July 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by NeesaLawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this on my lower lashes because it does absolutely nothing for my top lashes. Although I have long lashes, I like them to also be thick but this mascara doesn't do that for me. I think it's great for my lower lashes because the wand and mascara really separate and coat them really we'll.

I have seen someone say that they used the wand in another mascara... I might give that a try and see how it goes for my top lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by absolutelykatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great Lash really sucks, first of all. I have decently thick/long eyelashes so I can use Great Lash and get away with it if I really want to, but I prefer not to since it takes 836 coats in order for it to do anything for my eyelashes. I went into this purchase 100% just wanting the brush (I had some coupons and stuff so I only ended up paying around $2 for it), and I'm not disappointed at all.

As expected, the formula sucks. Liquidy, watery, flaky, awful stuff. Would never in a million years use it again.

BUT THE BRUSH. Oh man. Clean that sucker off and use it with any mascara you like and your eyelashes will thank you. I don't know what it is about the brush, but it seriously makes my eyelashes look so fanned out and gorgeous. I mean hot damn, even when I used it with the Great Lash formula my eyelashes still looked pretty fierce. I really like to use this particular brush with Loreal's Butterfly mascara and it just does awesome things to my lashes.

I'm still only giving it three lipsticks though, because even a great brush cannot save an absolutely atrocious mascara formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent and inexpensive. I was scared to use it at first because of the shape of the brush, but when I just went for it and applied it, it wasnt much different than any other mascara. I am wowed by the length and thickness that this adds to my lashes. I have pretty decent lashes already, but this took it over the edge and made them look almost like false eyelashes! I will be repurchasing while it is on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by woahhitsmariaa

i will not repurchis, it poked my eyes so many times, it basically just coated my eyelashes, it didnt really do anything like add length or volume, ive tried multiple times to try and work with this but got dissapointed so i dont recommend it

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by justjessy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As much as I adore this product with all my heart, theres just one thing. Why on earth are there heaps of chemicals in this mascara? On all the mascara testing websites, this is listed as a medium risk.
For example, check this out http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/474741/Maybelline_Great_Lash_Lots_of_Lashes_Washable_Mascara%2C_Blackest_Black/
This product contains things that can really irritate your eyes, so why is it in a product used for the eyes?!
This is a good mascara but with heaps of dangerous unnecessary chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

awesome!! if i can get by using a VERY CHEAP product that works just as good as many of my expensive cosmetics, i'm thrilled. love this brush, love the price, love everything about it!!!!

i spent way too many years and way too much money experimenting with high end mascaras....soooo not worth it. for under $5 at target this mascara is a steal!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

This mascara is great for my lower lashes, it does such an amazing job at separating and coating each lash. But when it comes to my upper lashes it didn't really do much. Of course it still did great in terms of separating and coating, but I look for much more than just that. It's pretty good if you're going for a natural look, but other than that it's pretty average. I don't feel that it did anything in terms of lengthening or volumizing. I do like the brush, which is surprising because I usually hate plastic bristles but this one worked for me. I do like the formula as well, as it doesn't clump. I would buy this again, but only to use on my lower lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This mascara did not work for me. My eyes are small so it was hard to get that big part of the wand in my outer lashes. My other problem was this was a wet formula so my lashes came out very thin. Not really the look I was going for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Judeanna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the Great Lash Lots of Lashes for several reasons. With the small brush it is easy to apply to every lash. I tend to not like large, thick brushes, as I have sort of puffy eyelids and the large brushes poke me in the eyelid at the lashline. I apply my mascara after my eyeshadow (and liner if I'm wearing it that day) and before my tinted moisturizer and blush.

I like the formula, as it's neither too wet nor too dry. It's probably a bit thicker and not quite as wet as the original Great Lash. It smudges less than the original Great Lash and also makes my lashes look both long and thick.

It also comes in black brown, which I prefer to ultra black or blackest black or carbon black or whatever version of darkest black they sell.

I've bought this several times. It works very well for me (naturally curly, thicker, longer, light colored lashes). I'll buy it again as long as Maybelline keeps producing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

I'm almost done with my second tube of this and am planning on buying a third soon. The brush on this mascara makes my lashes look so long and lovely. One coat makes for a flattering natural look and two makes a slightly bolder look for nightlife. When using the trick of looking down into a mirror and then applying this mascara with long strokes, it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! For $5, it is absolutely perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No