December 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lash Treatments - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on reviews that people said they saw growth in their eyelashes and eyebrows in 1-2 weeks. Also because it was $8 at shoppers drug market which is pretty cheap compared to other expensive lash growth treatments. I used this until the bottle ran out which was about 1 month or so. I don't notice any growth in my eyebrows or eyelashes. I use the serum day and night. The only benefit I did receive from this was that my eyelashes fell out a lot less. It was worth a shot but won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by jyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The main reason I bought this is that I wanted a gel to make sure my eyebrows would stay in their proper place after applaying my eyebrows pencil... I looks like it really does help to grow my eyebrows, too. So, it's just fine for this use.

BUT, I really can't use it on my lashes. When I first applied it, it burned so much. I guess my eyes are just to sensitive for this. Instead, try ricin oil : it's natural, it's working and it's still waaaaaay cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The main ingredient in this is castor oil, and I had castor oil from trying this lash growth experiment a year or so ago. I was very diligent applying castor oil with my finger along my lashline for 3 days and then I wasn't so diligent. It was not pleasant getting castor oil in my eyes, and that is probably why I finally stopped doing it. This year, I decided to try again and again was applying too much with my finger and getting irritated eyes, so I bought this 3 weeks ago. I have been applying it to the base of my top lashes every night before bed with the eyeliner brush part, and using the mascara wand part to coat the underside of the top lashes, really getting in there at the base. I don't want really long bottom lashes, so I just leave my bottom lashes alone. I then go to sleep and this does not irritate me at all. This week, I really looked at my lashes to see if it's making a difference. My lashes look good! And as was reported with all these other castor oil based serums, I have another layer of lashes growing above the original now. They are not even, but they are definitely there, and so I thought I would add my review.

I do have long lashes to begin with, but who doesn't want longer lashes? The extra layer is kind of freaky. I mean what if another layer comes in above that one? What if I turn into a hairy-lidded freak?! No, but seriously, it does work. It isn't expensive to buy, and after I use it up, I may just add castor oil to the serum bottle and keep using it the same way I have been using it, so that would make the purchase even more inexpensive.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Lorreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was deciding between rapidlash which now available at my local drug store or this Rimmel serum which was on sale for $7. For whatever reason I decided to just try this and if it didn't work I would just move on to the rapidlash. However after reading about how some people were getting changes in eye colour and permanent dryness I decided to stick with this and if it didn't work I would try the Loreal eyelash serum.

The lashes I have been dreaming about since I was a little girl have finally came to be. This serum has made my lashes so much longer, I have less fall out and even though they were already thick they have gotten even thicker. I like the application, and I like that it doesn't sting the eyes. When I wear mascara my lashes look like false lashes. My boyfriend can't stop looking at them!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by MsAubs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum about 3 weeks ago from CVS in the hopes that it would help thicken my thin eyebrows (yay overplucking) and maybe give my average eyelashes a boost. I'm pleasantly surprised by the product. My eyelashes are thicker, but I hope that after more time the length increases. My eyebrows are fuller and where I had patches where there was no hair, there is. The applicator is weird and leaves goopy clumps on eyelashes, but I run an eyelash comb through my eyelashes after applying and that helps with the clumps. The brush on the end is perfect for eyebrows and hard to reach lashes. Some people use the serum as an eyelash primer, and I tried it once and did not like it much, but to each their own. for $8.99, I recommend trying this product out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by strawberrybonbon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this!! I have very sparse eyebrows and I have been using this twice a day to beef them up. For $8.99 at Walgreens, it has been wonderful. I am still on my first tube, but as soon as they do one of the buy one, get one half off sales, I'll be buying two more. My eyebrows are almost completely regrown in. Not thick, but the hairless patches are just about gone. I did not try it for lashes, but the applicator gives you a choice of a mascara-like wand and a fine brush which is what I used for my brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cherrycc14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I like this product, I'v only been using it for about a week and I'v already seen a difference in the length and health of my eyelashes. I do recommend after putting it on brush over it with an eyelash brush or a CLEAN mascara brush so you can smooth out the serum or else you will have major clumping in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to help continue to grow and fill in my eyebrows and condition my lashes. I never really got a chance to see if it truly worked to jump start growth on my eyebrows because it made me break out horribly all along and inside of my brows! YIKES! I gave it two stars because I DID like the fact it helped to set my brows and prepare them to be filled in so I'm sad I cant use it anymore.

As for it conditioning the lashes, meh...it was a really wet gel formula that didn't pair well with mascara even if I attempted to wait for it to dry.

Sorry Rimmel...you tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by katpower

I think this really works! Two weeks ago I singed my eyelashes lighting a gas stove (yeah, stupid). I already have fine, blonde, short & stumpy eyelashes so this was not a good thing. I was going to get Latisse since I can get it really cheap, but a friend reminded me of the possible eye discoloration and suggested this product instead. I've been using it for two weeks, twice daily on my eyelashes and eyebrows. My eyelashes have grown back in. Maybe that was just the natural growth cycle, I am not sure but I'm happy to have them back. However, my eyebrows which didn't get singed have always been very fine and sparse and THEY look amazing! This product has certainly helped with the fullness of my brows and I believe with the eyelash regrowth. So happy I tried this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Works quite well! I have been using this for about a year, mostly on my eyebrows which are very sparse. It helps to prevent hair loss and seems to be helping new hairs grow in. It's made a huge difference in my brows which are much fuller than they were. I've gone from pretty much no brows to almost acceptable brows! Hopefully soon enough I can stop filling in the bare spots with powder. Only wish it worked faster. Would repurchase.