NARS Concealer Stick

3.8

As of Oct. 2013: polymethyl methacrylate, triethylhexanoin, dimethicone, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, polyethylene, diisostearyl malate, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, cera microcristallina, polysilicone-2, methicone, tetradecene, candelilla cera, ascorbyl glucoside, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, glucosyl hesperidin, turmeric root extract, tocopherol, serralysin, silica, glycerin, water, butylene glycol, arctostaphylos uva ursi leaf extract, mica, titanium dioxide, ci77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 42090, CI 77163

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only concealer I can use without issues. I use a MAC brush and dot blemishes with product and stipple lightly. I follow it up with Alima Satin Matte foundation and get decent coverage. Least clogging "foundation" combo I have found to date. Custard is the perfect shade for medium light, ruddy skin tone. Will buy until they change the formula.

I have this in the shade Pear, the correcting shade. It is a pale yellow which I apply under my foundation.

I use a concealer brush and dab it onto the spot/blemish but do not blend it into my face as I want it completely hidden so I would then apply my foundation and make up over the top and TaDa it has disappeared!

A good product, the texture is thick, creamy and dries matte so don't apply too much but the staying power isn't fantastic and I notice the blemish coming through if I don't reapply during the day! I now apply a bit of a creamy/long lasting concealer after my foundation just to make sure it stays hidden!

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I want a yellow concealer that has better staying power :(

on 1/31/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

To cover small red blemishes and dark spots this concealer is decent. The application is dry and thick, which is nice for oilier types. Despite the thickness of the product, it is not full coverage. I would say the coverage is 80%, no matter how much I add.

To apply it, I use a small firm brush to take product off the stick and then use the brush to pat/push it onto my face. I can't image applying this with fingers. It works best on top of a good moisturizer or primer.

This product definitely does not work under my eyes, it's far too dry. Even when it's applied on top of eyecream and foundation, its still too thick to blend and creases within minutes.

on 12/8/2013 7:49:00 AM

Been using this for 2 years and while I continued to try different concealers I found I kept coming back to this one. It has really long-lasting opaque coverage, and with this concealer I was able to find a near-perfect color match (Biscuit) because NARS provides an excellent range of shades. Also, I prefer stick concealers to other types just because they're so easy to use and I'm a big fan of idiot-proof makeup. Just dab on and blend with fingers. Low-maintenance.
Now I don't use concealer under my eyes, just to cover blemishes and dark spots when I have to. So I don't know how this performs as an under-eye concealer. But on the spots that I cover this does an excellent job.
It is not as creamy as my other favorite concealer, Bobbi Brown's Face Touch-Up Stick, but even with the drier texture it still doesn't leave a dry cake-y finish like some other concealers do.
(A few reviews down I saw that someone had written that Revlon's PhotoReady Concealer is a dupe for this product. That is NOT true. I have tried both, and Revlon's formula is a lot more creamy than the NARS, its coverage was quite sheer, had an obvious powdery appearance. Overall I found it to be a low-quality concealer and a different product altogether. In fact, I think I bought it because I read that it was supposed to be a NARS dupe. Let me save you some money- it's not!)
I've tried a lot of stick concealers, this is one I'd buy again. Excellent lasting-power, coverage, and shade selection. Blends easily and looks natural. As close to HG as any I've found:)

on 9/19/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Good coverage but a bit of a dry stick so it's kind of hard to apply

on 9/8/2013 8:32:00 PM

At the beginning I hated how the concealer cling on to dry skin and make it look super flaky and obvious. However, I tried applying it with a small brush instead, using 1 way sweeping motion and it worked so much better. If you're stuck with this product, try this way so you don't let it go to waste!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm generally not a big fan of stick concealors and my friend bought this by mistake instead if the much raved radiant creamy concealor. As there's a no returns policy on the concealor (bought at a clearance sale), I decided to use it instead, and was very pleasantly surprised! This concealor is surprisingly soft and easy to blend. The coverage is pretty high, so I didn't have to use too much. I will definite consider this again in future purchases, althought right now I am still interested in getting the radiant creamy concealor after this.

on 8/16/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In general, this product seems to have a pretty bad reputation for dry skin so I was all set to avoid it. Unfortunately, I somehow forgot which NARS concealer to avoid and accidentally got this one instead of the creamy concealer variety.
I was all set to return it but then figured hey, I like thicker stick-based concealers. May as well give it a try.

To be honest, I was actually pleasantly surprised.
It's a bit creamier than I anticipated and has seriously fantastic coverage. It blends really well and I wore it from literally 7am to midnight and it didn't budge at all.
Because of the great coverage, a little goes a long way so I didn't need to use a lot and in addition, I covers darker marks fantastically.
While it wasn't really moisturising, it didn't pick up flakey bits as much as other concealers do.And it didn't really dry my skin out.

For those of you worried about it creasing, I found that it does make fine lines under your eyes a bit more noticeable so it's probably a better face concealer than for under your eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am generally a fan of the NARS line of products. However, I have very mixed feelings about this concealer. It's good for hiding blemishes, but it's terrible for under eye circles. It is also very slick and creases like crazy. If you have fine wrinkles, it will emphasize them. Also, it slips off after about two hours of wear under the eyes, even with powder. On the face, it lasts only about an hour or two longer before it needs to be re-applied. For the price, I just don't think it's worth it. If you're more concerned about blemishes on the face, it works pretty well, but it does very little for under the eyes. I am using mine up because of the price, but I will not buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I generally LOVE Nars products, but this was a bit of a let down. It doesn't cover very well and makes my skin look super duper dry and cakey, as well as settling into the creases something chronic, even with eye primer and powder. HOWEVER, one thing this concealer can be good for is a highlighter. I have it in Chantilly (lightest shade) and use it under my foundation to give my cheekbones a slight glow. And my cheekbones only. Can't use it on my nose or under eye area because as I said it makes my skin look very dry in those areas. Disappointing :(

Top Rated NARS Products