Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

on 1/6/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Works very well on my daughters very curly hair. Gets rid of all tangles and knots and air dries to perfect tendril curls

on 12/24/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the best all-in-one hair moisturizer and styler that I have tried since I've been natural (almost 12 years!) It is a thick, creamy product that comes in a jar, which I think is appropriate for products of this consistency. There is a light, floral scent with a hint of coconut; I don't notice it at all once my hair has dried. I use on freshly washed hair, applying a generous amount and smoothing it down my hair in three or four sections. I smooth a bit on the edges and fluff my hair, and I am done with my wash-and-go.

In real life, people have complained to me that this product can cause buildup on their hair. I avoid this by only applying on freshly washed, damp hair, and not reapplying until I wash again. I refresh my style on subsequent days by showering without a cap, fluffing my hair with wet hands, and/or spraying on some SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist. I can go 3-4 days with this daily routine along with sleeping with a satin bonnet.

This is a product that I have recommended again and again to people with hair similar to mine. I have 4a, thick, below-brastrap , color-treated hair.

I simply cannot live without this. The scent to start is absolutely amazing. My hair smells great and is soooo moisturized after applying this. My hair takes on this silky soft texture and I haven't found anything this great without making my hair greasy.

on 11/2/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product for me because it's hard to find a product that gives you good curl definition, but doesn't also dry your hair and way it down. This is a light product that I sometimes layer with other things such as a gel or an oil. It makes my curls very defined and not hard or crunchy at all. By the second day it is dry, but my hair is naturally very dry so I can deal with that. As for the smell to me it is overly fruity and if you're sensitive to products with a lot of fragrance you should probably stay away. For me it lingers on my hair for 2-3 days which I don't mind. It is a pretty expensive product but all Shea Moisture products are. The jar it comes in is huge and has lasted me months and so that balances out the hefty price I think.

on 10/19/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't get the hype over this product. Yes, it smells wonderful and really seems to make my frizz & curls clump beautifully into ringlets but after wash day, I have patches of frizz in my hair. It's only moisturizing for the first day. It also leaves a waxy film on my hair afterwards. Luckily, I didn't buy this and a $3 off coupon was used so it was a good deal. I'll finish it just because it wasn't terrible and I don't like half-full bottles/jars taking up space underneath my sink.

on 9/23/2014 12:44:00 PM

I love love this product. Omg my 3b curly fine, thin, colored hair. My hair has been dyed every color and only survived because of this conditioner.

on 9/13/2014 2:29:00 PM

I didn't find this product to be particularly moisturizing and the scent was heavy and lingering. Overpoweringly sweet and fruity, I didn't care for it and it turned me off this product altogether.
But it didn't do much for my hair anyway. I was looking for something to add to my dry hair when I need a little added moisture, especially on the ends. The search continues.
Wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It's extremely moisturizing and I don't have very dry hair so I don't use it often, only when my hair has been feeling unusually dry. It smells wonderful, and the smell stays in my hair for a long while after it's dried. I don't have to use a whole lot when I do use it, which is rather surprising since I usually have to use more of some products that I would like because of how thick my hair is....but it's nice because it means I won't go through it very fast.

on 8/18/2014 6:15:00 PM

This is way too much for my fine, frizzy hair. My daughter with thick, heavy waves said it wasn't right for her either. The scent is a happy, tropical one that I enjoy when used to shave my legs. I could get some milage out of it if I condition first and shampoo second but I never remember.

on 8/15/2014 8:16:00 PM

I love this product... I am a curly hair product junkie, and this is one of the best products I've used... I put it in after the shower on towel dried hair then follow with finesse curl moose and my curls have never looked better... It smells amazing and it gives great moisture to your curls... Just don't put too much or it will feel thick and weighed down..

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products