July 31, 2014 | 1642 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Promises:
- Perfect match to your skintone because of this "Shade Intelligence Tecnology".
- Demi-matte finish, with medium and buildable coverage
- Absorbs face oil, reduces shine
- Conditions your skin

Description:
The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump (yeeii!!) which is really helpful for you can control the quantity of product you want to work with, the pump can get locked, yet it's not absolutely safe and it comes with 35 mL. The consistency is quite heavy at the begginng but it's very easy to work with, using a sponge, I personally apply always with my Beauty Blender. The smell is painty-like, but not as bad as Revlon Colorstay.
It matches my skintone AMAZINGLY! when the make up artist at MAC picked up color 5 I truly believed it would be too dark for me, until he applied it, and it looked amazing. So I think this "Shade intelligence technology" works.
The finish is definitely matte (not demi-matte as ir claims) and it's buildable, the coverage is medium but it's very good, with a very thing second layer you can get the flawless look.
Now, about the oil business. Truth is, I don't have oily skin, but most foundations just don't last on my skin more tan a few hours until they start getting shiny on my T zone,and by the afternoon, it's completely gone. I can tell this one lasts more tan other foundations, for it lasts longer and remains matte longer as well, it may need some touch-ups during the day and it definitely needs to be sealed with powder. I'm using a traslucid powder from MAC and I'm not wearing any primer before applying it. That might make a difference on the already good lasting power of this foundation.
Finally, I don't feel like it conditions my skin, but it doesn't dry it out either. I didn't break out, I mean my skin isn't acne prone, but sometimes products make me break a bit, this one didn't.
I would definitely buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is great, doesnt oxidate or break me out. Love the packaging, I dont know why people complain about lass bottles. Its in a glass bottle because you get what you pay for. Just like Nars and other high end foundations/perfumes. No plastic here!!! the people who complain about packaging are the ones who throw their foundations all over the place. Foundation and perfume bottles are not meant to be abused! if you cant handle having a glass bottle..whether its MAC foundation or Chanel parfum...go buy from the dollar store and stop complaining.
The product is runny but not too runny that it's watery. I love how this has a pump!
Its great for people with oily skin! buildable coverage.
@Lms526you shouldnt let people tell you what foundation to wear. Tell your family its none of theri concern. I know in the western world its popular to be bronzey and dark...but if thats not your preference than dont let people pressure you. Dont get nutella shaded foundations just because to fit in with mainstream. if you like your foundation a certain way..go for it.
Dita voon teese prefers to look porcelain pale and wears light foundation to compliment her light skin...so dont feel pressure to be something youre not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation. I initially got a weeks worth sample from Mac to try it out and loved it so much that I bought a bottle of it this week. First things first, the shade match is perfect for me, I'm warm toned, approx NC30 and I was matched with number 3.0. When I put it on the back of my hand it almost looks too peach but once its on my face the colour adapting particles that Mac claims this foundation has somehow works really well with my skintone. I love the coverage, I apply one thin layer using my hands then stipple on some more where I need extra coverage. It doesn't look cakey or dry. I do make sure that I moisturise really well first as I have normal/dry skin, I have been using Mac strobe cream and this combination gives my skin a gorgeous glow. Not too matte, but not too shiny either, like Mac face & body can be sometimes. The best thing about this foundation is it lasts. I'd say its as long lasting as Mac Pro Longwear. but not as dry looking. I love the pump applicator, I use around three pumps for my whole face and neck. Overall I would highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jotunologie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is pretty temperamental; it's mainly dry, but I'm prone to hormonal breakouts and slight oiliness in certain areas also due to hormones. I've been using Matchmaster in shade 1.0 for a year and a half now (currently on my second bottle), and I love it. I find the coverage is perfect for my skin, and it doesn't cling to dry patches as long as I moisturise and use a primer (which is the same for every foundation I've tried). Sometimes I lightly powder my t-zone if I'm having an oily day, but most of the time I can completely forgo powder and get a full day of wear! I might repurchase this product for a third time when I run out, but as it was my first MAC foundation, I'm curious to try the other ones (specifically Studio Fix Fluid).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by raychilll

Obsessed! This is the first MAC foundation that I've EVER bought! I usually stray away from MAC foundations because I heard that they tend to be heavy (MAC is stage makeup afterall..) This is TOTALLY not the case! Light and airy yet still looks medium to full coverage. Not to mention that it perfectly matches my hard to match skintone (I'm 1.5 in this for reference) I'd reccomend to anyone who has normal-dry skin and is looking for a flawless foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

MAC Matchmaster fndtn is a fndtn that adapts to your skins undertones. It is a med coverage foundation with a semi- matte; yet dimensional finish to the skin.

