Bath and Body Works Paris Amour

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

[BATH & BODY WORKS SERIES #1] Since the fall of Butterfly Flower, this is my favourite B&BW Signature Scent, and my everyday go-to: lotion and/ or fragrance mist for running errands, eau de toilette for something more socially interactive. It’s unapologetically feminine, which I like, but has the wherewithal to pump the brakes before it lays the girly sweetness on too thick—must be the pink champagne—which I like even better. Overall, it’s a fun, flirty little tease of a fragrance, sexy in a “Who, me?” kind of way that doesn’t take itself too seriously...the personality I’d probably have if I weren’t such a five-star dork. The Eiffel Tower-emblazoned packaging peps up whatever surface I leave it on in my morning stupor, be it my makeshift vanity, my computer desk, or the toilet tank, and even my father seems to approve of the scent, which is the real test because the old man has the olfactory cavity of a turkey vulture and tends to lose his mellow at anything stronger than clean dog hair. Long as the company makes it, I’ll proudly buy and rock it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Although I did not but this product but instead got it as a gift I owuld still recommend this scent. It is sweet so if you are interested in more sophisticated scents this is not for you. I of course like the sweetness of it but for me it doesn't seem overpowering. The only thing I would say is the scent fades away too quickly so I do have to keep reapplying it but I kind of like that for some reason because I love the smell of it so much. Definitely worth the try if you are into sweet scents.

on 10/23/2012 10:10:00 AM

I bought this a while back. It smells decent, but I've found that it can be nauseating to certain people. Also, it doesn't smell as good after wearing it for a while. It leaves an odd scent to your clothes, almost like spoiled icing. It smells the best when you first when you put it on. I like the smell, but this definitely isn't something that I would wear all the time. I try to limit how much I use it.

on 7/13/2012 12:49:00 PM

I really liked the Paris Amour stuff. The scent was awesome, and the packaging for it was great. Bath and Body Works has some of the cutest bottles I have ever seen! I love it. I have the mini shower gel, and it smells great!

