December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Enhances foundation application, delivering polished finish with relative ease, saving both time and effort. Highly portable too. A winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by MintyBr33z3

i like this brush a lot and do hope that shisedo would make brushes. i liked how soft and well put the whole btush was, but i can see why everyone hates cleaning it. in terms of application it is almost flawless.. okay it was flawless for me, but everyone has different sets of application skills... so cant say that this is for everyone, but i would highly recommend this brush just because i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by ronjajessica

This brush is absolutely amazing. It applies any foundation (liquid, cream, even powder) beautifully on to your skin. Also it maximizes the coverage that the product gives (if you use patting movements to apply the product).
The size of the brush can be a problem for somebody, but I find it actually very great. You can get very precise application with tiny brush and also it is easier to apply foundation under your eyes, sides of your nose and so on.
Also the price is OK. Little on the expensive side, but reasonable for a good quality brush, that last very long time.
Even tho the prize is okay, if for some reason I would lost or break this brush, I wouldn't spend my money on it again. I would maybe try a cheaper, same style brush for instead.

Only downside of this brush would be the cleaning. Because the bristles are so dense and short, cleaning can be a pain in the bum. But with patience and good brush cleaning method you can win the situation.

And then to end a little pros and cons for a easy access review:

PROS
+ Applies foundation beautifully
+ Easy to use
+ Small size is convenient (easier to apply small areas of your face, good for travelling)

CONS
- CLEANING IS VERY VERY HARD
- Small size can be a problem for somebody
- Applying foundation is little slower with such a small brush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation brush is great! It can be used with creams, liquids or powders. The only con is that it eats up foundation, you really need to deep clean this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush, very tiny though. My arms were hurting but it helped camouflage my pores. I'm glad I bought it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Paigeyuwen

This is the best foundation brush I hv ever used , the hair are really soft, and really easy to apply foundation evenly. But so far, the only problem I found is to clean the brush. Different from normal brush, this brush has really intense and short hair, thus when I was Doing the cleaning , I found there were some foundation still stick on the inner part of the brush, and really hard to get them off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works and works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

Forget your typical foundation brush, this one does it all! The bristles are so dense that the blending process is actually sped up. Work lightly in circles and you'll change the way you see the whole picture, it's amazing! The round head is angled for precision work, making anywhere around the eye, the hairline, and wherever need be a total breeze. The size of the brush head is smaller than a quarter, and length is about 1/2". The full handle is very graspable at less than 4" long, while the ferrule itself is a nice 1 1/4". All materials used for this brush are just gorgeous. Synthetic hairs allow for any type of product to be used, and I can't rave enough about how soft it is. The Japanese technique for doing one hair at a time that was used explains the price, the reason for not one case of shedding, and unreal quality. I see a trend in brushes like Hakuhodo, the Billy B line, and now Wayne Goss... the shorter handle just makes sense.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by RelaxDontDoIt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this brush for liquid and cream foundation. I'd only heard of it when I was buying gloss at the Clarins counter at Macys which is connected to the Shi counter. The SA asked if I'd ever heard of it and of course I hadn't since I hadn't stopped by the Shiseido counter in ages. She told me how it was their best seller and so of course I had to buy it. I am really glad I did because it delivers! It's a slanted flat top with very densely packed bristles that are incredibly soft. The one drawback for me is the handle length. It's rather short, however it's not enough of a reason to list as a negative trait overall. Perhaps some people like the shorter handle on a foundation brush so they can get closer to the mirror and ensure flawless application.

I used to use Shiseido foundation stick about 15 years ago and had I not been scoping out some Clarins glosses I never would've discovered this brush. I highly recommend you check out this brush next time you have access. I believe it was 30-35USD. Not bad considering it'll likely last a long time given proper care etc. Wash weekly and condition every other week.

By way of background, I've bought and tried countless brushes from ELF, MAC, TM, BB, Chanel, LM and then some. This is one brush I will ALWAYS have in my stash. I just PRAY they never d/c it. It provides flawless airbrushed looking results when used to gently swirl foundation. I haven't tried it with powder foundation but I'm sure it works wonders with that too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This brush is small but mighty! It's a lot smaller than I expected for a foundation brush - when I went to the Shiseido counter I couldn't find it and then I saw this smallish brush and was turned off. But it's great for applying foundation around tight spots like the nose area, and the fibers are densely packed (but soft) for a flawless finish. I'm planning on trying it with more foundations and will update this review as necessary.