November 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It took me a while to figure out if I actually liked this or not. When I first rolled it on I smelled play-doh. Seriously. After 10-15 minutes it simmered down and developed into something I *thought* I could smell, and something that, if it were stronger, I would like. I've spent the past few days a little disappointed in this. I read review after review about it smelling "cuddly" or "sensual" and I wasn't really getting that at all.. I was basically getting a scent that was just not "there." Total bummer. It wasn't until tonight that I tried layering the EG with my Nemat Vanilla Musk oil. I put a teeny amount of the vanilla on my wrist and then rolled the eg musk oil (liberally) all over. I could not BELIEVE the amount of longevity and soft, sexy sillage that I finally received. Maybe some people who have written negative reviews are like me.... Expecting something warm and sweet when they read the words "soft" and "cuddly." EG is not that. But it can be if you layer it with a sweet scent. I really, truly love my results.

I'm not positive, but if my little mixture keeps smelling this way I may have just found an HG scent for me. The vanilla notes amplify the musk in egyptian goddess to, well, goddess proportions. I will update in a few weeks to let you know how it goes! :)

*update*
So it's only been a few days, but I went ahead and ordered a full-size bottle of the fragrance oil. I just *know* this fragrance can be beautiful, I just think I may have a pretty old little roll-on tube. I purchased it on Amazon for maybe $4, and am now thinking it was diluted. I read online that a lot of outside companies will dilute the Egyptian Goddess oil to save money which can result in the rubber-ish, play-doh smell. I also read on Auric Blends' Facebook page that they run out of the large bottle quickly, so I am glad I was able to get an order in with the freshest batch. I'll update my review when it comes in!

*UPDATE 6/25/13*
My large bottle came in and it smells like NOTHING! Am I anosmic to this fragrance? I have no idea. All I smell are erasers.

*****UPDATE 8/10/13*****
Ok guys, I just happened to try Kuumba Made's "Water Goddess" and am pleased to report that it smells exactly what I WISHED Auric Blends' Egyptian Goddess would have smelled. It's soft, sweet and extremely cuddly. Maybe you guys should try that one as well and see which one works for you!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by 8olive8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get "clean" or "fresh" at all. What I do get is very faint and smells like pencil shavings, rubber and a drop of sandalwood (basically sandalwood pencils, if that were a thing). Not at all what I was hoping for, based on all the raves and also on the one other Egyptian musk I've tried (fragrantbodyoilz.com). That one does smell fresh and clean and...well, perceptible. The Egyptian Goddess is also kind of sticky and doesn't seem to completely absorb into skin. I'll be sticking with fbo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A grandmother at the preschool where I work actually turned me on to this. She always smelled so good so I asked her what she wore. She told me it was musk oil and came in the next day with a full vial for me to try. I was hooked. After wearing Addict forever I found I like this so much better. I wear it every day and when the kids at school need a lap or a hug they tell me I smell good. There's no better critic then a child who will always let you know what's on their mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by AnimaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not a bad scent, there's actually something pretty or appealing about it, except it's always accompanied by a smell of cheap. For thus reason I am throwing it out, but I would actually be interested in a more refined, better done version of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by chameleon529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One fateful day, a girl sat down next to me in class and i involuntarily exclaimed "you smell SO good! what is that?" Seriously, I just wanted to hug her and smell her forever. She said that her mom burned a lot of incense and that was probably it. Fast forward a couple weeks. I'm in my local head shop and stop at the counter to smell the samples in the auric blends display. Most of them were good, but nothing wowed me until I got to Egyptian Goddess. THAT WAS IT! That was the intoxicating scent I'd caught on that girl. I bought it without hesitation ($6.95??? love) and have worn it every day since. It lasts better than any expensive high end perfume, is subtle and soft yet not in a weak way, is completely alluring and smells like warm skin, slightly powdery, musky, mm so good. It blooms on my skin and seems to enhance my natural scent and then add a little something extra. I get compliments all the time. PERFECTION.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

This is my all time favorite everyday perfume. I get so many compliments from both men and women. Oddly, many men recognize the smell, maybe because it is one of those unisex scents. It's a warm slightly exotic scent, similar to the scent when something is labeled as cashmere or egyptian cotton. It's a musk but not a manly, overwhelming kind. I wear this as my every day perfume but I feel like it is appropriate for night, dressed up at a formal event even. I started out with the roll on bottle and got a 30 ml bottle to fill it, even though now I usually just dab it on from the large bottle. This is an actual oil so it will stay on your skin as long as you want it to and even longer on your clothes. I can still smell it on a jacket or scarf days even weeks after wearing them. I will repurchase this forever and I highly recommend this to all women, it seems to go with everyone's body chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

