October 1, 2014 | 1862 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah yes, the one and only bare minerals. After countless tv infomercials, I finally broke down and bought this, and was surprised at how well it was. It covered flawlessly, and you could control how much coverage you wanted (sheer - med - heavy) I was in heaven! And continued to use it for about a year, and had nothing bad to say about it. Until ... I don't know what really happened, but my skin just started to look super cakey when I applied it. In photos it looked like I was wearing a mask?! I thought maybe it was the shade, so I switched and that didn't seem to help. I was so much in love with this product that I just didn't want to believe that it wasn't working for me like it use to, but I eventually gave up - and found a new lovely foundation. I have come to the conclusion that with my oily, acne prone skin type ... the powdered style mineral make up just doesn't work for me. Too bad. I really did love this stuff. I did however have to store it in it's own bag, because the powder gets EVERYWHERE. Even with the click, lock and go system.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Pashrnate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Bare Minerals for about 8 years and I have to say, it's time to give it up. I first purchased this foundation when I was 24. I was in love! It has good coverage (sheer to full depending on application) and good lasting power (has lasted at the gym and club). My complexion was flawless! It was really quick and easy to apply, although it was a little messy with the sifter and lid, etc. The reason I have decided to abandon it after so many years is because as I have aged, I have acquired a few fine lines, and BE foundation emphasizes this. It is also pretty poor at covering dark circles (again, it sinks into fine lines when you apply enough and doesn't cover if you apply too little). I seriously started thinking about switching when fine lines would show up only when I was wearing this foundation. My skin has always been dry but now I feel I need a more moisturizing foundation to prevent dullness. The shimmer in the BE foundation was increasingly starting to look ashy or chalky more frequently than radiant. It might sound silly, but I almost feel I'm ending a meaningful relationship. We were so good together for so many years, but it just isn't working anymore. I am sorry to have to move on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by ornelas25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i found my everyday foundation... this is a powder that goes on very creamy. i love that it doesnt give me the caked face it looks natural, feels natural, and stays on all day!! if you want something to put on ur face that isn't damaging like MAC or other studio make up.. then this is it! i work everyday and this stays on my face all day.. and when i wash it off it comes right off... love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by shrimpatheart

The only thing i was set off by is the price. Its not reasonable in my 15 year old budget to buy this 28 dollar thingy that doesnt last me more than 3 months. In the tutoral the lady is like putting tiny amounts of it in her hand, yeah im using like 10 times that to get to the level of coverage it promises. Thats the only thing i was not happy with. I never bought it again for that reason. Otherwise its a beautiful NATURAL foundation thats great for people who can afford to buy it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by OldPhotographyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those people that switch from foundation to foundation depending on my mood. I've got from BE to MAC to Revlon Colorstay and back to BE after a horrible breakout with Revlon. This is the only foundation that rarely breaks me out. If it does, it goes away within a day or two. The sales associate matched me flawlessly with Medium Beige in the original formula. The foundation looks gorgeous in pictures but I live in the humid climate of Florida and I honestly wish it would not look greasy after a few hours. The only reason I used Revlon was because it would stay flawless after a few hours but the breakouts I got from it weren't worth a few hours of matte. BE is now the only thing I use until I can find something with more benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by xjellitotx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is the best I've used yet, I've never found a foundation that ticks all the boxes until I was recommended this by two of my friends. I wasted lots of money buying expensive foundations believing they would be the best for my skin. This make up provides good coverage, doesn't make me look orange and doesn't dry out my skin. It looks really natural and would recommend it to anyone with sensitive or dry skin. If this foundation is used with the bronzer it gives you a lovely complexion....5/5 from me!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ulzc93

I use a primer first (Clinique) which fills in any large pores and also leaves a matte finish. Then I use a brush to set the BareMinerals foundation. After that I use Mineral Veil by Bare Escentuals (same company as Bare Minerals) to complete the process. It looks very natural and stays on all day

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Claudia22

I love it! My skin has a glow that I only see on professional make up pictures. People ask me about my skin. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a former liquid foundation junkie (MAC NC40) and this is my favorite foundation of all time!!! My husband compliments my skin everytime I wear it after switching from liquid. He also notices when I switch to liquid and tells me he prefers "The Minerals". This foundation covers EVERYTHING. Use the concealer brush to dab on extra product where needed first, then buff on with a kabuki brush. I like to finish with the "Clear Radiance". I will purchase this for the rest of my life, even when I wear liquid foundation I dust a light wash over my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is junk and a complete waste of money. Messy, and delivers poor coverage. It is made up of rather large particles (not finely milled at all). Also, buyer beware! I read that when airborne, breathing in the particles can cause cancer, I think it's the titanium dioxide. Be sure to hold your breath while applying this, or if I were you, I'd just take it back. I've found that BE packages their products in such a pretty, "girly" way to make their buyers "feel good" about purchasing their overpriced mess. This belongs in a drugstore.