August 21, 2014 | 1108 users online

Styling Products - Aussie - Heat Protecting Shine Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this heat protector because I had run out of one of my really good ones and I didn't have enough money to buy any more. Bottom line it's alright. It smells good but I feel like it leaves my hair feeling odd and by odd I mean either too greasy or like it didn't protect my hair fully making it look overtly dry and crunchy looking. I don't know if it's because I am not using it right but sometimes I feel like instead of this I should be going sans heat protector until I buy a new and better one. I don't think I will be buying this once it's finished but maybe someone else may have better luck with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Yikes. Leaves my hair sticky, and curling after application makes my hair crunchy. The packaging bites, mainly because it sprays like a squirt gun. Big disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I don't really know why. I hate it. I don't think it helps protect against heat at all. I saw a beauty "guru" youtuber do a review on this product. She said it makes her hair stiff. I don't think this is for when your hair is dry. You use it on damp hair. The price is good. That's about it. This didn't make my hair soft or shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

This is probably the only not expensive heat protectant i've tried that didn't make my hair crunchy or stiff when i've used heat with it. I prefer not to get hooked onto expensive products because I didn't want to have to break the bank keeping up my hair routine and plus id been dying to try an aussie product and I like the pump :P

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jacqueline101

I had this product gave to me a year ago. I had it in my bathroom vanity until yesterday. I decided to break my own rule and blow dry my hair. I've been sick and didn't want to wait until I aired dried. My experience was I towel dried half ways. Used dryer on low heat. Added product when almost finished added more product. Hair was shiny and soft. I did notice it was straighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nenaaluvv

i really like the heat protecting spray. it cost less and was a bigger bottle than garnier. i've also tried john frieda's frizz-ease, and i still prefer aussie. it doesnt spray in a mist but its worth it (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by callmechristy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a cheap heat protectant that would work on my hair so I bought this Aussie Heat Protecting Shine Spray. Like all Aussie products, it smells amazing. The back of the product says to spray on damp hair, but I spray it on both damp and dry because I always use a heat protectant before I blow dry and straighten. I just make sure that my hair is dry before flat ironing it. This product does protect my hair, although I'm not a big fan of the nozzle. The product comes out in a straight line, rather than a light mist. A straight line isn't bad because it really aims on the parts I wanna spray. I do prefer a light mist because it tends to distribute more evenly on my hair. I do reccomend this heat protectant to anyone who's on a tight budget! This product was cheap and it got the job done!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

Ladies on a tight budget, this is definitely a great buy if you figure out the best way to use it. My hair stylist is always on my butt about using heat protectant. She thinks heat protection is the most important styling product you should have, blah blah blah. Luckily, she doesn't push her salon products and lets me make up my own mind about the hair products I buy, which means I almost always buy the cheapest thing available. So I'm in my second month of using this Aussie product and I think it is great. First off, I've noticed that some of the reviews on here say that this spray makes your hair harder to brush and harder to dry. I've always tried to get a much water out of my hair by towel drying and brushing right after I get out of the shower. Start by squeezing the water out with a towel (don't tussle) then start brushing and detangling. Always make sure your hair is not dripping wet and completely detangled before using this product. My favorite way to use this is by spraying it directly onto a comb or brush and then running it through my hair. This way you can get a lot of product in your hair without getting it soaking wet again. I have not had any difference in my blow dry or flat ironing time when using this product, and I do think it adds more shine to my hair. The smell of this product is very nice, and for less than $3.00 it is a great buy. The only reason I'm giving it 4 out of 5 lippies is because of the packaging. Getting the lock off the pump was kinda hard, and the spraying could be better, but if you spray it directly onto a comb or brush, it isn't a problem. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by shadetabi

The smell of the product was very good. I didn't really see a difference in my hair after using it and then flat ironing it. My hair seemed a little harder but again it smelled very good. and didnt make hair shiny

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca62499

I was in need of a heat protectant because I just rain out of my heat protection from Redken so i went to CVS and bought this for about, $3.00. The next day, I took a shower, and put this in my hair before blow drying and when i was trying to spray it in my hair, it like sprayed everywhere. It got all over the mirror i was sitting infront of, it got on my phone, my hair dryer, everywhere. It didnt come out as a mist either it was just a straight line and I didnt feel like it was protecting my hair from the heat. It took me forever to figure out what to do with it to work with it. Also, it made my hair wetter then it already was when i got out of the shower and my hair just felt really heavy, it didnt leave my hair with a shine, it was just an awful product for my hair. Bottom line, I would never buy this again I mean, I still have my first bottle from when I bought it the first time.