadows!

Could not in all honesty recommend this product to anyone, unless you really want to try it and are attracted by the price (which is amazing, only $5.50-$5.95 AUD? Can't remember exactly). Was initially going to get 3 or 4 colours - SO GLAD I DIDN'T!! Such a waste of money I want to chuck it out but I've only used it a couple of times - each time the same thing happens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the BEST eye shadow SHADE i own, besides the fact also one of the best quality ones out there. Completely crease free, idiot proof color. An everyday golden taupe with a metallic finish; falls into the natural champagne colors I adore minus the silvery sheer tones that just let my dark eyelids peek through on bare skin or change colors with a good base/primer underneath. I'm so impressed with this fancy round glass (Benefit like) jar that has a very densely packed pigment inside.At first I thought it was dried out or would be hard to blend but one finger dip in and it melts in. Love this stuff, more than Stila kitten, MAC pearl and new Mayebelline color tattoos. The color is soo different and soo right, exactlly what I was always looking for. O yea its dirst cheap: $2.99 at ULTA for 0.19 oz (more than your average concealer!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ItsSarahJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore these essence eyeshadows!
I have all 6 shades, and Glammy goes to is my favourite. I tend to wear it as a base under my eyeshadow to make the colour pop and last longer.
It also looks lovely on it's own.
& of course, for the price, who can resist!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by preciousthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im becoming a huge fan of essence products.
This is my first buy of this eyeshadow creme, and it wont be the last. Now i want all the colours.
Its so easy to apply, i find it easier to dab it on than wipe it over my lids.
The colour is gorgeous on my fair skin, and really opes up my somethimes droopy eyes.
It stays all day without creasing, and i must say, with the price of $3.95 AD, its laughable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the colour, a medium metallic champagne shade with gold and silver shimmer. After experimenting with this cream shadow for the past few months I know I won't repurchase and doubt I'll use it up. The colour and the price point are definitely pros. The cons for me are; streaky application, difficulty with blending, and it creases within a few hours even paired with a primer and eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never found an eyeshadow that doesn't crease (including Maybelline Eye Tattoo, which creased heavily) until this one. I use it as a base for nearly all my shadows as it's shiny but not dark. It makes my powder shadow on top of it last all day with no creasing. Awesome product for a super cheap price!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

The most amazing golden taupey champagne colour ever made!
Price: $4.47 CAD
Colour: light taupey golden champagne
Finish: super shiny metallic frost
Pigmentation: full
Texture: smooth; dry
A nice colour for the summer because it's so darn shiny and looks gorgeous for all eye colours

*UPDATE*
This kinda burns the skin on my eyelids. Too bad.....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by naedyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging: This cream eye-shadow comes in a pot with a lid that is not flat like normal lids but has a dome protrusion. First off, I prefer cream shadows to be in the form of a stick or roll-up pencils (like lip balms, Clinique Chubby Sticks), but that may cause premature drying. I dislike the dome lid because I prefer to keep my cream eye-shadows upside down and it rolls about a lot because of the dome-shape. :(

Consistency: When I bought it, it had dried down a little bit, but was still creamy when rubbed. It's not a soufflé or whipped feel however, but the feel of something like Burt's Bees balm. I live in a hot climate and it wasn't all mushy, which is a bit of a plus. Also, the hardness prevents you from taking too much at one go. This dries down fairly quickly, so pat away as fast as you can!

Colour: There's not that much to say about the colour. I disagree with the previous reviewers - this colour is a medium champagne, or a light, warm taupe. This is the kind of colour most of us love to put on the main part of our eyelids, when going for a natural look. It probably looks gold because most of the other colours sold by Essence are various shades of steely greys, and it looks more golden against them. (Essence does have a gold cream eye-shadow though, released under their Circus Circus collection, called 'It's Magic!'. That one is a true, yellowy gold.) 'Glammy Goes To...' is the one that looks the most natural on numerous skintones, and has silvery shimmer in it. It looks cooler and lighter than their 'Coppy-Right' shade, which is a warm shimmery copper. Depending on your skin-tone you can choose whichever one you prefer.

Longevity: I wore this with no powder setting it, but with a dark brown eye-shadow in my crease. This lasted from early afternoon to midnight for me, which is about 11 hours, in hot and sweaty Singapore. Not only that, it battled my oily lids. Ashamedly, I slept in the make-up out of exhaustion and noticed average creasing only the morning after. It was not too difficult to remove, although it left straggling micro shimmer particles in its wake.

Cost: This cost SGD$6 in Singapore (available at selected Watson's Drug-stores), and there is no other product like it at our drug-stores to compare it to. It's a definite winner and I will repurchase when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No