on 7/4/2012 5:15:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Gosh, the bottle is so cute! I just have to give it a try. BBW has some of the cutest perfume bottles. I find this fragrant non offensive and easy to wear. It is a few tolerable fragrances at BBW. It is similar to many Victoria's Secret Garden scents but less sweet. I find this fragrant although nice smelling, smells kind of cheap. It smellls too synthetic for my taste. However, compared with the majority of BBW fragrances, it is one of the better ones in my opinion. For my personal taste, it is a bit too strong. It's floral and musky mostly. It's very nice smelling during the initial application that I had to go back to find out what it was. As it dries down, the cheapness creeps in and synthetic room deodorizer started kicking in. Over all it's a pretty fragrant. I wish they improve on the sharpness on the perfume to make it smell a bit classier.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Paris Amour Fine Fragrance Mist is one of the brand's best selling products. Bath&BodyWorks describes the scent of Paris Amour as a "dreamy blend of French tulips, apple blossoms, and sparkling pink champagne, inspired by a romantic stroll through the streets of Paris." As you know, a few months ago Bath&BodyWorks reformulated, renamed, and repackaged their body sprays in "Fine Fragrance Mists", which are said to give you a delicate mist with more improved coverage control as well as a higher concentration of fragrance. Bath&BodyWorks also claims that their Fine Fragrance Mists contain aloe to help condition and nourish the skin. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes their products in the USA. I purchased my 3fl oz (88ml) travel sized bottle for $3.34 on a 3/$10 deal. Travel sized Fine Fragrance Mists sell individually for $6, or $14 for a full 8fl oz size.
Bath&BodyWorks describes their Fine Fragrance Mist bottles as beautiful and sophisticated. I don't know about sophisticated, but they are very pretty. Paris Amour's recyclable plastic bottle features the name of the scent written in silver lettering. A metallic pink bow wraps all the way around the bottle. On the back of the bottle is a little, pink Eiffel Tower. Cute. I love Bath&BodyWorks imagery, and Paris Amour has some of the best. It suits the scent wonderful and is extremely girly.
Bath&BodyWorks states that the "Fine Fragrance Pump" gives more precise control over scent placement and gives a more delicate mist of product. Personally I don't notice much of a difference in the mist, but I do notice a difference in the pump. It takes significantly more effort to spritz than the old body spray's pump. I don't like effort. :(
Before I do on; here is the full list of Paris Amour's scent notes:
Top Notes: Sparkling Mandarin, Strawberry, Cassis, Pink Champagne, Apple Blossom, Dewy Freesia
Mid Notes: Luscious Peach, Jasmine Petals, French Tulips, Waterlily, Frangipani
Dry Notes: French Vanilla, Coconut Milk, Amberwood, Sandalwood, Creamy Musk
Unlike many Bath&BodyWorks scents with lots of notes, Paris Amour actually smells like most of them! The base of this scent is definitely the sparkling pink champagne, which gives this scent a bubbly, effervescent quality. Various fruity notes like peach, mandarin, apple, and coconut subtly mingle with the champagne. I love fruity champagnes, I wish I had one that tasted like this scent smells. I find that blend of fruits very appealing. I said in my review of the Paris Amour Body Lotion I said that this scent smells like a blend of champagne and apple juice, and while I still agree with that, I can pick up the more subtle notes in this scent in the Fine Fragrance Mist version. Subtle notes like the gentle but almost smokey musk and sweet vanilla. I much prefer this scent in mist form because I get a better idea of the scent. It has more layers and depth this way. The soft musk makes Paris Amour just a little more sophisticated than your average fruity floral scents from Bath&BodyWorks, like Sweet Pea or Carried Away. It's a light scent that's found the perfect balance of fruity floralness.
You may remember my review of the Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist. I was quite upset with it. The spray smelled very sugary and alcoholic. I'm happy to report that I don't have that problem with Paris Amour. Like all body sprays, it does smell a bit of alcohol when first spritzed, but that quickly dries down to the Paris Amour I know and love. (By the way it was determined by a sale associate that I had a bad bottle of Sweet Pea's Fine Fragrance Mist).
However, Paris Amour did retain one issue that the Sweet Pea mist also had. The new Fine Fragrance Mists lack staying power, lasting at most 3 hours on me. That sucks, but it's a problem easily fixed. Layering the scent with it's matching lotion or shower gel or carrying around the travel sized spray for touch ups will solve the longevity issue.
I'm very pleased with Bath&BodyWorks Paris Amour Fine Fragrance Mist. I was worried it would have all the same issue as my bad bottle of Sweet Pea, which I purchased immediately after reformulation. The formula seems to have improved greatly, but I feel like it still needs tweaked just a little more to improve the longevity of the scent. Paris Amour is one of my favorite Bath&BodyWorks scents. It's young, fresh and playful, but still has a touch of class to it. Also, according to Boyfriend, who is French, Paris Amour does smell kinda French. I guess that's a bonus. The bubbly champagne and subtle fruits blend wonderfully together with hints of floral notes. I plan to pick up the full sized bottle next time I go to Bath&BodyWorks. I highly recommend this very appealing, feminine scent. Its one of Bath&BodyWorks' best.

on 6/15/2012 12:09:00 AM

Pink Champagne is the pushing point of this scent, yet I had a difficult time picking it up. This was one fragrance that I wanted to fall in love with, but instead I was left waiting at the altar. I wanted it to deepen and develop into its composite notes. Instead of a multi-spectral, diverse floral fragrance, it is somewhat less so, more two dimensional as it were. I picked up the floral note and the musk/sandalwood base, but that was about it. The middle notes really stand out in this one, as the top notes were lost to me. The BBW associate pushed the tulip note, insisting the floral element I was picking up was tulip. I believe it was the frangipani I was tuning into. While not my favorite floral, frangipani is lovely if done right.

I may give this another try, as it is not a "would not ever buy again" fragrance. Perhaps I didn't catch myself on the right day. It is amazing how my tastes change with fragrance, depending on my mood and a host of other factors. This one is worth a shot if you like florals, as it is not heady or cloying.

on 5/23/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is among my favorite BBW scent. It balances that fine line between being sweet and too floral. This is a the perfect fragrance for daytime, year round.It is a very light, fluffy fragrance that packs a punch without being too cloying or overpowering. Love it! Smells very expensive!

on 5/1/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It just doesn't live up to all this hype. I found that it smelled very cheap. I was expecting something floral and sophisticated. All I got was a boring sweet sort of note with nothing really going on. It's really sad how down-hill BBW has gone. Their packaging is better than the actual perfume. It use to be the other way around.

on 4/15/2012 8:08:00 PM

i had to write a review on this because this is def one of my very favorite B&B scents! i know as you get older the types of scents you gravitate towards will prob change, but i absolutely LOVE this scent! i think if falling in love in paris had a smell..it would smell like this. it was love at first smell for me. cheesy, but true : ) i hope they never discontinue this. before paris amour, my favorite scent sold @ B&B was dark kiss, and now dark kiss is a close second.

Popular Fragrances