November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by BoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When thinking of wether or not to purchase this product you can become very confused! There are a lot of other amazing foundations e.g Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. This particular foundation is one of Dior's best sellers!

This foundation comes in two formulas. I am reviewing the one that provides a medium to full coverage.

The product comes in a frosted glass bottle and a blue plastic lid with the CD logo in top. There are silver linings separating the lid from the bottle and this have DIORSKIN engraved in to them. The foundation also has a handy pump which makes handling the liquid much easier! In short the packaging is luxurious and handy!

The shade ranges are very wide in this particular foundation and each one has a code. Depending on what the code ends in and the number in the middle will determine your match. My shade is 050 for example 5 is my correct shade and the number 0 at the end means I have a neutral undertone. You then get the standard yellow undertone ending in 2 and a pink undertone ending in 5.

Upon application the foundation is very soft and glides very easily across the face providing a full coverage almost instantly! The product also allows you to build up as necessary to get a more full effect. The one thing I noticed with this foundation is that it is best applied with the fingers to start, should you with to build this up then a second layer with a blending sponge is ideal. I tried to use a foundation brush but the product is very very quick to set and this then leaves an uneven coverage.

Despite being a fluid the foundation leaves a matte yet very hydrated look to the skin. I'm not sure how Dior intended the finish to be? However I find that using the Illamasqua Matte Veil contributes well to the longevity of the product. However just for you guys I went a few days without using a primer and the foundation lasted ages! I checked my face at the 8 hour mark and needed a slight touch up with La Mer loose powder in the shade translucent (slight oil breaks in my T-Zone) and it was good to go for another 4-5 hours!

As you can expect from Dior the product has an amazing scent to it kind of like a sweet and floral scent that is not overpowering however it is noticeable. I am a fragrance driven person and fall for anything with a good scent however for you people who do not like scent or are sensitive to fragrances then I recommend you do not buy this straight away, go to the counter for a sample or even use the tester available to get a up close and personal use before splurging your hard earned cash!

Another great thing about this foundation is that it provides SPF25! Which is always a good thing!

The product retails for around £33 in the UK and is available in all majors department stores that have a Dior counter.

Overall, an amazing foundation that lives up to its expectations however the application is slightly hindered due to the quick setting of the product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pinkypoy

i apply this with a beauty blender & when I first apply this foundation my skin looks AMAZING. however after 2-3 hours my t-zone looks sooo oily, the foundation oxidises really badly, and my skin looks incredibly dull. I always use a moisturiser before for oily skin & I have tried this foundation with Diorskin pore minimising primer but it still settles into my pores & fine lines. I really wanted to love this foundation but after trying with different primers, different powders & different application techniques the result is always the same. Awful looking dull skin. (unless you only want to look flawless for an hour) it might be okay on normal skin but if you have even a slightly oil prone face then I WOULD NOT recomm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, which I liked in terms of staying power, coverage, and finish, but it wasn't (at least for me) sweat-proof. It would wear off and turn patchy when I sweat. So I was hoping to find a liquid foundation that was similar, but more suitable for summer. I went to Sephora and got 3 samples. Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream (almost no coverage) and Kat Von D Lock-It (way too thick, acsencuated my flaws, and color was way too orange) and this was the last one. I didn't really know what to expect from this foundation. I really didn't expect to like it. But this stuff is amazing. The coverage is great, it is super easy to apply, it never looks cakey, and once this is on, it stays on. It also doesn't transfer like so many other foundations seem too. It even holds up when I sweat. Using the Color IQ from Sephora, I was matched to shade 023 Peach. I was concerned it would be way too light, but it is perfect. In fact, I think it's one of the best matches I've found. This is the first Dior product I've tried. I was a little hesitant to purchase a full-sized bottle of this, because at $49.00 it is definitely a splurge for me, but I loved it so much, I did anyway. I'm so glad I did.

