October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Mousse Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl suggests LASHBLAST LENGTH MASCARA as a replacement

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by 54ndy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, I did not get the water resistant version. Stuff that don't come off my eye with water really do scare me! :P That said, I find this a great mascara in many ways. I have been told that I don't have much to worry about in the eyelash department and yeah, maybe I have black eyelashes that do curl upward, but they tend to be sparse sometimes. I used to use one by maybelline and I forgot its name. It has a white primer side and black mascara side. It made my already sparse eyelashes fall out when I use it on a daily basis. That is why I wanted a mascara with a natural (or at least semi-natural) formulation. I bought this CoverGirl mascara at my local target for about $8 which was very reasonable. I was very impressed when I wore it! It was black and rich in pigment. It has no glitter at all and it made my eyelashes more voluminous and long. I did, however, use my finger to distribute it on my eyelashes equally and make the look all more natural. I like that it washes off very easily with water and it did not make my eyelashes fall out!! :D I did not smudge or transfer onto my eyelids at all. I have had it for a long time now (definitely longer than 3 months) It still works fine. The 3rd image is how it looks on my eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupblondette007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is initially very wet when i first used it, which was a turn off at first.
    A week or so later it dried up slightly and became perfect. If you want more natural lashes this is , perfect for you. It does not irritate my eyes like some mascaras can do, and comes off very easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I wasn't very fond of this mascara, I found it to be very liquidy and it took a long time to dry. It also didn't make my lashes look very natural, which is what I like. So unless you like to cake on the mascara then I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by vtorim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly I love Cover Girl mascaras, its my go to brand for mascara. My usual mascara is the Cover Girl exact eye lights but I thought I'd try this one.

It wasn't up to the usual Cover Girl standard, took too long to dry and smudged during the day. I had panda eyes after my lunchbreak and had to wash under my eyes to get rid of it.

I also had a reaction to this mascara, and I notice another reviewer had a similar issue. Not sure if this is due to a 'bad batch' or the actual mascara itself. I've never had this before and to be sure it was this mascara I stopped using it for a couple of weeks and then retried it again. Same thing, scratchy feeling eyes and then a small rash in the corner of one of my eyes. Very strange.

I wouldn't recommend this mascara but it hasn't put me off Cover Girl, the other type of mascara of theirs is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product! What I hate about most mascaras is how crunchy they feel. This one is totally different, it's soft! I didn't expect such great results from a drugstore brand. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing mascara. This is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by evvybuns

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how light feeling this mascara is. It's almost as if I'm not wearing anything on my lashes, yet the lashes are well defined. The wetness at application is annoying, but I just remove flecks with a damp Q-tip.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lavroxanna

Maybe there was something wrong with mine, or they had a different, older version, but the one that I bought was pretty wet upon application and tended to get all over my oily eyelids. I'll admit, it did come on pretty smoothly and gave a nice natural look, but I tried this for a while and I probably will not repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by PrincessZelda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara for giving me thicker lashes without clumping. It's very easy to apply, and doesn't go all over your eyelids or smear below the eyes. I don't think it does anything in terms of eyelash length however, so I use a lengthening mascara over top.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There's better mascaras out there so I wouldn't buy it again. But its not the worst. Its easy to apply, and it doesn't get all over your eyelids (I could go on all day about how much I hate that.) So I guess this stuff is decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

For years I stuck to L'oreal's double extend beauty tube mascara because I loved how it never flaked or smeared. I already have deep set eyes with dark circles, on top of that I work in a restaurant (hot kitchens/sweating when busy) and live in one of the most humid cities in Florida. Needless to say, smudge proof and flake proof are 100% necessary qualities I look for in a mascara. I made the switch to CG's natureluxe when I felt that the Double Extend was thinning my lashes. In addition to being unhappy with how dry and dull my lashes looked as well as the lack of volume I got from Double Extend.

Overall, for the price I think this is a pretty solid mascara. No smearing or flaking off, which I love. It makes my lashes a little bit fuller while giving them a nice color boost (they're blonde so making the tips darker just makes my lashes look as long as they are) and a glossy shine which makes them look more natural vs heavily coated in mascara. I also love the wand as I feel that its smaller/rubbery brush is easier to maneuver through my lashes without clumping.

This won't give you the dramatic false eyelash look, but it will give you a nice natural/soft looking boost. All in all, I would probably eventually repurchase, however I'll most likely try some other mascaras before coming back.