Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yes, yes and more yes. Ahhhh….absolutely delicious. Heaven, pure heaven. The next morning a hint of this perfume still remains. How fabulous is that?
The initial blast of honeyed milk served in a coconut shell with spices on top is extreme and brings its’ wearer to heights of delicious anticipation. Images of sitting in a tropical palm-covered hut-I can hear seagulls screeching overhead and the sun is delectably warm. The sea is crashing behind me, the sky is blue overhead with minimal clouds on the horizon. And the barkeep? Let’s just say that’s my fantasy…and Sensuous Nude takes you there.
This perfume delivers a sweet musk brilliantly tempered by amber sitting in a coconut shell. If golden bronze had a color, this would be it. Lauder chose the color for the bottle correctly. Close your eyes when you spray, because that’s what you see.
It can be minus 6 degrees outside with gusty winds, snow blowing around the corners of the house when I spray this perfume and my mind will still create images of that beautiful beach. It still takes me there to blue skies, warm sands under my toes and the ocean waves not far away. It’s that delicious.
A nuance of top peppery notes add just the right amount of spiciness to this brew without overloading it. Bergamot adds the freshness, zing and pop in the initial blast that gives Sensuous Nude its exciting wow factor in the beginning that calms down with the honeyed milk. The sandalwood comes across more as a dried hay or dried palms, similar to the tops of little beach huts.
This perfume radiates very well and lasts for hours upon hours.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Pepper, Pink Pepper.
Middle Notes: Musk, Jasmine, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Coconut, Honey.
Base Notes: Amber, Vanille, Woodsy Notes, Heliotrope, Sandalwood, Musk.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have to say, over everything that I smelled, this is the weirdest smell. Not like what people described, coconut, sexy or sth. I honestly think it smell like alcohol. And fades away really quick, like 10 mins, I think. I'm happy because it's just a sample I received from the store. Not gonna buy it

After using up 2 travel sizes of this, I decided it was time for a larger bottle. The holiday kit is a good value with lotion and a travel size thrown in the bargain. Smells great for everyday, woodsy, musky, and a little sweet coconut and honey. The lotion -- "body veil" smells great and gives longevity a little boost. You could use the lotion w/o the EDP if you wanted. This would be good all year long. Sort of tropical for summer with coconut and woodsy for winter.

I tried this on in Dillards, and ended up buying the roller ball version (edp). I really like this, even though it does disappear fast (I have to reapply every 3-4 hours). It's a subtly sexy fragrance, definitely more warm weather than cold. On me, I can really smell the coconut, sandalwood and honey (and I'm not good at picking out notes). I don't regret purchasing at all, but I'm not in a hurry to get a larger size.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Very nice perfume that disappears in about five minutes on me. It really is a very subtle, polished, clean smelling perfume with no floral/spicy/musky notes of a typical perfume. But it is so subtle that it fades into nothingness very fast on me even if it pack it on. This was a generous sample and I wont be purchasing the full size.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Since I was disappointed with the thin, peppery (w/ honey) Sensuous -- which I didn't think was rich & smooth enough to be deserving of the name "sensuous" -- I had high hopes for Sensuous Nude. I thought this might be a really winner for me.

Nope. Powder powder powder (I don't like straight-up powder) plus *coconut*?? Really? Coconut?? Plus Sandalwood. Baby powder + Coconut + Sandalwood.

A soft summery nude skin-scent. But it's so powdery, it fills my nostrils and makes me feel like I'm about to sneeze all day. **Ah-chooooo!**.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really expecting a little bit more from this perfume after bringing home a tester strip. While the smell is nice and comforting, I find it lacking in sex appeal when I wear it. The smell reminds me of home baked cookies or some other sort of baked sweets. I would say this would be a good warm scent, just not one I would personally wear.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this. It is very pleasant and actually stirs up quite a few memories. It reminds me of swimming lessons in primary school when all the girls got Coconut shower gel for Christmas. I loved that smell. It also reminds me of sunny beach holidays spent with my family as a child, in particular the one where I got roasted on the beach in Alcudia. I became devout in my application of suntan lotion after that, especially the coconut scented ones. More an up close and personal type of fragrance - so personal other people might not realise you are actually wearing a scent! It seems to fade quickly on me. I still prefer the original Sensuous. I might try the bustier more dangerous Sensuous Noir next.

I really wanted to like this: it has all the right elements for me. All the woods and musk I love in the bottle.

Smells just like Love's Baby Soft as it dries down. Reminds me of the 5th grade. I couldn't even wait for it to melt into the heart. Sigh. For reference, I usually wear Narciso Rodriguez in the winter and Stella McCartney in the Summer.

This might be great on another girl. It might be just me, which is why I give it 3 lippies. Because it's great as long as it doesn't touch my skin.

I made the mistake of purchasing a bottle of this based on a fragrance strip in a magazine. Huge mistake. Although other reviewers have done a good job of describing this fragrance I can hardly pick up on any of the notes mentioned. I don't smell any coconut which others say is a prominent note. To me this is a warm, clean fragrance, without any sharpness. However, upon my first spray I was instantly nauseated. I don't know why I had such a strong reaction as on paper this fragrance sounds perfect for me. I won't buy again and am avoiding going anywhere near this fragrance in the future.

Popular Fragrances