September 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome stuff. Use with the lift lumiere concealer and finish with a touch of lumiere compact powder. New HG next to Armani

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by nicolam321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those foundations that never fails for me. Perfect when I want a nice natural finish without my skin feeling cakey. It smells amazing, kind of like roses. But not a lingering scent once its on your face it fades away. I would say this is a sheer to medium coverage but its very buildable you could get a fuller coverage if you needed. Its very natural on the skin & makes my skin feel like skin. I normally wear mac studio fix or estee lauder double wear but this is perfect for the summer when I want a lighter more natural foundation, for a light coverage foundation it really makes my skin look flawless. Only downside is the price it is very expensive! Their is a great range of warm & cool tone shades which is a bonus. If you prefer full coverage or you have very bad skin from acne etc. this foundation may not be for you, but definitely try a sample as I was a firm believer in full coverage foundation until I came across this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by elasianfashionbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HATE IT. For the price this foundation come at and the 'praise' Chanel gets, I was highly disappointed. I have combination skin, and it's more oily in Summer, which is when I purchased this-last summer going into Fall. My friend uses it and she has drier skin (although probably more combination) and it looks amazing on her though. My other friend with dry skin, however, had the same problem as me, which is it is just too greasy and oily. I looked like I was swearing prefusely all day with this on. It didn't cover much, and was just a mess on my face, no matter how much I try to set it with my Lancome pressed powder. If you have combination/oily skin, acne prone skin, like a full coverage, or want to save money- DO NOT GET THIS. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Lilynhii

This is actually my favourite foundation which is a great coverage for scars caused by pimples, the only con to this product is that you need to apply it evenly and quiet fast since it does dry out fast, if you don't apply it evenly it may leave orange patches :/ but it indeed does last for hours maybe a whole day! works great when you apply it evenly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by renaphuah

Pro:
Smells good
Lightweight
Yellow based, great for asian skintone

Cons:
Emphasize pores
Enhances flakiness
Within a few mins, it becomes very pwdery
Very little coverage

Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are matte foundations, then there's this.
If you want something to sit on top of your skin, to look old and have powdery skin go for this. Even Mac's Studio Fix is WAY better, even go for Estee Lauder Double Wear, save yourself!

Even their Face Powders - dont look powdery like this foundation.

And you do NOT want to be flash photographed with this on in daytime.
I've tried to love it or even make it look acceptable, tried different ways different brushes different primers, by itself - everything xox

If you must buy this foundation, wear it at night, daytime/sunlight OMG looks like a BAAD powder job. It oxidises and goes ORANGE, Macs Oxidisation looks far more attractive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always loved Chanel products, so I thought since I've become more of a combination oily skint type recently, I'd give this supposed airbrushes, matte finish a try.
The foundation itself smells lovely and fresh, although the shades are very basic. The 20 Clair is too yellow for my neutral undertone, and the shades above (30) and below (10) are too warm/cool.
Applying this foundation was a task, it was fluid to apply, but was quite difficult to blend. I didn't even know I had dry patches until I tried this foundation! It clung to them all on my forehead. Won't be trying this foundation ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

2nd favourite foundation of all time. I have oily, acne marked skin and it covers and lasts well throughout the day. It has a nice balanced finished which I would describe as velvet, not matte but not glowy either. It can stick to dry areas when I have them so using skin 79s classic BB cream as base works wonders to correct this and makes the foundation last all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get Chanel products where I live, so I was delighted when my sister sent me a nice sized sample of this foundation I heard so much about. The color is 30 Beige and while not 100% perfect' it's not bad. Let's say 95% good.

As for the fdt itself I can't understand what the hype is all about. I did not like this at all (I used it more than once). Coverage is light, so it's no good for me (if I had good skin I wouldn't bother with fdt). It does not give me that almost-airburshed look that I can get even from Almay's Clear Foundation. It makes my skin look thick. And the price is absurd.

All in all, this is not a terrible fdt. But it's not brilliant, either. And it certainly does not meet my needs. The performance does not justify the price. This is just for for Chanel cult-followers.