April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion D'Ombre - Illusoire

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved in and got this eyeshadow based on the raves here and overall, I am pleased with this purchase.
I've used this eyeshadow a few times and I find it's best used as a base with a complimentary shadow on top for lasting staying power.

It has a bit too much shimmer for everyday wear (for my preference) so I use it lightly for an every day look. I'll apply a purple or greyish powder shadow in the crease for that soft smoky look.
I don't care for the mini brush that comes with this shadow; I prefer to use my fingers to apply on my lids.

For a night out, I'd apply this heavier for a more dramatic look.

The container is huge although for this price, I would expect bang for my buck.

I wouldn't re-purchase once I'm finished this product as I think there are easil duped matches out there for less money. But if you're in the mood for a splurge, I'd recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really lovely, I love it for special occasions because the glittery texture and plum-my color.

It would have gotten a 5, but the only con is that it gets a bit stuck in the crease and cakes up when in attempt to blend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. Not quite as fantastic as my favorite from MAC (mauvement) , but it's a very beautiful eyeshadow for party!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful eye shadow and I concur with the other reviewers in describing this as a silvery-purple-grey-taupe shade. The color is gorgeous and the bouncy texture of the shadow is soft and smooth, but performance wise, this is disappointing. I have not had luck with staying power. On me, it creases, fades and leaves a glitter trail on the eyelids. For an eye shadow that is $40 USD with tax, that's unacceptable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is quite possibly my favorite statement eyeshadow of all time. It's grand entrance time when used with black winged liner on top, plenty of mascara, sheer pink blush and baby pink lips. Love love LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

This is my nr. 1 party-makeup!! Its the most beautiful purple/silver color, with a lit of shimmer in it. Ir stays all night, and I dont need a primer under it. It doesnt creese on me at all, and it comes with a little aplicator. You can actually take some product on this aplicator, put the top on it, and have it in your bag when you go out, so you dont have to take the whole pot with you. Smart :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, love the IdO's. particularly this one.

The texture is like a creamy mousse, there is loads if microshimmer in this beautiful grey/purple shade. The colour is similar to their ombre essentielle in Taupe Gris but with lot's more shimmer.

They come in a beautiful little glass pot with a tiny brush which is a nice qualty and makes it easy to apply the product. The eyeshadow applies beautifully, is easy to blend and lasts for ages on me.

I use this particular shade as a wash allover my lid for a super easy subtle smoky eye. I usually pair it with the IdO in Mirifique along my lashline and a nude lip (glossy or matte).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ok, clearly I'm not doing something right. I was obsessed with owning this for a while so when I got my greedy little hands on it, I was thrilled. The texture is well described here, as is the beautiful complex shade. However, I had issues with opacity and payoff...perhaps it's meant to be sheer and buildable? But from various reviews here and elsewhere, that's not the impression I got. It's not to say it isn't lovely, but I did find that it took more layers than I expected to reach full opacity. In addition, I don't have particularly oily lids. I'd say they're about average...but this does not last a full 8 hours on me. I have a couple of eye shadow primers, sure, but I really wasn't expecting to need one. My maybelline Bad to the Bronze is still the longest lasting cream shadow I have, and it's a fraction of the price. I love the color and shimmer, but sadly I doubt I'd repurchase this one. If anyone has any advice (I.e. use more, switch brush textures--I find it better to use finger or stiff flat brush rather than soft) please feel free to message me bc I'd love to make this one work well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by stls

Illusoire is one of these rare gems I prefer not knowing about. I was almost perfectly happy with my eyeshadow collection till noticing illusoire. Because it's utterly breathtaking and very expensive (35 euros for an eyeshadow? Seriously?) No more makeup purchases till Christmas for me!

Others have described the color and consistency pretty accurately- it really is a buildable purple/gray/taupey/lavender combination with tons of fine silver/gray/lilac shimmer. Feels dense and applies easily, no fallout and no creasing with TFSI. Also the brush that comes in the box works great with the texture of the eyeshadow!

The most impressive about Illusoire is that applied alone on the lid with just eyeliner and mascara looks so multidimensional, you can hardly believe it's just a single color on the lid. I have no other eyeshadow that looks so complete, interesting, sophisticated and glamorous on its own.

I am a little worried about drying out because I use it only for nights out (too shimmery for daytime for me) but I plan on using it every night out this fall/winter. (Purple/taupe are my favorite eyeshadow colors anyway, really make green eyes pop)
If it wasn't so expensive I would buy backups for a lifetime, sigh...

Edit: after a few tries the compliments keep coming, so glad I got Illusoire!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shadow! It's such a gorgeous smoky violet with a grey tone that reminds me of Chanel's Fauve eyeshadow. Tons of micro-fine silvery shimmer dust throughout that creates a beautiful glistening, light catching effect. I'm a fan of how easy it is to build up intensity, though it looks equally beautiful as a sheer wash. It feels much less dense and heavy than the Bobbi Brown or Stila cream shadows. This is more like a plush mousse, lightweight and comfortable on the skin with a silky, spreadable texture. I want to describe them as being slick even though that conjures an oily image, which this is definitely not.

For something quick and simple I do a sheer swipe of this across my lids with some mascara and brow gel. But it looks amazing with Fauve in the crease and outer V, paired with some grey liner. When I go out I wear a heavy layer of this and use Mirifique in the both the outer V and as a liner. I think it's very versatile and it looks great with a wide variety of shades. I've tried to wear it as an eyeliner with a cream eyeliner brush and I didn't like it at all... it didn't show up well and it was awkward to layer it.

The longevity is above average, not as long wearing for me as Armani's Eyes to Kill Intense shadows (which have a similar luminescent, strongly pigmented effect). Though if I wear this beneath my lower lash line I notice a shimmer spread across my upper cheeks. Also if I inadvertently rub my eyes a little it comes off easily, so if you're someone with easily irritated eyes, allergies or the like you may want to be careful. Packaging is kinda clunky but strangely enough I like it, and I don't know if I'd want to see these in a plastic compact. I use the tiny brush that's included only if I'm traveling or I need to throw this in my makeup bag for later. Otherwise I use my own brushes or my finger, both methods work just fine for me. This is one of my favorite formulas and I hope there's more colors to come.