October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock MAX Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Journey2Heaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. Every time I wear it, people compliment me and then they want to know what kind of mascara I use. It definitely works for me. I get great length and volume. Also I've cried while wearing it and I didn't have a face full of black streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do like this mascara. I have been using it in both black and brown for a couple of years now. It builds up, doesn't clump, and gives a nice, full look.

But, not as full as SuperShock, which is why I deducted a lippie.

This IS a good product and I DO recommend it, it just doesn't blow me completely away. Except that I always have it around...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Rachn86

I love this mascara! after trying everything for maybelline to dior i had never found something that was a good price but also did got mascara type things, this is the one for me! it doesn't flake and it lengthens and curls.
the brush was great for me, I can quickly swipe and then i'm done.
will definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. It does what it says it does which is lengthens and volumizes but it is not my first choice. It flakes really easily and dries just as fast. This fast drying would be good except for the fact that I have to apply really really fast if I don't want the brush or tube thing to dry out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Waterproof? Ehhh, I beg to differ. Today I got to try out my spandy new Avon Super Shock MAX Waterproof mascara...and...oh boy howdy, I gotta bitch.

When I'm out on the slopes, and it starts to snow, and my "waterproof" mascara starts coming off in shreds like a regular tubing mascara such as Blinc ...then I get annoyed that a mascara I bought SPECIFICALLY for snowboarding (i.e., damp and sometimes wet conditions) is almost completely worthless to me. I don't like the emo look when I'm out boarding (or jetskiing). Or ever, to be honest.

Now for the positive - it's a unique, if rather fat-ended, spiky helical brush that really does get every lash. It plumps up lashes, makes them fan out, gives a bit of length, doesn't take too long to dry, and and you can apply multiple coats without clumping. Those are all bonuses in a NON-waterproof mascara...but I have several of that type which work pretty well for me.

And if you don't require a mascara that is proof against rain, snow or splashes...this removes easily with warm water and a slight bit of pressure. Or cold water, if you prefer. Or even a splot of wet snow. Which I found out today...on the slopes...with my husband watching me, wearing that ever-so-slightly amused expression that made me want to stick him head-down in a tree well.

Without belaboring my already-belabored point, this is a good all-around mascara that fails Biblically in the waterproof arena. Back to the drawing board...and my old standby, Maybelline Stiletto Waterproof Mascara, which is worthless in almost every respect (including length and volume)...except that it IS absolutely waterproof and requires almost an Act of God to remove. Damn dang dernit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara volumizes and lengthens my lashes...Everytime I use it my eyelashes seem to be enormous. This mascara is also huge, and its brush is perfect.I have tried many mascaras (much more expensive than this one) but most of them disappointed me. I believe that this brush is the ideal to add volume and length to lashes. I will definately buy this again and again....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

This mascara is rubbish! My lashes are pretty good and any mascara usually does at least a decent job on them, but this one is just disappointing!
PROS: Just one, the fact that it does indeed volumise.
CONS:
- Unlike what others have said, I actually find the formula a bit too dry.
- It doesn't lenghten
- It doesn't hold a curl - my lashes are basically poker straight half an hour after I put this on
- It's not black enough, looks more like a washed out black to me
- It's expensive (again, unlike others have said) - This is 10 from Avon's website here in the UK!
NEUTRAL: The brush. It is massive, and has rubbery bristles, but I don't mind it. However my lashes are quite good as I said so the brush is never really a problem for me.
I haven't tried the normal Supershock, so can't compare, but ladies, please don't waste your money on this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by chasea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

woah the brush on this is huge! but i actually really like it. it does take a little while to get use to and i haven't even bothered attempting to try it on my bottom lashes. the formula is a little runny and takes a while to dry but it does add volume. haven't had it too long, but i can see it becoming my everyday mascara (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alphame

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, and am on my third tube. Yes, the wand does take a little getting used to, and it is very easy to get too much of the product onto the wand at once and end up with spider lashes, but the formula itself is wonderful. I love the mascara the most when it is starting to run a tad low, and you don't get near as much on the wand at once. It gives a natural and femine look to my lashes. I start at the root, roll the wand, let that half dry, then finish all throughout my lashes. It helps stop the mascara from clumping. The waterproof version is nearly waterproof, much more than other mascaras, that is.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MMDLS

Whoa.. I didnt expect to see such bad reviews! I actually love this mascara! Its formula is thick and does feel a little heavy but it does a banging job at volumizing and lengthening, my lashes look like falsies after i put it on :D and it holds my curl all day. I know alot of ppl dont like the chunky brush but i do, let me tell u ppl its REALLY thick. The smell is pretty strong but who cares! oh i almost forgit, its a b*tch to take off, but the mascara is worth it in my opinion