December 19, 2014 | 1736 users online

Mascara - New York Color - High Definition Volumizing Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by cocopetite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A surprising product ! I have the one with the yellow packaging, and it works really well ! It's inexpensive, doesn't clumps and lengtens my lashes. A great day to day mascara, especially when you have no expectations, like I did !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This does what expensive mascaras "claim" to do (ie Benefit's They're Real) . It holds curl very well. My lashes don't droop down by the end of the day when I wash this off. It doesn't smudge and is so easy to apply. The mascara wand makes it easy to really grip the lashes from root to tip. It's not a super dry or watery mascara. If I apply 2-3 coats I get noticeably thicker lashes. It's a dirt cheap mascara as well. Who knew a mascara under $5 would work so well?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ddirossi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the lengthening version of this mascara in the yellow tube. I have short, sparse, blonde lashes. This mascara makes the most of them! The extreme black is very black. The plastic applicator is small enough to get to the base of my puny lashes without getting all over my lid. Also, it holds a curl like no other mascara- and I have tried them all. When you first use it, wipe the excess off the brush. at this price, you won't mind and the mascara will apply like icing. No clumps, no smudges. I like that it takes a few seconds to dry as I always "hold my lashes up" a bit to help keep the curl. HG mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jbmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great mascara! I feel like it's not my HG but it is closer to it than I have come before. Makes lashes long and volumized while also seperated. I do quite a few coats because I like it a liitle more wham bam thank you mam. It goes from daytime to nighttime easily with layering and is very adaptable in that sense. The brush is not my favorite, but then again nothing is ever truly perfect. I reccommend this to any and all looking for a cheap new mascara that may not change your makeup world, but will give you some fine a** lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JadeSalussolia

I love this product it makes my eyelashes look so good, and it doesn't flake of during the day, the packaging is a nice bright orange so I love it as orange is my favourite colour! All round happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by cherlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent mascara. I have used many many many mascaras through the years and this is one of the better ones i've used and i'm pretty picky.
I would recommend this to anyone, and have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always searching a a good mascara. One that won't clump, won't flake, isn't too runny, has a good quality brush, afford-ably priced, and adds volume to my lashes. This mascara is it! I was a bit hesitant to try it, but I figured for the price, which was around $3, I couldn't go wrong. I was right, it's a great mascara for my daytime and night time looks. I'm not into huge lashes that look fake, if I wanted falsies, I would just go get some. This mascara gives me great volume, and I haven't had to brush away flakes from my undereyes during the day. The plastic brush makes for an easy application, and the packaging is a vibrant fun orange :) Great buy, highly recommended.

OH AND NYC DOESN'T TEST ON ANIMALS! GUILT-FREE BEAUTY DESERVES AN A+ IN MY BOOK :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by hacdmb41

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been on a mad mascara hunt for a month!!! I've tried just about every drugstore line there is...CG, Rimmel, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Prestige, Almay...Ugh!!! My old tried and true is Full n Soft by Maybelline. But after trying the NYC line I think I've finally found my HG!!! I cannot get over the performance of this mascara. It separates my lashes perfectly and really holds the curl after using my curler. It keeps them separated all day! I am truly impressed by this product. And the total bonus is that it's SO CHEAP!!! UNREAL! It's a little messy upon application but I'll take it. Nothing a quick dab of a Q-tip won't fix. I recommend this to anyone looking for separation as well as length!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by classyscene4937

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I grabbed the cheapest mascara I could find, so it was this one. Unfortunately, my eyelashes weren't very fond of it. It made these wet clumps and weighed my tiny asian lashes down, right after I curled them. It was the first mascara I've ever used with a wand brush like that (i usually get mascaras w/ a soft wand brush, the one that looks like a spoolie brush). It must be the type of brush that my lashes react to. But yeah i'd rather spend my $5 bill on something else

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I bought this for $3 so I wasn't expecting much. This does nothing for volume, but it is great as a primer mascara for length. I typically use two mascaras (one for length and one for volume), and I liked the way that the brush separates and grabs my sparse asian lashes. The formula is a wetter formula which I like, and it only takes a couple swipes to get my lashes well defined. I love that this brush doesn't clump. This mascara reminds me a lot like the new Dior Show New Look, but I find myself reaching for the NYC way more. Overall, this is a great mascara to quickly get well defined lashes and lengthen without having to apply several coats. If you are looking for volume, however, you will be disappointed.

I gave this 3 lippies because the brush is really hard and if you're not careful, you can poke yourself in the delicate eye area. For this reason, I prefer the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes.