September 2, 2014 | 1607 users online

Styling Products - Aussie - Heat Protecting Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because it was dirt cheap and I ran out of my beloved Chi Iron Guard heat protector. I have typical indian hair- dark, dry and prone to split ends. I am trying to grow my hair out more so that means the least amount of heat styling as possible. My current routine is that I wash my hair once every 4 days (it's dry so doesn't get too oily) and I only blow dry at the roots and let my ends air dry. the next day I straighten my hair once and try really hard not to straighten it until my next wash. I let my mom have my CHI iron guard (15 bucks per bottle) and couldn't allow myself to buy another one since it is so expensive. I picked this up at Kroger for less then 3 bucks on sale and came home and straightened my hair! I have to say, I am surprised. It smells very good, and does add shine to my hair as it protects (i hope ;)). I spray it onto my hair brush and then brush my hair after I divide it into sections and then straighten. I haven't tried this on wet/damp hair yet so I wonder how it would make my hair feel then, but as for using on dry hair, my hair is soft and shiny :) I just hope it doesn't make my hair get oily quicker because I don't want to have to increase my frequency of washing because of this. Other than that, I am satisfied and I would probably buy again, esp for less than 3 dollars :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this heat protector because I had run out of one of my really good ones and I didn't have enough money to buy any more. Bottom line it's alright. It smells good but I feel like it leaves my hair feeling odd and by odd I mean either too greasy or like it didn't protect my hair fully making it look overtly dry and crunchy looking. I don't know if it's because I am not using it right but sometimes I feel like instead of this I should be going sans heat protector until I buy a new and better one. I don't think I will be buying this once it's finished but maybe someone else may have better luck with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Yikes. Leaves my hair sticky, and curling after application makes my hair crunchy. The packaging bites, mainly because it sprays like a squirt gun. Big disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I don't really know why. I hate it. I don't think it helps protect against heat at all. I saw a beauty "guru" youtuber do a review on this product. She said it makes her hair stiff. I don't think this is for when your hair is dry. You use it on damp hair. The price is good. That's about it. This didn't make my hair soft or shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

This is probably the only not expensive heat protectant i've tried that didn't make my hair crunchy or stiff when i've used heat with it. I prefer not to get hooked onto expensive products because I didn't want to have to break the bank keeping up my hair routine and plus id been dying to try an aussie product and I like the pump :P

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jacqueline101

I had this product gave to me a year ago. I had it in my bathroom vanity until yesterday. I decided to break my own rule and blow dry my hair. I've been sick and didn't want to wait until I aired dried. My experience was I towel dried half ways. Used dryer on low heat. Added product when almost finished added more product. Hair was shiny and soft. I did notice it was straighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nenaaluvv

i really like the heat protecting spray. it cost less and was a bigger bottle than garnier. i've also tried john frieda's frizz-ease, and i still prefer aussie. it doesnt spray in a mist but its worth it (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by callmechristy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a cheap heat protectant that would work on my hair so I bought this Aussie Heat Protecting Shine Spray. Like all Aussie products, it smells amazing. The back of the product says to spray on damp hair, but I spray it on both damp and dry because I always use a heat protectant before I blow dry and straighten. I just make sure that my hair is dry before flat ironing it. This product does protect my hair, although I'm not a big fan of the nozzle. The product comes out in a straight line, rather than a light mist. A straight line isn't bad because it really aims on the parts I wanna spray. I do prefer a light mist because it tends to distribute more evenly on my hair. I do reccomend this heat protectant to anyone who's on a tight budget! This product was cheap and it got the job done!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

Ladies on a tight budget, this is definitely a great buy if you figure out the best way to use it. My hair stylist is always on my butt about using heat protectant. She thinks heat protection is the most important styling product you should have, blah blah blah. Luckily, she doesn't push her salon products and lets me make up my own mind about the hair products I buy, which means I almost always buy the cheapest thing available. So I'm in my second month of using this Aussie product and I think it is great. First off, I've noticed that some of the reviews on here say that this spray makes your hair harder to brush and harder to dry. I've always tried to get a much water out of my hair by towel drying and brushing right after I get out of the shower. Start by squeezing the water out with a towel (don't tussle) then start brushing and detangling. Always make sure your hair is not dripping wet and completely detangled before using this product. My favorite way to use this is by spraying it directly onto a comb or brush and then running it through my hair. This way you can get a lot of product in your hair without getting it soaking wet again. I have not had any difference in my blow dry or flat ironing time when using this product, and I do think it adds more shine to my hair. The smell of this product is very nice, and for less than $3.00 it is a great buy. The only reason I'm giving it 4 out of 5 lippies is because of the packaging. Getting the lock off the pump was kinda hard, and the spraying could be better, but if you spray it directly onto a comb or brush, it isn't a problem. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by shadetabi

The smell of the product was very good. I didn't really see a difference in my hair after using it and then flat ironing it. My hair seemed a little harder but again it smelled very good. and didnt make hair shiny