September 2, 2014 | 1051 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Sensuous Nude

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Since I was disappointed with the thin, peppery (w/ honey) Sensuous -- which I didn't think was rich & smooth enough to be deserving of the name "sensuous" -- I had high hopes for Sensuous Nude. I thought this might be a really winner for me.

Nope. Powder powder powder (I don't like straight-up powder) plus *coconut*?? Really? Coconut?? Plus Sandalwood. Baby powder + Coconut + Sandalwood.

A soft summery nude skin-scent. But it's so powdery, it fills my nostrils and makes me feel like I'm about to sneeze all day. **Ah-chooooo!**.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Somegirl414

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really expecting a little bit more from this perfume after bringing home a tester strip. While the smell is nice and comforting, I find it lacking in sex appeal when I wear it. The smell reminds me of home baked cookies or some other sort of baked sweets. I would say this would be a good warm scent, just not one I would personally wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this. It is very pleasant and actually stirs up quite a few memories. It reminds me of swimming lessons in primary school when all the girls got Coconut shower gel for Christmas. I loved that smell. It also reminds me of sunny beach holidays spent with my family as a child, in particular the one where I got roasted on the beach in Alcudia. I became devout in my application of suntan lotion after that, especially the coconut scented ones. More an up close and personal type of fragrance - so personal other people might not realise you are actually wearing a scent! It seems to fade quickly on me. I still prefer the original Sensuous. I might try the bustier more dangerous Sensuous Noir next.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Flapperdame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this: it has all the right elements for me. All the woods and musk I love in the bottle.

Smells just like Love's Baby Soft as it dries down. Reminds me of the 5th grade. I couldn't even wait for it to melt into the heart. Sigh. For reference, I usually wear Narciso Rodriguez in the winter and Stella McCartney in the Summer.

This might be great on another girl. It might be just me, which is why I give it 3 lippies. Because it's great as long as it doesn't touch my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I made the mistake of purchasing a bottle of this based on a fragrance strip in a magazine. Huge mistake. Although other reviewers have done a good job of describing this fragrance I can hardly pick up on any of the notes mentioned. I don't smell any coconut which others say is a prominent note. To me this is a warm, clean fragrance, without any sharpness. However, upon my first spray I was instantly nauseated. I don't know why I had such a strong reaction as on paper this fragrance sounds perfect for me. I won't buy again and am avoiding going anywhere near this fragrance in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MissKittyKat

..sexy in an off the shoulder sweater sort of way
comforting... there is nothing sharp about this perfume... at first there is a hint of coconut (not in an intrusive way) it gives the scent an exotic touch. Eventually the perfume sets delicately on the skin.... perfect for everyday.... to me this perfume smells like a clean woman just out of the shower.... id wear something richer at nighttime.... but im def purchasing a bottle of sensuous nude.... i feel like id spray this on before cuddling next to my next future boyfriend/ lover whatever. Sensual indeed :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so pleased I found this little gem, I hope it's never discontinued. This is a lovely perfume, close to the skin, warm but with a hint of freshness and a exotic touch, thanks to its notes of bermagot and coconut. I absolutely love it, it's very wearable, give it a try next time you are in a Dept Store. It's packaging iand name are quite unattractive, in my opinion, that's why I hadn't tried it until now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by BloodyKisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sensuous Nude is one of those perfumes that has an understated elegance without being underwhelming. It sends you to a simpler time where you tearn to shed the restrictive clothing and slip into something more comfortable, be it a cashmere sweater or a flowing sun dress, and beckons to you to forgo the mask of makeup and show your au natural beauty. It fits like a second skin, and is reminiscent of a warm summer day when you can lounge around in the sun without a care in the world. Once I tried it I immediately felt comfortable with who I am, which may seem a bold statement. It's something best worn for a casual date or for everyday wear.
The price is not too extravagant, around $50. The bottle is understated, but lovely. Anything more would have clashe with the perfume itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Mereleigh

I abhor the original, but much like the "nude" version. Soft, powdery, sensual skin scent. Musky and clean smelling, and sophisticated. Wears close to skin, and gets better with time! A good "everyday" scent and a departure from synthetic florals. Not a masterpiece, but nice, very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by aceybabe

If I had to say which perfume would be my signiture I'd have to choose this. Absolutely love it. It's close to the skin but I'm a yoga teacher so that's a bonus for me. It's soft warm and sweet but not in a headache inducing way. I've been looking for this fragrance for a long time. It draws compliments as I get told I smell good A LOT. I like that you can spray it a couple of times a day and it doesn't become too much because it gives me a little boost. Feels like a little holiday in a bottle. Will never be without this one.