August 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by troo12

The brush shape makes it really easy to reach the inner corners and the formula is superb. However, I prefer using a regular brush for the rest of my lashes.
It is definitely a thick mascara so I only do one coat on my inner lashes and then switch to another mascara to do the rest. It also doesn't really affect the volume of the lashes but it coats them nicely with one coat. My lashes are average length but light colored so I just need something to coat my inner lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lpicks10

It worked great for me for about a week. Maybe the formula got too dry after that?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a superb mascara for me because the brush really reaches most of my double/triple lashes and coats them nicely. Sometimes we don't like certain mascaras and I think the problem may be in having the right brush for our kind of lashes (thick, thin, straight, whatever). On the downside, it does flake moderately but I don't notice it smearing. Overall, almost a perfect mascara. For me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by tomatotooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pretty pink packaging but useless mascara. Mascara wand is a really awkward shape, one coat doesn't do anything but going over it again makes it clump like crazy.
Formula is thick and weighs down my lashes too so there is no curl whatsoever. Lashes just droop and poke straight ahead.

Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by NeesaLawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this on my lower lashes because it does absolutely nothing for my top lashes. Although I have long lashes, I like them to also be thick but this mascara doesn't do that for me. I think it's great for my lower lashes because the wand and mascara really separate and coat them really we'll.

I have seen someone say that they used the wand in another mascara... I might give that a try and see how it goes for my top lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by absolutelykatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great Lash really sucks, first of all. I have decently thick/long eyelashes so I can use Great Lash and get away with it if I really want to, but I prefer not to since it takes 836 coats in order for it to do anything for my eyelashes. I went into this purchase 100% just wanting the brush (I had some coupons and stuff so I only ended up paying around $2 for it), and I'm not disappointed at all.

As expected, the formula sucks. Liquidy, watery, flaky, awful stuff. Would never in a million years use it again.

BUT THE BRUSH. Oh man. Clean that sucker off and use it with any mascara you like and your eyelashes will thank you. I don't know what it is about the brush, but it seriously makes my eyelashes look so fanned out and gorgeous. I mean hot damn, even when I used it with the Great Lash formula my eyelashes still looked pretty fierce. I really like to use this particular brush with Loreal's Butterfly mascara and it just does awesome things to my lashes.

I'm still only giving it three lipsticks though, because even a great brush cannot save an absolutely atrocious mascara formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent and inexpensive. I was scared to use it at first because of the shape of the brush, but when I just went for it and applied it, it wasnt much different than any other mascara. I am wowed by the length and thickness that this adds to my lashes. I have pretty decent lashes already, but this took it over the edge and made them look almost like false eyelashes! I will be repurchasing while it is on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by woahhitsmariaa

i will not repurchis, it poked my eyes so many times, it basically just coated my eyelashes, it didnt really do anything like add length or volume, ive tried multiple times to try and work with this but got dissapointed so i dont recommend it

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by justjessy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As much as I adore this product with all my heart, theres just one thing. Why on earth are there heaps of chemicals in this mascara? On all the mascara testing websites, this is listed as a medium risk.
For example, check this out http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/474741/Maybelline_Great_Lash_Lots_of_Lashes_Washable_Mascara%2C_Blackest_Black/
This product contains things that can really irritate your eyes, so why is it in a product used for the eyes?!
This is a good mascara but with heaps of dangerous unnecessary chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

awesome!! if i can get by using a VERY CHEAP product that works just as good as many of my expensive cosmetics, i'm thrilled. love this brush, love the price, love everything about it!!!!

i spent way too many years and way too much money experimenting with high end mascaras....soooo not worth it. for under $5 at target this mascara is a steal!