December 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Concealers - NARS - Concealer Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Been using this for 2 years and while I continued to try different concealers I found I kept coming back to this one. It has really long-lasting opaque coverage, and with this concealer I was able to find a near-perfect color match (Biscuit) because NARS provides an excellent range of shades. Also, I prefer stick concealers to other types just because they're so easy to use and I'm a big fan of idiot-proof makeup. Just dab on and blend with fingers. Low-maintenance.
Now I don't use concealer under my eyes, just to cover blemishes and dark spots when I have to. So I don't know how this performs as an under-eye concealer. But on the spots that I cover this does an excellent job.
It is not as creamy as my other favorite concealer, Bobbi Brown's Face Touch-Up Stick, but even with the drier texture it still doesn't leave a dry cake-y finish like some other concealers do.
(A few reviews down I saw that someone had written that Revlon's PhotoReady Concealer is a dupe for this product. That is NOT true. I have tried both, and Revlon's formula is a lot more creamy than the NARS, its coverage was quite sheer, had an obvious powdery appearance. Overall I found it to be a low-quality concealer and a different product altogether. In fact, I think I bought it because I read that it was supposed to be a NARS dupe. Let me save you some money- it's not!)
I've tried a lot of stick concealers, this is one I'd buy again. Excellent lasting-power, coverage, and shade selection. Blends easily and looks natural. As close to HG as any I've found:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good coverage but a bit of a dry stick so it's kind of hard to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by nguyenp

At the beginning I hated how the concealer cling on to dry skin and make it look super flaky and obvious. However, I tried applying it with a small brush instead, using 1 way sweeping motion and it worked so much better. If you're stuck with this product, try this way so you don't let it go to waste!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm generally not a big fan of stick concealors and my friend bought this by mistake instead if the much raved radiant creamy concealor. As there's a no returns policy on the concealor (bought at a clearance sale), I decided to use it instead, and was very pleasantly surprised! This concealor is surprisingly soft and easy to blend. The coverage is pretty high, so I didn't have to use too much. I will definite consider this again in future purchases, althought right now I am still interested in getting the radiant creamy concealor after this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general, this product seems to have a pretty bad reputation for dry skin so I was all set to avoid it. Unfortunately, I somehow forgot which NARS concealer to avoid and accidentally got this one instead of the creamy concealer variety.
I was all set to return it but then figured hey, I like thicker stick-based concealers. May as well give it a try.

To be honest, I was actually pleasantly surprised.
It's a bit creamier than I anticipated and has seriously fantastic coverage. It blends really well and I wore it from literally 7am to midnight and it didn't budge at all.
Because of the great coverage, a little goes a long way so I didn't need to use a lot and in addition, I covers darker marks fantastically.
While it wasn't really moisturising, it didn't pick up flakey bits as much as other concealers do.And it didn't really dry my skin out.

For those of you worried about it creasing, I found that it does make fine lines under your eyes a bit more noticeable so it's probably a better face concealer than for under your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally a fan of the NARS line of products. However, I have very mixed feelings about this concealer. It's good for hiding blemishes, but it's terrible for under eye circles. It is also very slick and creases like crazy. If you have fine wrinkles, it will emphasize them. Also, it slips off after about two hours of wear under the eyes, even with powder. On the face, it lasts only about an hour or two longer before it needs to be re-applied. For the price, I just don't think it's worth it. If you're more concerned about blemishes on the face, it works pretty well, but it does very little for under the eyes. I am using mine up because of the price, but I will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally LOVE Nars products, but this was a bit of a let down. It doesn't cover very well and makes my skin look super duper dry and cakey, as well as settling into the creases something chronic, even with eye primer and powder. HOWEVER, one thing this concealer can be good for is a highlighter. I have it in Chantilly (lightest shade) and use it under my foundation to give my cheekbones a slight glow. And my cheekbones only. Can't use it on my nose or under eye area because as I said it makes my skin look very dry in those areas. Disappointing :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that it's moisturizing but it doesn't hide dark under eye circles so this didn't really do much for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always looking for a higher coverage concealer, drier formulation to cover dark blemishes. It's tough to get on the regular market I find. Most drug store ones are too oily, even higher end makeup lines don't have the dry but blendable consistency that I am looking for.

This was one of my discoveries recently. You have to be looking for a drier consistency concealer to be happy about this one. It's too dry for under the eye area, it's definitely for covering scars, moles, discolouration etc. Technique is pretty important so warming it up with your finger tip definitely helps with such a product. I can see by swiping it on it's own and not blending it well or not setting it with a powder on your skin area (please don't put this under your eyes and set with a powder or else you will ask for crepe paper eyebags).

I'd buy this again, definitely because it's great for covering specific blemishes that I want to hide and it's slim enough to stick in my wristlet and smaller purses. I knocked off one lippie because it's more expensive, but for good quality stuff ya gotta pay for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

I love this product. I have a lot of blemishes and this is the first concealer that actually matches my skin tone; I wear the color Custard. However, for what you pay ($24), you get so little product in the tube. The tube doesn't allow you to get all the product either, so I feel like you don't get everything you pay for. BTW, THE DUPE FOR THIS IS THE REVLON PHOTOREADY STICK CONCEALER.