Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/6/2013 2:05:00 PM

At first when I opened the bottle, I couldn't smell a thing, it was very thick in consistency and went on me like cooking oil. Then I remembered reading reviews of how putting it on a windowsill could help the scent develop. What I did was turn the bottle and gently rolled it, took the cap off and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, took it out and gently rolled it again and put it back in for another 15 seconds. I kept repeating this until the bottle was warm, I had to do this 4 times with my microwave oven, yours may vary. The scent was getting stronger and when I applied to my skin, I could smell it and it was beautiful. It didn't get extremely strong, but I didn't expect it to. All this time I thought I was anosmic. I haven't been able to smell Abdul Kareem's Egyptian Musk, The Body Shop's White Musk, Escentsational's China Musk and now I am thinking I should have hung onto those and tried this. I hope that this may help some who haven't been able to get anything finally derive some pleasure from being able to smell it. I know I am feeling quite pleased that I didn't get a case of buyers remorse once again.

on 11/27/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Add me to the list of believers! I ordered the big container of oil from Amazon and received it yesterday. I opened and was very impressed by the scent. I dabbed some on and was a little concerned that the oil seemed to thick or sticky to rub in, but the concern was unfounded. Once it warmed on my skin, it soaked in and disappeared. As my body heat caused the oil to heat up, the beautiful scent wafted up and I fell inlove. After about an hour, I couldn't really smell it and thought, "Well that didn't last long. Oh well, it's cheap enough I'll just reapply whenever..." I went about my day. When I came home in the evening, my husband who was walking in the door behind me said, "Whatever you're wearing smells really nice." I sniffed my wrist and smelled nothing. I said, "This?" and put my wrist to his nose. And he said, "Yes that's it!" So, it's once of those smells I quickly become anosmic to. Bummer for me, but if others like it, I'll still wear it. Well, others DO like it and they aren't shy about mentioning it. A couple girls at work today have commented on how nice it smells in my office and once girl actually had me write down what it was because she wanted to get some. I let her dab on some and she kept walking around sniffing her wrist. So, this is definitely a crowd pleaser. I just wish my nose let me enjoy it a little longer....

Edit: I have found this gains strength as time goes on. It literally gets stronger in the bottle. Now, several months later, I can now smell this all day long. It still isn't overpowering or anything, but it's "there." The funny thing, I can smell it ambiently, but if I sniff my wrist or chest directly, I get nothing. So it's got to have something to do with chemistry and body heat.

on 9/17/2013 9:50:00 AM

Bought my roll-on from Whole Foods 2 years ago. Egyptian Goddess is a light floral musk with a "golden" smelling musk and no sharp edges whatsoever. It doesn't smell flowery to me, but I think those flowers give this scent a light sweetness. The oil is close wearing but long lasting and enveloping. Inexpensive. This would make a perfect signature scent if I didn't rotate through a closet of other perfumes, and I covet the matching lotion and spray.

I used to use this Nivea shower gel that was pearly blue, and I think it was called "Relaxing Ocean Breeze"--and this smells just like that to me!

This is the scent that made me realize I love Egyptian musk type scents. It's seductive and warm without being loud or sweet, with a tiny dusting of powder. I wear this when I want to feel feminine without shouting at the world with my perfume.

on 7/26/2013 4:16:00 PM

i've been using egyptian goddess since 1993. i have to admit - while i do still love egyptian goddess, i think that something has changed. i've used the roll-on, the oil, the soap, the lotion, and the solids. one thing i will say is this - in the 90s, the glorious scent used to stay for far longer than it does today. i am not sure if the vehicles they're using causes a rapid evaporation, or what. but, the scent in pretty much all of the e.g. products today does not hold well.

that said - of the e.g. products that i am still using (because i refuse to give up), the oil is your best bet. the roll-on seems to be best at holding the scent. the scent dissipates in the solids within a few days of opening them (you don't even have to use it) - today, i have two solids that smell like bees wax, and nothing more and i only received them about a month or so ago. the soap leaves no lingering scent whatsoever and the lotion also leaves no notably lingering scent. though, it smells wonderful when you apply it.

i love egyptian goddess, and i'd love to see them get back to what they were when they started. the products are just a little too expensive to have the scent disappear so quickly.

