TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 6/24/2012 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you're somewhat dark, I don't recommend this product. The first 3 shades (the neutral ones) don't show up at all. Have to admit I like the packaging though.

on 6/16/2012 3:16:00 PM

I am very fair so all of the colors show up on me. I have a neutral skin tone so even the blue/cool tones are ok. I love the top row of neutral tones and use basically the rest as liners or crease colors. A couple of the shadows aren't completely matte either. Overall I like it, but it is tiny and therefore way too expensive.

on 6/10/2012 7:30:00 PM

I love the colours and the texture is good. the only things I have to complain about are the price, $35 (I would not buy this full price),and Matt Chung (He's just not amazing).

Sorry, but the condition of this palette was broken up, when it arrived from Hautelook. Tried several of the shadows and after application on lid, there was tremendous fall-out all over my cheeks! Perhaps, it's an old one, but when I tried other colors, the fallout still took place. It made a mess of my makeup today and almost had to re-apply everything! I've never encountered any makeup that reacted this way. All the other theBalm products I have are wonderful. Including my new nude tude palette. No fallout there! So, perhaps this one palette is in the minority.

on 6/3/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I'd been looking for a matte eyeshadow formula that wasn't chalky, and this fit the description perfectly. The colors are pigmented and smooth with well-chosen shades that are fun enough for going out and muted enough for work. As always, TheBalm's packaging is really, really cute. I just wish the shadows contained more product because the pots are far smaller than the ones, say, in a Shady Lady palette. Overall, however, I love it!

on 5/22/2012 2:21:00 PM

I usually love TheBalm palettes, especially the Shady Lady one, but this one didn't really do it for me. It's very cool toned which isn't the best look for me, and some of the shadows don't show up at all - Matt Smith and Matt Chung. The two brown ones are the only ones I really like, the rest seem chalky or show up patchy on me. I have pretty oily eyelids so maybe this is the problem.

on 4/22/2012 10:48:00 PM

When I first saw this product I simply fell in love with the unique packaging. The front showcases a(in my opinion) quite foxy man flashing a smile. The name of this product is cleverly written as Meet Matt(e) because the palette is full of just matte colors. On the inside you open it up to see nine matte shades, all having names that begin with Matt. This theme is absolutely adorable, I love it! Now I'll break it into the colors.

Matt Smith- Perfect matte beige, nice for highlight, nude or simply a blending color

Matt Gallagher-Nice matte medium toned brown, perfect for in the crease, transitioning colors together

Matt Ramirez- Beautiful deep matte brown, great for an neutral look

Matt McDonald-A dark grey-black matte color. Interesting color, don't
have one similar to this.

Matt Horowitz- A matte mid-toned blue. Very soft, probably the least pigmented, but still a nice color.

Matt Chung- Matte pastel pink. Least used in the palette for me, I don't see how I can use it.

Matt Batali- Darkest shade in here, a very dark brown. Nice for outer corner.

Matt Schilling-Mid-tone green, nice for pop of muted color

Matt Patel- One of my favorites, a matte taupe

I love the creativity in the naming of the palette and its colors and also the studly packaging. I'm a huge fan of mattes and think everyone should have a few. If you're looking into a matte eye shadow palette, go for this!

on 2/8/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently broke down and bought this online due to the great reviews, and I was not disappointed! I wear eyeshadow every day (typically NARS and MAC), and this palette beats both of those brands as far as matte shadows go. All of the colors go on smooth and have great pigmentation. I especially love the browns - they are probably the first browns that don't make my eyes look sickly (I don't look good in eyeshadows with even a remotely bit of gold or red in them which most browns do). My only complaint would be that the amount of each shadow is small. I can see myself going through this pretty quickly! Also, I have used other shimmery shadows from theBalm before and found them to have a lot of fallout which was not a problem with this palette.

on 1/16/2012 9:41:00 PM

I really like this palette of matte eyeshadows. Very basic and therefore excellent to travel around with! The perfect color range from dark navy and brown to lighter highlight colors, the consistency and pigmentation are excellent! This is the first ever for me buying any product from this brand but it won't be the last. Highly recommend.

on 12/16/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love thebalm, their products are very reliable, are safer to use, and are usually on sale somewhere! TJ Maxx and Marshalls have them and thebalm is very generous with their special offers! This palette is portable and perfect! the colors range from standard (brown, highlight, baby pink) to unique egyptian blue and purply-taupe. I have used this palette every day since I received it and I love the blendability of the colors and the pigmentation! You hardly need to tap your brush into these puppies to get great pigmentation. I like to use a stiffer brush with these shadows, especially the dark ones, because Matte shadows do not spread as evenly. The only color I am not crazy about is Matt Chung, this is too close to white for my skintone. I would buy this many times over, it's hard to find good mattes that can also double as cake liners (Matt Ramirez and Matt Batali make excellent liners when used with MAC fix +)! I love you Thebalm!

Top Rated TheBalm Products