TheBalm Frat Boy

4.6

on 1/10/2014 12:50:00 PM

Best blush ever! It's soooo.... pigmented, awesome color payoff even I use an extremely fine brush (hakuhodo G5538BkSL) to apply lightly. The shade is super natural, it can be an universal shade for most skin complexions. Super smooth finish, doesn't make my skin look dry at all like most of powder products. Cute and sturdy packaging, just makes me happy every time to use it. What really makes it a winner out of all the blushes is it's harsh chemical free. 5 out of 5 no doubt, this is the blush every girl should own!

on 11/22/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Forget Nars Orgasm. THEBALM FRATBOY is the real deal universal shade blush. It's pigmented enough to show up on the deepest complexion and versatile enough to look good on the lightest complexion. So long as you like finishes that are more or less matte, I would strongly encourage you to try this.

The color is the real claim to fame for this blush. Some people say it's peach, some say pink, some say coral, I've even heard lavenderish pink...they're all right. It's all of those colors morphed into one, and can easily adjust to your skin tone. Obviously, if you have warmer undertones this will pull more peachy whereas if you are cool skinned it will look more pink. The unique color paired with the high density pigmentation makes it a very high quality blush.

Lasting power is not any better than other powder blushes, but I never expect a difference in the wear time of powder blushes because I have very oily skin. I don't mind reapplying this.

I hate the packaging and it gives off an initial impression that this is cheap and low quality but believe me, it is anything but. I can see why Temptalia rated this one so high and put it on the Editor's choice awards list.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite blushes! It is a beautiful peachy pink color that looks really natural. The formula is amazing! Super pigmented but super blendable. Definitely wait for The Balm to be on Hautelook to get this for 9 bucks! Honestly though, it is worth the full price of $22!

on 11/6/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This my HG blush along with Benefit Coralista. They're really similar btw, but without such a glow, so it's perfect if you're a fan of more matte blushes. It is very, very pigmented, and will probably last forever without a need to repurchase any time soon!

on 9/1/2013 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love thebalm blushes. This was the first one in ever purchased. Lovely peachy coral matte shade for a daily look (especially in spring/summer). Wears incredibly well and very pigmented. Price ver reasonable too, packaging very sleek, very travel friendly.

This is a really beautiful warm peachy colored blush that suits many skintones. I got mine 50% off on HauteLook which is awesome! This blush is completely matte, and gives my pale skin a nice flush of warm radiance. I have to be careful with how much I apply though, or else it starts to look almost a redish color on my cheeks. Overall, the pigmentation and formula of this blush is great. Whenever I wear a primer with my makeup and apply this blush - it lasts the whole day - no touch up's needed!! I could definitely see myself repurchasing.

on 8/15/2013 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's the first blusher that I'm not disappointed with. I love the packaging cause its very unique and can be distinguish with other brands. The color is perfect for my skin tone and its not very pinky, but a light natural color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this blush! I purchased this from Hautelook for almost 50% off original price. I absolutely love the formula. It is extremely pigmented and a little goes a long way.

on 6/9/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This blush is worth the price and even more.
Frat boy is a lovely springy matte warm peachy pink that brightens my face up. Looks like MAC cream blush in Something Special, although a bit pinkier.
The packaging is cute and very sleek considering the generous amount of product you get.
Applies smoothly, doesn't oxidise or irritate my skin and it's very longlasting.

The only intimidating point for me is the level of pigmentation. I am used to sheer glowy blushes like the Diorblush line and they are practically foolproof, can't really look too much.
Frat boy on the other hand is VERY PIGMENTED. One can't just slather it on the go/ without proper light. I'm very fair and it's the only blush I have to use a fan brush for and build the pigmentation gradually with miniscule amounts of product.

I still would recommend/ repurchase because it looks wonderful and stays all day; it just requires extra attention during application.

on 5/19/2013 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I need to calm down with buying blushers but THIS WAS 50% OFF, HOW COULD I SAY NO D:! I'm a huge sucker for warm corals/pinks. I made the mistake of enthusiastically swirling my brush all over the pan and smacking it on my cheeks. wah...so pigmented - not complaining just saying. use a light hand and buff it out for a lovely flush of color. smooth and finely milled. pretty good staying power for a good majority of the day on my acne-prone, oily skin. I'm sure it's a very dupe-able color but if you can get it on sale then get it, you won't regret it :D

Top Rated TheBalm Products