September 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I have smaller, hooded eyes and non-existent lashes so obviously I wear mascara almost every day. While this mascara gave me good length, and decent volume - the flaking is unbelievable. Even with a lash primer, or sealer or whatever else I tried to make it work - it still flaked under my eyes badly within 2-3 hours. I'm talking full-blown flake carpet under my eyes within 3 hours, NOT like 2 miniscule flakes.

I've never had a mascara flake so badly on me, but yet look good - so I hate to give it a low score, but really the flaking is beyond acceptable and I can't be wiping under my eyes 10x a day at work. I'll stick with my current favourite, L'oreal Butterfly lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Decided to try this on a haul at Target. While it does offer some length and a bit of fullness it's not giving me any False lash effect. The wand is VERY long bit bendy. The color is very black but In order for this not to clump I had to use a base coat of Etude and a coat of clump crusher before applying this. It went on fine then but I noticed about 1/2 way though my day I had flakes and smudging. I will say take off was very easy with my cream Clinque remover.

I love L'oreal products especially their mascaras this one is a bit of a fail for me. I would rather buy the Butterfly effect than this one or the Essence I love Crazy lashes product. I does work for me and is only a couple of bucks vs. $7+.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by KailieEmelia

I've read a lot of the recent reviews on this mascara but I went ahead and purchased it anyways and honestly I am glad that I did. I'm not sure if it worked so great because I already have long eyelashes though. I did notice that if you don't comb your eyelashes they may stick together a bit, but that's just like any other mascara. This was a good purchase and it certainly makes my eyes pop even more. The only downside is I think I may have to use a bit more eye makeup remover to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I like this mascara, it does provide a false look, but you have to be careful. It can look spidery if you keep piling it on. I roll it on slowly and use 3 coats. If you use more than that you get that spider legs look and if you put it on too fast you get it.

One of those mascaras that is better used with another to get the real fake look. I haven't had it smudge or anything, so it's a good mascara in that aspect. Don't expect miracles though, I have yet to come across a "false lash" mascara that actually "looks" like false lashes. This does look good though and the packaging (which I don't care about) is very sleek and high-end. It's gold and nice looking. Something you could take in your purse to work etc and look really high-end if you're into that sort of thing.

Overall, great mascara just be careful applying it and it's not one of those brush on and go types. You do have to work with it. Using a metal comb gives the best results after I have found. I have it on now again and my lashes are very long and thick with it. I keep seeing them as I blink, lol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. Doesn't hold a curl or provide decent volume. My lashes look anything but false! This seems to dry out super fast too, and I've only been using this for one week!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I seem to have bad luck with all L'oreal mascaras and this is no exception. I bought this fiber formula hoping would it would not smudge but not the case. I slapped on three coats at 8am and already have a brownish black halo under both eyes, on top of powdered skin, at 1020am on a very dry winter day, no humidity at all. I have very short straight Asian lashes and did give 2 lippies for the good lengthening and curl hold but otherwise, this is not a good one for me sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this with the Telescopic Mascara and it will make my lashes look like they are to full and long as if they were fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by erikamarie13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube of this and I am really liking it. For me, it's a drugstore option for Tarte Lights, Camera, Action! It's definitely a drier formula which are my favorite. The brush is different, skinny with short bristles, which I prefer. It gives me feathery lashes with two coats. I don't have any problems with it flaking.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sailornibiru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at Ulta for 50% off, and I'm so glad I didn't have to pay full price for this because it is a bit pricey, as far as drugstore mascaras go. It's very goopy and clumps up on your eyelashes really easily. It makes my eyelashes stick together which makes it really hard to get any proper volume out of this. You have to be really careful putting it on because it is so goopy, it gets everywhere and it's hard to get the bottom lashes without making a mess.

When it finally does dry, it only takes a few hours before it begins to flake. And it's not one of those mascaras that you just forget about. You can tell there's something on your lashes at all times. So I guess it is similar to fake lashes in that aspect.
Very disappointed by this stuff. Wouldn't ever buy again. I basically only use it when I'm not going anywhere, but messing around with makeup looks in my room and need some mascara, but don't want to waste the good stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

One of the worst products I have purchased. I bought this thinking it would be a cheap replacement for Clinique's Lash Power mascara, but I was sooo wrong!

The formula is too thick/goopy and the brush is terrible-- impossible to apply even after wiping most of it off on the lip of the tube.