April 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Treatments - Essie - grow stronger

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hasnt worked at all and my nail Polish is still tacky days after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

My nails are so weak. They break, chip, peel, etc. They never grow long because they are so weak. I bought this and not only has it made my nails MUCH stronger, but my nails are already growing longer after 2 applications :) Clear, so it makes for a very pretty natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ndlax14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the way I put it on, or if I've bought multiple "lemons".
I'm not sure about the whole "dries super fast" bit...sometimes yes, but sometimes it's still able to be dented or whatever. A second coat within an hour just doesn't work-stays malleable. When I put an Essie polish with color, tiny bubbles seem to come to the surface and dry. Really annoying.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by georgiapeach21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to just say this product is really pretty good but there were a lot of cons but i still like it. my problem is that it is a sheer pink color and i don't really want sheer pink under my green and blue nail polishes. another thing is that it gets super gooey and thick within a month. I don't even think I've had this for a whole month and its already hard to work with. But that being said I like it OK and maybe I'm the only one who's polish was like that. If anyone else had the same problem I'd really like to know so that I can decide whether or not to repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Bambiina

Im sorry to drag down the ratings for this, i wish it worked but it didnt. it actually made my nails chip, flakes of my nails comes off and they look worse then ever. I tried it several times so i know its this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! This stuff is amazing. I have the worst nails possible, they are bendy and they peel. Even if I managed to grow them out, it looked awful. When I started using this product, I immediately noticed a difference as soon as it dried. It instantly hardens your nails, and even when removed you nails are noticeabley stronger. If you have trouble growing your nails you should consider this. Highly recommened. I will always repurchase this; my favorite base coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far impressed with this. I have peeling nails the was a "hope and a prayer" purchase. I've been using it for about a month and it seems to be helping. On the nails where cut down past all the peeling and had a fresh start seem staying peel free BUT I also started using Hoof Nail Strengther Cream around the same time so I'm not sure if is that or a combination of both. I like this treatment because it is a good base coat as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by alyssadk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, my nails are a mess. When I got my first manicure done at a salon, the lady told me I had the thinnest nails she had ever seen. My skin is always dry and my nails split a lot. I decided to try this and I really like it. As others have said, it looks nice on its own. It dries really fast and smooths out my nails. I didn't even realize my nails weren't smooth until I applied this and felt them! I've only used it a couple times and have noticed my nails growing faster. This base coat has made me enjoy polishing my nails again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff has saved my nails! Previously I had used the Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat. What that left me with was weak, peeling nails. It made me scared to wear nail polish in fear of exacerbating these conditions. I could see the tips of my nails split under the nail polish, and it was so depressing that I went months without applying nail polish.

This just wouldn't do. So I began to seek out my miracle product to give my nails back their strength and confidence. I decided to try the Essie Grow Stronger after being unable to find the Essie First Base base coat (the former being readily available at my local Walmart, drug store, etc.etc.). No more peeling nails! I haven't been using this stuff for very long but since purchasing it I no longer fear fun nail colours, and I have this product to thank! It honestly has changed my life.

EDIT: I've begun to notice some peeling, but they're still in better condition than before. Took one lippie off for non-HG but still good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this product to help my nails recover after getting shellac removed.... This stiff is amazing! Goes on super sheer punk and almost matte, looks beautiful and helps seal in all potential peeling edges or cracks. Comes in a standard Essie bottle (love those) and dries super quickly!! Would buy again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No