April 19, 2014 | 1921 users online

Powder - The Body Shop - Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by KatelynRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few days ago because I have been searching for a mineral foundation that doesn't have too many irritants in it. I believe this foundation only has 3 or 4 ingredients to it, so I gave it a whirl! I didn't get a perfect match with the color selection and I found that I couldn't get the kind of coverage I wanted to cover up my acne/acne scarring, no matter how many layers I put on. This might be a great foundation for someone who already has nice skin, but for me this one didn't work. Price was okay, I got it on a sale for $14 - and the sifter that comes in the container I didn't mind. I was unimpressed with the product altogether for my skin - so it was returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by aimeet1984

I LOVE these minerals!!!!!

The colour match to my skin is great (I am using 102 natural ivory) and they fair much better than Bare Minerals in my opinion. They are not too skiny or too flat looking, and provide a nice natural and healthy look. With all minerals the coverage is light, but that is exactly what I need for day-to-day work wear - especially as heavier coverage foundations always seem to look too mask like on my fair skin.

I will definitely continue to buy these, and think they are a bargain for such high quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by KeliKitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I decided to try this when it was going on sale for $10. I thought I was getting a great deal, but I didn't realize that it only has 5 g, so it is only reasonably priced. Wait til it goes on sale if you want to give this a shot.

With that said, this powder foundation is not bad. Nice texture for my combo/oily skin. I got 208 Golden Vanilla, which turned out to be just a tad dark for my NC30-35 skin. I will probably save it for summer. Actually it works as a very subtle bronzer for me right now (winter) since it has a nice sheen to it. And that's the other thing worth noting: it will make you look pretty damn shiny if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by KCucumber

I like this foundation. I have developed red patches on my skin, and this foundation does wonders at covering. I do use quite a bit to ensure the red is covered and my skin comes out looking "airbrushed". Usually I do not like looking as if I am wearing makeup, but this covers so nicely that I don't mind.

I find it makes my skin look as if it is glowing. Another bonus is that I have recently moved to Australia where it is very hot, and my Canadian skin sweats a lot - this product seems to soak up the shine from my face.

If you are interested in this product I would suggest speaking with a sales consultant to help you choose the correct colour as colours are somewhat limited. Despite this, the foundation matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

You guys? I think I'm in love.. This is the best foundation for me right now. It looks natural, I feel glowing.. And it's made without that itchy Bismuth ingredient that some mineral makeups have.. I am so happy. The packaging is also good. There is a screen inside the pot which the powder shakes out from, so that's a bit different from usual and I do like it..One tip, the powder may get on your clothing but it rubs off easily. What's wonderful is you can apply this with a kabuki brush or a powder puff and either way will look just as good. The finish is natural, not chalky like other mineral makeups were.
I am somewhat fair medium and I bought three shades in the level two range.. The girl at the store helped me choose level two. 202 Natural Vanilla is a good natural white shade, I don't see any yellow or pinks or orange in this. 208 golden vanilla seems like a warm color, a nice warmth but it was slightly dark for my tone so I mixed some 202 over it and now it's a nice shade of sun kissed. Did not get to try 205 rose vanilla but will do that tomorrow.
I have sensitive combination acne rosacea prone skin and I will continue to buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by teknologik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not naive. I didn't think this would be a miracle worker in terms of covering up acne scars, but I thought it would at least minimize them. Wrong. However, it does even out my skin-tone. I'd say this is a sheer-coverage foundation. This product does, despite what TBS claims, settle into fine lines and makes my pores look horrible. Like other reviewers have said, the texture is very chalky.

My skin is very sensitive and immediately when I put this on, my skin itches, my lips get irritated and swell and my eyes get red. I tried explaining to the girls who sold me this that talc, mica and bismuth oxychloride irritate my skin and they were flabbergasted. They didn't believe it. I stupidly bought this product after they suggested it was all the "un-natural" ingredients in other products that were causing a reaction. Whatever, lesson learned. I'll trust my gut next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by TessaDupuisxo

This product was my first foundation, and I still use it. The Body Shop is great at matching your exact color and finding what works best with your skin. I use the rose ivory shade and it gives a very natural not cakey look to your skin! It looks so natural and feels weightless, while still giving good coverage. It's a little pricey, 30$ but I think it's worth it. The packaging is small and easy to bring with you everywhere!
Definitely have/will continue to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by SonaliK

i use this foundation for daily wear and it looks just amazing! my skin just looks so natural! i don't require much coverage, just enough to even out skin tone, and this does the job perfectly. love the texture and the best thing is my skin has never broken out with this foundation! i use the kabuki brush from the body shop to put this on! will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by mena86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really bad coverage, chalky consistency. Not impressed!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like the texture of this powder, which is very fine. However, I think it was the brush I used, but the first time I used, it made my face look really powdery and made me look like I obviously had makeup on. I haven't used it again, so I hope to grab a better brush someday and try it again. The packaging was okay, but since it's loose powder, then obviously it's going to get everywhere and it creates a mess. The price was a bit high though.