The first time I used this foundation, after I had my makeup completely done, I realized I'd forgotten my primer. But I was running late, and decided to just go with it. Even without primer, this makeup stayed on until I took it off. One of my favorite things about this foundation is the finish. It looks like real skin, not like you are wearing a ton of makeup. It makes me feel confident and pretty when I wear it. Which for me, is a huge deal.

This foundation is great for people with very oily skin. you apply it and you don't have to worry about touching it up. In addition to being oily, my skin is also extremely allergy-prone. This foundation hasn't given me any issues with that either. I will purchase this over and over again. I highly recommend this makeup.

EDIT: While this is still a wonderful foundation, it definitely is NOT sweat-proof. I was sweating like crazy today, and my makeup was running all down my forehead. The color isn't that great either. When I first apply it, it looks great, but then it oxidizes something terrible and gets at least 2 shades darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by izabellafryze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation , but it makes me look dull. I got it in shade 30, it gives a matte finish( which is a good thing for me since I have an extremely oily t-zone) and it doesn't rub off unlike most foundations . It is expensive , €48 in Ireland . I'm giving this foundation a 4 out of 5 because of the fact it's good for oily skin, just not my shade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for about a week now after it was recommended to me at my local Sephora counter. First off, the packaging is very sleek and classy. Frosted glass bottle with a CD monogram on the top, foundation had a pump which is always a plus. The first thing I noticed off the back as I pumped the foundation is the scent. It's not an unpleasant scent but it is definitely strong and takes some getting used too. After the foundation sets the scent seems to go away. I find this foundation to be medium coverage but it's able to be built to a fuller coverage. I apply this with a sigma f80 flat kabuki and I find this to be great for a better coverage. For a more sheer coverage I use the beauty blender. The foundation blends seamlessly it's so beautiful on the skin and give a semi matte finish. I find it wears well but around a couple hours later I find myself getting a little more dewy than I prefer but that could be my combo skin. I'd definitely repurchase. Overall, I'm loving it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Rachb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had this foundation for a month now and have struggled to come to a conclusion on whether I really like it or not... which leads me to conclude that, especially considering the price, I would not buy this foundation again.

Pros: This foundation has a nice coverage. It smells very pleasant. The bottle has a pump which helps not to waste any of the product. In some lights, you appear to have a healthy glow.

Cons:
* Coverage - not great... although it is slightly buildable I still find that my skin looks uneven. And, even worse, this foundation seems to sit in the lines of my face making me look old & tired (I am only 27)! This is the main reason for my 2 lipstick rating.
* Colours - I was not impressed with the range of colours & have struggled to find a correct match. I have skin that is a neutral tone but find that the '020' is a little orangey
* Wear - This is not particularly long wearing. It will smudge/move if you touch it. I have to touch up several times a day even when I have worn a powder on top
* Price - considering all of the above & the amount of touch-ups required this is a very over-priced foundation!

I would never recommend this foundation to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by bekahfelly94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've used this product now every day for about a fortnight now, so I can write an honest review.
I was searching high and low for a new foundation after I didn't get one with Chanel Perfect Lumiere and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow . This foundation has become my new HG foundation I will defiantly be repurchasing. For my colour match I was I between 010 Ivory and 020 Light Beige so I chose ivory. A little pale but it is a good colour match. Is an absolute dream to apply one pump is usually enough and blends so quickly. Coverage is perfect, I find it so build-able I can go from a quick sweep to a night out so easily. Defiantly not as full coverage as Double Wear by Estée Lauder but I like having the option to build it up. It is quite a fluid liquid formula, similar to Vita Lumiere Aqua, but I personally like that, as it feels soft, hydrating and avoids being "claggy". However it does set fast a quick hand is needed. Does have an obvious scent that so many French and European cosmetic brands have, but it is delicate and nowhere near as strong as Vita Lumiere Aqua. Finally the packaging is just so luxurious, a classy thick glass bottle with a silver pump.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I like the way it blends into my skin but thats about it. It makes me look dull and it oxidies badly. I'm between nc20/25 and bought this in 021, if your set on buying go lighter! I'm returning it, its not worth the hassle to make it work for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really is a beautiful foundation, just not on my skin unfortunately. I have dry skin, am NW15/20, 4 in Giorgio Armani for color reference and I ordered the lightest shade 010 Ivory. The foundation looked wonderful when first applied, but that lasted about 30 minutes until it oxidized on me and turned orange. I've not had troubles with foundations oxidizing on me until this one, but every foundation's ingredients adapts differently to each person. After about 30 minutes of application my skin felt tight like I had a face mask on. I'm giving this 3 lippies because it really is a gorgeous foundation and if you can find the right shade then I think this could really work. Packaging is divine, frosted glass bottle that looks very elegant. Not sure if it's best suited for dry skin types, but hey if it works for ya then it's worth the price!

