Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 1/8/2015 5:02:00 PM

I was looking for something to replace my EL Double Wear with something lighter and more natural. This smelled lovely (though a little strong) and had a pleasant gel-like, very light texture. Finish was fairly matte, with light-medium coverage - I needed to spot conceal my many imperfections. It looked beautiful after application, and appeared to blur the appearance of small bumps, especially under a thin dusting of MAC Mineralize powder.

BUT, colour appears to oxidize some. Oily areas of my face (T-zone) quickly ate up the foundation, leaving coverage patchy after only ~3 hours. After several days of use, the skin around my nostrils and around my mouth became very dry, which was surprising for a combination-skinned gal like me! Some clogged pores became apparent too :(

Overall, this looks nice for 3 hours after application, but is definitely not a keeper.

on 12/25/2014 12:40:00 PM

Good coverage with nice velvet texture - absolutely love to apply it on my face and how i look with this foundation! Living in hot and humid country, my skin does get oily after half a day but no smudge and face still looks good (ignoring a bit of shine that can be wiped away with blotting paper). My main problem though is that I have sensitive acne-prone combination skin and this foundation gives me clogged pores after a few days of usage. These clogged pores seen as small bumps all over face are rather difficult to remove and i have to stop using the foundation for about a week until my face is clear again.

Lid is easy to come off and pump leaves residues after use - waste of the foundation and leave messy trace of dry liquid. Really want to love it but will not repurchase as i want to try other foundations that wouldnt clog my pores.

on 12/18/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ladies, do not buy this if you have really OILY skin. I have combination to oily skin (littler drier in the winter), the foundation looks firstly really flawless on my skin. By afternoon I start to be quite shiny and need to use blotting paper. it is quite ok in the winter, but definitely would not best pick for summer. If you have combination/oily, go for Velvet version rather

Pros: amazing range of shades and undertones; really longlasting, effective and luxury packing

Cons: would not recommend for really oily skin type; a bit pricey:/ but worth the try; strong smell

I bought this few months ago and been on and off it. While it performed good in mild European weather it made me feel absolutely horrible in hot humid Asian climate. Now it's winter (Europe again) and it requires strong moisturizer to keep my combination skin from drying under it. At its best it's a good product: it gives my skin nice glow, doesn't feel heavy once properly absorbed and conceals minor imperfections (but again I have very few). i didn't have issues with applying it. It won't do any wonders if you have bad skin or wrinkles though. The pump is very sensitive and leaves a batch of product to dry which is a waste and creates problems with every new application. I will not repurchase this product as I believe there's better stuff out there for me

on 12/14/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this last week (shade 10) looking for an alternative to Estee Lauder Double Wear (wore that for years but find it too heavy and makes me look older!) I used to wear channel pro lumiere before they discontinued it and absolutely loved that so thought that I would feel the same way about thus foundation, however I was very dissapointed :( it is definitely not a long wearing foundation, it looks nice when applied but by after about 3 hours of wearing it my skin was a patchy oily mess! The only good point about this foundation is the shade and the packaging! Waste of money!

on 12/8/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I only started using this foundation 3 weeks ago, at first it made my skin look very dry and powdery but since I started using a moisturiser before applying the make up it is giving a more glowing finish. The best thing about this one is that you don't need to use any compact powder over it because it already has a matte finish. I would recommend it mostly for summer though as it makes skin a bit dry. However definitely worth buying.

on 11/16/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was my #1 foundation for most of this year and I did repurchase. Over primer, I brush two pumps of this onto my skin for a natural, matte, almost soft focus finish. It does not really need powder. It lasts 10 hours on me without a blot or touchup, surviving 100 degree weather and the occasional hot flash with ease. The color b30 is good for my nw20 coloring. The only reason I dont give 5 stars is because I think Mac Prolongwear is very similar if you can find a good color match, and also because I think Diorskin Forever is prettier. Overall it is very good.

on 10/19/2014 11:16:00 AM

Broke me out like crazy! So sad because it was beautiful....flawless coverage, blurred pores. Matte coverage for days. The lightest shade could be lighter.

on 10/17/2014 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've had enough of BB creams (and cushions overpromising and not delivering) so I'm back to proper and good foundations. Here's my two cents anyways. Admit that this may cling on flaky and dry spots for people like me with super dry skin and sets super quickly, so it is best to apply a couple of layers of moisturiser for a good base. I cannot emphasize the importance of prepping the skin but don't believe in spending extra money on primers which don't work for me. I usually just need 1-2 pumps for good coverage and blend with my fingers for a minute or so. I set this with a facial mist, usually with Avene. It gives me a slightly velvety finish, Highlighter is a must for dewy looking skin with this product. Lasts all day too. Have been using this on and off for a year and usually switch between this and the vitalumiere aqua for lighter/lazier days.

on 10/12/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff lasted me about 15 hours and I only needed to blot once (maybe twice). I only used one pump and gently buffed it in for light coverage. I was left with a smooth matte finish and it seemed almost natural, my skin but better if I had used an undereye concealer. This being said, I did notice a small pimple near my nose in my usually oily tzone after I washed my face. I am slightly worried about breakouts so I will be watchful with this product. My shade is #64 Beige Ambre for summer (or while I still have my summer complexion) and I have already purchased shade #54 Beige Ambre for winter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty