July 24, 2014 | 1642 users online

Lash Treatments - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by MsAubs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum about 3 weeks ago from CVS in the hopes that it would help thicken my thin eyebrows (yay overplucking) and maybe give my average eyelashes a boost. I'm pleasantly surprised by the product. My eyelashes are thicker, but I hope that after more time the length increases. My eyebrows are fuller and where I had patches where there was no hair, there is. The applicator is weird and leaves goopy clumps on eyelashes, but I run an eyelash comb through my eyelashes after applying and that helps with the clumps. The brush on the end is perfect for eyebrows and hard to reach lashes. Some people use the serum as an eyelash primer, and I tried it once and did not like it much, but to each their own. for $8.99, I recommend trying this product out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by strawberrybonbon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this!! I have very sparse eyebrows and I have been using this twice a day to beef them up. For $8.99 at Walgreens, it has been wonderful. I am still on my first tube, but as soon as they do one of the buy one, get one half off sales, I'll be buying two more. My eyebrows are almost completely regrown in. Not thick, but the hairless patches are just about gone. I did not try it for lashes, but the applicator gives you a choice of a mascara-like wand and a fine brush which is what I used for my brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cherrycc14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I like this product, I'v only been using it for about a week and I'v already seen a difference in the length and health of my eyelashes. I do recommend after putting it on brush over it with an eyelash brush or a CLEAN mascara brush so you can smooth out the serum or else you will have major clumping in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to help continue to grow and fill in my eyebrows and condition my lashes. I never really got a chance to see if it truly worked to jump start growth on my eyebrows because it made me break out horribly all along and inside of my brows! YIKES! I gave it two stars because I DID like the fact it helped to set my brows and prepare them to be filled in so I'm sad I cant use it anymore.

As for it conditioning the lashes, meh...it was a really wet gel formula that didn't pair well with mascara even if I attempted to wait for it to dry.

Sorry Rimmel...you tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by katpower

I think this really works! Two weeks ago I singed my eyelashes lighting a gas stove (yeah, stupid). I already have fine, blonde, short & stumpy eyelashes so this was not a good thing. I was going to get Latisse since I can get it really cheap, but a friend reminded me of the possible eye discoloration and suggested this product instead. I've been using it for two weeks, twice daily on my eyelashes and eyebrows. My eyelashes have grown back in. Maybe that was just the natural growth cycle, I am not sure but I'm happy to have them back. However, my eyebrows which didn't get singed have always been very fine and sparse and THEY look amazing! This product has certainly helped with the fullness of my brows and I believe with the eyelash regrowth. So happy I tried this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Works quite well! I have been using this for about a year, mostly on my eyebrows which are very sparse. It helps to prevent hair loss and seems to be helping new hairs grow in. It's made a huge difference in my brows which are much fuller than they were. I've gone from pretty much no brows to almost acceptable brows! Hopefully soon enough I can stop filling in the bare spots with powder. Only wish it worked faster. Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by michellemercier44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I would like it, I was expecting long and full eyelashes like falsies and I knew it would take long time, like 6to 8 weeks or so, so I waited and waited... it made my eyelashes slightly longer, but nothing to go nuts about. I will try fysikolashes next or latisse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lash serum works! I apply this in the AM & PM and on my eye brows too. The only thing I don't like about it is, it leaves a whitish residue on your lashes, like dried up glue. I have tried other brands & they didn't do that. I'll finish up this tube and will try something else. I did like another brand Maximum Lash but it got discontinued and that really made my lashes super long like falsies.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Olom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always had long lashes but they are not as thick as I would like them to be; they are generally thin and are long in the middle but are shorter at the outer and inner corners of my eyes.

I've read reviews of some different 'lash growth serums' and since this was the only lash growth treatment I could find and the price was okay (I think it was about $10 at Wal-Mart), I decided to give it a try. To date, I've been using this product for about 2 months (I'm almost done my first tube) on both my eyebrows and eyelashes (once a day, nights only). The applicator SUCKS - Rimmel could have made it more like a mascara wand (since it may be easier to apply that way) and the little brush at the tip could have been a bit larger. Be warned that the applicator can get really dirty if you still have makeup residue around your eyes and on your lashes after a wash - it's probably best to wipe the wand every single time you dip it back into the tube (it might also be a good idea to give it a proper cleaning regularly, similar to how you would clean makeup brushes).

I think this products WORKS insofar as it PREVENTS eyebrow/eyelash hairs from falling out FOR A TIME (i.e., they don't fall out as quick. That's what gives lashes the appearance of looking longer). I've noticed that I haven't really lost any lashes naturally or while removing eye makeup (same goes for my brows). My eyelashes do look a TAD BIT longer, definitely not a big noticeable difference though, and I didn't really see a difference in the thickness.

I tried wearing this during the day, underneath my makeup, but it weighs down my lashes too much and it leaves a sticky, white residue. Even wearing this before bed, I wake up with white residue on my brows, lashes, and lids but it doesn't bother me much.

Overall, I think this is a good product for me to PREVENT eyelashes from falling out due to the natural shedding process and/or trauma. Concerning thickness/growth/more lashes, there's probably a better product out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

When I was younger, I overplucked the inside of my brows, and lately I have been trying to encourage them to regrow. This product contained some of the same ingredients as more expensive lash and brow serums for a fraction of the price, so I decided it was worth a try. Within the first few days, I did notice a little regrowth in the overplucked areas, and existing hairs grew longer. One naturally bald spot in the arch of one brow filled in completely. But despite the early promising results, I didn't see any new growth after the first few weeks, and still couldn't leave the house without brow powder. After I stopped using the product, the bald spot in my arch reappeared. So my conclusion is that this product works more on the level of conditioning existing hair, rather than helping regrow hair. If you do see regrowth, you'll have to keep using the product to maintain it.

Since this didn't work as well as it hoped, I am trying Talika right now to see if I get better, more long-lasting results.