I am NC30/35 ~ NW30 ish ( yes, I can wear both), and I wear 4.0. It is the largest bottle of the MAC foundations, minus the F&B. So u get a good bang for your buck here. I believe it retails for $33. It also has a handy dandy pump, so no need to fork over the extra dough to buy one.

I use my MAC 159 brush to apply, and it covers most everything, although I still use a concealer for my nose area which does have some broken caps. It leaves a semi-matte finish, although I prefer more dewy. I set it with MAC's MSFN or Studio Fix, then spray my face with Fix +.

This foundation is long wearing, as I have normal/ dry skin and this did not enhance any dry areas I may have. Long wearing to me is a full 10+ hours. I will say that towards the end of the night the area around my nose seemed to have separated a bit. Not sure if it's because I powdered that area too much or I just may need a wax. lol!

Matchmaster is a gr8 foundation for all skin types imo, except for very dry. If you have oily skin, your face will thank-you as it's main job is oil control. My daughter has oily skin, and this is her HG foundation for the past year or so.

Would I repurchase? I'm not sure, Even though it's a gr8 foundation, I just prefer more of a dewy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Triggah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a 5.0 in the match master foundation. I have very oily skin and I must say this is the best color match I have ever had except for Chanel beige amber. The coverage is medium , I must say I am a full coverage girl. You are able to build up. Last about 4 hours without powder. Before this I would buy studio fix fluid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I just finished my bottle of Matchmaster in 1.0. I've had it about 3 years, using it regularly (not everyday, but always in my rotation).

My skin: Normal to dry, occasional blemishes due to hormones, redness on center of my face, fair with neutral undertones.

Pros: Best color match I've found to date, this is still how I reference my skin tone on other reviews. NC15 is too yellow and smidge too dark, NW15 products look too pink and too dark on me. So I do think that Mac's statement about letting the individual undertones shine through has some credibility (unless it's just a neutral undertone that happens to suit me!). Easy to apply, I like applying with my fingers, one pump is good for medium coverage. This is buildable as well, I can apply another half pump for more full coverage. Decent price for foundation, obviously we would all like makeup to cost $3, but realistically, it's a good price. Finish is satin or semi-matte, definitely not matte (my dry skin would cry out if it was a matte finish), but not dewy like my L'oreal lumi foundation. Lasts a decent length of time, around 6 hours without prime, 8 hours with primer for my nonoily skin.

Cons: Transfers without being set with powder. I don't have to set with powder for length of wear, but it transfers really easily unless I set with powder, like most foundations. I don't like to set with powder all the time because it dries my skin out. I wish it gave more flawless full coverage, but really only heavy cream foundation like coverfx or theatre makeup give me that look--that's just a personal preference.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase right away, I'd like to try studio sculpt in NC15 or NW15 first to see if I can get the added coverage I'd like. If I used up my other foundations, I would consider repurchasing this, so I said yes to repuchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Carlyjl99

I regret spending so much money on this product!!:( I told the lady at the mac store I had oily skin and she recommended this foundation (which I have decided I don't I actually have dry skin) ladies trust me if you dry skin DONT purchase this, it clings on to dry patches and is very thick and hard to blend if your skin is dry! Also I found the color to be waaay darker than my actual skin and It didn't "match" my skin in any way! I find that this foundation along with macs other ones are way too yellow for me and I'm scared to try any more and blow my money! My face was 3-4 shades darker than the rest of my body and it looked ridiculous! I think if you have pretty oily skin, and yellow undertones and are looking for medium to full coverage you will probably love this. Overall so disappointed in this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by kaiannxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a medium to full coverage. When I first got this I would say my skin type was normal. Now that my skin has gotten drier I can't use this anymore. It has a matte finish which is basically telling dry skinned girls stay away! It clings to your dry spots and accentuates them. Even when I try to put a moisturizing cream under it I feel like it dries out the cream. I do love how much product I get in the bottle though (1.18 fl oz) It usually lasts me almost a year; Even though I know people say you shouldn't use a foundation for more than 6 months it works perfectly for me. But like said this does not work for me anymore because it's so drying. I would say this foundation is great for people with oily skin.