April 17, 2014 | 878 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Wow Lash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Lforrestxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Wow. I bought this mascara on a whim, when usually I review everything before I buy it. It was super cheap, so I assumed I would get what I paid for, but I was hugely mistaken. I absolutely love this mascara. It's light, and isn't clumpy. I love it because it doesn't smudge, and it never ends up on my lower lash line. I absolutely love this product. And I only paid $4 for it-BONUS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, cheap mascara. I like it much more than other higher-end mascaras, such as Dior and Clinique. It actually is more dramatic and buildable than Lash Stiletto or Diorshow. And for $5! Like a previous reviewer noted, one coat for natural look, 2 or more for WOW. Love this stuff. Dark and pigmented. I hope they don't stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for making one's lashes beautifully long and full. It is relatively inexpensive, which makes it even more appealing. I'm quite impressed with both the ease of use and rich black color. At first, I was somewhat intimidated by the oversized brush and was worried I'd poke myself in the eye. However, the thick brush proved to be user friendly. This mascara builds from natural to all-out glamour. I will definitely repurchase when I'm done with this tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this when I was in high school and seemed to abandon it when I started working in high end cosmetics. Recently I went back to it and WOW. I love this stuff. It beats out all the high end mascaras I have and it's SO cheap. It separates, lengthens and curls. If I am going out, I'll pair it with another mascara I like. But overall, I am sticking to Extra Wow Lash for a long time!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by makeupandcupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Cheap $3-$5 dollars
Make lashes longer
Cute packaging

Cons:
Clumps
Doesn't separate lashes
Smears
Smudges
Really thick

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I tried 2 discounted mascaras by Rimmel ( & Lycra Flex) and liked this one better.
Very effective and a really great builder. Amazing curl qualities!
My lashes are short and sparse and this comes up with a wonderful result considering...
It reminds me a lot of an improved version of the discontinued Exaggerate mascara by Rimmel, which I loved !!!!
Great find!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by deaMariel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so cheap at $5. Gives you big lashes without the clump and come in a big tube. The only downside is that by the afternoon, you will have racoon eyes. This mascara seems to flake and melt even on my dry eye are. I love the volume and wow factor ir brings but not the flaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AlisiaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a good mascara for the value and purchased Rimmel Extra Wow Lash on a whim, though I have tried one other Rimmel mascara before but was not happy with the results. I have tried Cover Girl, Lash Blast, used Maybelline Great Lash for a couple of years and always went back to Almay One Coat Mascara, which is a keeper I might add. I also needed a mascara that won't irritate my eyes either and the others did irritate my eyes, except Almay.

I have been using Rimmel Extra WOW Lash for a little over a month along with Almay One Coat and I love the look this mascara gives to my lashes. The BIG brush size is perfect for definition, length and volume. It wears well all day long and can clump a little because the formula is more on the wet side. Usually I am going for a natural look so I won't build up more coats on my lashes but it is nice to know that build-ability for the formula is an option. Extra WOW Lash does not flake but it can be a bit of a pain to remove and there is always a little left over that carries over the next day leaving a slight raccoon look under my eyes, which is why I give this mascara four Lippies instead of five. Over all I really like this mascara, especially for the price and quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Edit: I slept in this and although the mascara came off a bit, it still looked fine, there was no smudging, and when I went to remove it I used barely any of my Maybelline makeup remover lotion (the $4 opaque pink bottle). Easiest mascara I've ever had to remove. Usually I end up having to wash my whole face because the mascaras'll cause such a mess, and still be like eyeliner on the bottom lash line. So far I'm liking this as opposed to what I was doing.

I went to Target yesterday and this was on sale for around $3. I vaguely remembered this getting a good review on Beautypedia so of course I had to try it. I do use mascaras that I love, but I will never pass up a chance to try something new.

Lately I open up NYC's Sky Rise and Big Bold (the fuchsia bottle not the turquoise bottle with curl) because I love Sky Rise's brush and Big Bold's formula. I'll pick up the BB brush to separate and declump if necessary but go back over with the SR brush (I don't re-dip I just have them stand or lay down) to put volume back on.

I brought up the NYC mascaras because the Rimmel Extra Wow Lash is that routine in one step--a narrow, fluffy brush dipped into a whole lot of mascara. Even the bottle is like my routine, normally a mascara makes a pop from going through a scraper but this goes in and comes out like a finger in a jar, just as the SR brush goes in and out the BB tube. The container itself is weird as hell because it doesn't securely close. It doesn't twist, the only thing I can think of closing the tube is a magnet but it does not feel like it has that either. I would so worry about carrying this in any bag or purse. Does this not dry out because there's just so much product?

I try my best to get beautiful lashes that people can see. The perfect lashes would be every one curled up up up, standing tall, defined with volume and that is possible with the extra wow lash and sky rise lengthening brushes, especially the latter. Maybe one day I'll be able to see the Rimmel mascara wand, out from hiding under a mile of black goooooo. Possibly even use it with a different formula in the future. I'm keeping Sky Rise just because it's the only brush that can get the inside lashes and coat my bottom lashes without making a mess. But its formula is way blah. I have been mixing formulas with different brushes for a little bit. Big Bold works but it takes some time getting used to. I prefer fluffy brushes, they seem to make fluffy lashes.

My routine and the wow mascara aren't perfect. They're close. How so? Because when a good fluffy brush gets a lot of good mascara in it, it is able to coat quickly, evenly, make lashes people can't help but notice. Unfortunately there's so much product (and no way to get enough on/off every time) that the fluff is choked in mascara. I haven't tried my other idea yet--using a fluffy brush from one of my empty tubes like Maybelline Mega Plush perhaps, while extra wow is still wet.

Instead of individual lashes, you see three or four connected all throughout. No clumps but I've just been happy with it because it's better than not being near what you consider perfect. I will soon compare, on each eye, it to my NYC 2-mascaras routine to see if I want lashes like this again, which brand I will buy. With extra wow, I've had no mascara problems like flaking or smearing. Will update if need be.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jod84

This is a great mascara for the price and I love the brush because you can get every lash coated. This makes my lashed really thick and long but the only down side is if you apply to much it will clump