Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

on 11/2/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product for me because it's hard to find a product that gives you good curl definition, but doesn't also dry your hair and way it down. This is a light product that I sometimes layer with other things such as a gel or an oil. It makes my curls very defined and not hard or crunchy at all. By the second day it is dry, but my hair is naturally very dry so I can deal with that. As for the smell to me it is overly fruity and if you're sensitive to products with a lot of fragrance you should probably stay away. For me it lingers on my hair for 2-3 days which I don't mind. It is a pretty expensive product but all Shea Moisture products are. The jar it comes in is huge and has lasted me months and so that balances out the hefty price I think.

on 10/19/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't get the hype over this product. Yes, it smells wonderful and really seems to make my frizz & curls clump beautifully into ringlets but after wash day, I have patches of frizz in my hair. It's only moisturizing for the first day. It also leaves a waxy film on my hair afterwards. Luckily, I didn't buy this and a $3 off coupon was used so it was a good deal. I'll finish it just because it wasn't terrible and I don't like half-full bottles/jars taking up space underneath my sink.

on 9/23/2014 12:44:00 PM

I love love this product. Omg my 3b curly fine, thin, colored hair. My hair has been dyed every color and only survived because of this conditioner.

on 9/13/2014 2:29:00 PM

I didn't find this product to be particularly moisturizing and the scent was heavy and lingering. Overpoweringly sweet and fruity, I didn't care for it and it turned me off this product altogether.
But it didn't do much for my hair anyway. I was looking for something to add to my dry hair when I need a little added moisture, especially on the ends. The search continues.
Wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It's extremely moisturizing and I don't have very dry hair so I don't use it often, only when my hair has been feeling unusually dry. It smells wonderful, and the smell stays in my hair for a long while after it's dried. I don't have to use a whole lot when I do use it, which is rather surprising since I usually have to use more of some products that I would like because of how thick my hair is....but it's nice because it means I won't go through it very fast.

on 8/18/2014 6:15:00 PM

This is way too much for my fine, frizzy hair. My daughter with thick, heavy waves said it wasn't right for her either. The scent is a happy, tropical one that I enjoy when used to shave my legs. I could get some milage out of it if I condition first and shampoo second but I never remember.

on 8/15/2014 8:16:00 PM

I love this product... I am a curly hair product junkie, and this is one of the best products I've used... I put it in after the shower on towel dried hair then follow with finesse curl moose and my curls have never looked better... It smells amazing and it gives great moisture to your curls... Just don't put too much or it will feel thick and weighed down..

on 7/29/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my baby!! I insanely love this thing!! I use it as a leave-in conditioner on wet (but not dripping) hair. I have 3b/3c thick curly hair that always needs moisture. This gives it to me and it smells like pina colada. RECOMMEND! I will buy it again til Im broke!

on 7/27/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It took me about 4 tubs (threw away the 1st tub, gave away the 2nd and 3rd) but now I finally get the hang of it and have learned how I can make this leave in/styler work for my hair. I have colored 3b/3c curls with some damaged parts from bleaching and too many spins around the color wheel. I use this product alone or with the curling gel soufflé for my wash n go. The trick for me is to apply to damp hair and use no more than about a teaspoon of product for my whole head. Then I diffuse and be on my business. It definitely gives my hair bounce and a very soft hold. My curls are defined but not super defined because I only use a little (when I use more they come out super defined, but I prefer big fluffy hair). Now that I know how to play with this, I will repurchase

on 7/21/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product smells great but aside from a little moisturization, not sure that it really defines my curls at all. I've been using it for quite a while after a shampoo as a styler for wash and gos, as well as for twists and I haven't seen much of a difference in definition. I have 4a/b hair so maybe it works for those with a looser curl pattern.

Popular Hair Products