Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 5/23/2015 12:38:00 PM

I've struggled with acne all my life. I'm also pretty fair and sometimes have trouble finding a color that's light enough to blend well with my natural skin tone. The first time I tried this product, I loved the coverage and match to my skin tone so much that I bought multiple bottles because I had a discount code.

Well, then I started to break out really bad and blamed the foundation. I thought that maybe the coverage was too thick & heavy and was clogging my pores. I stopped using it and jumped between other foundations and started seeing a dermatologist. I don't know if the foundation was truly to blame or not.

After my acne was under control, I remembered I still had bottles of this foundation left from my prior spree and went back to it again. I'm totally back in love. Not breaking out and have fabulous coverage, tone, lasting power, etc. It really is my dream foundation. The only time I don't like to use it is if I feel like I will look too made up for a situation like the beach or weekend errands. Other than that it's my daily driver. You do have to take it easy though because while you can build coverage very easily you can also easily go overboard and it's noticeable.

I use the lightest shade, 1.1. I prime with Urban Decay prep spray, the moisturizer recommended by my dermatologist (EltaMD SPF 46) and Urban Decay primer potion and finish with Urban Decay powder and De-Slick setting spray. I super duper love Urban Decay if you can't tell but just couldn't enjoy their foundation as much as this one.

Only knocking it down to a 4 instead of a 5 because I'm still not sure that it would be working for me if I wasn't under the care of a dermatologist.

on 5/18/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried it for about 3 weeks and it just didn't work out for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin. But it was recommended to me at Sephora mainly to cover my acne scars. I had my acne under control but after using this foundation i actually started to brake out again!! It is buildable medium to full coverage but I literally had to cake on several layers to be able to cover my scars and new pimples so you could actually tell I was wearing a lot of makeup which is not pretty at all. Two things i did like was it matched my skin perfectly, which is another thing I have a hard time finding and it did last me all day and did not start melting away with my oily skin like alot other products i tried. So i guess it would work great for somebody with not so many issues with their skin.

on 5/8/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff broke me out. It gave me closed comedones as early as first use! Aside from that, I don't know what about it is "hydrating". It feels like a thin layer of clay mask is sitting on my face when I wear this. Not nice at all. I just wasted money.

on 5/6/2015 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Nice, matte finish that really lasts (and I have very oily skin). Doesnt transfer. Did not break me out so far. Coverage is definitely NOT full and it's not very buildable. Wouldnt even say medium. Does not cover blemishes at all even if you apply several layers. My light coverage foundation even does a better job covering... I have The color 2.1 and I am mac NC 25, it matches pretty well. Its ok and I Will keep using it as an everyday foundation because it has a nice matte but natural finish but do not by this IF you want full coverage. It can not be applied with any kind of brush (I tried real techniques face bruch, stippling, buffing, regular foundation brush) without looking VERY streaky. You need to use a beauty blender to get an even finish.

on 5/6/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Last all day!!! Looks really natural medium coverage my HG try it!!!!

I was matched with 1.1 (which is the same shade as my neck, but not my face, which is how I like to be matched). So I am told I am looking pale when I'm wearing this foundation.

I find this foundation light as a substance and while applying, but it does feel heavy once on my face and set. It turns a little orange on my skin after time, but not horrifyingly so. I would say it has about 6 hour longevity on me with a beginners application. With a good primer and brush application I'd say it would last a lot longer.

This foundation doesn't like the smoother/different textured skin around my nose, where it blends and cakes quite horribly. Otherwise, it's seamless blending and doesn't streak.

I don't think this is a buildable foundation. It doesn't like being layered after it's been set. Coverage is good-- but like the skin around my nose, it doesn't like different textures like acne and will cake there. Experimentation with better primers might help this issue.

Looks best with a light application for me, personally, too much makes the face look flat. The price was suitable for the product and I don't regret the purchase, but it's not the holy grail for me. Pump packaging and glass bottle is attractive, hygienic and convenient. Velvet type black plastic is annoying to clean dried foundation off, though.

