September 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - sensitive daily moisturizing cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. This moisturizer didn't irritate my skin, but it wasn't moisturizing enough. I wanted to like this cream because the ingredients are good, so I'm sorry it wasn't a match.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this moisturiser at first, because it moisturised my sensitive skin. Halfway through my second bottle, I realised that it wasn't really doing its job anymore... For some reason my skin will not absorb it. I still have half a bottle left so I'm going to keep using it, but once its finished I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good moisturiser, definitely suitable for my combination sensitive, acne and eczema prone skin. It moisturises decently, though it is not strong enough to alleviate the little dry eczema patches on my skin. It doesn't irritate my skin, but sometimes I feel like it clogs my pores a little, because sometimes I notice little whiteheads at the end of the day. But then again, so far I havent found a decent day mosituriser that does it all for me, so this is good. It has a very faint, nice pleasant scent, and sinks in to the skin quite well too.

I bought this product when my eczema was at its peak, and battling really really dry skin that was constantly red and irritated. The more I used it, the more I could feel my skin calming down, and after a few weeks (maybe slightly more than a month?), my skin completely calmed down. It may sound like a long time to wait, but my skin was pretty terrible back then.

However, it's been a year since then, and now my skin has become more oily/combination skin with small dry patches, and this mosturiser feels way too thick and heavy on my face. My skin feels like a oil slick at the end of the day. I've had to switch to mattifying moisturisers like those from Avene or LRP. This moisturiser will still has a place in my heart though, after helping me get through that horrible stage of eczema, so I definitely have no qualms about repurchasing if my skin ever does another turnaround and become really dry again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer! It feels so lightweight, smooth, and has a silky soft texture to it that I love. Applies very easily and smoothly on your face (not thick like other moisturizers) and is VERY hydrating. Great for dry, combination skin! I use it for daytime and nighttime, and it is especially good for underneath the eye circles! Plus I have ultra sensitive skin and this product does not irritate my skin at all! Thus I absolutely love it and would definitely repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by MissMacabre88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've wanted to try this product for quite sometime now, but I was reluctant to spend the $26.99 that it goes for her in Canada at SDM. In the past few months I've tried so many different face creams, moisturizers and oils, and aside from discovering the joys of sweet almond oil and apricot kernel oil (which I will only use at night because they do leave an oily sheen on my skin), I haven't found one that has really worked for me. So I've gone back to my regular face cream, Garnier's Moisture Rescue gel-cream.

My skin has been so dry and I've been breaking out in brutal itchy red patches. I've been using the Moisture Rescue gel-cream for a few years now and I have never had any issues with it. But lately my skin has been particularly bad and I've been having to apply the Moisture Rescue a few times for it to really absorb into the driest areas of my face.

So yesterday, after standing in SDM for over an hour of trying to decide on a new face moisturizer, I finally just said "screw it" and purchased Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing cream.

I still can't believe I spent $26.99 on such a small amount. I hope sometime in the future Burt's will sell this cream for cheaper, or else give you more of it for the cost.

Anyway...

I applied it after my morning shower today. One pump provides just enough to smooth all over my face. I like that there's not much of fragrance to it. It just smells like natural ingredients. It didn't burn my skin (Halle-freak'n-lujah!) like pretty well anything I've ever put on my face has. It absorbed fairly quickly and didn't leave me with red-splotchy, burning cheeks. A couple hours later my skin is feeling soft and hydrated. And I haven't noticed any excess oil building up on my nose! another bonus, as my nose and sometimes forehead and chin get pretty oily throughout the day.

So far so good!

I'm hoping within a few days or weeks this will prove itself to be my miracle face cream. Only time will tell. I'm thinking I might also try the Intense Hydration cream cleanser as well.

As it stands, I can say I'd buy this again. But we'll wait and see if it does any damage to my skin in the next few days. But I really do wish Burt's would either lower the price or increase the size of the container. None of their other products sell for more than $15.00. So why is this one so expensive!?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by christinarollins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i am a woman entering her mid 30's with sensitive/oily skin. i also have rosacea, so it is hard to find a product that can meet all my skin care needs without irritating my skin. i have found my HG in this moisturizer. i love it. it's moisturizing and doesn't break me out which is always a bonus. i will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this product when I was on vacation in New Orleans, as I had left my beloved Derme' Tea Tree moisterizer at home. Although it's no where near luxurious when you put it on, it hydrated my sensitive acne prone skin without causing any breakouts. The product is "scentless", and truthfully feels kind of "blah" when you put it on. However, it quickly absorbed into my skin and helped create a nice canvas in which to apply my powder foundation. A word of advice- start off by using just a "pea sized" amount and dab it on; apply more if necessary. Using too much at once makes it difficult to absorb. Although Derme' Tea Tree Moistuerizer for acne prone skin is my preference (I love the "minty" feeling of the tea tree oil), I would absolutely recommend Burt's to anyone with acne prone skin and wants a product that doesn't contain a bunch of crap in the ingreedient list.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After my skin recovered from chemical burns due to a murad kit I had to change my skincare routine completely from having extremely oily spotty skin to now having very dry sensitive skin!. The avene range got my skin back into a calmer and not as dry state and I still use the cleanser toner and recovery cream at night but I just wanted a slightly lighter moisturiser for daytime, I found this on amazon with great reviews and have been using every day for a month now. I love that it comes in a sturdy sanitary pump action container and one pump dispenses just the right amount for me. It sinks in instantly even though my skin is very dry it still does feel very comfortable all day and my primer and bare minerals sit perfectly all day on top. Will definitely keep buying this great packaging and just the right amount of moisture and no strong fragrances to upset my skin!.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by steff612

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this moisturizer today after long exhausting searching. I have a hard time with moisturizers because parts of my skin are dry and parts are oily. I read the reviews here before buying and I will have to wait and see. It felt a little heavy going on and there really wasn't much a smell which is fine with me since I don't like perfumed moisturizers. I will give it a couple days and get back to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many moisturizers in the past year or two. At least fifteen, some with disastrous results. Out of them all only two haven't made me break out, and this is one of them. The other is only wearable at night, and I really needed something gentle that was suitable for every day wear.

My favorite thing about this product is how quickly it sinks into my skin. For the first time, I can wear moisturizer under makeup without having to worry that my face will be an oily mess in an hour.

It's also very soothing and has no fragrance, which is important for me. I've had reactions to things I never expected, like LRP Toleriane Ultra. I also recently had a bad reaction to an acne treatment, and this was the only thing that helped calm my skin down.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No