August 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I'm liking my sample of this, as I had tried it before in Sephora, and it didn't stand out to me then. It's kind of a warm heady sweet scent, not really a sugar cotton candy, but more like a warm vanilla. It is slightly reminiscent of Dior Addict to me, and I might consider purchasing it. Like others said, it is high priced so I'll be using my bath stuff up for now instead for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by typocinnamongrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this scent!! It's one of those subjective things, but I honestly can not get enough of this one! Most of my perfumes are from Victoria's Secret. Lately I've been getting the itch to branch out. All my VS are pretty similar in smell, and just not unique or long lasting. I normally go for the body mists as opposed to perfume.

I picked this up at Ulta. I had read the notes online before coming in and honestly it didn't even make my list of scents to smell because it didn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I gravitate towards fruity and light when it comes to sprays and caramel and vanilla sounded so heavy and blah... When I initially sprayed it my thought was "Meh... nothing special" I walked around the store stopping to try different things and all the while I kept sniffing the tester stick I had sprayed Candy on over and over again. It kept smelling better and better the more it dried! The smell is sweet, intoxicating and almost indescribable. It's not overly heavy, but not subtle either. It smells delicious! It's more sophisticated and mature than any other scent I own, but it doesn't feel "old". Classy is the word I would use.

I've been wearing it every day and I would give it about 5 hours longevity wise, which I feel is acceptable. I only use 3 sprays though. It's addicting and my husband loves it on me! I would highly highly recommend giving this one a try if you're looking for a new perfume. It may just surprise you!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance it was bought for my birthday by my work colleagues! I love sweet perfumes and this is sweet but not sickly like some! I would wear it everyday but it's my fave for special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bellamoma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On me it kindof smells like white linen (Estée Lauder?). Opens with a sickly sweet blast and then quickly settles into white linen. I WISH it didn't have any longevity!! I used a tester and tried washing it off 3 times and it's still there. Hoofa. No bueno for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This scent took me a few tries to enjoy. For my fellow lovers of gourmand scents, this is definitely worth testing. I do not find it to be akin to BS Fantasy, Hanae Mori, JS Fancy, or anything like that. Those scents all have distinct fruit notes and Candy does not. The benzoin is most prominent on me and I find that the scent sweetens over time but does not get cloying. My SO loves this scent. I understand that people find the "candy" concept and packaging a little juvenile, but teens don't flock to the department store to buy Prada fragrances FYI, so don't be offput in that regard. (Side note I wish users would stop making ageist remarks in their reviews...perfume is for anyone and everyone) This scent is comforting, cozy, and sensual. I have no issues with lasting power but of course, YMMV. I think the drydown of this fragrance is lovely, I love catching a whiff of toffee-musk goodness on my coat or scarf from the day before. This is a new staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Cant describe it as nothing less then Gorgeous. I fell in love with this Fragrance the moment I tried it on. Harmonious wearing it on a gorgeous day after a shower and my hair curled and pinned up. I feel so lovely wearing Prada Candy. Its a sensual warm vanilla with a few exotic fruits wrapped into a mellowing simmer down. I wish it would last longer but I enjoy the 3 or 4 hours of wear I get from it. My Man he fell in love with the scent immediately. I wear it for any occasion and it seems to be meant for any occasion. Its non irritating and I adore it. Yes it is on the expensive side but it is worth every cent. If your looking for a beautiful fragrance and you love warm vanillas, sweet fruits and beautiful blends. Give this one a try. It's a Winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I tried this on at the store today. On me it's not sweet like cotton candy at all. It doesn't even come close to the sickly sweet smell of cotton candy. Most of what I detect is vanilla. I love vanilla, but unfortunately this fragrance fades too fast. It's a very nice scent. I can see it pleasing all age groups if this is your type of perfume. But I will not spend my money on something that doesn't last. Too bad.

I just downgraded my review to 2 "stars" because after wearing this a while, it DOES tend to smell like Play-Doh! When I first put it on, it had the most wonderful vanilla scent. An hour or so later, the Play-Doh kicked in. I didn't notice that the first time I tried it, but that was a much lighter amount of spray. This time, I sprayed several times to see if it would last longer. Well, it lasted longer but I'm not thrilled with the outcome. Kinda strange.

(ROFLMAO at the "hamster bedding" description below. Sorry, I just had to comment on that). :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I get the Prada may have been trying to jump on this sweet bandwagon,and trying to appeal to a younger audience . Fail lol, failed at it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this one. I really like the strong caramel after a few minutes. It's cozy, it's warm, it's kind of moody (in a light way?) I like it but it reminds me of Britney Spears Fantasy and all of those fragrance. What I would exactly like is a gourmand scent with vanilla and caramel and musk without the smell of my 18-year-old-self drinking too much alchool years in it. lol Still searching for my perfect perfume..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Very nice flowery fragrance that only needs very little to go far. I don't understand the reviewers smelling the "old lady" scent, because its nothing like that. Scents are hard to describe but the "old lady" scent I think is the scents with a ton of patchouli and incense. Those ones I agree, this is not that.

This is similar to Flowerbomb in that it is very flowery but beautiful and not overpowering. It has a slight vanilla in the background. Very nice fragrance, but very expensive.