The quintessential hippie sexy smell. Musk, lotus, storax and myrrh give this a deep, linear, yet soft character. Can be worn to work. Can be worn to bed. Can be worn to a Grateful Dead concert. Loves boho clothes. Loves yoga pants and a hoodie. Goddess like in an earthy, mortal woman way. Smells healthy and sensuous like puppy fur.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really interesting fragrance, and one I had to work hard at to appreciate fully: hopefully my review will prevent those who have just received their bottle and think they are anosmic to the scent from throwing it out!

I initially ordered three Auric Blends oils, among them Egyptian Goddess and Night Queen. I tried EG first--smelled nothing in the glass vial, rolled some on, nothing on my skin. I waited a bit...nothing. I asked my husband to roll some on his arm and tell me what he smelled--he reported it smelled "perfumey but very light". This at least confirmed that the oil smelled of something, even if I couldn't detect it.

The next day I sampled Night Queen and, lo and behold, the driedown reminded me of something...and now I realise the musky base is composed of EG. I persevered with EG and after about 5 wears, I finally smelled the fragrance: a slightly nutty, warm and faintly sweet skin accord which sometimes morphs into something florally fresh on me. It seems that the more the bottle is exposed to air through use, the stronger and faster the scent comes through. Neverheless, it takes about half an hour for my body heat to allow it to bloom, and fresh air helps my nose detect the fragrance. It will remain quiet and undetectable at times, and then waft up in a lovely way when my body temperature fluctuates.

I can't see how anyone could find this perfume unpleasant or in any way overwhelming as it is so subtle. Equally, I find it hard to believe that anyone gets enough sillage out of this to stop people in their tracks; you do need to be close to the wearer to pick it up at all, not that that is a bad thing. To me, this is very much something to wear in the summer heat when the combo of higher temperatures coupled with short sleeves and more skin surface to apply it to allow it to develop fully. This simply isn't a strong enough fragrance to work its way through crisp cold temperatures or layers of woolen sweaters, scarves, and winter coats.

The ultimate appeal of this is how it plays peek-a-boo with the wearer and morphs from earthy-flat to floral whisper all in the same day, how quiet and intimate it is and how grounding a scent experience it provides when one needs a rest from statement fragrances.

I'd give it 3.5 lippies if I could as I do like this very much and will repurchase, but I do think some non-musk component in this oil could easily be amped up just a notch to make this a bit less elusive and frustrating to so many who sample it and ultimately probably write it off prematurely. You shouldn't really have to go through a quarter of a vial just to detect the fragrance in the first place; alas, once you do, it is too comforting a scent to resist.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took a while for me to appreciate this fragrance. I used to be almost completely anosmic to it; the roll-on oil struck me as having a slight woodsy/smoky tinge to it, but without any other distinguishable notes. Seemed like a waste of money.

Well, my chemistry and sense of smell have changed after having my second child-- now, I cannot tolerate the voluptuous florals, edgy chypres, and sweet orientals I used to love, and I am suddenly smitted by downmarket musks (which I used to be barely able to detect). Egyptian Goddess is definitely a musk, perhaps closest in character to Coty Wild Musk. It's less soapy-clean than Jovan or Alyssa Ashley. It is warm, a bit woodsy, and very very soft and powdery. It's what sun-warmed clean skin should smell like. Intoxicatingly layered, yet very subtle and close to the skin. It's my favorite! Would love to try the spray version of it, as I think it would be less messy than the oil-- but can't justify that when I have two roll-ons and a refill bottle of oil. I just make sure to rub it into my neck, chest, and wrists well so it doesn't stain. A yummy, unique, very non-perfumy experience for those with sensitive noses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I wear this pretty regularly, but it reacts to my chemistry in very different ways depending on the day, so I have to test it--sometimes it is nice and fresh and light, other times it can be a little "grandma" on me like a reviewer said below. I have to take a tiny roll-on to try it, see what it is like that day, and either proceed or abort.

I like this strange smell, better than the other ones I got (Rasta and Black Orchid) at Tom's, but even though I wear it several times a week, I wouldn't say it is HG.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No