September 20, 2014 | 1606 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Frat Boy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This is a really beautiful warm peachy colored blush that suits many skintones. I got mine 50% off on HauteLook which is awesome! This blush is completely matte, and gives my pale skin a nice flush of warm radiance. I have to be careful with how much I apply though, or else it starts to look almost a redish color on my cheeks. Overall, the pigmentation and formula of this blush is great. Whenever I wear a primer with my makeup and apply this blush - it lasts the whole day - no touch up's needed!! I could definitely see myself repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Syuha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's the first blusher that I'm not disappointed with. I love the packaging cause its very unique and can be distinguish with other brands. The color is perfect for my skin tone and its not very pinky, but a light natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Makenzie4126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! I purchased this from Hautelook for almost 50% off original price. I absolutely love the formula. It is extremely pigmented and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by stls

This blush is worth the price and even more.
Frat boy is a lovely springy matte warm peachy pink that brightens my face up. Looks like MAC cream blush in Something Special, although a bit pinkier.
The packaging is cute and very sleek considering the generous amount of product you get.
Applies smoothly, doesn't oxidise or irritate my skin and it's very longlasting.

The only intimidating point for me is the level of pigmentation. I am used to sheer glowy blushes like the Diorblush line and they are practically foolproof, can't really look too much.
Frat boy on the other hand is VERY PIGMENTED. One can't just slather it on the go/ without proper light. I'm very fair and it's the only blush I have to use a fan brush for and build the pigmentation gradually with miniscule amounts of product.

I still would recommend/ repurchase because it looks wonderful and stays all day; it just requires extra attention during application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

I need to calm down with buying blushers but THIS WAS 50% OFF, HOW COULD I SAY NO D:! I'm a huge sucker for warm corals/pinks. I made the mistake of enthusiastically swirling my brush all over the pan and smacking it on my cheeks. wah...so pigmented - not complaining just saying. use a light hand and buff it out for a lovely flush of color. smooth and finely milled. pretty good staying power for a good majority of the day on my acne-prone, oily skin. I'm sure it's a very dupe-able color but if you can get it on sale then get it, you won't regret it :D

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The blush's extremely pigmented. I found it very easy to overdo, and I was using a stipple brush. The color's true to pan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Gorgeous warm toned blush that I use occasionally but not something I can't do without.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the color of this blush and I adore that it's matte it's a lovely coral pink however the staying power is poor after about three-four hours it looks like I never had any blush on at all I got down boy to try and see if I had the same problem if I do then I will just stick with my tarte blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Logan696

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just love this blush! Ive been wanting to try the balm for so long and finally at rexall they have buy one get one free AND spend 30$ or more get the bronzer for free! AMAZING! so i finally gave in because i couldnt pass that up. I picked up this blush. Its matte and a coral pink, i love the application! it applies so nice and smooth its also very blenable! i will deff repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty coral-peach-pink-apricot fusion of matte colors! It lasts me a full workday with no fading. I like that there's no shimmer to it. It doesn't accentuate pores or anything. It adds a nice warmth to the face. Some coral/peach blushes might look orange on certain skin, but my experience with theBalm has been true-to-color product. What you see is the color that shows up on your face. The same goes for theBalm's Down Boy blush. With a light swipe, this can be worn sheer or with a heavier swipe it will be super pigmented. Definitely buildable & very affordable. Repurchase? Absolutely!

For reference, I'm asian, dry skin, nc25 with yellow undertones.