Avon SuperShock MAX Mascara

3.3

on 6/21/2013 3:41:00 PM

I've been wanting to try this mascara for quite a while, and finally took advantage of a buy one/get one free sale through a co-worker who sells Avon. I'm very glad that I did! From the first swipe, this mascara didn't disappoint. It went on very nicely and evenly - and even though the brush is designed to deposit a larger amount of product, the bristles were effective in evenly distributing it over my lashes without clumps. I found it to be very volumizing (which is exactly what I was looking for), and lengthened very nicely too. My lashes do not feel "hard", if you know what I mean. In the summer heat it did not smudge or flake, and I do have oily skin. With one coat, the end result was a very pretty, very black fringe of lashes. Also, I have very sensitive eyes, and this hasn't made them irritated or watery at all. I normally use Cover Girl's LashBlast with great results - but I think I've found my new HG mascara!

on 6/20/2013 8:07:00 PM

I find this a bit disappointing compared to the original formula - Avon Supershock. I find this formula a little too thick and the brush isn't as good. I use it with my old regular Supershock brush and it's still pretty good....but I wish I could still get regular Supershock - seems to have been discontinued.

I said that I will repurchase, but only because I can't get my beloved original Avon Supershock, and I haven't found anything better yet.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara. Every time I wear it, people compliment me and then they want to know what kind of mascara I use. It definitely works for me. I get great length and volume. Also I've cried while wearing it and I didn't have a face full of black streaks.

on 3/7/2013 5:10:00 PM

I do like this mascara. I have been using it in both black and brown for a couple of years now. It builds up, doesn't clump, and gives a nice, full look.

But, not as full as SuperShock, which is why I deducted a lippie.

This IS a good product and I DO recommend it, it just doesn't blow me completely away. Except that I always have it around...

on 2/19/2013 7:27:00 PM

I love this mascara! after trying everything for maybelline to dior i had never found something that was a good price but also did got mascara type things, this is the one for me! it doesn't flake and it lengthens and curls.
the brush was great for me, I can quickly swipe and then i'm done.
will definitely buy this again!

on 12/27/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is okay. It does what it says it does which is lengthens and volumizes but it is not my first choice. It flakes really easily and dries just as fast. This fast drying would be good except for the fact that I have to apply really really fast if I don't want the brush or tube thing to dry out.

on 12/16/2012 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Waterproof? Ehhh, I beg to differ. Today I got to try out my spandy new Avon Super Shock MAX Waterproof mascara...and...oh boy howdy, I gotta bitch.

When I'm out on the slopes, and it starts to snow, and my "waterproof" mascara starts coming off in shreds like a regular tubing mascara such as Blinc ...then I get annoyed that a mascara I bought SPECIFICALLY for snowboarding (i.e., damp and sometimes wet conditions) is almost completely worthless to me. I don't like the emo look when I'm out boarding (or jetskiing). Or ever, to be honest.

Now for the positive - it's a unique, if rather fat-ended, spiky helical brush that really does get every lash. It plumps up lashes, makes them fan out, gives a bit of length, doesn't take too long to dry, and and you can apply multiple coats without clumping. Those are all bonuses in a NON-waterproof mascara...but I have several of that type which work pretty well for me.

And if you don't require a mascara that is proof against rain, snow or splashes...this removes easily with warm water and a slight bit of pressure. Or cold water, if you prefer. Or even a splot of wet snow. Which I found out today...on the slopes...with my husband watching me, wearing that ever-so-slightly amused expression that made me want to stick him head-down in a tree well.

Without belaboring my already-belabored point, this is a good all-around mascara that fails Biblically in the waterproof arena. Back to the drawing board...and my old standby, Maybelline Stiletto Waterproof Mascara, which is worthless in almost every respect (including length and volume)...except that it IS absolutely waterproof and requires almost an Act of God to remove. Damn dang dernit.

on 11/11/2012 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara volumizes and lengthens my lashes...Everytime I use it my eyelashes seem to be enormous. This mascara is also huge, and its brush is perfect.I have tried many mascaras (much more expensive than this one) but most of them disappointed me. I believe that this brush is the ideal to add volume and length to lashes. I will definately buy this again and again....

on 9/30/2012 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This mascara is rubbish! My lashes are pretty good and any mascara usually does at least a decent job on them, but this one is just disappointing!
PROS: Just one, the fact that it does indeed volumise.
CONS:
- Unlike what others have said, I actually find the formula a bit too dry.
- It doesn't lenghten
- It doesn't hold a curl - my lashes are basically poker straight half an hour after I put this on
- It's not black enough, looks more like a washed out black to me
- It's expensive (again, unlike others have said) - This is 10 from Avon's website here in the UK!
NEUTRAL: The brush. It is massive, and has rubbery bristles, but I don't mind it. However my lashes are quite good as I said so the brush is never really a problem for me.
I haven't tried the normal Supershock, so can't compare, but ladies, please don't waste your money on this!

on 7/9/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

woah the brush on this is huge! but i actually really like it. it does take a little while to get use to and i haven't even bothered attempting to try it on my bottom lashes. the formula is a little runny and takes a while to dry but it does add volume. haven't had it too long, but i can see it becoming my everyday mascara (:

Popular Mascaras