Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush

4.5

I got this brush in Japan. It was almost half the price! I bought it because of so many good reviews about it, and I must say I was not disappointed. I use it on liquid foundations and it glides on smoothly and makes my skin look so poreless. Not sure if it's the brush or the foundation though!
It's small size makes it very easy to pack. I love it! I just regret not buying a lot!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is super thick synthetic brush at a great price that gives a flawless application. Dip it in product and *gently* stipple/press it into the skin. It's short, which I prefer because it makes it great for travel and also fits neatly in cosmetics storage drawers at home. I know some people complain about the brush head being small, but it stipples so well (because it's so dense) that there is no buffing needed and application is SO QUICK once you get the hang of it. I use this for applying primer and liquid foundation, but it also apparently works with powders as well (check out the Shiseido demo on YouTube). The asymmetrical shape and small size make it good for concealer too, though I have another brush I'm partial to using for that. All in all, this brush with incredible value--especially at $30. I will probably pick up another for backup at some point.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive dry skin and this brush DID NOT work for me. It made my skin flakier and irritated my skin.

I bought this brush because the sales clerk raved about it for almost 5 minutes and I needed a good foundation brush but now I want to go back and scream for my money back.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Definitely soft to the touch. I've used it to apply liquid concealer, powder foundation, and BB cream, all extremely successfully. Because of how dense it is, it helps apply it for more coverage, so I use this with powder foundation (in a patting motion) and it applies flawlessly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Update:11th August:
I hate having spent so much money and not making use of an item.
Now, I am happier - I found a use for this brush - applying cream blusher!!!
Yipee, and it's perfect. It's small size enables me a better control in the blending. Wonderful.
---------------------------------------------------------
I so much wanted to love this brush.
No, I am not complaining of the small size - this is fine with me as I just work on small areas at a time and it is indeed helpful for sides of nose etc.
It must be the densed hairs that is giving me the problem - it just deposits foundation into the tiny pores on my nose and when I look closer, it looks like I got white heads all over my nose. And it's not because my foundation is lighter/colour does not blend into my skin colour. The 'white heads' is just on my nose and nowhere else.
I noticed it when i first started using this - be it powder foundation or my Dior Skin foundation or my Dior BB cream.
I put it aside and tried to forget it and the money I plonked on it.
Then I came across Goss Wayne's tip about powdering one's face before applying foundation.
So, I took this brush out again, and this time I used Sulwahsoo's creamy/cushion foundation.
The 'white heads' appear again.
I had to wipe/scrub off the foundation, on my nose area, re-apply with the sponge that came with the foundation. - no 'white heads'.
Sadly, I now deduce - this foundation brush gives me 'white heads' on my nose.
Back into the drawer it will be, to be bin-ned one fine day, I supposed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Im loving this brush. I collected MAC brushes, but somehow i cant find a suitable brush for a natural sheer finish. So i googled online and find rave reviews on this. Bought it and it really works well with my MAC Face and body. Dot some foundation on my face then just swipe the brush. Gives a very natural finish, like im not wearing makeup. The only problem i have with this brush is washing it. Took a while to get all the foundation out maybe because the bristles is so dense.

Amazing! Blends so good and can get right into small areas around you nose and under the eye, could not use another foundation brush after having this one as it the only one I have had that doesn't leave brush streaks. Love this product!

This is quite expensive for a brush but well worth it. It give a flawless finish regardless how i apply. Sheer coverage if I sweep outwards and heavier coverage when I dap. I will definitly recommend and repurchase.

MINUS ONE LIPPY BECAUSE I think the Beauty Blender (currently, my HG) does a better -if not the best - job at creating the airbrushed finish. After the Beauty Blender, I'll go to this brush for foundation application.

The GREAT THING ABOUT IT is it applies foundation compactly, i.e., your foundation will go on with the most coverage (whereas the dampened Beauty Blender sheers out your foundation -- but I just apply another layer to fix that). It's also great for getting into hard to reach places like around your nose and under your eyes.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I LOVE this brush! Gives you a flawless look depending on how you apply it. Swiping it will give you normal coverage, but if you dab it, it will give you more coverage whilst not looking too heavy! However, it does eat up more foundation compared to other foundation brushes, I think because of how dense it is, but its the density which gives the flawless, heavier coverage! Takes longer to dry too after washing, so I always make sure I give it plenty of time to dry, or put it under the sun. I like that the handle isn't too long, as I've noticed with my MAC one, I keep jabbing the mirror whilst applying foundation. I've had this brush over a year now, (2years this xmas), and haven't noticed any shedding maybe around 5 bristles have fallen off since? The handle and logo look pretty much the same as when I bought them. Great quality brush, does what I want it to do and more! Will definitely replace this one when I need to get rid of it, but I don't think that will be any time soon! Price wise, wasn't too bad, think I bought it for HKD400.

Popular Makeup Brushes