December 20, 2014 | 1567 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I have ever used. EVER. I have oily, acne prone skin. I use Retin A once a week and take a spiranolactone rx everyday. This combo has helped to keep acne at bay but I am still clog prone and will break out if I use the wrong make-up products. This foundation has been amazing. It is full coverage but can be sheered out using a damp Beauty Blender. Even with it being full coverage it is not thick or cakey. It can accentuate flakes a tad around day 2 or 3 after my Retin A application, but as long as I moisturize well before application it's not a problem.
For me 1.1 is a perfect match for my NC15-20 skin in the winter. When summer came I went up to 1.2 but it is not a huge leap between the shades. It stays put and I do not get oily nor do I need any powder or primer. It is in a glass bottle with a pump (YAY!!). The only ding would be the price point but considering how wonderful it is I would pay double to be able to keep this in my beauty routine. LOVE!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

I really like this foundation. It isn't too heavy and doesn't crease. The only problem is that it's hard to build up if you want better coverage. I use this foundation on days where I don't want to look too done up or if I'm just running a few errands real quick. It looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Jolaina

I adore this product! It is very drying, and I have to keep a strict routine of exfoliating and moisturizing, if I don't, it creates patches that look like scales. I also mix it with a light moisturizer and apply the two together, and use it on its own for dark circles or blemishes. It feels fairly lightweight and doesn't cause break outs. Covers well, and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AVI8TRIX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation and I am beyond picky with foundations. I have an oily complexion and need a long lasting foundation that lasts through work, heat and sweat. I use to think revlon colorstay and EL double wear were the best....I honestly can't imagine ever going back to them. This looks and feels flawless all day, photographs like a dream and I freaking love it!!!! I have applied it with a brush, BB and fingers and love the results each way. I also use the smashbox pore minimizing primer and think they are match made in heaven

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh.. I wrote a review about this before but after using it for like a month and a half I changed my mind about it .. It's amazing I mean the texture is kinda like Mac studio fix but this is more hydrating and doesn't dry out fast.. It's perfect and all .. BUT after a few hours I noticed that it cakes up.. Cold weather hot weather it still cakes up.. Primer no primer still :c big disappointment. Hoping I'll find my HG soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by biancay

I love, love, love this foundation.
Prior to buying this product I had been using Dior's Flawless foundation, which was basically my HG. I still love that product but in Australia it is ridiculously expensive and so for what isn't the first time, I decided to try something a little cheaper.
For half the price, Smashbox is amazing. Maybe ... even better?? I don't think I will go back to dior. New HG, right here.
The colour matches my fair skin perfectly, whenever I have acne it totally covers it, it lasts all day (and into the night!), and I've gotten so many comments from people saying how flawless my skin looks and asking what product I use. Despite the fact it feels a little thick to the touch, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing heavy foundation. If I tone down my overall makeup look you really can't tell I'm wearing anything.
I literally cannot recommend this enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by janekylesam

Bought this product because ulta does not carry Laura Mercier and i was out of foundation expect the drug store kind. I give it a 4 BC it feels cakey. I dont feel flawless with it. Positive side it has full coverage and does last long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sunnygirl12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't own this product. I tried it at Sephora. But after I finish my other foundation, I will purchase. I tried this foundation and I fell head over heel. It's texture is light and it looks very natural. It sets to a semi matte finish. It's light to full coverage. I can't wait finish my other foundation and buy this! It's smashing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this foundation! My skin sucks for the following reasons: 1) Oily T-zone 2) Dry everything else, to the point of flakiness in the winter 3) Super pale and my face won't tan.
I was looking for something easy and as budge-proof as humanly possible. This stuff is great! It does have moisturizing tendencies to it, but not too much. When my face does get oily, the foundation stays put and true to color and texture, so all I have to do is blot. I have practically stopped using pressed powder!!! Can you believe it?!?! Other stuff would slide around and change colors but not this baby!
Also, I did something .. um .. controversial? I purchased this a couple shades darker than my face and this way, I no longer have to apply bronzer to make my face match my (much more tan) neck. Who woulda thunk!
Here's my routine: 1) Wash face - crazy I know 2) Put on primer or moisturizer 3) Dust oily parts of my face with UD De-Slick Mattifying Powder using a concealer brush 4) Put on foundation, with my fingers, one area of face at a time 5) Dust with loose powder 6) Finish with another coating of the UD De-Slick.
I blot every so often throughout the day, and only after 9+ hours do I consider putting on any more powder, if I am going out at night or something.
One more thing: I would not consider this foundation full coverage. It has not been able to cover breakouts completely, and I tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was color-matched to Studio Skin in 3.4 at Sephora; I walked away with samples of 3.3 and 3.4, both of which lasted me quite a while. I haven't bought the foundation yet because I'm trying to use up make-up before I buy any more, but it's definitely on my list. It's kind of like the L'Oreal True Match or Bobbi Brown liquid foundations in that it's water-based and thin and can be built up, although it is a little bit thicker than both of those, so it goes on with a smoother finish. For reference, I am around NC45/NW40, and both 3.3 and 3.4 were good matches for me. While they both run pretty yellow, they also had a nice olive undertone that fit my skin very naturally.