December 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I normally only wear Loreal MB primer (oil free version) & BE Tinted MV but in my mid 40's, I want/need a little more coverage so I decided to purchase a travel size of this in medium beige a few weeks ago & now I'm in love. The shade is perfect for my medium skin tone. It blends in well & looks natural. It makes my skin look smooth & nearly flawless. It still looks great even at the end of the day! It is expensive but you don't need a lot. The travel size lasted me over a week so I know the regular size bottle will last me for months. And you can find it online for a lot less anyway. However, that said, a foundation that works this well & looks this great on my skin, is well worth it, even at regular price. With the primer & a light dusting of MV on top, my skin is "Perfection", well close enough anyway. :-) I definitely recommend this foundation & would absolutely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by BeckieDistance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this at a makeup counter, it is a sheer to medium coverage which I like. I like the feel and look if the foundation when on, it looks like a second skin, it has a nice scent and it's not an overpowering smell. The only con about the foundation is it doesn't stay on my skin very well, I have super oily skin and within an hour there's nothing left on my t-zone however it doesn't go patchy or cakey when I get oily which is a good thing! When I re-powder it still looks good! I think it has more pro's than con's. I will deffo purchase a full size!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hve used this product both times- the old formula and the new one and I found the shades weren't that great in either. I expected a good coverage but found that I really needed to build it up and didn't give my skin the wow factor!. I have combination skin but rarely get spots but I just found that this didn't do much for me atall.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by BoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When thinking of wether or not to purchase this product you can become very confused! There are a lot of other amazing foundations e.g Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. This particular foundation is one of Dior's best sellers!

This foundation comes in two formulas. I am reviewing the one that provides a medium to full coverage.

The product comes in a frosted glass bottle and a blue plastic lid with the CD logo in top. There are silver linings separating the lid from the bottle and this have DIORSKIN engraved in to them. The foundation also has a handy pump which makes handling the liquid much easier! In short the packaging is luxurious and handy!

The shade ranges are very wide in this particular foundation and each one has a code. Depending on what the code ends in and the number in the middle will determine your match. My shade is 050 for example 5 is my correct shade and the number 0 at the end means I have a neutral undertone. You then get the standard yellow undertone ending in 2 and a pink undertone ending in 5.

Upon application the foundation is very soft and glides very easily across the face providing a full coverage almost instantly! The product also allows you to build up as necessary to get a more full effect. The one thing I noticed with this foundation is that it is best applied with the fingers to start, should you with to build this up then a second layer with a blending sponge is ideal. I tried to use a foundation brush but the product is very very quick to set and this then leaves an uneven coverage.

Despite being a fluid the foundation leaves a matte yet very hydrated look to the skin. I'm not sure how Dior intended the finish to be? However I find that using the Illamasqua Matte Veil contributes well to the longevity of the product. However just for you guys I went a few days without using a primer and the foundation lasted ages! I checked my face at the 8 hour mark and needed a slight touch up with La Mer loose powder in the shade translucent (slight oil breaks in my T-Zone) and it was good to go for another 4-5 hours!

As you can expect from Dior the product has an amazing scent to it kind of like a sweet and floral scent that is not overpowering however it is noticeable. I am a fragrance driven person and fall for anything with a good scent however for you people who do not like scent or are sensitive to fragrances then I recommend you do not buy this straight away, go to the counter for a sample or even use the tester available to get a up close and personal use before splurging your hard earned cash!

Another great thing about this foundation is that it provides SPF25! Which is always a good thing!

The product retails for around £33 in the UK and is available in all majors department stores that have a Dior counter.

Overall, an amazing foundation that lives up to its expectations however the application is slightly hindered due to the quick setting of the product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pinkypoy

i apply this with a beauty blender & when I first apply this foundation my skin looks AMAZING. however after 2-3 hours my t-zone looks sooo oily, the foundation oxidises really badly, and my skin looks incredibly dull. I always use a moisturiser before for oily skin & I have tried this foundation with Diorskin pore minimising primer but it still settles into my pores & fine lines. I really wanted to love this foundation but after trying with different primers, different powders & different application techniques the result is always the same. Awful looking dull skin. (unless you only want to look flawless for an hour) it might be okay on normal skin but if you have even a slightly oil prone face then I WOULD NOT recomm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, which I liked in terms of staying power, coverage, and finish, but it wasn't (at least for me) sweat-proof. It would wear off and turn patchy when I sweat. So I was hoping to find a liquid foundation that was similar, but more suitable for summer. I went to Sephora and got 3 samples. Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream (almost no coverage) and Kat Von D Lock-It (way too thick, acsencuated my flaws, and color was way too orange) and this was the last one. I didn't really know what to expect from this foundation. I really didn't expect to like it. But this stuff is amazing. The coverage is great, it is super easy to apply, it never looks cakey, and once this is on, it stays on. It also doesn't transfer like so many other foundations seem too. It even holds up when I sweat. Using the Color IQ from Sephora, I was matched to shade 023 Peach. I was concerned it would be way too light, but it is perfect. In fact, I think it's one of the best matches I've found. This is the first Dior product I've tried. I was a little hesitant to purchase a full-sized bottle of this, because at $49.00 it is definitely a splurge for me, but I loved it so much, I did anyway. I'm so glad I did.

