New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

Price: $

on 9/25/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is a real decent mascara, it really doesnt do much to my lashes (thick and long). All it really does is give me a natural look and it kind of clumps them together. The formula is goopy, and a little bit think. This is just one of those so-so mascaras.

on 9/18/2014 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Not the best, but it does the trick. Would repurchase, but there are too many other brands and tubes around that I have to use. It lengthens pretty good, curling not so much, but if I wanted a curling one I would buy it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has such great packaging, it tricked me into buying it. I got it because it said it lifts the curl, turns out it lied. My eyelashes are straight, dead straight, so I always buy mascara that lifts curl or helps eyelashes appear longer. My eyelashes are also very thin, so most of all the mascaras I buy weigh my lashes down after I have curled them with a curler. I go through so many mascaras, I feel like I have wasted over $100. After a while I thought it was just my lashes but then I came to find Wet&Wild mascara which is waterproof. It works well but only in some places. So I gave NYC a shot, I went all out and bought one mascara that was about $6 another about $2 and I got eyeliner for $2 as well. They all suck CRAP!! The mascara is HORRIBLE! And the liner brush is so thick, one stroke covers my whole lid. I am so mad and frustrated at NYC! I will never buy from NYC ever again! Even if I look like a troll and I am in desperate need of makeup!

on 7/7/2014 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara definitely made my lashes appear longer. I love it!

on 6/17/2014 1:30:00 PM

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used. Brush is horrible, thin and stiff, and it makes major raccoon eyes. Doesn't lengthen whatsoever. Only positive is the price.

on 5/19/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't the worst mascara I have ever tried but it was lacking in some places.
I feel that the formula is thin and doesn't really try to lengthen or keep a curl.
All in all I feel it was pretty basic not a lot of thrills but hey it was cheap. It didn't run, flake or chump. I feel they could improve upon the formula and get more length out of it if it was a bit thicker. I tried applying a bunch of layers but it wasn't really build-able to achieve what it should. The staying power was pretty average.

on 5/10/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I heard so many good reviews about this one that I figured a $4.00 CDN I will try it. My lashes are very long but blonde. This mascara did nothing for them. The black is really black I got zero length. However, the brush is unusual in that is pointed. So I love this brush and this mascara for my lower lashes because it does not flake or budge and the brush makes it really easy to apply product to lower lashes. Hay for 4 bucks why not have a mascara just for your lower pretty lashes to make you look like a doll. I also like this for putting mascara at the tips of my top lashes because it is not chunky or gummy.

on 5/6/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE IT! Same results as any mascara for 30$, doesnt fall or smudge, lasts all day, thumbs up!

on 4/29/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Really cheap but did nothing for my lashes, despite multiple coats. I've tried using it with a different brush but the result was the same - hardly a tint and absolutely no length.

on 4/18/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

PROS: Great black color, long lasting, good definition, incredible lengthening, clean brush, cheap and available almost anywhere
CONS: Smaller than the average mascara tube, but so cheap it doesn't matter

I bought this mascara on a whim when I went on a prom makeup shopping spree at Walmart. I wanted to test out some NYC products; my sister had adored an eyeshadow palette I had gotten her for her birthday, and their selection of products (eyebrow cake with tweezers and brush, lip butters, palettes with cream primer) seemed to be very much on par with the rest of the drugstore, simply just priced lower. I use mascara daily, so it was a no-brainer to try one. I purchased my Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara for a little under $3.

When I tested it out the next day, I was floored. It provided all I wanted in a mascara: lots of non-spidery length, jet-black coverage, and easy and clean application. Best of all, my lashes didn't look flaky, dry, or uncomfortable- the mascara provided a shiny, almost patent-leather coverage that mimicked the look of healthy lash hair. I had yet to find a mascara that didn't build up unnaturally, so I was more than shocked that such a cheap one would be the winner. It lasts all day and washes off easily with water or makeup remover.

The wand is long and thin, and even though the tube itself doesn't seem to have much of a stopper, the spiral bristles come out of the tube cleanly. Sometimes there is buildup at the very back of the wand, but nothing that is a detriment to application. The tube is long, black, and quite thin. After a month of application, the formula has not changed nor dried out.

I love this mascara, and I plan to try more NYC products in the future.