Essie grow stronger

3.8

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Camphor, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Diacetone Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Dimethicone, May also contain:, Mica (CI 77891), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77163), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 77491, CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15880), Red 34 (CI 15880) (CI 77266), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 73360), Red 30 (CI 73360) (CI 75170), Guanine (CI 77000), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) (CI 770007), Ultramarines (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 19140), Yellow 5 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), F.I.L. D44247/2

on 12/19/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this! It has restored my nails so much! My nails are now decent without nail polish, after having used acetone to remove my nail polish (which I still do, because it's so effective). But using this as a base coat everytime I repaint my nails has been so beneficial for me, and now my nails are nice, long, and healthy looking, despite my constant nail painting and removing.

I swear by this base coat. I use to have nails that break or split easily and I can never grow my nails out. Ever since I've been using this product, my nails are SO much stronger and healthier. I even have friends that think my nails are fake now! The only reason I have this product an overall rating of 4 is because I'm halfway through the bottle and it is starting to get goopy. I would have to shake it up real good before applying it to my nails.

on 11/2/2012 11:11:00 PM

This is a terrible product! It does NOT grow nails stronger. In fact, it does the complete opposite: it makes them super brittle! This product, I believe is around $8.99... there are definitely better products out there, like Formula 2 by Nailtiques for around the same price. This is just really a disappointing product. I expected more from Essie.

on 9/13/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I thought I'd give this a try: my nails are weak and peeling. Also, I never expected it to miraculously make me have really long nails, no. I've never seen something that worked that great, to be honest.
My expectations were: to make the peeling stop and stronger the nails just so they won't break. Right now I'm through half the bottle, and I'd say this does absolutely nothing. It is almost like my nails actually started to peel more than they did before this base, so I am going to change it asap.
The only nice thing about this basecoat is that it dries quickly, makes the nail polish stay on longer and keeps nails from getting yellow from bright-coloured polishes.

on 8/30/2012 9:11:00 AM

This made my nails grow faster. I could actually feel them growing! But it also made my nails so brittle, and made them break more easily than before. I did not overuse it. It dried very fast, and made the nail polish stay without chipping for up to one week.

on 8/2/2012 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Hasnt worked at all and my nail Polish is still tacky days after using this.

My nails are so weak. They break, chip, peel, etc. They never grow long because they are so weak. I bought this and not only has it made my nails MUCH stronger, but my nails are already growing longer after 2 applications :) Clear, so it makes for a very pretty natural look.

on 7/4/2012 11:43:00 PM

Well I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the way I put it on, or if I've bought multiple "lemons".
I'm not sure about the whole "dries super fast" bit...sometimes yes, but sometimes it's still able to be dented or whatever. A second coat within an hour just doesn't work-stays malleable. When I put an Essie polish with color, tiny bubbles seem to come to the surface and dry. Really annoying.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

I want to just say this product is really pretty good but there were a lot of cons but i still like it. my problem is that it is a sheer pink color and i don't really want sheer pink under my green and blue nail polishes. another thing is that it gets super gooey and thick within a month. I don't even think I've had this for a whole month and its already hard to work with. But that being said I like it OK and maybe I'm the only one who's polish was like that. If anyone else had the same problem I'd really like to know so that I can decide whether or not to repurchase it.

on 5/14/2012 5:31:00 PM

Im sorry to drag down the ratings for this, i wish it worked but it didnt. it actually made my nails chip, flakes of my nails comes off and they look worse then ever. I tried it several times so i know its this polish.

Popular Treatments