July 24, 2014 | 2125 users online

Concealers - NARS - Concealer Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally a fan of the NARS line of products. However, I have very mixed feelings about this concealer. It's good for hiding blemishes, but it's terrible for under eye circles. It is also very slick and creases like crazy. If you have fine wrinkles, it will emphasize them. Also, it slips off after about two hours of wear under the eyes, even with powder. On the face, it lasts only about an hour or two longer before it needs to be re-applied. For the price, I just don't think it's worth it. If you're more concerned about blemishes on the face, it works pretty well, but it does very little for under the eyes. I am using mine up because of the price, but I will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally LOVE Nars products, but this was a bit of a let down. It doesn't cover very well and makes my skin look super duper dry and cakey, as well as settling into the creases something chronic, even with eye primer and powder. HOWEVER, one thing this concealer can be good for is a highlighter. I have it in Chantilly (lightest shade) and use it under my foundation to give my cheekbones a slight glow. And my cheekbones only. Can't use it on my nose or under eye area because as I said it makes my skin look very dry in those areas. Disappointing :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that it's moisturizing but it doesn't hide dark under eye circles so this didn't really do much for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always looking for a higher coverage concealer, drier formulation to cover dark blemishes. It's tough to get on the regular market I find. Most drug store ones are too oily, even higher end makeup lines don't have the dry but blendable consistency that I am looking for.

This was one of my discoveries recently. You have to be looking for a drier consistency concealer to be happy about this one. It's too dry for under the eye area, it's definitely for covering scars, moles, discolouration etc. Technique is pretty important so warming it up with your finger tip definitely helps with such a product. I can see by swiping it on it's own and not blending it well or not setting it with a powder on your skin area (please don't put this under your eyes and set with a powder or else you will ask for crepe paper eyebags).

I'd buy this again, definitely because it's great for covering specific blemishes that I want to hide and it's slim enough to stick in my wristlet and smaller purses. I knocked off one lippie because it's more expensive, but for good quality stuff ya gotta pay for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

I love this product. I have a lot of blemishes and this is the first concealer that actually matches my skin tone; I wear the color Custard. However, for what you pay ($24), you get so little product in the tube. The tube doesn't allow you to get all the product either, so I feel like you don't get everything you pay for. BTW, THE DUPE FOR THIS IS THE REVLON PHOTOREADY STICK CONCEALER.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I love this concealer. I'd been eschewing coverup and foundation for a while (laziness, ha) but redness and some acne scarring has caught my attention. I use Vanilla, which is a perfect match on my LLL NW20 skin. I sort of draw/dab it onto my chin and around my nose and mouth in the morning after my moisturizer sinks in, and then blend with a damp sponge. I use the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as a foundation, and this duo stays put all day and makes my skin look flawless and natural. :) I have noticed that my face can get a little oily - chin is in the T-zone, after all - but it doesn't look bad or bother me (I blot or reapply powder if it does). I don't have a problem with cakiness/dryness, but if you have dry/flaky skin, test a sample first. I also love the sleek packaging on this product...but the stick has a tendency to break off when it's about finished up, boo. I've repurchased this concealer twice and it's definitely a makeup staple product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color selection, which I believe is the same as the former version of this product, is very good. I'm a neutral PPP and have worn "honey" for years. Although the new skinnier tube takes up less room in your bag, I prefer the older, creamier, more buildable version. Looking forward to trying the "radiant concealer" -- a creamy non-stick version. Very good coverage. If don't like the new version, would probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Several reviews have mentioned cakeyness and dryness. I do find my face needs to be really well moisturized for this to apply well, but as long as my face is good and primed, then I like this concealer a lot. I rub it on my finger and then pat on my face where needed. I really like the buildable coverage this way, and it can cover a lot where needed. In fact, I often use it instead of foundation, just patting it over my face on my red spots and blemishes. Seems to wear well on my skin too, and it doesn't cause me to break out. It also comes in a colour fair & pink enough for my nearly-transparent skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

This is the best stick concealer I own. I think it's pretty easy for almost anyone to find a shade that fits her without too much trouble. The formula is long-lasting and it will cover just about anything. If you're having problems with it feeling tough when you apply it straight from the stick, try running a couple swatches on the back of your hand to warm it up. I use this lightly and I don't have any problems with cakiness whatsoever. It's such a nice formula, you don't have to apply too much. Mine has a nice pink undertone which is perfect for my under eyes. Plus, it's only just a little over $20, which is a lot for a stick concealer, but not for one that's so high quality. I love it, and I'll buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mine does nothing. Iím very pale, but maybe I needed a darker color (I have this in the lightest shade, Pure Ivory); however, this product seems to be sheer, period, regardless of the tone. It hides dark circles and evens out skin tone a teeny tiny bit, but no way would I repurchase. I thought it would be handy and effective, but it goes on too dry and too lightly. For me, it isnít heavy enough to turn cakey, but itís not at all moisturizing and doesnít feel good going on. This would be okay if it was dirt cheap, but really it does virtually nothing on my fair skin, so . . . no repurchase and no recommendation.