The first time I used this foundation, after I had my makeup completely done, I realized I'd forgotten my primer. But I was running late, and decided to just go with it. Even without primer, this makeup stayed on until I took it off. One of my favorite things about this foundation is the finish. It looks like real skin, not like you are wearing a ton of makeup. It makes me feel confident and pretty when I wear it. Which for me, is a huge deal.

This foundation is great for people with very oily skin. you apply it and you don't have to worry about touching it up. In addition to being oily, my skin is also extremely allergy-prone. This foundation hasn't given me any issues with that either. I will purchase this over and over again. I highly recommend this makeup.

EDIT: While this is still a wonderful foundation, it definitely is NOT sweat-proof. I was sweating like crazy today, and my makeup was running all down my forehead. The color isn't that great either. When I first apply it, it looks great, but then it oxidizes something terrible and gets at least 2 shades darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by izabellafryze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation , but it makes me look dull. I got it in shade 30, it gives a matte finish( which is a good thing for me since I have an extremely oily t-zone) and it doesn't rub off unlike most foundations . It is expensive , €48 in Ireland . I'm giving this foundation a 4 out of 5 because of the fact it's good for oily skin, just not my shade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for about a week now after it was recommended to me at my local Sephora counter. First off, the packaging is very sleek and classy. Frosted glass bottle with a CD monogram on the top, foundation had a pump which is always a plus. The first thing I noticed off the back as I pumped the foundation is the scent. It's not an unpleasant scent but it is definitely strong and takes some getting used too. After the foundation sets the scent seems to go away. I find this foundation to be medium coverage but it's able to be built to a fuller coverage. I apply this with a sigma f80 flat kabuki and I find this to be great for a better coverage. For a more sheer coverage I use the beauty blender. The foundation blends seamlessly it's so beautiful on the skin and give a semi matte finish. I find it wears well but around a couple hours later I find myself getting a little more dewy than I prefer but that could be my combo skin. I'd definitely repurchase. Overall, I'm loving it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Rachb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had this foundation for a month now and have struggled to come to a conclusion on whether I really like it or not... which leads me to conclude that, especially considering the price, I would not buy this foundation again.

Pros: This foundation has a nice coverage. It smells very pleasant. The bottle has a pump which helps not to waste any of the product. In some lights, you appear to have a healthy glow.

Cons:
* Coverage - not great... although it is slightly buildable I still find that my skin looks uneven. And, even worse, this foundation seems to sit in the lines of my face making me look old & tired (I am only 27)! This is the main reason for my 2 lipstick rating.
* Colours - I was not impressed with the range of colours & have struggled to find a correct match. I have skin that is a neutral tone but find that the '020' is a little orangey
* Wear - This is not particularly long wearing. It will smudge/move if you touch it. I have to touch up several times a day even when I have worn a powder on top
* Price - considering all of the above & the amount of touch-ups required this is a very over-priced foundation!

I would never recommend this foundation to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by bekahfelly94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've used this product now every day for about a fortnight now, so I can write an honest review.
I was searching high and low for a new foundation after I didn't get one with Chanel Perfect Lumiere and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow . This foundation has become my new HG foundation I will defiantly be repurchasing. For my colour match I was I between 010 Ivory and 020 Light Beige so I chose ivory. A little pale but it is a good colour match. Is an absolute dream to apply one pump is usually enough and blends so quickly. Coverage is perfect, I find it so build-able I can go from a quick sweep to a night out so easily. Defiantly not as full coverage as Double Wear by Estée Lauder but I like having the option to build it up. It is quite a fluid liquid formula, similar to Vita Lumiere Aqua, but I personally like that, as it feels soft, hydrating and avoids being "claggy". However it does set fast a quick hand is needed. Does have an obvious scent that so many French and European cosmetic brands have, but it is delicate and nowhere near as strong as Vita Lumiere Aqua. Finally the packaging is just so luxurious, a classy thick glass bottle with a silver pump.