PS-For you dry skin girls like myself I recommend Shiseido's Radiant Lifting Foundation- full coverage, crazy pigmentation, dewy, long-lasting foundation that is my current HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product:
It is a relatively watery liquid foundation that will definitely run down your hands if you tilt it. It gives medium coverage. It doesn't build up that well so I personally do not use it to spot cover problem areas. When applied to the skin, it feels very thin, and sets very very fast. So make sure to use a quick hand while applying it. It is extremely easy to spread, but not too blendable (matches its thin formula). I'd say it covers redness well except for those purple-ish red pimples. It covers 80% of my acne scars, which means i still conceal over it.
It's pretty good with my oily t-zone; i set it with a setting powder after I apply it and I only need to powder/blot it once throughout an 8 hour day. This foundation also does not transfer. If i talk on the phone, there will be no marks left behind on the screen. But if you're sweating your balls, then it will probably have some minimal transferring.
Note that this foundation also has that typical Dior foundation scent, which i absolutely adore. If you're scent sensitive, I suggest you to go in store it and smell it :P

Price:
The price is not high compared to other foundations that are sold in Sephora, and especially when it's Dior. However, it's still on the higher end of the price range. Well is it worth is, is a better question to ask. In my opinion, yes it is. It is my favourite foundation because it does everything I want it to do. Put it in another way, i'd rather spend more money on a foundation that requires less blotting, less hassle with a perfect colour match than spending less on a foundation that does weird things to my skin, moves around throughout the day,etc.

Packaging:
Very luxurious, high end packaging but very bulky. It can be a hassle to travel with it as it's heavy (made with glass) and takes up a good amount of space in my makeup bag. So i'd recommend you putting a small amount in another container.
The pump is great! Good control over it and not messy.

How I use it:
I usually apply this with a flat foundation brush since I find that this foundation does not require blending; in face, it looks bad and streaky with blending. I start with the right side of my cheek, then my left cheek, chin, nose, and then forehead (no reason for this order, it just works for me). Then i set it with a setting powder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin Type: Normal with Oily T-zone
Skin Issues: Redness, Acne scarring/ Hyperpigmentation, Breakouts/Pimples, Oiliness
Skin Concern: Break out to Cyclopentasiloxane
Eye Colour: True Brown
Eyelash Type: Thin, medium length, hard/stiff, pretty full
Eyebrow Type: Full
Hair Type: Dry near the ends, oily at the roots. I wash my hair every other day. Coloured once. Not damaged.
Hair Colour: Brown
Skin Colourings:
ALMAY Wake-Up Liquid Foundation - 020 Buff
BAREMINERALS Original Foundation - Medium Beige (a tad too dark)
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector - Natural
CLINIQUE Even Better Makeup - Ivory 003
DIOR DiorSkin BB Creme - Fair 002
DIOR DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF - Cameo 022
DIOR DiorSkin Nude Foundation - Cameo 022
MAC Face and Body Foundation - C2
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation - NC 25 (a tad too yellow)
MAC Studio Fix Powder - NC 25 (a tad too yellow)
MAKEUP FOREVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation - 120