December 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Could possibly be my new HG foundation! The only reason I haven't given it a 5 is because I'm not totally sure I adore it yet, but I think it's getting there! I've been looking for a natural finish, not too dewy or matte, medium coverage foundation for everyday and this ticks every box. A common problem I have with foundation is that it simply is too dewy (I have normal-combination skin, slightly oily in t-zone but also a few dry areas but they aren't flaky/patchy) and the amount of powder needed to make it not shiny makes it look so unnatural. But finally, a foundation which is a natural matte and a perfect colour match in a 2.0! I typically apply with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and this gives me a natural but redness-correcting finish. If I have any spots or blemishes I have to conceal further, but luckily that's quite rare. It lasts wonderfully, melts into the skin to look extremely if not the same colour and looks pretty natural :) The only con I have is the high price (but you do get 35ml rather than the typical 30ml) but I do think it is worth it. Wouldn't recommend for dry/flaky skin however as with moisturizer for me, with slightly tight dehydrated skin it's totally fine, but for flaky skin this will cling to dryness. Super wonderful however and very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ldoucet

I LOVE this foundation and I have been searching for a long time, tried everything from drugstore brands to hourglass veil for around $70. I have fair-light skin, very sensitive (reddens easily), and combination - this foundation in 1.5 is the best colour match I have ever found. It looks too orange on the back of my hand but when I spread a streak on my face it seems to magically adjust to a perfect match. The coverage lasts most of the day, masks my redness and even looks good in my t-zone oily areas. New HG foundation!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by orodrig8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love a foundation that can look flawless even if applied with a stippling brush or a beauty blender. Great for my oily skin and buildable coverage! I just hate how it's hard to pump out the product once it reaches halfway. I find myself having to unscrew because there's so much product not getting through the pump. However, it is neat how it has the lock/unlock twist feature.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Tvelm23

I absolutely love this foundation! It works so well with my skin! Its FULL coverage, without looking caked! I apply it with a beauty blender but it looks flawless when I apply it with MAC's 187, stippling brush! Now, I am pretty white! And when I went to pick this up I had asked for NW20 (My MAC shade), but then learned that they go by a different shade finder with this foundation. They gave me the lightest shade in the product. And I looked as white as a ghost. So its actually too light for me! I went to a 2.0. And its perfect! It morphed well with my skin! It feels light weight and soft.I do have oily skin and it holds up well, but i'm not much of a blotter and like how it wears all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Katieee27

After years of searching for a foundation that even comes close to matching my skin tone I have finally found it. I am very fair but with warm undertones which is a nightmare when looking for pale foundation as usually the lightest shade has cool pink undertones. I wear the shade 1.0 which is lighter than a NC15, which I find this too dark. The foundation blends amazingly, leaving a natural finish but with a decent amount of coverage. I would say it is medium-buildable, but it never looks heavy or cakey on the skin. I have combination-oily skin and this foundation lasts all day on me with no cakeyness around the nose or settling into any fine lines. This foundation also has not broken me out, unlike other MAC foundations I have tried and I have very acne-prone skin, which is always a bonus! I absolutely love this foundation as it gives such a flawless but natural finish to the skin. I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Birthex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! i've got a little bit acne and this one is my fav!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is mediocre. I brought it months ago and recently picked it back and started using it(only because I couldn't return it and its expensive). The formula is pretty nice, not to liquid and not to creamy. The shade (7.5) isn't a perfect match to my skin but close. I might need to mix shades. I love the finish its demi matte. Its expensive for a foundation but then again it is MAC. The packaging is good. A glass bottle makes it hard to travel with but a foundation with a pump is always a plus. I haven't suffered any breakouts from this makeup but then again I always take my makeup off soon as I come home. Overall its a okay foundation but Im still looking for a better foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by biancacinelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation in shade 1.5 almost every single day. It is indeed very good and I love it mostly after its a bit "worn". I have a combination skin but it mostly gets very dry in the rest of my face but not my nose, therefore I use "Strobe Cream" under it so it looks dewier. After a couple of hours of use it gives me the perfect look I want. Sadly, I don't like using it on wintertime (I need shade 1.0 then), because my skin gets too dry and I find it hard to remove, I repurchase this fluid foundation almost instantly (if not before) it's over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation for evening or special occassions. Its a good, buildable medium coverage foundation. I am a C3 or NC 25 in studio fix powder and I wear either a 1.5 or a 2 in Matchmaster. I have oily acne prone skin and this foundation lasts and does works well with my skin. I've repurchased 3 times.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

To be honest, I didn't really want to purchase this product because as with most MAC makeovers, you come out looking a little orange....But when I took it home, it actually wasn't too bad when I used my own setting powders and etc with it. I found this formula to be light and non greasy, but had a bit of a grey tone to it, which was fixed with my face powder that I use as a setting powder. Unfortunately, this broke me out pretty bad....I have since stopped using it and my skin has settled back down. I thought that it could have been the combo of that and my primer, but alas, it was purely this foundation. I think that it could have been the SPF, but I'm not sure and I'm not willing to keep trying to test this out. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out for me.