September 30, 2014 | 1908 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample to try. I was a bit excited because I'm currently loving another Olay lotion for my acneic skin & it's awesome but back to this. No complaints about the texture or scent but from the first application it not only dried my skin out but made me break out on my forehead & cheek so I'm giving it away. My skin was finally clear before this but it's starting to clear up again now that I'm going back to my old regimen. I won't buy this, that's for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I, too, was surprised by the neative experiences of some reviewers. I LOVE this cream. I love the texture, which feels wonderful going on and does act a bit like a primer under my foundation. I love the ingredients - it rated quite well on Paula Begun's Beautypedia. And I love the packaging, as I haven't had any trouble with the pump and it is the right kind of packaging for keeping the aforementioned ingredients active and effective for the longest time. It could be that the presence of retinol-like ingredients cause the burning and rash some others have mentioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this moisturiser as I quite like it. I bought it because it has niacinamide as its 5th ingredient. This ingredient has some research evidence that it minimises pore size (also scarring and spots). I need this, my pores are gaping!! In Australia it's not marketed as a primer but as a moisturiser and I've been using it at night. Apparently it takes 2 months of continuous use to see results from this ingredient I've used it for 3 weeks and so far nothing. But it is a well formulated moisturiser that suits my oily acne prone skin so at least it's not a total waste. It is not very emollient so those with dry skin would not find it effective. I like the gel-cream texture but find it spreads better when warm. I dab it on my face and leave it for a moment before rubbing in. I have found it stings if I apply it after my BHA so I'm using my BHA in the morning now. I never expected it to impact on wrinkles as I'm used to ignoring the cosmetics industry's bizarre claims in this area.

I do think some people will enjoy this. Give it a go if you have oily skin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by crazycoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this product in my monthly Luxebox subscription (for the month of May). I applied it after I finished washing & exfoliating my face. It stung! Smells like chemicals & it has caused rashes to develop around my mouth n chin area. My skin feels bumpy & itchy :( Perhaps, I am allergic to this cream. But why only on my chin area and no rashes anywhere else? Needless to say I shall be chucking this into the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

First let's talk about the pump..horrible!! Flimsy pump and upon opening the box I spent a good amount of time fooling around with the pump to get the product out.

Once I got the product out and put it on..OUCH!! It BURNED me! I've used Olay Daily Regenerating Serum (fragrance free) and Olay Pro-X wrinkle smoothing cream for a long time and other Olay products and never had a reaction like this. After the burning feeling subsided I thought I was in the clear, WRONG! About a half hour later my face broke out into a red bumpy rash! Also, it really didn't leave my skin feeling very moisturized and I noticed no immediate change in my fine lines.

So, not only did this stuff burn like crazy upon application but it also left my face with a red, bumpy rash and did nothing for my skin it claimed it would. I called Olay and complained and at least the CS was ok. They are sending me a coupon to use on another Olay product. I'm going to stick with the Olay products I already use and in future will definitely try a sample before I buy a full size. $30.00 plus tax for this stuff just to end up burned..literally. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I know I'm probably not the target age group for this product but my mother's been using Olay forever and I thought I'd give this a try since I liked their Regenerist serums and creams. This is way less emollient than the red tub cream, which means that I can safely use it during the day without fearing clogs or shine. I love the way it spreads like silk and blends effortlessly into every inch of my skin. It feels extremely light, nothing like Smashbox's silicone primer. I use this under my sunscreen/foundation/BB cream and it creates the perfect surface for my makeup to go on. I double cleanse at night to remove my makeup and to cleanse my pores and my skin hasn't reacted badly to the product. It replaced my morning moisturizer (EL Hydrationist for dry skin) and I think I get less oily that before during the afternoon. I like this product and I recommend it to people with dry-combination skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprised at the general low marks for this product. I like it quite a bit but I use it at nighttime as a moisturizer, not as a daytime primer as some others have. I apply it when my face is still a bit damp because the cream's very thick and tough to apply on a perfectly dry face. The next morning my face is clear and smooth. I wouldn't use it during the daytime, as I prefer a product that contains SPF.

Others have noted the pump. The first time I bought the product, the pump didn't work well. I got around it by holding the product upside down when I pumped. A weird solution but it worked. I'm on my second bottle now, and the pump works fine, so maybe they've changed the packaging... OR I just got lucky this time. At any rate, I'll repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by macclka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first bottle I purchased, the pump did not work. I exchanged it for another, and the moisturizer did come out. This DOES NOT WORK well with my morning moisturizer/makeup routine. It makes everything, in the end, look think and a bit cakey.I plan on using it in the afternoon, when I am home for the day, and then a bit again before I go to bed. Giving it a 1 lippie until I see more results. Will update this post in a few weeks to let you all know.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A product that doesn't quite know what it wants to be: Interestingly enough, this product says to use twice a day, but it's really a morning primer. I thought it would be a good nighttime moisturizer, but I don't need a mattifying primer before bedtime, thanks. "Watch as advanced micro-fillers and light-diffusing particles smooth the look of fine lines right before your eyes." Yeah, not so much before bed! In any case, it is a lovely moisturizing primer, but most people will be unhappy, because it doesn't contain SPF.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by rhondaemery68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok I just started using this. Ive also been using Cliniques repair wear that ive seen does almost the same effect. heres my review for the clinique. ""Ive been using this for many years now. I dont put it all over my face, I just dab a bit under my eyes in the morning and sometimes thru out the day if I need a mini lift. It works wonders. I save alot by doing this and not lathering my whole face. just under my eyes....a dab.....and my whole face looks years younger". so, ive been doing the same technique now with this Olay product for about a month now, and it does the same as the clinique repair wear. yet, this olay product leaves your skin ultra smooth and silky. I really do like it.