September 1, 2014 | 2007 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Cuppiecakes

I love the brush, but hate the formula. The balls up in your lashes making them look clumpy. It also flakes. Too bad because the brush is awesome and so is the packaging. I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I usually buy drugstore mascaras. I wince on shelling out more than $10 on a mascara. In this case I am glad I did.
Pros:
Lengthened my lashes
The brush was convenient
Very nice packaging
Did not dry out fast

Cons:
Price

Might repurchase if I got a gift certificate.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by coffeeee

Probably give this one a miss if you've got naturally straight lashes, as they probably won't hold a curl with this mascara on!

Got this in a sample size from one of the monthly subscription beauty boxes in Australia. It was WAY too wet when I first opened and tried it. It's been sitting in my drawer for a good few months, and I just remembered to try it again yesterday. Will say that it's definitely much better now after drying out a little bit. Just one coat is amazing for adding considerable length to my short lashes without looking spider-y. I had it on for about 6hrs on a humid day, and didn't end up with any smudging below the eyes, which is a problem I usually have with non-waterproof formulas.
HOWEVER, the formula seems to be quite 'heavy', and it weighs down my lashes immensely. My lashes are naturally short and straight, but they can hold a curl for a couple of hours with a good non-waterproof mascara, or all day with a waterproof formula. Despite having just curled my lashes as much as possible, they went back to pointing straight down as soon as I had applied the hypnose doll eyes mascara!! Not sure I want super long, super straight lashes that point downward... Maybe the waterproof formula will solve my problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by WinterisComing9

My mom and dad both have longer than average lashes however both did think to pass that gene down to me. Thanks mom and dad- moving on I really do like this mascara! It makes my eyes pop and really make my face look alive and awake.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Crunchy, spindly lashes that don't have an even coat. This mascara adds some length and color, but it doesn't look natural, and it is not at all volumizing. Maybe if you are looking for a particular effect that doesn't involve volume, but otherwise, I would avoid this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Lojayn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries really fast and isn't as effective as it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm picky about mascaras. There are only two I use - the Mabelline yellow one, which I've been using for years (colossal volum express carbon) and now this, after I got it as a freebie at an event.

With most mascaras, it's hard to get proper application on the outer edges lashes, which is of course were you want the most! However, this product has a clever little conical brush which means you can get a good coating on those outer lashes, which really opens up your eyes and yes, gives a 'doll eyed' look. It's a great mascara to use when you're doing winged eyeliner too It's also really volumising and rarely smudges

I do feel, however, that mascaras are very personal and the results depend on your own lash type and layout

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really disliked this mascara and I'm typically a Lancome mascara fan. My lashes are straight, short and probably average in thickness. Overall, this is a very "wet" mascara although according to some reviewers if you wait a month+, it dries nicely to a usable formula. For $27, I'm not waiting for it to work well!! My biggest problem w/ this mascara is the brush. I love a big thick brush but this one is super thick on 1 end and tapers down to thin & tiny on the opposite end (picture a cone shape). This brush is a great idea in theory but it just didn't work well for me. Too big on the thick end. I also found that Hypnose Doll Lashes did not lengthen much w/ 2 coats and added no volume (although I don't think it's a volume mascara so that's an unfair complaint). What it did do for me was clump. Clumps=deal killer, for me!

I have to add that, as another reviewer mentions, this mascara does have a distinct smell. It goes away but it's an unpleasant smell which is odd because I never noticed any unusual scents w/ any of Lancome's other mascaras.

Pros: packaging, very dark black color
Cons: messy application due to 1 huge end and a wet formulation, clumps galore, price, odd scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

By far the best mascara I have ever used. One coat gives you beautifully separated, voluminous lashes. 2 coats gives amazing lashes that give me loads of compliments. It doesn't clump or smudge and stays on (and is soft) all day.

I've always liked Lancome mascaras. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I don't love this mascara, I really like it and like it better than the regular Hypnose. I wore this for my wedding. It lasts extremely well even all day and at the gym on lunch hours! It tends to get clumpy when being applied and I find this tube doesn't last as long as others I've had. It does give a beautiful look and really thickens. If you want a dramatic mascara for photos, this is it!