April 23, 2014 | 1921 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really disliked this mascara and I'm typically a Lancome mascara fan. My lashes are straight, short and probably average in thickness. Overall, this is a very "wet" mascara although according to some reviewers if you wait a month+, it dries nicely to a usable formula. For $27, I'm not waiting for it to work well!! My biggest problem w/ this mascara is the brush. I love a big thick brush but this one is super thick on 1 end and tapers down to thin & tiny on the opposite end (picture a cone shape). This brush is a great idea in theory but it just didn't work well for me. Too big on the thick end. I also found that Hypnose Doll Lashes did not lengthen much w/ 2 coats and added no volume (although I don't think it's a volume mascara so that's an unfair complaint). What it did do for me was clump. Clumps=deal killer, for me!

I have to add that, as another reviewer mentions, this mascara does have a distinct smell. It goes away but it's an unpleasant smell which is odd because I never noticed any unusual scents w/ any of Lancome's other mascaras.

Pros: packaging, very dark black color
Cons: messy application due to 1 huge end and a wet formulation, clumps galore, price, odd scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

By far the best mascara I have ever used. One coat gives you beautifully separated, voluminous lashes. 2 coats gives amazing lashes that give me loads of compliments. It doesn't clump or smudge and stays on (and is soft) all day.

I've always liked Lancome mascaras. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I don't love this mascara, I really like it and like it better than the regular Hypnose. I wore this for my wedding. It lasts extremely well even all day and at the gym on lunch hours! It tends to get clumpy when being applied and I find this tube doesn't last as long as others I've had. It does give a beautiful look and really thickens. If you want a dramatic mascara for photos, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this instead of Definicils for a change, & because of the special packaging (Elbez blue & Black stars). I didn't like it for about the first 3-4 weeks, & then it just got wonderful. I like the shape of the wand; you can use the tip to apply product to the inner, smaller lashes, & then comb through the outer lashes really well with the thicker part of the wand, which creates the "doll" look. I loved it. This mascara stayed put all day-no smudging nor flaking. The wand feels a little thick so it takes a while to get used to it. I just threw it away after buying it in the beginning of September. I got a good month - six weeks of daily wear. Yep, I'd buy it again. The formula is thicker than Definicils, & definitely gives your lashes a lot of volume with no flaking, nor clumps. Lovely deep black as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Dont buy it unless you dun have oily lids issue and have full lashes. This is a lengthening mascara that clumps. I have oily lids and have tried using this with mac primer. Smudges as well.

Without my mac primer, there is no volume at all. smudges
With my mac primer, it looks quite ok

under all conditions, if you dont powder your undereyelids, it smudges.

In a nut shell, buy other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dawngol

I am convinced that Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique use a different formula in their samples than the ones for purchase to suck you in to buying it! Not really, but I find I will often love a sample mascara, buy it, and the one I buy doesn't seem to be the same quality as the sample.
This mascara worked fine for me, but no better or worse than any other mascaras that are a fraction of the price. Not worth the money and will not buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by medailonka

Doll Eyes is my first Lancome mascara. I spent in the shop nearly 2 hours trying lots of different masacaras such as Diorshow, Dior New Look, Iconic (I don't like the brushes, too big or too small for me), YSL Faux Cills (I don't understand why so many people love it, doesn't work on me), Chanel Inimitable (good, but nothing extra superb for that price) and others. But Lancome fits me, especially Doll Eyes. I have dark, quite thick lashes, so all I want is curling and adding some more definition and lenght and Doll Eyes does all of that. I love the brush, which is very handy and useful. Colour is good, the packaging is sooo beautiful and I don't smell anything when using it. It is a great masacara for everyday use. I bought it half a year ago and it's still OK, but I think it's going to be empty soon. I want to try something else, but I will definitely repurchase once again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

Couple of weeks ago there was a %20 off in all mascaras and I wanted to try a Lancome mascara, so I chose this one. At first it was very very liquid and not buildable mascara and I was so dissapointed. After 1-1.5 months, it became more thick and buildable, so I could get a "doll eye" effect. Another thing I realized is that it has a strong odor and after applying you can smell it, which is disturbing me time to time as the odor is a bit funky. I think all L'Oreal group brand's mascaras are in good quality so instead of paying that much money on this producti I would like to buy Maybelline which is also a good quality mascara with reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this. I have not used Lancome mascara in quite a while, but I have kept up with seeing the new products. I did not think I would like this. I figured this would give a Twiggy look which I am not fond of. This surprised me. The brush is odd shaped, like a cone. I found it seemed a little odd using a brush this funny shaped, but I got the hang of it. It took me two uses of this mascara before I finally liked it. I loved how full and long my lashes looked. My only complaint is that once it dried out pretty quickly and at that point even wiping down the wand with a tissue did not help me avoid clumps. I would give this a higher rating if it did not dry out so quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok first of all the only reason I bought this was for the Elbez Collection design. But let me just say this stuff, even though expensive, is WONDERFUL! It was not the waterproof version and yet I have had it on 12+ hours and it has not smudged!!! My lashes are long and full and not clumpy... I only used two coats.

I wish it was not so expensive or this would be my HG mascara. All my drugstore ones smudge with my watery eyes and oily skin.... Even waterproof ones!

I did not find the cone shaped brush a problem. It reminded me of the Maybelline Lots Of Lashes mascara brush(do they still make it?) but the formula is drier on Lancome's. For the $27 I think I paid I love it!

Overall I find this to be well worth the price... even though it was impulse due to the absolte cuteness of the tube!!!