Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 2/15/2015 4:07:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The coverage was amazingly good (and buildable) for a BB cream without looking mask-like! In my opinion, this product is only for the oiliest complexions. It seems to have clay-like base that dries quickly to a velvety matte finish. I have very oily skin and even on a warm day I was shine free for a good 4 to 5 hours. Anyone who expects more than that amount of time is delusional. Even high-end products don't deliver that kind of performance even though they will make that claim. The only down side is the 2 option color selection. It won't be light enough for the fairest complexions and not deep enough for the darkest complexions. I would also guess that most of the women who like this product will need to purchase both colors options to mix a color that's a better match for them. Other than that, for the price it is a great light-weight matte foundation with enough opacity to blur imperfections without giving you that obviously "made up" look.

on 2/5/2015 12:31:00 PM

Works kinda okay, would rather go for something with more coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was excited when Garnier was introducing this product because I was using Korean BB Creams before it started trending here in the west. Sometimes I felt like the coverage wasn't enough, but it was very buildable so I liked the way my skin looked right after I applied it. That was the issue though, I expected my make-up to last me throughout maybe a 5-8 hour shift at work (I work retail at a clothing store) and by the end of the day my skin would look so oily.
No matter how much setting/mattifying powder I used it just wouldn't look matte at all.

on 1/27/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a pretty good product, nice matte finish, evens out skin tone and has SPF which is primarily why I bought it. However, there isn't much in terms of shade selection, as the Medium/Deep is too dark for me but the Light/Medium is ever so slightly too light. If you can find a match, it works really well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, light, acne prone skin that tans well.

I purchased this since it has SPF 15 in it and offers coverage to even out my skin tone. It's very think coming out of the tube, but it blends well when applying, almost like a mousse foundation. There is minimal coverage, almost like a tinted moisturizer. After applying this BB cream, (and I only applied a small amount since it felt heavy and my skin was in good shape and I didn't need much coverage anyways) it left my face shiny and I could tell it was just clogging my pores. I had to set it with powder, as I normally would with any foundation, but felt uncomfortably thick.

After wearing this found about 8 hours outside, I washed it off and was disappointed to see that it did indeed clog my pores leaving my clear face with blackheads and I was starting to flare up.

I would not recommend this product to anyone with remotely sensitive skin, there are way way better products out there :)

on 1/19/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted a drugstore bb cream with SPF

This has very little coverage but feels good and a moisturizing going on

but here is what I HATE: if you layer it it will roll off like eraser shavings. NOOOO thanks.
not remotely buildable but has very little coverage

I hope I will finish this up but no way will I repurchase

on 1/13/2015 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have been trying various BB (and CC) creams (including this one) ever since I discovered them (by reading this site). To me, they seem like a “HG” male grooming product – moisturizes, reduces pores and shine, provides SPF (though not this one), and also has a bit of (ahem) “coverage” that results in a polished, professional look without being fake or “made-up” looking. Just about all of them so far – including this one – are “pretty good”, though I have yet to find one that I would crown the “HG” of the “HG”. I have both the Light/Medium as well as the Medium/Deep of this one, which I can’t say for all of the others, so perhaps this one might be “pretty good+”. Sometimes, I mix them to get the color “just right”. That said, the lack of sunscreen knocks it down a peg, so it’s still “pretty good” after all. It spreads on quite nicely with/without moisturizer (I use a circular sponge) and the coverage is just right. You can easily add a little bit more on “problem areas” and it still looks natural. It lasts “pretty good” all day long, by which I mean it does not disappear nor does it run after hours of being on my face. It does not control shine completely after a bit, but I use other products to help with this. What I really like is that on those “unfortunate” days when I feel the need to use a little concealer under my eyes, this product helps to smooth everything out so I don’t look like I’ve got “something” under my eyes and “nothing” anywhere else. Actually, I find the Garnier “BB Eye” works quite well as a light-weight “natural” concealer in this regard. Finally – and I just have to say this – CVS advertises its BB cream (and eye roller) as a substitute. Surprisingly, these are quite good, the cream has SPF, and can be had quite inexpensively when CVS has a BOGO going on.

on 1/13/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice bb cream. I use this on days when I'm just staying at home with the kids and still want to even out my skin tone. I also like using this as a primer occasionally. My skin really likes this cream and it blends very well.

on 1/13/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use the oil free product in Light/Medium and LOVE IT. This looks fabulous under my foundation and powder. I'm 62 with a lovely complexion! Highly recommend the oil free version.

Love it! My skin looks smooth , the thing that sucks is that the medium/deep is a bit darker , other than that it's good