Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 4/9/2015 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm surprised to read so many bad reviews! this foundation is just amazing, I just purchased my fourth bottle of this... the color match is just amazing, I'm a medium skin tone with yellowish undertones and its really hard to find a foundation that matches, on this foundation im a color 30 BEIGE.
it is PERFECT match, I even get lots of compliments saying how amazingly skin-like this looks.
because I'm acne prone I do have lots of hyperpigmentation and this is very buildable... however I've never tried the double wear, I'm scared I might not like it as much hmm.

OHHH! I almost forgot... the packaging is just amazing AND the best part is that you can actually unscrew it and finish the entire thing.. or if youll feeling sneaky you could even buy a drugstore foundation and pour it!!

on 4/3/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is no match for double wear! The colour suited me well, I was shade 30. It smells lovely- apricot. However I became oily on my T zone after 5 hours of wear. This would never happen with double wear. I wanted to love this so much, but it just didn't meet my expectations. You might as well buy a high street foundation, as the performance is on that level. I'm shocked that Chanel has made such a lousey product to be honest. If it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't be so disappointed. Oh well back to the Estée Lauder counter I go.

on 4/1/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation when I bought it, I was expecting a medium-buildable coverage, Satin/Semi-Matte finish and long lasting foundation but I cant even get to see what the finished result of this foundation is like because it sets soo quickly that u cant even build the coverage without it looking extremely cakey and patchy? I have normal-dry skin but always have my skin prepped really well and can wear almost any foundation i try so thought it was just this paticular foundation on my skin so I got a sample of VitaLumiere and found that foundation does the same too it must be a Chanel thing. The only way I can get a nice application out of this foundation is if i mix it with Mac Face & Body which helps the product to glide but thins out the coverage other than that I've tried applying it using a RT stipple brush and buffing brush and neither work so if anybody has any suggestions on how to apply this foundation without it caking please let me know!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this foundation but once this runs out I think I'll try a different foundation with a nicer price.
I have oily spot prone skin but I hate completely matte high pigmented foundations this is perfect as it offers a demi matte finish with a nice coverage that is build able. My only problem is that I thought it would give me more of a glow considering its name and how good the sales assistant looked wearing it. I also still have to powder and set it as it's not a miracle worker on my pourous nose and on a hardcore night out doesn't fully last. However, It smells fantastic and comes with pretty packaging that includes a pump.

on 3/3/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It sets really quickly leaving satin finish. I wear it in 40 beige which is tiny bit too light but the undertone is yellowish which suits me very well. it definitely is super long wearing because it lasts on my oily skin all day long and at the end looks just as flawless. The coverage though is hard to build without looking cakey, but I usually only use it to even out my skin tone anyways. It doesn't do much at controlling oil so I always do have to blot however that is what I expected when I was buying it. overall I'm very happy with the longevity of this and flawless finish it leaves on my skin

I bought this just because I fancied a change in foundation (I usually use Clarins Everlasting). The colour was perfect for me and initially I liked the foundation but the coverage is not amazing.

For people with great skin it would be lovely, its light and sits well but I like a more flawless effect and that requires more coverage!

I've gone back to Clarins - their new 18 hour hold one is amazing!

on 2/28/2015 1:46:00 PM

after being recommended by a friend to invest in chanel foundation I must admit I was left disappointed. At first the foundation looks natural but it is hard to build up coverage without it looking too cakey. After a few hours the foundation would start to separate from my skin leaving it very oily and shiny. Doesn't last very long and after a few hours when i wipe my face there is no foundation on the wipe. Overall it gives a natural look but leaves combination skin oilier and the need to blot/ powder numerous times throughout the day.

on 2/14/2015 3:17:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of something to replace my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. As I am aging a bit I am looking to steer away from the super matte finishes and look for something a little more natural looking. I also prefer something with full coverage and long wear.

I was happy Chanel had fair colors of this foundation to match my NW10-NW13 skin tone however I am more neutral not pink. I got the shade B10 which is the lightest beige color but pretty yellow. It matched going on but oxidized to a darker shade; one being too dark for me. Although neutral I can get away with wearing cool tones too so I tried the B12 beige rose shade but it also oxidized and was too dark. Huge bummer! Keep in mind that foundation seems prone to doing so, so pick out a lighter shade (if they have one available.)

The finish was beautiful and looked lovely and natural. Mostly a soft matte. I did get a tiny bit shiny about 4 hours of wear in my tzone and got about 8 hours of wear out of it total.

It reminds me a bit of MAC Pro Longwear, except the coverage (Chanel) is slightly more and this (Chanel) foundation is way more blendable and forgiving. For less than half the price though the MAC might be more bang for your buck. The Pro Longwear lasted longer (10-12 hours) on me and they have more shades to choose from.

on 1/24/2015 12:28:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for years, but I haven't really been using lots of different types of foundation. My skin is pretty unpredictable, and this foundation has worked for my oily, acne-prone/breakout skin, and now is working for my blemished, acne-scarred skin. It provides medium coverage, but you'd have to cake quite a lot on if you wanted full coverage so if you're like me, with scarred skin, you'd still need a concealer. It's fairly pricey though, so it's not something that I would keep purchasing if I wore foundation as my everyday must-do makeup. It leaves a good finish, without getting too oily on my oily t-zone, and doesn't dry out to leave my scars flaky at the end of the day.

I've used Chanel foundation for years, and this foundation does not have enough coverage to me, but it does give a natural appearance as if you aren't wearing makeup. I do have to use powder with this for coverage. This foundation is awesome in the area of keeping oil at bay, you will never have a shiny forehead after wearing this foundation. There were other Chanel foundations that Chanel discontinued that were awesome! The downside is that you might find an awesome shade that matches your skin tone perfectly, and Chanel will discontinue it. You have to go and find another foundation and shade to match your skin tone all over again. Chanel has done this for years and I wish they would quit discontinuing stuff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty