August 29, 2014 | 1364 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Jennytherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product!

I use this by dabbing my MAC 129 and swirl it on my skin. I get as much coverage as I want since it is easily buildable.

It lasts all day, but the desired look is best kept if I wear a moisturizer underneath.

My new favourite powder (replacing Sensai Kanebo total finish).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so on the fence about this powder because it seems to have multiple personalities. Some days it goes on looking very cakey while other days, it applies and looks as smooth as silk. Some days it lasts for hours while other days, I'm blotting before noon. Some days it looks natural while other days, the disco-ball effect can be seen. And yes, this was applied over the same foundation (MAC Matchmaster).

I've honestly never seen a powder quite like this one.

I'll finish it out, but the inconsistency is leaning me towards not repurchasing. In addition, the package design is also a downer: no mirror and no applicator (or place to store an applicator).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by PhilomenaY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm kinda pissed cos I am nc30 but the lady matched me to light plus, maybe the lighting... Really nice powder but not much coverage cos it's too light. Oh well. I'll definitely buy again but I'll get medium plus. Lesson learned and a really expensive lesson! ($48 in Singapore) Other than that, I highly recommend! If you need more coverage or if you have drier skin, i would go for the studio carablend as it feels more silky unlike this, more powdery. To take note, it isn't completely matte, it has tiny shimmers, not a lot, this makes it look really natural on your skin and and makes you glow almost! Beautiful finish! :) Lasts for 4 hours on me which is pretty good! FYI: I'm only oily round my nose and just a bit on my chin and forehead! A must have for me. First product I ever got from MAC ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

My search for the perfect pore-minimizing pressed powder continues, but I am pretty impressed with this stuff, which I received from a lovely swapper. It mattifies, but it also illuminates a bit (the minerals?) so if you are looking for a strictly mattifying powder without any reflective qualities I'd go for that "old faithful" Blot instead.
It has more coverage than I usually get, the color is impressively neutral--more yellow than pink, which I prefer in a powder--and I've noticed that I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin when I wear it. So either it's a great powder or people can just see that I'm wearing makeup and feel compelled to say something. Ha.
However, I must remove a lippie because there is no mirror or puff in the compact, which makes no sense! Powder is one of the few things that it's acceptable to touch up in public, and it's annoying to have to lug around another (first-world problems, but still!) and a brush.
Would probably not buy again (I wish you could do B2M for credit/other items than lipstick and eyeshadow) but would gladly swap for another so I could keep it in the arsenal. If I do buy a MAC powder it will probably be that the more basic and practical Blot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by hellokitteeluv

At first, I was skeptical of this powder, because of it's high price tag. But, the more and more I used it, the more I enjoyed it and realized it was a very high quality product. It doesn't look cakey or powdery on my face, but yet it gives good coverage. I'm a little darker now, because of the summer but I find the product doesn't look different from my current foundation shade of skin type, it actually blends in quite nicely. Good product and will repurchase and try more MAC powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

My all time favorite!!! I've already used up 3 of them. I have oily t zone and I use this to set my make up. It do help to hold ur make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Muse89

Awesome product, my HG powder. I have super oily skin but this powder keeps the sebum at bay and it looks really natural, hard to make it look cakey, which a lot of powder do but this one just makes the skin look so beautiful and natural. My favorite favorite powder, too bad the price is a little high but it's totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by MariaBendtsen

I finally found my HG product!!
This doesn't break me out and it keeps my very oily t-zone matte for most of the day! It's kinda pricey, but it is definitely worth it! I love this :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by wintermilk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This my HG powder.

I am a freckled ginger with dry skin who is very pale! This powder applies perfectly to set my makeup without covering up too many freckles. It is very fine and it makes my skin feel incredibly soft and doesn't dry out my moisturizers underneath. Doesn't feel like you're wearing it at all and doesn't make me look dusty.

I wear light plus over Smashbox's SheerFocus tinted moisturizer in fair and the combo gives me a healthy even glow.

After I purchased it the first time I thought it was too expensive and went back to drugstore brands. After wasting money twice on horrible powders I gave in and went back to MSFN. Will be repurchasing from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by materialface

-This is my everyday powder to set whichever foundation or tinted moisturizer that i use. It works well over almost all of my foundations. Because I do use it everyday, I start to wonder if there is a better powder out there but I will continue to repurchase.
-There are days that this powder seems to cake my face but it could be that I was having a bad skin day or i applied too much. However, this is a great powder and I bought one for my mom and she's in love with it. Light Plus is the perfect color for my fair skin.
-This powder has definitely been a staple in my makeup bag for the longest time. There will only be a few days that I will use a different powder.
-One powder lasts me for approx. 4-5 months.
-Less is more with this powder.