August 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Concealers - NARS - Concealer Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm generally not a big fan of stick concealors and my friend bought this by mistake instead if the much raved radiant creamy concealor. As there's a no returns policy on the concealor (bought at a clearance sale), I decided to use it instead, and was very pleasantly surprised! This concealor is surprisingly soft and easy to blend. The coverage is pretty high, so I didn't have to use too much. I will definite consider this again in future purchases, althought right now I am still interested in getting the radiant creamy concealor after this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general, this product seems to have a pretty bad reputation for dry skin so I was all set to avoid it. Unfortunately, I somehow forgot which NARS concealer to avoid and accidentally got this one instead of the creamy concealer variety.
I was all set to return it but then figured hey, I like thicker stick-based concealers. May as well give it a try.

To be honest, I was actually pleasantly surprised.
It's a bit creamier than I anticipated and has seriously fantastic coverage. It blends really well and I wore it from literally 7am to midnight and it didn't budge at all.
Because of the great coverage, a little goes a long way so I didn't need to use a lot and in addition, I covers darker marks fantastically.
While it wasn't really moisturising, it didn't pick up flakey bits as much as other concealers do.And it didn't really dry my skin out.

For those of you worried about it creasing, I found that it does make fine lines under your eyes a bit more noticeable so it's probably a better face concealer than for under your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally a fan of the NARS line of products. However, I have very mixed feelings about this concealer. It's good for hiding blemishes, but it's terrible for under eye circles. It is also very slick and creases like crazy. If you have fine wrinkles, it will emphasize them. Also, it slips off after about two hours of wear under the eyes, even with powder. On the face, it lasts only about an hour or two longer before it needs to be re-applied. For the price, I just don't think it's worth it. If you're more concerned about blemishes on the face, it works pretty well, but it does very little for under the eyes. I am using mine up because of the price, but I will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally LOVE Nars products, but this was a bit of a let down. It doesn't cover very well and makes my skin look super duper dry and cakey, as well as settling into the creases something chronic, even with eye primer and powder. HOWEVER, one thing this concealer can be good for is a highlighter. I have it in Chantilly (lightest shade) and use it under my foundation to give my cheekbones a slight glow. And my cheekbones only. Can't use it on my nose or under eye area because as I said it makes my skin look very dry in those areas. Disappointing :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that it's moisturizing but it doesn't hide dark under eye circles so this didn't really do much for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always looking for a higher coverage concealer, drier formulation to cover dark blemishes. It's tough to get on the regular market I find. Most drug store ones are too oily, even higher end makeup lines don't have the dry but blendable consistency that I am looking for.

This was one of my discoveries recently. You have to be looking for a drier consistency concealer to be happy about this one. It's too dry for under the eye area, it's definitely for covering scars, moles, discolouration etc. Technique is pretty important so warming it up with your finger tip definitely helps with such a product. I can see by swiping it on it's own and not blending it well or not setting it with a powder on your skin area (please don't put this under your eyes and set with a powder or else you will ask for crepe paper eyebags).

I'd buy this again, definitely because it's great for covering specific blemishes that I want to hide and it's slim enough to stick in my wristlet and smaller purses. I knocked off one lippie because it's more expensive, but for good quality stuff ya gotta pay for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

I love this product. I have a lot of blemishes and this is the first concealer that actually matches my skin tone; I wear the color Custard. However, for what you pay ($24), you get so little product in the tube. The tube doesn't allow you to get all the product either, so I feel like you don't get everything you pay for. BTW, THE DUPE FOR THIS IS THE REVLON PHOTOREADY STICK CONCEALER.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I love this concealer. I'd been eschewing coverup and foundation for a while (laziness, ha) but redness and some acne scarring has caught my attention. I use Vanilla, which is a perfect match on my LLL NW20 skin. I sort of draw/dab it onto my chin and around my nose and mouth in the morning after my moisturizer sinks in, and then blend with a damp sponge. I use the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as a foundation, and this duo stays put all day and makes my skin look flawless and natural. :) I have noticed that my face can get a little oily - chin is in the T-zone, after all - but it doesn't look bad or bother me (I blot or reapply powder if it does). I don't have a problem with cakiness/dryness, but if you have dry/flaky skin, test a sample first. I also love the sleek packaging on this product...but the stick has a tendency to break off when it's about finished up, boo. I've repurchased this concealer twice and it's definitely a makeup staple product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color selection, which I believe is the same as the former version of this product, is very good. I'm a neutral PPP and have worn "honey" for years. Although the new skinnier tube takes up less room in your bag, I prefer the older, creamier, more buildable version. Looking forward to trying the "radiant concealer" -- a creamy non-stick version. Very good coverage. If don't like the new version, would probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Several reviews have mentioned cakeyness and dryness. I do find my face needs to be really well moisturized for this to apply well, but as long as my face is good and primed, then I like this concealer a lot. I rub it on my finger and then pat on my face where needed. I really like the buildable coverage this way, and it can cover a lot where needed. In fact, I often use it instead of foundation, just patting it over my face on my red spots and blemishes. Seems to wear well on my skin too, and it doesn't cause me to break out. It also comes in a colour fair & pink enough for my nearly-transparent skin.