October 24, 2014 | 921 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Suave Professionals Black Raspberry & White Tea

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i agree with the reviewer that said suave products are hit or miss. luckily this was a HUGE HIT! i picked up the duo at target for $3.50 for TWO FULL SIZED PUMP BOTTLES! wth? the only other suave product i use is their clarifying shampoo-bomb stuff and hella cheap. i have fine, thin stick straight asian hair that i color & highlight. anyway, yes the fragrance is a bit strong & artificial but it dissipates very quickly and once dry, leaves behind a softly scented version of the blackberry-very yummy. it lathers fantastically so you dont have to use much. the conditioner was awesome as well and ill leave a review for that. i am super amazed at the quality! ive used high end shampoos (aveda, renee futerer, bb...) and this performs just as well if not better than most of them and the price??? CANT BEAT IT! great job with this professional line suave!
EDIT: doesnt work as well on highlighted hair, so ive switched to a thicker, more emollient product (dove nutrative oils shampoo)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo (I use it with the matching conditioner). My hair is baby fine, color treated, and cut in short, choppy layers. This products lathers well and the conditioner is very moisturizing. Whether I blow dry or air dry my hair is soft, shiny and full of body. It seems to be good for my color as well. I certainly don't find it at all stripping or harsh. The only thing I'm not totally crazy about is the smell. It does smell like raspberry tea but it's quite artificial. Some days I find it irksome but it's definitely not enough to keep me from repurchasing. Overall it's a good, cheap fallback that's worth checking out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Highlighted my hair and was searching for an inexpensive color care shampoo & conditioner. I read good reviews on this suave product. However, it didn't make my hair soft at all. In the shower it felt very very dry. I honestly didn't realize how dry highlights made the hair. I haven't had my hair colored in several years and had only had it highlighted once in my life time. At that time I don't recall it being dry. I flat iron my hair once to two a week, if at all. I usually wear my hair in it natural form. And I air dry. I'm glad the s/c set only cost me $5 at target. I won't be repurchasing. My La Bella made my hair feel much better than this suave product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by qkellie

I'm on my second set of the shampoo and conditioner in this formulation, and I love it! In fact, I love all the scented green-bottle Suave S&C combos, but even though I think the rosemary and mint smells the best, this one definitely works the best for me. Leaves my hair silky, shiny, very manageable, and full of volume, but it's also easier to straighten and holds a curl longer. I don't know that it's doing a whole lot to preserve my hair color between colorings, but I also don't notice my color fading. Suave is so unpredictable as far as performance goes, but this one is a win for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If your a poor girl who was use to using products such as Fekkai, Redken, etc. and can hardly justify the over $20 a bottle of shampoo and condtioner just literally go down the drain; then this shampoo is for you. Of all the drug store brands I have bought, this one is the best. I have just recently tried: Organix moroccan oil shampoo, Garnier Fructis shampoos, Root Awakening, Pantene, and on and on and on. Hated all of them. This one; although not perfect, isn't bad at all. I try to use my Ulta reward points to get a decent conditioner and stick to a this shampoo and get good results. You can usually pick this up for a 1.29! Just bought Suave "Damaging Care" shampoo and conditioner for .99 cents each at grocery store and they are a good bet too. The secret is not to spend a lot of money on your shampoos, but use a good conditioner at least 2x per week and always use a good finishing product. Now if only I could find a substitute for Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and the real MoroccanOil.....tried organix moroccan oil and it's just not the same.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by StormyLotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I will never buy this product again! I do not like the scent at all, it is too powerful for me.
And I noticed the day after I shampooed with it the first time I started breaking out on my scalp. I thought maybe my skin is just being resistant to change, ok, I can work with this short term. Then three days later, and second wash in, I noticed the spots were getting worse and started to become open sores. I have never ever had a reaction like this before and plan to stay far far away from Suave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Suave products are usually hit or miss for me -- some I really like and others are awful. This one is a HIT! I bought the black raspberry & white tea shampoo and conditioner and used them today. My hair looks good! For reference, I have blonde, straight, thin + fine hair, cut in a bob type style. My hair looks bouncy, swingy, and the ends curled under nicely with my round brush when styling (all you straight haired ladies know that some shampoos just won't let your hair hold a curl!). It felt very moisturizing as I applied it in the shower (a little conditioner goes a LONG way) and I was afraid my hair would look stringy and weighed down after drying, but I love how it looks! I would definitely rotate with a clarifying shampoo once a week for preventing build-up, though. As for the scent...I'm fine with it. It's a bit strong, but it's not a bad scent -- I'm not super sensitive to fragrances. My advice? Try this one!
UPDATE: Upping to 5 lippies from 4. I think this is top-notch for a drugstore shampoo. I'm using it in conjunction with the conditioner and my hair hasn't looked this good in long time! Will definitely repurchase and/or stock up.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by katesy82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product with the conditioner every day for almost two weeks, and I am going to keep looking for something else. The smell is just okay, that fakey sweet smell that got old to me by the end of the day. After a week of using this, my hair was lying flat and stringy and didn't look very clean, and my hair felt rougher than before. Just running my hands through my hair, it felt heavy and filmy. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i cant even begin to tell you how fantabulousss this shampoo/conditioner smellll omggg its like rassberryyy canddyyy yummm im ussually a hair/makeup brand snobb but ya this smells too good (: and idgaf whats in it .... i know it has cones... which i try to avoid .... but hair is DEAD anyway ... so F __it :) try this you wont be dissapointed

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by styledriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've switched from the suave rosemary mint to this for my everyday shampoo. I've currently given up on dying my hair because I'm trying to grow it out, and I seriously damamged it over the summer from dying. At first these were ok, but recently I've noticed my hairs a lot more course. So I'm not sure if it's stopped working for me, or I need to use the rosemary mint because I have buildup, or I just need a haircut? And despite this line being for color treated hair, I really doubt these wouldn't strip color like crazy. But I wouldn't really call the Sauvae professional lines comparable to a HE hair products. There nice, but you get what you pay for. If your hair isn't high matience and have special needs, go for these products. But if you dye regularly, or have special needs I'd say find something better.