The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen), Kaolin (Absorbent), Illite (Anticaking Agent). [May Contain: Mica (Opacifier), Iron Oxides (Colour), Titanium Dioxide (Colour)].

on 5/17/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product along side the Body Shop Oil Free Balancing Foundation, because the two products complement each other well. Unlike the liquid foundation though, I did actually enjoy my time using this product.

As I've said in my previous Body Shop foundation review, I appreciate the natural composition of their products. This powder sits very lightly on the skin and gives off a very well blended, smooth and even skin tone. I use this mineral powder with my other foundation products from various other brands, as well.

Pros:
- this powder is light coverage
- this powder is very light in composition, so will allow your pores to breathe
- this powder sets liquid foundations very well, without needing to build up, on the foundation

Cons:
- this powder is not waterproof, of course and will not only wash off with just the use of plain water, it rubs off during the day onto clothing, your hands when you touch your cheek, and just about everything else it comes into contact with, so be careful with it.

on 3/18/2014 10:00:00 AM

I have been using this on and off because of how basic the product is and doesnt cause any irritation however... the colour and oil control are terrible!
Body shop are awful at matching skin tones to Asians indians especially but this product looks like a orange dirty tan on my skin!
It looks terrible and makes my face look like an oil stick by at least mid day. The product however doesnt break me out at all but was not willing to look that bad as a compromise for it!

The packaging is terrible too, very messy and not easy to carry around or re apply during the day.

Id opt for the Mac Blot Powder, gentle daily oil control basic powder or any selected pressed powders since they are less messy and will match your skin tone.

Not worth a re purchase and trying to get rid of my current half used product!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Horrid.

First. Color matching was not good. I had an associate help me and she couldn't find a perfect match. I'm pretty fair, but not ghostly or anything and there wasn't a shade truly light or warm.enough for.me, but settled for something close thinking it'll work a until I get a bit not tan. Well. To my dismay, it only gets darker as the day wears on.

And that's another issue. The wear. The associate told me it's great for oily skin, that it will meld with the skin and last all day with out transfer... was she high? That's detrimental happened! I looked a hot mess in a few hours... so oily, dark, blotchy.....No no no.

Got this because I was looking for something I can slap on for lazy days that my oily skin can handle. I used to use tinted moisturizers but my skin changed an it wasn't doing it anymore. I really like body shop skin care an body care, but, man, was this awful. Sorely disappointed.

on 2/18/2014 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Terrible mineral powder foundation. I myself love matte formulas, but this was almost gritty to me in texture. It gave very little coverage to the skin, and while it did leave a matte finish, there was almost nothing in terms of appearing foundation-like. This might be good as an absorbent mineral powder OVER regular foundation, but as a mineral foundation it did not compare at all to Bare Minerals or even some drugstore brands I've tried (Almay, Revlon). Okay for a $5 purchase, but I'm glad I didn't spend more. Plus, the sifter screen was a joke. Too much product wasted. Just meh.

on 1/8/2014 11:36:00 AM

This is a superb powder that really gives skin a beautiful matte finish.
I got the shade golden vanilla which is a nice tan shade it's darker then my natural yellow skin but I wanted a darker shaded powder to tone down the paleness that my sunscreen gives me.
You do have to use this with a good powder brush otherwise it would just streak on skin, it lasts for a few hours but it does not provide you with a matte look for long, you will have to blot in a hour or so, the SPF 25 is enough for the winter.
It contains simple no unnecessary ingredients so great 4 my sensitive skin.
It's a good powder.

on 12/15/2013 9:01:00 PM

I had been thinking lately about purchasing a new foundation when I happened to come across this, and was thinking about trying mineral foundation again anyways. I've tried every kind and brand of foundation out there and the only 2 that look legitimately NATURAL, smooth, naturally matte, and that my skin react well to are Benefit's Some-Kinda-Gorgeous compact foundation, and The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Mineral powder foundation. This foundation is amazing. I have very dry, hypersensitive skin that will break out the more dry it is. I feel that having a barrier of well-hydrated skin helps to prevent acne, and this foundation definitely did not irritate my skin at all. Felt extremely light and smooth, the color was a perfect match ( I got 305 natural beige), and I am NC40-NC45 in Mac. I was concerned that this, because it is a powder, would dry my skin out further and irritate it, however, this was not the case. If you have dry skin, but are like me and prefer a matte finish definitely give this a try. I got mine on sale so it was only $10, it's usually $20, I think ? If your skin is dry be sure to use a nice moisturizing cream before applying this. Also, it does not have a ton of coverage, but is perfect for daily use for those without much acne or who do not need a ton of coverage like myself. If you need more coverage use some concealer and this over top. Lasts pretty well, has a nice matte but very natural finish, is great for sensitive skin, and feels like you have nothing on. Thumbs up !

on 12/2/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a nice powder foundation, that's it, it's "nice". Quite smooth, a little buildable, but if you want more than light coverage then you'll know you're wearing it, as it's quite heavy on the skin. It's never broke me out though. This was my "go to" powder foundation, but for the price and considering how long it lasts, you may as well pay an extra £10 and go for BareMinerals powder foundation.

on 10/30/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've recently stopped using foundation to let my skin breath. I use concealer and bronzer instead. When I first bought this, I thought it would give a light coverage, 'balance' my reddish colour and be good to my skin (just so that I could use less concealer).

The thing is that I can barely tell the difference between when I'm wearing this or not. It neither feels or looks as if it's there. Very natural, but also a bit dissapointing. Perhaps I would like it more if i had no pimples at all. But for now I will buy another concealer instead.
I label this one as GHOST-MAKEUP.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have had my little pot for quiet a while, as I struggle to bring myself to using it.
It has a light to medium coverage and is very matte. And I mean matte to the point of looking dry chalky and dead. Sadly, I do not have setting spray to correct that dry dead look. I guess I would like it better if I had.
It is good for oily skin but that does not change the super dry finish.
The packaging isn't that great as the sifter lets out too much product.
The price...far too expensive for the performance it gives. Luckily, I have a love your body card and used a voucher.
I may try and finish it off now summer is on the way and my skin will inevitably turn into an oil factory. So hopefully that will counteract the dryness.
Personally, I much prefer the ELF Mineral Foundation as it looks more natural and has better coverage.

on 3/25/2013 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was recommended this as I have sensitive skin, it definitely does not irritate my skin so thumbs up there. As for coverage, it looks very natural though I would have to say there are not many shades and so it will not suit everyone