November 24, 2014 | 2058 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion D'Ombre - Illusoire

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful, beautiful, truly splendid color. My favorite out of everything I have ever put on my eyes (and I've tried thousands of brands and colors!). I have never seen such a sophisticated, edgy, stunning color as this with green eyes. This color not only makes my green eye color pop but it opens up my eyes as well (and I have hooded, small eyes). I was sold on it when I saw Lisa Eldridge do a youtube video featuring this color worn alone, demonstrated as a very quick but chic look. She is right. You get just that with this color.

I find it very easy to blend and work with. It's like blending satin onto your skin. It is not as dark or nearly as bling-y as it looks in the jar. It goes on a lovely taupey gray with purple undertones and the sparkle is subtle, not overkill at all. You can build it and you will get more of a charcoal gray out of it. And a beautiful smokey eye to boot.

It is a GREAT color to wear for day on its own. That is what I bought it for. I dab my middle finger lightly into it about four times and then apply it all over my lid, in the crease, and build it up a tiny bit in the outer V with a MAC 217. I blend it a bit with the 217 as well. Then a light swipe of it under my eyes using the brush that comes with it (which is really only good for just this... it's too small and stiff for anything else). Black mascara, a defined brow. Done.

The only cons to this product are that it does not seem to last long as other reviewers have noted. I am going to try it with a primer though and see if that will help. I'll update this review if the primer works. And the price is insane. I can't believe I spent almost $ 50 on a single eye shadow! However, the color is so dang pretty I think the price was worth it. I seriously have not seen anything like this ever.

If you have green eyes, try this and be prepared to fall in love with your reflection.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased these in Illusoire, Mirifique and Fantasme. Illusoire really caught my eye because of its gorgeous shimmery purplish gray color.
I have used it on its own and with the other colors for a smokey eye look, and it is very blendable without getting creasey. However, llusoires beautiful color in the pan turns more dark gray on my lids with no hint of the purple I spied in the pan. And I use my primer underneath and the color has faded after about 3 hours, so my lids look slightly dirty with flecks of glitter only remaining of the eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved in and got this eyeshadow based on the raves here and overall, I am pleased with this purchase.
I've used this eyeshadow a few times and I find it's best used as a base with a complimentary shadow on top for lasting staying power.

It has a bit too much shimmer for everyday wear (for my preference) so I use it lightly for an every day look. I'll apply a purple or greyish powder shadow in the crease for that soft smoky look.
I don't care for the mini brush that comes with this shadow; I prefer to use my fingers to apply on my lids.

For a night out, I'd apply this heavier for a more dramatic look.

The container is huge although for this price, I would expect bang for my buck.

I wouldn't re-purchase once I'm finished this product as I think there are easil duped matches out there for less money. But if you're in the mood for a splurge, I'd recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really lovely, I love it for special occasions because the glittery texture and plum-my color.

It would have gotten a 5, but the only con is that it gets a bit stuck in the crease and cakes up when in attempt to blend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. Not quite as fantastic as my favorite from MAC (mauvement) , but it's a very beautiful eyeshadow for party!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful eye shadow and I concur with the other reviewers in describing this as a silvery-purple-grey-taupe shade. The color is gorgeous and the bouncy texture of the shadow is soft and smooth, but performance wise, this is disappointing. I have not had luck with staying power. On me, it creases, fades and leaves a glitter trail on the eyelids. For an eye shadow that is $40 USD with tax, that's unacceptable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is quite possibly my favorite statement eyeshadow of all time. It's grand entrance time when used with black winged liner on top, plenty of mascara, sheer pink blush and baby pink lips. Love love LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

This is my nr. 1 party-makeup!! Its the most beautiful purple/silver color, with a lit of shimmer in it. Ir stays all night, and I dont need a primer under it. It doesnt creese on me at all, and it comes with a little aplicator. You can actually take some product on this aplicator, put the top on it, and have it in your bag when you go out, so you dont have to take the whole pot with you. Smart :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, love the IdO's. particularly this one.

The texture is like a creamy mousse, there is loads if microshimmer in this beautiful grey/purple shade. The colour is similar to their ombre essentielle in Taupe Gris but with lot's more shimmer.

They come in a beautiful little glass pot with a tiny brush which is a nice qualty and makes it easy to apply the product. The eyeshadow applies beautifully, is easy to blend and lasts for ages on me.

I use this particular shade as a wash allover my lid for a super easy subtle smoky eye. I usually pair it with the IdO in Mirifique along my lashline and a nude lip (glossy or matte).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ok, clearly I'm not doing something right. I was obsessed with owning this for a while so when I got my greedy little hands on it, I was thrilled. The texture is well described here, as is the beautiful complex shade. However, I had issues with opacity and payoff...perhaps it's meant to be sheer and buildable? But from various reviews here and elsewhere, that's not the impression I got. It's not to say it isn't lovely, but I did find that it took more layers than I expected to reach full opacity. In addition, I don't have particularly oily lids. I'd say they're about average...but this does not last a full 8 hours on me. I have a couple of eye shadow primers, sure, but I really wasn't expecting to need one. My maybelline Bad to the Bronze is still the longest lasting cream shadow I have, and it's a fraction of the price. I love the color and shimmer, but sadly I doubt I'd repurchase this one. If anyone has any advice (I.e. use more, switch brush textures--I find it better to use finger or stiff flat brush rather than soft) please feel free to message me bc I'd love to make this one work well for me.