December 20, 2014 | 1187 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Milana21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best mascara in the world just two coats intensely darkens the lashes giving it a dolls effect! My lashes are very short and sparse, however when I first started using this mascara starting from the base and pulling it up to the tip of the lashes spreaded out and gave my eye a wide lash effect spreading and coating each and every lash. The brush helps because it is small at the front then big enough to coat outer lashes. It defo gives my eyes a doll effect making the outer lashes curl out! I am obsessed I love it!!! I have been using it over a get and half now ever two weeks I need a new one!!! The waterproof one is the one I use NOTHING can make it budge!!! Because I have hay-fever my eye waters but this product clings on like crazy. I love it!! This is probably my 500th purchase from lancome!!! I've tried so many dupes that's are drugstore and cheaper but nothing comes close to this I LOVE IT!!!!!! 😊😊😊😎😎😎❤️❤️❤️

Cons: It's expensive!
- the formula seems to Finnish after one and a half weeks baring in mind I like 2-5 coats! But even so dries out fast! Not much in the bottle. Considering drugstore brands hold more applications!

regardless of the cons I will still repurchase these!! I LoVe IT

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mascara (Lancome you've done it again! Keep the good mascaras coming!). Very good in terms of lengthening but not really with the curling but it stays put despite my using the non-waterproof one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Meowmeow11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down, the best mascara I have ever used. I used to use Hypnose Drama, but I switched to Doll Lashes
I really like dramatic mascaras with lots of volume, but I am also really picky about clumping and lash definition. Also easy application to bottom lashes is a must for me! I usually use around 3-5 coats and don't have to use an eyelash curler.

Pros:
-Lengthens (without weighing down lashes; I had that problem with Hypnose Star)
-Separates wonderfully
-Curls and creates an open-eyed look
-Adds a decent amount of volume (multiple coats for a more dramatic look; you will never get the same amount of volume from this mascara as you will from Hypnose Drama, but I found it gives a really pretty doe-eyed look and you don't constantly have fakes falling in your eyes)
-Fast, tidy, and easy, easy application (good for being on the go, never had to tidy around my lashes with q-tips with this mascara)
-AMAZING wand for bottom lashes (adds really nice length!)
-Formula gives a natural texture (extremely smooth, plush, not plastic looking, not clumpy) to your lashes
-If you happen to fall asleep while wearing this mascara, the raccoon-eye effect is minimal to non-existant

Cons:
The price
Flakes a tiny bit if you have a lot of coats
Dries out faster than other mascaras, but should be fine if you replace every 3-4 months

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely a 5* mascara for me. It gives my lashes length, volume, definition and lift. I don't expect anything more or less from any mascara.

I love the wand shape, the tapered tip is great for edge and lower lashes, and the fuller base is brilliant for really plumping up the middle and outer lashes.

Only thing is, I know I can get the same effect from cheaper mascaras (L'Oreal's Manga Eyes is a great dupe) so this is more of a special purchase than a regular one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This is another very nice mascara (in regular formula) that doesn't work with my "Asian" (thin, point straight down) lashes and sensitive eyes. Because it's not the waterproof formula (I got it in a set with Cils Booster and Definicils for a nice price), I layered it over my waterproof mascara (Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes in waterproof). It was nicely volumizing althought a little clumpy (which is typical of volumizing mascaras) and after I would de-clump with a spoolie, I really liked the way the lashes looked. Unfortunately, my eyes tear easily from allergies and other random things like when I laugh, and then the mascara would flake rather badly. Once mascara starts flaking on me, it gets into my eyes and irritates them, causing more eye tearing, and then it's a big mess. This might be nice on someone who can wear regular mascara and doesn't have sensitive, teary eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Cuppiecakes

I love the brush, but hate the formula. The balls up in your lashes making them look clumpy. It also flakes. Too bad because the brush is awesome and so is the packaging. I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I usually buy drugstore mascaras. I wince on shelling out more than $10 on a mascara. In this case I am glad I did.
Pros:
Lengthened my lashes
The brush was convenient
Very nice packaging
Did not dry out fast

Cons:
Price

Might repurchase if I got a gift certificate.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by coffeeee

Probably give this one a miss if you've got naturally straight lashes, as they probably won't hold a curl with this mascara on!

Got this in a sample size from one of the monthly subscription beauty boxes in Australia. It was WAY too wet when I first opened and tried it. It's been sitting in my drawer for a good few months, and I just remembered to try it again yesterday. Will say that it's definitely much better now after drying out a little bit. Just one coat is amazing for adding considerable length to my short lashes without looking spider-y. I had it on for about 6hrs on a humid day, and didn't end up with any smudging below the eyes, which is a problem I usually have with non-waterproof formulas.
HOWEVER, the formula seems to be quite 'heavy', and it weighs down my lashes immensely. My lashes are naturally short and straight, but they can hold a curl for a couple of hours with a good non-waterproof mascara, or all day with a waterproof formula. Despite having just curled my lashes as much as possible, they went back to pointing straight down as soon as I had applied the hypnose doll eyes mascara!! Not sure I want super long, super straight lashes that point downward... Maybe the waterproof formula will solve my problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by WinterisComing9

My mom and dad both have longer than average lashes however both did think to pass that gene down to me. Thanks mom and dad- moving on I really do like this mascara! It makes my eyes pop and really make my face look alive and awake.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Crunchy, spindly lashes that don't have an even coat. This mascara adds some length and color, but it doesn't look natural, and it is not at all volumizing. Maybe if you are looking for a particular effect that doesn't involve volume, but otherwise, I would avoid this.