that's my take!

on 6/17/2013 2:45:00 AM

It took me a while to figure out if I actually liked this or not. When I first rolled it on I smelled play-doh. Seriously. After 10-15 minutes it simmered down and developed into something I *thought* I could smell, and something that, if it were stronger, I would like. I've spent the past few days a little disappointed in this. I read review after review about it smelling "cuddly" or "sensual" and I wasn't really getting that at all.. I was basically getting a scent that was just not "there." Total bummer. It wasn't until tonight that I tried layering the EG with my Nemat Vanilla Musk oil. I put a teeny amount of the vanilla on my wrist and then rolled the eg musk oil (liberally) all over. I could not BELIEVE the amount of longevity and soft, sexy sillage that I finally received. Maybe some people who have written negative reviews are like me.... Expecting something warm and sweet when they read the words "soft" and "cuddly." EG is not that. But it can be if you layer it with a sweet scent. I really, truly love my results.

I'm not positive, but if my little mixture keeps smelling this way I may have just found an HG scent for me. The vanilla notes amplify the musk in egyptian goddess to, well, goddess proportions. I will update in a few weeks to let you know how it goes! :)

*update*
So it's only been a few days, but I went ahead and ordered a full-size bottle of the fragrance oil. I just *know* this fragrance can be beautiful, I just think I may have a pretty old little roll-on tube. I purchased it on Amazon for maybe $4, and am now thinking it was diluted. I read online that a lot of outside companies will dilute the Egyptian Goddess oil to save money which can result in the rubber-ish, play-doh smell. I also read on Auric Blends' Facebook page that they run out of the large bottle quickly, so I am glad I was able to get an order in with the freshest batch. I'll update my review when it comes in!

*UPDATE 6/25/13*
My large bottle came in and it smells like NOTHING! Am I anosmic to this fragrance? I have no idea. All I smell are erasers.

*****UPDATE 8/10/13*****
Ok guys, I just happened to try Kuumba Made's "Water Goddess" and am pleased to report that it smells exactly what I WISHED Auric Blends' Egyptian Goddess would have smelled. It's soft, sweet and extremely cuddly. Maybe you guys should try that one as well and see which one works for you!

on 5/14/2013 12:43:00 AM

I don't get "clean" or "fresh" at all. What I do get is very faint and smells like pencil shavings, rubber and a drop of sandalwood (basically sandalwood pencils, if that were a thing). Not at all what I was hoping for, based on all the raves and also on the one other Egyptian musk I've tried (fragrantbodyoilz.com). That one does smell fresh and clean and...well, perceptible. The Egyptian Goddess is also kind of sticky and doesn't seem to completely absorb into skin. I'll be sticking with fbo.

on 4/21/2013 8:20:00 AM

A grandmother at the preschool where I work actually turned me on to this. She always smelled so good so I asked her what she wore. She told me it was musk oil and came in the next day with a full vial for me to try. I was hooked. After wearing Addict forever I found I like this so much better. I wear it every day and when the kids at school need a lap or a hug they tell me I smell good. There's no better critic then a child who will always let you know what's on their mind.

on 2/8/2013 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Not a bad scent, there's actually something pretty or appealing about it, except it's always accompanied by a smell of cheap. For thus reason I am throwing it out, but I would actually be interested in a more refined, better done version of this.

One fateful day, a girl sat down next to me in class and i involuntarily exclaimed "you smell SO good! what is that?" Seriously, I just wanted to hug her and smell her forever. She said that her mom burned a lot of incense and that was probably it. Fast forward a couple weeks. I'm in my local head shop and stop at the counter to smell the samples in the auric blends display. Most of them were good, but nothing wowed me until I got to Egyptian Goddess. THAT WAS IT! That was the intoxicating scent I'd caught on that girl. I bought it without hesitation ($6.95??? love) and have worn it every day since. It lasts better than any expensive high end perfume, is subtle and soft yet not in a weak way, is completely alluring and smells like warm skin, slightly powdery, musky, mm so good. It blooms on my skin and seems to enhance my natural scent and then add a little something extra. I get compliments all the time. PERFECTION.

Popular Fragrances