ALSO: This breaks me out consistently.

on 4/27/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation, I've been using this foundation just for a week but i really love it.
It keeps me very very mat all day long! and it doesn't dry my skin out, which is a big plus for me because i have combination skin and it's acne prone.
The color of the foundation is also really perfect for me, i've finally found a foundation that's 100% yellow tone, and i'm really happy with that.
The only thing is that i sometimes have to apply more than 1 layer on some spots, because my redness peaks thru it :(
But it's a great foundation overall!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Congratulations Smashbox, I think I have finally achieved HG foundation thanks to your help. Doesn't stick to or accentuate dry patches or make me oily. Don't believe it's breaking me out, I do have a bit more acne than usual but I think that's due to a change in my skin care regimen. This foundation DOES WHAT IT SAYS. After being applied it doesn't budge at all, so far the longest I've worn it was 12 hours and it still looked the same as when applied. I have to blot maybe once over the course of a day. Doesn't do that gross thing to my glasses where it rubs off onto them as soon as I put them on, which means so much to me, you have no idea (unless you also wear glasses). It doesn't feel or look incredibly heavy on my skin and has a surprisingly natural finish, it's easy to apply and blends well (I use a damp beauty blender). My only complaint is the lightest color is a bit on the orange side, making it a bit dark for me but it's not so orange that it's a deal breaker and once I tan a bit it'll look fine. It is a little on the pricey side but well worth it imo. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, the pump dispenser is perfect and allows a lot of control to minimize product waste. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a foundation that will stand the test of time without being a mask.

I have been a MUFE HD girl for a while now. It is one of the only products I have used up and rebought multiple times. Sometimes, though, you just need a little change, and a little sephora splurge.

I was at sephora on payday last week, and looking in the little mirrors, saw that the foundation, powder, blush, and highlighter I'd applied in the morning had turned into a horrible flakey, color separated disaster on my face. The foundation had worn off in patches around my nose, the color looked too light, and my too-pink skin was showing through. Perhaps sephora has magic lighting and mirrors just to show you how terrible you look, so that you feel you must buy something new!

So, I tried the laura mercier silk whatever foundation on one cheek, and the smashbox studio skin on the other. In the kooky sephora mirror, the LM side looked terrible. I could see the foundation sitting on my skin, and the area looked flakey and dry.

The smashbox side looked beautiful! The description in the store said it was moisturizing, and there was nary a flake to be seen. I was happy with it, so I took some home. I got the lightest color, I think it's 1.1. For reference, I am a MAC NC20, and MUFEHD 115. The SB looked a little warmer than I usually wear, and a bit darker in the bottle, but once blended on my skin, it neutralized redness (rosacea) and looked seamless.

At home, I've been applying this with the sephora collection visionary foundation brush, and the finish is beautiful. I wear primer sometimes, but find that the wear lasts all day, even in the creases of my nose and around my eyes even without it. I have noticed no flakiness or exacerbation of dry sensitive skin with this foundation, even though I have heard it marketed for people with oily to combo skin.

on 3/16/2015 7:53:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! I have pretty bad scaring from acne, but this has build-able coverage so I am able to cover my scars without having that caked on look. I get complimented on my skin all the time, my friends can't believe I am wearing foundation.

PROS:
-This lasts ALL day. I have the Smashbox primer, but even if I don't use the primer this stuff is like glue. It will not BUDGE. You won't get oily throughout the daily, it wont fade, it wont oxidize, NOTHING! When I use it with the primer, I have flawless skin from 8 am through till 1 am/2am the following day. It's unbelievable. They are not joking when they say 15 hour wear.
-Very natural looking, I have olive skin and its so hard to find foundation that isn't too pink or too tan. While this looks incredibly dark and orange in the bottle. It matches my face and undertones so well. I definitely recommend it for darker skinned girls!
-Doesn't stick to dry patches, but it also doesn't make you completely oily. It just gives you this perfect "better than skin" glow.
-I have incredibly sensitive skin, and this didn't make me break out at all
-It has an amazing pump on the bottle, you can do a full pump, or "half" a pump. So there is no waste.
-It applies beautifully with a brush AND the beauty blender.
-Absolutely ZERO transfer. This will not transfer onto collars or jackets, pillows etc. Obviously be careful with whites.
-It photographs BEAUTIFULLY. You look photoshopped.
-Very buildable, you can use a small amount for a "no makeup" look, or pack it on without looking cakey.
-Doesn't feel "heavy or sticky" on the face. Obviously no one like a sticky or heavy face. But this foundation literally feels "weightless".

CONS:
-Expensive...for 30 ml its almost $50 in Canada. Since I have scarring and need to use 2 pumps every day, it starts to add up. I can usually make a bottle last 4-5 months using it about 5 days a week. I've tried to find more "budget-friendly" products. But nothing has been comparable yet.
-The shade selection isn't extensive. I think they only have 10 shades, but if you can find one that matches well, BUY IT!
-It sets quickly, I'm not sure this is much of a con. But you do need to blend it right away. But come on, who applies foundation and doesn't blend it right away?

I seriously suggest that everyone go out and try this, or at least if they have a shade that matches. I've tried all sorts of foundation from Laura Mercier, Clinique, Revlon, Urban Decay, Loreal etc. and nothing compares to Smashbox.