December 21, 2014 | 1074 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i loved this mascara up until the moment i tried to take it off. Dont get me wrong it gave me length - volume - that nice flutter in my lashes i love. It almost looked like it was adding lashes for me my only problem with it was it didnt come out as black as i had hoped seeing how i had gotten it in blackest black. Fast forward to the end of my work day to my disgust i had raccoon eyes i do have oily eyelids so that can play a part in it but it was a lot. When i tell you it took me almost three days for this mascara to completely come off im not joking - i used cleansers and soaps galore even after showers it was still on and to top it off when it was finally gone i had lost so many lashes :(
disappointing because it had potential

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointed. I have average lashes, most mascaras work for me. I had this in the color "blackest black", the waterproof version. First off, this flakes like crazy. secondly, I have watery eyes and this smeared all over my concealer on my bottom eyelid. Thirdly I didn't like the brush. The bristles were stiff and twisted in a bunch of directions, made getting close to the root of my lashes uncomfortable. I took it back to the store and went back to my clinique high impact

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ElleeA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are long and I do not wear fake eyelashes so I tried this product to see if it would give me that false lash effect and it did! For a product at this price I would say it works very well. Normally I use MAC mascara but I needed to get something quick without going to the mall and I am very satisfied with the results. It washes of very easy for me and to avoid clumping be very patient and careful when applying. It definitely extends your lashes. I definitely would recommend this product because of the price and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't a mascara person until now. I have had long dark eyelashes my whole life, and then menopause began to hit. My eyelashes have become sparser and need some help. Ouch! So, I've been trying different mascaras. Got this one after reading "How to Look Expensive" by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig. She mentions the "tubing" quality of L'Oreal mascaras and how they stay put but easily wash off. After over-scrubbing to remove waterproof varieties in other brands, this is a valuable quality for me. So I tried this without expecting much.

I'm happily surprised and LOVE it! My lashes are now volumized to look even better than when I was younger, and there's no smudging. No clumping! Not waterproof, but that's why I got it. Easily washes off with normal face cleanser. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the best luck with L'oreal mascaras, that's all I buy at this point. Its crazy that mostly everyone hates L'oreal mascaras, but they work so well for me, and almost all of them are HG! I love this one in particular because its a drier formula which is so much easier to build without clumping. I can pile it on for extra drama without worrying about it clumping or looking spidery. I like the packaging, the brush, and the pigmentation. Its very similar to my previous HG mascara, L'oreal's Power Volume 24 HR Black Smoke so I still alternate between the two, but False Fiber Lashes is muchhhh more dry. If you don't like dry formulas, don't go for this, but if you want the same effect with a more wet formula, try the Black Smoke :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I have smaller, hooded eyes and non-existent lashes so obviously I wear mascara almost every day. While this mascara gave me good length, and decent volume - the flaking is unbelievable. Even with a lash primer, or sealer or whatever else I tried to make it work - it still flaked under my eyes badly within 2-3 hours. I'm talking full-blown flake carpet under my eyes within 3 hours, NOT like 2 miniscule flakes.

I've never had a mascara flake so badly on me, but yet look good - so I hate to give it a low score, but really the flaking is beyond acceptable and I can't be wiping under my eyes 10x a day at work. I'll stick with my current favourite, L'oreal Butterfly lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Decided to try this on a haul at Target. While it does offer some length and a bit of fullness it's not giving me any False lash effect. The wand is VERY long bit bendy. The color is very black but In order for this not to clump I had to use a base coat of Etude and a coat of clump crusher before applying this. It went on fine then but I noticed about 1/2 way though my day I had flakes and smudging. I will say take off was very easy with my cream Clinque remover.

I love L'oreal products especially their mascaras this one is a bit of a fail for me. I would rather buy the Butterfly effect than this one or the Essence I love Crazy lashes product. I does work for me and is only a couple of bucks vs. $7+.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by KailieEmelia

I've read a lot of the recent reviews on this mascara but I went ahead and purchased it anyways and honestly I am glad that I did. I'm not sure if it worked so great because I already have long eyelashes though. I did notice that if you don't comb your eyelashes they may stick together a bit, but that's just like any other mascara. This was a good purchase and it certainly makes my eyes pop even more. The only downside is I think I may have to use a bit more eye makeup remover to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I like this mascara, it does provide a false look, but you have to be careful. It can look spidery if you keep piling it on. I roll it on slowly and use 3 coats. If you use more than that you get that spider legs look and if you put it on too fast you get it.

One of those mascaras that is better used with another to get the real fake look. I haven't had it smudge or anything, so it's a good mascara in that aspect. Don't expect miracles though, I have yet to come across a "false lash" mascara that actually "looks" like false lashes. This does look good though and the packaging (which I don't care about) is very sleek and high-end. It's gold and nice looking. Something you could take in your purse to work etc and look really high-end if you're into that sort of thing.

Overall, great mascara just be careful applying it and it's not one of those brush on and go types. You do have to work with it. Using a metal comb gives the best results after I have found. I have it on now again and my lashes are very long and thick with it. I keep seeing them as I blink, lol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. Doesn't hold a curl or provide decent volume. My lashes look anything but false! This seems to dry out super fast too, and I've only been using this for one week!