April 21, 2014 | 1240 users online

Powder - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was disapointed in this - and disapointed that I fell for the hype. There was no glowing skin for me with this foundation, no flawless finish. It's a light to medium coverage foundation but I'd really say that if you don't have really good skin this might not be the most flattering foundation. It starts to go patchy and fade within 2 hours of wear (I wouldn't say I'm particularly oily at the moment either), but you can reapply and layer without it looking cakey.
I'll be going back to my old mineral foundation - yes, it gives a strange white-ish cast in photographs, but it's better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by shinyfair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was highly dissapointed in this product. There was no dewy flawless look promised by the advertisments. It was just a very basic powder that did not make my skin glow. They didn't have more shades to match my olive skin. The packaging was not conveniant, it would not be possible to carry this product around in your handbag. If your looking for a powder try MAC skinfinish.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

On days when I'm not working and I want to look fresh, this is my go-to foundation.
I was never a fan of mineral makeup and I can't remember what got me to buy this in the first place. I even have a backup one since I'm halfway through the current one.
I use light-medium and I love how this gives me sheer coverage, but enough to hide any redness and discolorations.
It wears pretty long, but after about 6 hours (with Laura Mercier foundation primer and kiehls' SPF50 underneath), my skin looks a bit too dewy (mainly around the nose close to the apples of my cheeks)...so oil control not so great. I still use a finishing powder on top after I apply the mineral makeup.

The packaging on this is terrible, You can't really take it out with you or to travel, unless you have an extra powder puff to put on top of the sifter to prevent powder from going everywhere.
I wish it had a twisting lid thing (like the Laura Mercier mineral powder). It's hard to shake some of the product out without making a mess, even with the cap on. It's also a bit too small for a mineral brush to swirl around nicely to get the product in the brush evenly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

The packaging sucks big time. Never ever uncover all of the holes, or take it travelling or place it at any angle other than bolt upright. Basically you can apply this at home only. Use something else if you want to apply makeup away from home.

Oh Bobbi, not all of us get to port our makeup in a perfectly upright position. Did someone not think to create some type of slide and lock system?.

Its good to use a very hydrating moisturizer with this product.
It has a good and natural finish- not powdery looking, and its nice there is some spf albeit only factor 15.
It can be used as a finishing powder or a stand alone foundation with very light coverage.

I was exhausted and exhilarated when I finally used this all up. phew.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by spatularific

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this while waiting for my usual ultra-pale Lily Lolo order to be delivered, as it was the only "mineral" powder I could find that was pale enough. First of all, the list of ingredients is as long as your arm, mostly consisting of silicones. Calling it "mineral" is a bit of a stretch - there is a minute quantity of minerals in this. That said, it goes on beautifully, has good coverage and lasts a long time. I was sure I was making the switch from Lily Lolo to this, until all the pores around my mouth started to block up turning my upper lip into an alpine region. Ended up going back to Lily Lolo whose ingredients are just Mica and Zinc Oxide and thus infinitely more pore-friendly, though it doesn't look as nice as this.

The packaging, whilst elegant, is totally impractical - designed for sitting upright and perfectly still. Tumbling around in your handbag, makeup comes out of the sifter, but will never go back in. Even Lily Lolo's original sifter could be removed and replaced so makeup could be tipped back into the jar. God forbid if the lid comes off in your bag. That said, I'd definitely use this maybe once a week for a night out. It's easy to apply and looks nice, but day to day, not that great for your skin. Also crazy expensive, especially considering the inside of my handbag ends up wearing more than I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Jayjay8883

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My current fav
Pros - colour suits me, fairly good medium coverage for redness, does not break me out, skin still oily by mid day but not very bad
Cons- spills all over when i travel, dosnt hide my pores by itself

To help with the spilling issue the mua adviced me to cut only half the sticker covering the holes frm which the powder comes out frm. Didnt really help

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder! It is light, yet provides good coverage. A little goes a long way, however I took off a lippie because you don't really get that much powder, and it costs a lot. I have oily skin that is prone to redness/flushing, and I wear this on top of my liquid foundation for extra coverage/flawless look/anti-shine. On casual days or when I'm in a hurry I wear this powder without any other foundation and find that while it doesn't cover everything (maybe you'd just need to use more) it provides enough coverage by itself that I feel comfortable enough about my skin to go out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This provides light coverage. Contains loads of silicones. I have this in alabaster and the color left my skin looking very flat and lifeless. Has good staying power, prob. due to the silicones in it. I really prefer Estee Lauder Doublewear Mineral powder spf 12 to this product. Doublewear mineral powder gives me a natural look, light coverage and you get twice as much product as the Bobbi Brown mineral makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm where to start...I'll just list everything I think about this product LOL:
1. The packaging leaves much to be disired, it is definitly not portable at all and theres no nice inner slidding cover like LM's loose mineral foundation to prevent explosions when you open it.
2. So very few shades, shame shame shame!
3. Coverage can be sheer but built up to mediocre medium. This can be good for some but a big down side to others looking to hid those imperfections.
4. Price wise, $38 for less then 1/4th an ounce and its not even that concentrated so its a bit of a rip off if you ask me. I dont see this lasting long with daily use.
5. Natural would be a good description of its finish, definitly not luminous or matte.
6. Blends nicely and plays well with most primers without clinging to dry patches or darkening over spots you may have moisturized to well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go-to mineral makeup powder! I normally use 2 way cakes for touchups, but they look too unnatural and cakey on my dry sensitive skin. The Bobbi Brown Mineral Powder is very fine, soft, blendable and does not dry out my skin like Bare Minerals do (and Bare Minerals foundation makes me itch) and I much prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I'm a NC 25 and am using light to medium tone - I use a MAC 187 to apply it to give a sheer coverage. I wouldn't say the colour matches me perfectly, but as it's quite translucent it doesn't matter that much. I love the texture so so much, just feels like Soufflé. Not cakey, does not suck in my fine lines and is longlasting, not to mention the SPF 15 is great for touchups to protect my delicate skin.

I don't wear it alone as it doesn't provide enough coverage, but it's perfect for setting and fixing makeup.

Texture: 5/5
Function: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5 You need a good brush for sheer coverage
Packaging: 4/5 I only opened 2 holes so the powder won't scatter like crazy, but still, it's very fine powder so it could be messy
Price: 3.8/5 It costs me €36 in Hong Kong, but it's worth the price
Overall: 4.46