September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by xomakeup4ever

This mascara is good for people who don't wanna spend a lot of money. For me, it gives nice length to my short lashes, and I adore the packaging! But it does clump, so it wasn't my most fav, but it was good. I won't repurchase unfortunately.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I bought this on a whim when I was on vacation because I forgot my mascara. I didn't want to spend a lot and I found this one for really cheap. I didn't have high hope for this mascara. As I predicted this mascara couldn't hold my curled lashes the second I put this on my lashes started to go down. But I used it for a week until I got back home and tossed it in the trash can. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by celialove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a replacement for my HG everyday lengthening mascara (Wet n Wild), and was pleasantly surprised. Holds a curl well, dries quick but not too quick, and overall looks great. If you're looking for an inexpensive mascara to say, keep in your purse or gym bag as an extra, this would be a great choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I admit I bought this because there were some good reviews and it is so cheap. It really is barely effective and not worth buying for any reason. I can say that also about City Curls and the other NYC mascaras which I tried. I never reach for them anymore after giving them a chance for several days and realizing they do nothing. I reach for mascaras that coat and colour the lashes. This brand just doesn't do that. OK - to be fair, if this was the only brand of mascara in the world, then yes, I'd use it and buy it again. Or maybe I'd just make my own.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's an okay mascara, but nothing I would repurchase. It gives me some length, but not much. My eyelashes start to droop after 5 minutes of wearing it. On the plus side, it is very dark and black. Meh, not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a surprisingly good little mascara. I bought this to pair up w/ a volumizing mascara to create a dramatic lash look. I liked the thin little brush and thought, if nothing else it would make a good bottom lash mascara. First of all, it's a drier formula, so it holds a curl very well. And even though it is dry, it's very comfortable to wear; it doesn't leave you with plastic-y, stiff lashes. I hate that feeling, but sometimes tolerate it if it gives a great look. But stiff lashes can be a bit painful sometimes, for me, anyway. Also, it adds decent (not incredible) length. By itself, it is good for an everyday mascara. Paired with a volumizing mascara, it gives just that bit of added length that my lashes need for a dramatic, false lash effect,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In all honesty, this is my favorite daily use mascara. It always amazes me that this is so inexpensive! It gives great length, holds a curl all day and stays wet just long enough to apply a few coats yet dries quickly enough not to smudge. For me, this lasts all day and doesn't flake or smudge under my eyes. The brush is thin enough to get the lower lashes too. I like different mascaras for different looks but if I could only use one for the rest of my life, then this would be the one.

Edit 1/14/2014-
Ok, I don't know if the formula changed or I have gottena a couple of bad batches but this is just no longer working like it used to. I have found a new fave (see my reviews! lol) and even when this was the best for me, it didn't look like my new fave. Have had to knock off a few lippies on this one....such a bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in an emergency-was out of state for a wedding, left mascara at home (in gym bag, of course). I wanted something cheap that would do the job, got it for $1.89 in the CVS next to my motel. What can I say-now my new favorite. I got this in June-still no clumps, looks great on top and bottom lashes, doesn't smudge.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this alot. It makes my eyelashes very long and holds a curl. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge or flake. For the price, it's an excellent deal. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is a great mascara for giving your lashes length. Do not expect a lot of volume from this mascara. I suggest pairing this with a mascara that gives volume to your lashes. It makes my eyes look more awake. A great budget friendly mascara.