April 17, 2014 | 1823 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works and works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

Forget your typical foundation brush, this one does it all! The bristles are so dense that the blending process is actually sped up. Work lightly in circles and you'll change the way you see the whole picture, it's amazing! The round head is angled for precision work, making anywhere around the eye, the hairline, and wherever need be a total breeze. The size of the brush head is smaller than a quarter, and length is about 1/2". The full handle is very graspable at less than 4" long, while the ferrule itself is a nice 1 1/4". All materials used for this brush are just gorgeous. Synthetic hairs allow for any type of product to be used, and I can't rave enough about how soft it is. The Japanese technique for doing one hair at a time that was used explains the price, the reason for not one case of shedding, and unreal quality. I see a trend in brushes like Hakuhodo, the Billy B line, and now Wayne Goss... the shorter handle just makes sense.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by RelaxDontDoIt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this brush for liquid and cream foundation. I'd only heard of it when I was buying gloss at the Clarins counter at Macys which is connected to the Shi counter. The SA asked if I'd ever heard of it and of course I hadn't since I hadn't stopped by the Shiseido counter in ages. She told me how it was their best seller and so of course I had to buy it. I am really glad I did because it delivers! It's a slanted flat top with very densely packed bristles that are incredibly soft. The one drawback for me is the handle length. It's rather short, however it's not enough of a reason to list as a negative trait overall. Perhaps some people like the shorter handle on a foundation brush so they can get closer to the mirror and ensure flawless application.

I used to use Shiseido foundation stick about 15 years ago and had I not been scoping out some Clarins glosses I never would've discovered this brush. I highly recommend you check out this brush next time you have access. I believe it was 30-35USD. Not bad considering it'll likely last a long time given proper care etc. Wash weekly and condition every other week.

By way of background, I've bought and tried countless brushes from ELF, MAC, TM, BB, Chanel, LM and then some. This is one brush I will ALWAYS have in my stash. I just PRAY they never d/c it. It provides flawless airbrushed looking results when used to gently swirl foundation. I haven't tried it with powder foundation but I'm sure it works wonders with that too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is small but mighty! It's a lot smaller than I expected for a foundation brush - when I went to the Shiseido counter I couldn't find it and then I saw this smallish brush and was turned off. But it's great for applying foundation around tight spots like the nose area, and the fibers are densely packed (but soft) for a flawless finish. I'm planning on trying it with more foundations and will update this review as necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Picked this up as I was in line @ Sephora since they had them in the bins for "spur of the moment" purchases. At first glance I though it would make a great sculpting/contouring brush and then I got it home and read the package. I thought it was a little on the small side for applying foundation but what they heck, if it didn't work well for foundation I could always put it into service for contouring...this was my original thought.

Let me tell you, this little brush is absolutely awesome! It applies foundation like a dream, I am talking absolutely perfect application with little to no effort. I am going to bust out some of my harder to apply foundations and see what it does with them (CK One I am talking about you!). This little number cut my make-up routine down quite a bit and the size is perfect for travel. The price was around $30, I would have to go back and check my receipt for the exact price...but it is definitely worth every penny spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently bought this brush and the first thing I noticed was how much smaller it is compared to most foundation brushes.

I do not have big hands and using it the brush is no problem. But, it is tedious to use as it is smaller.... It takes a little more time to use this.

But the result is flawless. I feel like I use less product have this brush. I believe the technique with this brush is to "stipple". But it could be used any way which floats your boat, Im sure the result would still be nice with this brush.

the bristles are soft, very dense and angles.

until now, I have not experienced the brush shedding.

Overall, very pleased as with most Shiseido's items.

UPDATE 11.07.2013: Still going good! No shedding. Still applies like new. BUT THIS BRUSH IS A PAIN IN THE A%& TO CLEAN AND DRY! I recommend investing in a good brush cleaner just for this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of foundation brushes. I have rosacea and I need to use a stippling action to get the right effect. This brush is really great for that, but it's not so great for the more traditional circular motion.

What I love about it - the quality is impressive for the price point. Good brushes do not come cheap. The brush head is densely packed, the angle of the bristles is incredibly precise. It has not lost a single bristle yet. Despite the firm feel of the brush head, the bristles themselves are very soft and not prickly. It is also a beautiful little brush just from an aesthetics point of view. The small angled head is perfect for detail work like around the nose and lips.

What I don't love about it - the size. The handle is really short, and the brush head is pretty small, I'd say somewhere between dime and nickel sized in diameter. It looks like a travel brush, and it almost disappears down into the cup where I store my brushes upright (after drying of course). It takes more time to do your entire face with this than if you used a bigger brush. It does take some persistence to get it clean because it is so dense, and it doesn't dry overnight in my climate which sucks. It is easier to clean if you clean it often, like once a week, but because it dries so slowly it can be inconvenient - especially if it is your only brush.

So bottom line - it is a good brush if you have the time and patience to deal with it. I would probably buy it again if I lost it because it definitely has its uses, but I am interested in finding another brush with a similar brush head style that is larger, both the head diameter and handle length.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first flat-top foundation brush I've tried and it's awesome! I didn't think anything could possibly blend in liquid foundation better than the brushes I already had (Armani and Prescriptives) or the Beauty Blender sponge, but this is amazing. It really buffs in the foundation so that it's totally seamless - no streaks and a flawless finish. I've had it for a few months now so I've washed it a bunch, and it's still incredibly soft. If you're looking to upgrade your foundation brush, this is the one to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I usually use a Beauty Blender, and am generally not super keen on brushes (although I do prefer them for powder) - but this is a massive exception!

A friend of mine has a similar brush and let me have a feel of it...I knew I had to get myself something similar, so I bought myself this Shisheido brush. Best call ever.

The brush has short, dense, and velvety bristles - and does a miraculous job buffing and blending foundation into skin. I didn't think anything could beat my Beauty Blender, but this might be my new favourite! Some reviews have complained that the size of the brush is too small for their liking - I personally think that the size is perfect: you can easily buff into your nose and around your eyes... I've yet to try this for contouring, but I have a feeling it would be ideal for it!

I've got no complaints about this brilliant little brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Having used (infrequently) those flat paddle-like foundation brushes I didn't see any need for another one. But the reviews convinced me to try this out. It makes a phenomenal difference in the finish of my foundation unlike the others that only served to swish it around my skin. The shape, cut an density of this pushes the product into crevices and pores while simultaneously buffing. I wish I had this years ago. Comments on the smallness seem strange because it is just different and if you want something the size of a housepaint brush then use that. We are apply makeup to our faces ladies not painting a barn! Because it is so very dense it has to be washed and rinsed a few times after use to get the product out and it does take longer to dry. This even creates a smoother less detectable finish for my undereye concealer. A very worthwhile investment at $30.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No