October 31, 2014 | 1545 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Pure Clean Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a great gel! really provides a lot of hold without being crunchy, and the hold really lasts. my hair is pretty fine and is very difficult to curl, so this is a big deal. it smells nice, too. will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Elara99

I love this product! You definetly shouldn't squeeze it out and slap it on your hair. You should mix it and spread it out through both of your hands and then finger it through you hair. It hen you should brush it through with a couple squirts of water. It's and amazing product and it will last forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like to use this styling gel at times to give my hair a sleek smooth look and it does well enough for just that. As long as I'm careful in distributing the product I can avoid getting any "crunchy" hair. Using a little bit of this after washing my hair and letting it air dry can provide a smooth straight look as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first I liked it. For a gel that has a decent hold, it is nice that is does not leave "flakes", etc like "cast" products such as DevaCurl DevaCare AnGEL products, etc. But after using it for awhile, it started to seem to dull my hair, and did not seem to wash out completely with a general use shampoo. Wish it did not have fragrance added either. Why do that for a product they are trying to sell as mostly naturally derived, etc? I will go back to Real Purity Natural Styling Gel. It works almost as good, but does not seems to dull my hair and washes out every time no matter what I wash my hair with. Again, the Real Purity gel is not quite as good, but I need something I can use every day., and it is good enough. I just need something that makes my waves manageable and somewhat curly with scrunching.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ahmazingemilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have naturally thick, curly/wavy hair, so if i don't have time to blow dry and straighten my hair i wear it down and scrunch it with gel. I bought this and used it for the first time a couple months ago and noticed that it didn't weigh my hair down as prominently as most other styling gels do, which I liked. The one thing I don't like about it, is that the top is very prone to leaking. When i pick up the bottle, gel oozes from the cap. /; but besides that, i like it. I probably won't be buying it again because i have used better gels before.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Srompala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is thin so it defenetly did not work well left hair waxy I applied very lightly using a little bit too bad

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MyTwoCents

Really had high hopes for this gel, but I have to say I was disappointed. I have shoulder-length hair that is pretty fine, and I was looking for something to give me a little lift at the roots as well as some all-over body. This gel definitely seems too heavy for fine hair - even just a little worked mainly into the roots gave me sort of a waxy result that made my hair fall flat against my head. I think it might be nice for thick or curly hair, but fine haired friends beware!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For me, this is kind of the best of both worlds.
It has the hold of a gel without the crunch or wet look. I have long, fine, wavy/curly hair and a lot of it. The more I scrunch my hair, the curlier it gets but I need something to hold it that way otherwise as soon as I touch it or the wind gets at it, it will just be frizz. I put this in my hair as soon as I got out of the shower and put it in a bun for the night, next morning my hair was still damp so I put a bit more in and scrunched and after about 15mins when it was dry I had nice defined curls and waves throughout. I drove to work with my window down to see what the wind would do to the left side of my hair and to my surprise there was just some flyaways but the curls themselves were still in tact. I got this for $2 at wal mart so it was well worth it
EDIT:Been using for a month now and I still like it, I only use about 2 dime/quarter sizes, 1 for each side of my hair, any more than that and I do get crunchiness. Also I stopped using this when my hair was almost dry because it seemed to add frizzyness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very frizzy hair and I have tried hundreds of gels, mousses, serums, you name it. This one is actually DIFFERENT. No white flakes, as has been said before. It gives a stiff hold, but somehow looks more natural. The test was yesterday in high heat and humidity. I had put it on and evenly distributed it after shampooing (I shampoo with conditioner). Then I piled my hair somewhat messily on top of my head and went about my day. The strands that were loose stuck together in a natural looking way and did not break down into frizz. The second day in a hot, humid Chicago trek...it stayed frizz free. This stuff is better than any others I have tried...Don't know why, but it IS.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

Still on my first container, a little goes a long way. I am usually not a fan of GEL hair products cause Over the past years I've had lots of issues with the gel flaking overtime, BUT this one!!! WOW'ed me cause it did stay true to its claim.
no FLAKES, no white particles from running my fingers thru my hair after a long day,
I even slept with it overnight and still no flakes!!!
the scent is mild to none, and it works great with shine, and i can still comb through it easily.

i use this when I sick my hair in a sleek ponytail, makes my hair looks so FRESHLY pulled back with no frizz of fly-aways

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No