December 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Treatments - Essie - grow stronger

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by priscillatse124

I swear by this base coat. I use to have nails that break or split easily and I can never grow my nails out. Ever since I've been using this product, my nails are SO much stronger and healthier. I even have friends that think my nails are fake now! The only reason I have this product an overall rating of 4 is because I'm halfway through the bottle and it is starting to get goopy. I would have to shake it up real good before applying it to my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Hthrxo

This is a terrible product! It does NOT grow nails stronger. In fact, it does the complete opposite: it makes them super brittle! This product, I believe is around $8.99... there are definitely better products out there, like Formula 2 by Nailtiques for around the same price. This is just really a disappointing product. I expected more from Essie.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd give this a try: my nails are weak and peeling. Also, I never expected it to miraculously make me have really long nails, no. I've never seen something that worked that great, to be honest.
My expectations were: to make the peeling stop and stronger the nails just so they won't break. Right now I'm through half the bottle, and I'd say this does absolutely nothing. It is almost like my nails actually started to peel more than they did before this base, so I am going to change it asap.
The only nice thing about this basecoat is that it dries quickly, makes the nail polish stay on longer and keeps nails from getting yellow from bright-coloured polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by SignMeUp

This made my nails grow faster. I could actually feel them growing! But it also made my nails so brittle, and made them break more easily than before. I did not overuse it. It dried very fast, and made the nail polish stay without chipping for up to one week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hasnt worked at all and my nail Polish is still tacky days after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

My nails are so weak. They break, chip, peel, etc. They never grow long because they are so weak. I bought this and not only has it made my nails MUCH stronger, but my nails are already growing longer after 2 applications :) Clear, so it makes for a very pretty natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ndlax14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the way I put it on, or if I've bought multiple "lemons".
I'm not sure about the whole "dries super fast" bit...sometimes yes, but sometimes it's still able to be dented or whatever. A second coat within an hour just doesn't work-stays malleable. When I put an Essie polish with color, tiny bubbles seem to come to the surface and dry. Really annoying.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by georgiapeach21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to just say this product is really pretty good but there were a lot of cons but i still like it. my problem is that it is a sheer pink color and i don't really want sheer pink under my green and blue nail polishes. another thing is that it gets super gooey and thick within a month. I don't even think I've had this for a whole month and its already hard to work with. But that being said I like it OK and maybe I'm the only one who's polish was like that. If anyone else had the same problem I'd really like to know so that I can decide whether or not to repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Bambiina

Im sorry to drag down the ratings for this, i wish it worked but it didnt. it actually made my nails chip, flakes of my nails comes off and they look worse then ever. I tried it several times so i know its this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! This stuff is amazing. I have the worst nails possible, they are bendy and they peel. Even if I managed to grow them out, it looked awful. When I started using this product, I immediately noticed a difference as soon as it dried. It instantly hardens your nails, and even when removed you nails are noticeabley stronger. If you have trouble growing your nails you should consider this. Highly recommened. I will always repurchase this; my favorite base coat.