Garnier Pure Clean Gel

Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin Dehydroxanthan Gum, Benzyl alcohol, Lithium, Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Fragrance, Limonene, Citronellol, Linalool, Acacia Senegal

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

*To clarify, the only reason I gave this 4 lipsticks and not 5 is because this is the first gel I have ever tried so I wanted to give myself some wiggle room in the future.

I honestly never thought that I'd use a hair gel, ever. In my mind when I heard hair gel I thought backstreet boys and frosted tips and I don't think I'm the only one. Well, no more! I actually bought this after seeing a hair tutorial for curly girls. This gel has no silicones and no sulfates (YAY) and it's almost entirely natural (YAYAYAY)!

In terms of usage it is aweesome. I use this gel on my dry and wet hair to hold my curl pattern and also to set my styles. Because I don't shower every day (I am a very dry person) it is a MUST for my hair products that there is NO buildup and this product is perfect for that. And I put on gobs of this stuff, GOBS. Like a ridiculous amount hahah! Sometimes I do get some crunch but I usually kind of aim for that (as weird as that sounds) because I find that when it dries a bit crunchy I can scrunch it out and then have curls that last overnight! It's so hard to find styling and hold products that don't leave buildup and don't weight hair down but this is one of them! I would recommend, again and again, and I will very likely rebuy. Oh, and it's a good price and goes on sale often.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

A cone free gel that smells pleasant and is cheap. It has a very strong hold, so much that I need to scrunch out the crunch after blowing my hair dry. A new staple in my rotation.

I love this product! I'm trying to grow my hair out so I've been trying to use less heat. I was looking for something to make my naturally crazy hair have less frizz and more curl. Most gels and things make my hair hard and crunchy but this is perfect! As my hair was drying it felt super crunchy but once it was done it looked like a natural pretty curl! I love that i don't have to use a curling iron or straightener anymore to make my hair look decent!

this is a great gel! really provides a lot of hold without being crunchy, and the hold really lasts. my hair is pretty fine and is very difficult to curl, so this is a big deal. it smells nice, too. will definitely repurchase.

I love this product! You definetly shouldn't squeeze it out and slap it on your hair. You should mix it and spread it out through both of your hands and then finger it through you hair. It hen you should brush it through with a couple squirts of water. It's and amazing product and it will last forever!

I like to use this styling gel at times to give my hair a sleek smooth look and it does well enough for just that. As long as I'm careful in distributing the product I can avoid getting any "crunchy" hair. Using a little bit of this after washing my hair and letting it air dry can provide a smooth straight look as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

At first I liked it. For a gel that has a decent hold, it is nice that is does not leave "flakes", etc like "cast" products such as DevaCurl DevaCare AnGEL products, etc. But after using it for awhile, it started to seem to dull my hair, and did not seem to wash out completely with a general use shampoo. Wish it did not have fragrance added either. Why do that for a product they are trying to sell as mostly naturally derived, etc? I will go back to Real Purity Natural Styling Gel. It works almost as good, but does not seems to dull my hair and washes out every time no matter what I wash my hair with. Again, the Real Purity gel is not quite as good, but I need something I can use every day., and it is good enough. I just need something that makes my waves manageable and somewhat curly with scrunching.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have naturally thick, curly/wavy hair, so if i don't have time to blow dry and straighten my hair i wear it down and scrunch it with gel. I bought this and used it for the first time a couple months ago and noticed that it didn't weigh my hair down as prominently as most other styling gels do, which I liked. The one thing I don't like about it, is that the top is very prone to leaking. When i pick up the bottle, gel oozes from the cap. /; but besides that, i like it. I probably won't be buying it again because i have used better gels before.

My hair is thin so it defenetly did not work well left hair waxy I applied very lightly using a little bit too bad

Really had high hopes for this gel, but I have to say I was disappointed. I have shoulder-length hair that is pretty fine, and I was looking for something to give me a little lift at the roots as well as some all-over body. This gel definitely seems too heavy for fine hair - even just a little worked mainly into the roots gave me sort of a waxy result that made my hair fall flat against my head. I think it might be nice for thick or curly hair, but fine haired friends beware!

Popular Styling Products