New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/26/2014 4:35:00 PM

I absolutely aodred NYC City Curls, so when it dried up and I threw it away I opted not to re-purchase it and buy this one instead, because I'm dumb, I guess. It's okay, but it's not what I wanted. It lengthens your lashes excellently, exactly like it says on the package, unlike the mascara I bought from them that curled your lashes exactly like it said on the package. The problem with my lashes is that they fail to curl, however, so this mascara makes my lashes look exactly like every mascara I've tried and not really liked, ie, nonexistant unless you're pressed against my face.

The main draw for me with this mascara is small brush that makes it easy to get to the roots of your lashes without excruciating pain. I like it used in conjunction with citycurl just fine. My lashes stay curled. They look long. They aren't spidery. Before I was using the colossal layered with the citycurl but I prefer this one. Partly because my lashes look longer than with the colossal, partly because the packaging is just WORLDS better (why isn't all mascara in a normal-sized black tube like this?) and mostly because of the nice small brush. It is also much cheaper than most drugstore mascaras ($2 compared to $6-10).

If you are looking for a lengthening mascara with a small brush and a medium-dry formula, you will be pleased. If you are looking for a layering mascara to lengthen your lashes without pain, you will be pleased. If you are looking for an curling mascara to use every day, you will not be pleased, and also you're pretty dumb, the pink one was right there, why didn't you buy it, you're an idiot.

I will say that this review does not take into account mascara longevity because my eyelids are not oily and I have never had an issue with mascara longevity, not even creepy $1 mascara that smelled like tar and looked like tar and actually probably was tar now that i think about it.

on 9/25/2014 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is a real decent mascara, it really doesnt do much to my lashes (thick and long). All it really does is give me a natural look and it kind of clumps them together. The formula is goopy, and a little bit think. This is just one of those so-so mascaras.

on 9/18/2014 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Not the best, but it does the trick. Would repurchase, but there are too many other brands and tubes around that I have to use. It lengthens pretty good, curling not so much, but if I wanted a curling one I would buy it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has such great packaging, it tricked me into buying it. I got it because it said it lifts the curl, turns out it lied. My eyelashes are straight, dead straight, so I always buy mascara that lifts curl or helps eyelashes appear longer. My eyelashes are also very thin, so most of all the mascaras I buy weigh my lashes down after I have curled them with a curler. I go through so many mascaras, I feel like I have wasted over $100. After a while I thought it was just my lashes but then I came to find Wet&Wild mascara which is waterproof. It works well but only in some places. So I gave NYC a shot, I went all out and bought one mascara that was about $6 another about $2 and I got eyeliner for $2 as well. They all suck CRAP!! The mascara is HORRIBLE! And the liner brush is so thick, one stroke covers my whole lid. I am so mad and frustrated at NYC! I will never buy from NYC ever again! Even if I look like a troll and I am in desperate need of makeup!

on 7/7/2014 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara definitely made my lashes appear longer. I love it!

on 6/17/2014 1:30:00 PM

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used. Brush is horrible, thin and stiff, and it makes major raccoon eyes. Doesn't lengthen whatsoever. Only positive is the price.

on 5/19/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't the worst mascara I have ever tried but it was lacking in some places.
I feel that the formula is thin and doesn't really try to lengthen or keep a curl.
All in all I feel it was pretty basic not a lot of thrills but hey it was cheap. It didn't run, flake or chump. I feel they could improve upon the formula and get more length out of it if it was a bit thicker. I tried applying a bunch of layers but it wasn't really build-able to achieve what it should. The staying power was pretty average.

on 5/10/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I heard so many good reviews about this one that I figured a $4.00 CDN I will try it. My lashes are very long but blonde. This mascara did nothing for them. The black is really black I got zero length. However, the brush is unusual in that is pointed. So I love this brush and this mascara for my lower lashes because it does not flake or budge and the brush makes it really easy to apply product to lower lashes. Hay for 4 bucks why not have a mascara just for your lower pretty lashes to make you look like a doll. I also like this for putting mascara at the tips of my top lashes because it is not chunky or gummy.

on 5/6/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE IT! Same results as any mascara for 30$, doesnt fall or smudge, lasts all day, thumbs up!

on 4/29/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Really cheap but did nothing for my lashes, despite multiple coats. I've tried using it with a different brush but the result was the same - hardly a tint and absolutely no length.

Top Rated New York Color Products