July 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Powder - The Body Shop - Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a nice powder foundation, that's it, it's "nice". Quite smooth, a little buildable, but if you want more than light coverage then you'll know you're wearing it, as it's quite heavy on the skin. It's never broke me out though. This was my "go to" powder foundation, but for the price and considering how long it lasts, you may as well pay an extra £10 and go for BareMinerals powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by beccan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've recently stopped using foundation to let my skin breath. I use concealer and bronzer instead. When I first bought this, I thought it would give a light coverage, 'balance' my reddish colour and be good to my skin (just so that I could use less concealer).

The thing is that I can barely tell the difference between when I'm wearing this or not. It neither feels or looks as if it's there. Very natural, but also a bit dissapointing. Perhaps I would like it more if i had no pimples at all. But for now I will buy another concealer instead.
I label this one as GHOST-MAKEUP.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MissPandamonium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have had my little pot for quiet a while, as I struggle to bring myself to using it.
It has a light to medium coverage and is very matte. And I mean matte to the point of looking dry chalky and dead. Sadly, I do not have setting spray to correct that dry dead look. I guess I would like it better if I had.
It is good for oily skin but that does not change the super dry finish.
The packaging isn't that great as the sifter lets out too much product.
The price...far too expensive for the performance it gives. Luckily, I have a love your body card and used a voucher.
I may try and finish it off now summer is on the way and my skin will inevitably turn into an oil factory. So hopefully that will counteract the dryness.
Personally, I much prefer the ELF Mineral Foundation as it looks more natural and has better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this as I have sensitive skin, it definitely does not irritate my skin so thumbs up there. As for coverage, it looks very natural though I would have to say there are not many shades and so it will not suit everyone

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was my first time trying out a mineral foundation and I was rather disappointed. It didnt really give me any kind of coverage that I was hoping for. It didnt even cover any my blemishes! And instead of covering my pores, it just kinda made them look even bigger. It feels very light though. I ended up using this product as my foundation setter when I'm using a liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by KatelynRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few days ago because I have been searching for a mineral foundation that doesn't have too many irritants in it. I believe this foundation only has 3 or 4 ingredients to it, so I gave it a whirl! I didn't get a perfect match with the color selection and I found that I couldn't get the kind of coverage I wanted to cover up my acne/acne scarring, no matter how many layers I put on. This might be a great foundation for someone who already has nice skin, but for me this one didn't work. Price was okay, I got it on a sale for $14 - and the sifter that comes in the container I didn't mind. I was unimpressed with the product altogether for my skin - so it was returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by aimeet1984

I LOVE these minerals!!!!!

The colour match to my skin is great (I am using 102 natural ivory) and they fair much better than Bare Minerals in my opinion. They are not too skiny or too flat looking, and provide a nice natural and healthy look. With all minerals the coverage is light, but that is exactly what I need for day-to-day work wear - especially as heavier coverage foundations always seem to look too mask like on my fair skin.

I will definitely continue to buy these, and think they are a bargain for such high quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by KeliKitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I decided to try this when it was going on sale for $10. I thought I was getting a great deal, but I didn't realize that it only has 5 g, so it is only reasonably priced. Wait til it goes on sale if you want to give this a shot.

With that said, this powder foundation is not bad. Nice texture for my combo/oily skin. I got 208 Golden Vanilla, which turned out to be just a tad dark for my NC30-35 skin. I will probably save it for summer. Actually it works as a very subtle bronzer for me right now (winter) since it has a nice sheen to it. And that's the other thing worth noting: it will make you look pretty damn shiny if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by KCucumber

I like this foundation. I have developed red patches on my skin, and this foundation does wonders at covering. I do use quite a bit to ensure the red is covered and my skin comes out looking "airbrushed". Usually I do not like looking as if I am wearing makeup, but this covers so nicely that I don't mind.

I find it makes my skin look as if it is glowing. Another bonus is that I have recently moved to Australia where it is very hot, and my Canadian skin sweats a lot - this product seems to soak up the shine from my face.

If you are interested in this product I would suggest speaking with a sales consultant to help you choose the correct colour as colours are somewhat limited. Despite this, the foundation matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

You guys? I think I'm in love.. This is the best foundation for me right now. It looks natural, I feel glowing.. And it's made without that itchy Bismuth ingredient that some mineral makeups have.. I am so happy. The packaging is also good. There is a screen inside the pot which the powder shakes out from, so that's a bit different from usual and I do like it..One tip, the powder may get on your clothing but it rubs off easily. What's wonderful is you can apply this with a kabuki brush or a powder puff and either way will look just as good. The finish is natural, not chalky like other mineral makeups were.
I am somewhat fair medium and I bought three shades in the level two range.. The girl at the store helped me choose level two. 202 Natural Vanilla is a good natural white shade, I don't see any yellow or pinks or orange in this. 208 golden vanilla seems like a warm color, a nice warmth but it was slightly dark for my tone so I mixed some 202 over it and now it's a nice shade of sun kissed. Did not get to try 205 rose vanilla but will do that tomorrow.
I have sensitive combination acne rosacea prone skin and I will continue to buy this.