August 27, 2014 | 1539 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HATE IT. For the price this foundation come at and the 'praise' Chanel gets, I was highly disappointed. I have combination skin, and it's more oily in Summer, which is when I purchased this-last summer going into Fall. My friend uses it and she has drier skin (although probably more combination) and it looks amazing on her though. My other friend with dry skin, however, had the same problem as me, which is it is just too greasy and oily. I looked like I was swearing prefusely all day with this on. It didn't cover much, and was just a mess on my face, no matter how much I try to set it with my Lancome pressed powder. If you have combination/oily skin, acne prone skin, like a full coverage, or want to save money- DO NOT GET THIS. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Lilynhii

This is actually my favourite foundation which is a great coverage for scars caused by pimples, the only con to this product is that you need to apply it evenly and quiet fast since it does dry out fast, if you don't apply it evenly it may leave orange patches :/ but it indeed does last for hours maybe a whole day! works great when you apply it evenly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by renaphuah

Pro:
Smells good
Lightweight
Yellow based, great for asian skintone

Cons:
Emphasize pores
Enhances flakiness
Within a few mins, it becomes very pwdery
Very little coverage

Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are matte foundations, then there's this.
If you want something to sit on top of your skin, to look old and have powdery skin go for this. Even Mac's Studio Fix is WAY better, even go for Estee Lauder Double Wear, save yourself!

Even their Face Powders - dont look powdery like this foundation.

And you do NOT want to be flash photographed with this on in daytime.
I've tried to love it or even make it look acceptable, tried different ways different brushes different primers, by itself - everything xox

If you must buy this foundation, wear it at night, daytime/sunlight OMG looks like a BAAD powder job. It oxidises and goes ORANGE, Macs Oxidisation looks far more attractive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always loved Chanel products, so I thought since I've become more of a combination oily skint type recently, I'd give this supposed airbrushes, matte finish a try.
The foundation itself smells lovely and fresh, although the shades are very basic. The 20 Clair is too yellow for my neutral undertone, and the shades above (30) and below (10) are too warm/cool.
Applying this foundation was a task, it was fluid to apply, but was quite difficult to blend. I didn't even know I had dry patches until I tried this foundation! It clung to them all on my forehead. Won't be trying this foundation ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

2nd favourite foundation of all time. I have oily, acne marked skin and it covers and lasts well throughout the day. It has a nice balanced finished which I would describe as velvet, not matte but not glowy either. It can stick to dry areas when I have them so using skin 79s classic BB cream as base works wonders to correct this and makes the foundation last all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get Chanel products where I live, so I was delighted when my sister sent me a nice sized sample of this foundation I heard so much about. The color is 30 Beige and while not 100% perfect' it's not bad. Let's say 95% good.

As for the fdt itself I can't understand what the hype is all about. I did not like this at all (I used it more than once). Coverage is light, so it's no good for me (if I had good skin I wouldn't bother with fdt). It does not give me that almost-airburshed look that I can get even from Almay's Clear Foundation. It makes my skin look thick. And the price is absurd.

All in all, this is not a terrible fdt. But it's not brilliant, either. And it certainly does not meet my needs. The performance does not justify the price. This is just for for Chanel cult-followers.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily skin. My face gets oily in the T-section mostly, but I wouldn't say that I am EXTREMELY oily. When wearing this foundation however, after a mere one hour, my face turned into a complete oil slick. It looked disgusting. Never have I had anything like this happen before. First off, it is a NIGHTMARE to blend onto the face (applying with fingers OR a brush). Secondly, the woman who sold me this foundation claimed that it was 'mattifying,' 'oil-free' and their best mattifying/oil-controlling foundation. She assured me it would not get oily. While when first applied it has a very nice natural and illuminating finish, it just does not last. I was literally having to go and touch up my make-up ever hour and as such, my face just ended up looking like a complete mess by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It has great build-able light to medium coverage, easy to apply and easy to work with (does not dry ultra fast). I find two pumps is more than enough, my favourite application at the moment is with a damp BB or RT sponge. It wears well throughout the day and you still have that fresh look after many hours which is always the sign a foundation is working well for me. I do set this with powder and use various different ones and they all combine well.

It looks neither matte nor dewy but more satiny and smooth - it really is love. I'm an NC15 and have this in 10 Beige. (arm swatch above) its a perfect match. I also have Vitalumiere Aqua but would repurchase this one before that one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by 12345e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All you oily-skinned girls out there know how hard it is to find a foundation that can withstand your oiliness. I have tried so many foundations and haven't found one that beats this.

I find with Asian skin it's hard to find a perfect match for my skin tone but this is as close as I'm ever going to get.

I still get oily and have to use blotting papers during the day but this foundation lasts the longest. After a 7 hour day, other than my t-zone it looks pretty close to exactly how it looked in the morning. And I never use a primer.

I have some acne scarring on my cheeks and it does a pretty good job at covering it up, unless I want to look perfect, I don't need concealer.

Yes, it's expensive so I try not to use it everyday but I will repurchase this every time.