November 20, 2014 | 1972 users online

BB Cream - TheFACEShop - Power Perfection BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Caraliss13

Works well for me as I love to keep it light just to even out my skin tone. It does not provide a heavy coverage - if that's what you're looking for than this is not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love these new makeup formulations of BB creams ad CC creams. With skin-caring benefits , high sunscreen protection and makeup concealing abilities, these new creams are much better than the old makeup foundations, at least for me.
I do not need high coverage makeup for everyday, and I don't like the limitations and messiness of foundations, so the BB creams and CC creams are perfect for me!
I wouldn't say that this Power Perfection BB cream conceals blemishes completely, but it does blur out skin flaws and wrinkles, moisturises skin with skin-caring ingredients , gives my skin tone an overall lift and radiance. I brush on a little face powder on top, I use Bourjois powder and it completes my base makeup, I look fresh as a daisy.
I do not need much more makeup after this, just some blusher , mascara and lipstick and black liquid eyeliner (if I'm not in a rush!).
I bought this in Singapore, it was quite pricey, but it comes in quite a big bottle. I find THEFACESHOP products very much overpriced in Singapore in comparison to the quality and ingredients used in their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by flipthecoin888

I am brand new to bb creams but i came across it when i visited the face shop and i am not disappointed! Looks very natural on me and lasts me the whole work day. I dont even powder. It just has that dewy look. My skin is somewhat dry so maybe thats why.

Its just too pricey for 36 bucks at my local face shop, i definitely expected it to be much less than that! My chanel foundation is just $10 more! Expected it to be cheaper since its an asian brand targeting younger peeps.

I love the packaging too, doesnt dispense too much or too little.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by styra

I got this is Seoul, much cheaper than in Singapore. As is everything else overseas compared to here. I don't like this BB cream at all. It's far too thick for the humid weather here. The salesperson actually told me it was for combination skin and the coverage was medium which is good. However, it could be a language problem or something, but the texture of this is sticky and far too thick and definitely not suitable for oily skin.

My face became so so so oily after use. I use BB cream as my makeup base + foundation and use a press powder to finish. I had to constantly use oil blotters when I applied this!
I don't recommend this for humid or summer weather and people with combination to oily skin. The only redeeming factor is that because it is thick, it has good coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by royalpri

(+)
-Long lasting BB cream. It stays for 8-9 hours without touch-up (but with blotting of course. Your face will get a bit oily after 3-4 hours).
-Coverage level is medium. It does cover most of pimples and spots, but for the ones which are very red or dark, still, not really...
-Strong viability. Even when you blot, it stays on your face and will not leave stain or dirt on your paper or tissue. Well, maybe a little yes, but a very small amount.

(-)
-Its texture is a little sticky.
-Too dewey. If you don't use any powder, your face will get oily in no time.
-It's kinda thick, and the shades are pale. If you are a Korean which have a pale looking skin, this might be one of the best for you. But if you have a yellow-toned or darker skin, you have to be extra careful not to put on too much of the product or else it will make you look ghostly white.
-Hard to spread.
-Since it is indeed a long lasting BB cream, it is hard to remove or clean this BB cream from your face. I mean it. Clean your face twice if necessary.
-I don't know whether this is caused by the BB cream's thickness or its formula, but pimples and acnes started to grow like a virus on my face after using this for 1 month.

Conclusion:
I choose "yes" for the repurchase options since it is the best BB cream I've ever tried so far, though it's still causing acnes. I will try BRTC Blemish Recover Balm after this, but if that product will not solve my acne prone skin problem, I will definitely repurchase Face Shop Power Perfection again. kkkkk

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by crypolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in Korea so it was much cheaper than Singapore.
Pros:
I love how easy it is to apply and the coverage is sooo good. It stays on till the end of the day and it covers imperfections as well as a liquid foundation
Cons:
Tad oily. Too little color choice - I bought natural which if I apply thicker, will make me look like a ghost. I learnt the trick so just dab a few spots around and even them out and it's thin enough to cover all the imperfections without looking like a ghost (a pro I guess?)
Love it! Will buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Firstly, I would like to say that I have never been a BB cream kind of girl. Never believed in it and never had the urge to try it out due to the notoriety of BB creams and their impossible two shades (both typically wrong for my yellow undertones).

However, when my aunt passed it onto me, I decided to try it out one day because... why not, right? I didn't expect a miracle or anything of the sort.

Which was why I was pleasantly surprised that, at the end of the day, it held on firmly under my concealer and foundation layers. Don't get me wrong -- if you're more on the yellow side like me and you use too much of this product, you will look too white. Fortunately, I realized this before I put my foundation on and blotted out the excess.

The great thing about this BB cream is that it minimizes your pores and, for me, controlled oil pretty well. Even with primer, my T-zone turns shiny after a few hours but with this cream under it, it only did so after quite some time.

I would purchase this product again after it runs out but I don't think I'll need to just yet. While I'm certainly not converting into a BB cream believer, TFC's Power Perfection does give me a little faith in BB creams in general.

Update: Like a few other reviewers have mentioned, because of its heavier coverage, this formula does feel uncomfortable on your face if your climate is humid (like mine). I wore this during a particularly hot day and my skin was slightly irritated after I removed it. I recommend a strong make-up remover if you're in the same boat, and a hydrating moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkdoctor88

I'm currently using this BB cream. I don't think I will repurchase. It looks really great on my skin at first but after a few hours, it looks cakey and just weird because it smudges off! It is horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

This product does not work on me. Applied it on the left side on my face while using my current MAC studio sculpt on my right. The effects of the BB cream upon first application came out tad too grey/ yellow for my liking. It also made my pores sweat a lot. After applying both sides of my face with MAC pressed powder, the BB cream was cakey under my lids and my pores were more obvious. After an hour plus, the MAC studio sculpt still made my skin more radiant but the BB cream made me look more sallow and yellow. Perhaps this is not the best BB cream for yellow skinned chinese girls with medium skin tone. It did win an award from Her World Singapore though, so maybe it just does not work for me. Price wise, too expensive for a BB cream that does not really have that great an effect on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

I generally rotate between several bb creams and foundations and this is one of my favorite products. I always get compliments whenever I wear this because it gives me a bright natural look. I will never forget the look on my client's face one morning when she saw me. Her eyes became so huge and she told me that she was creeped out by my flawless skin!