April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Mascara - New York Color - High Definition Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JadeSalussolia

I love this product it makes my eyelashes look so good, and it doesn't flake of during the day, the packaging is a nice bright orange so I love it as orange is my favourite colour! All round happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by cherlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent mascara. I have used many many many mascaras through the years and this is one of the better ones i've used and i'm pretty picky.
I would recommend this to anyone, and have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always searching a a good mascara. One that won't clump, won't flake, isn't too runny, has a good quality brush, afford-ably priced, and adds volume to my lashes. This mascara is it! I was a bit hesitant to try it, but I figured for the price, which was around $3, I couldn't go wrong. I was right, it's a great mascara for my daytime and night time looks. I'm not into huge lashes that look fake, if I wanted falsies, I would just go get some. This mascara gives me great volume, and I haven't had to brush away flakes from my undereyes during the day. The plastic brush makes for an easy application, and the packaging is a vibrant fun orange :) Great buy, highly recommended.

OH AND NYC DOESN'T TEST ON ANIMALS! GUILT-FREE BEAUTY DESERVES AN A+ IN MY BOOK :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by hacdmb41

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been on a mad mascara hunt for a month!!! I've tried just about every drugstore line there is...CG, Rimmel, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Prestige, Almay...Ugh!!! My old tried and true is Full n Soft by Maybelline. But after trying the NYC line I think I've finally found my HG!!! I cannot get over the performance of this mascara. It separates my lashes perfectly and really holds the curl after using my curler. It keeps them separated all day! I am truly impressed by this product. And the total bonus is that it's SO CHEAP!!! UNREAL! It's a little messy upon application but I'll take it. Nothing a quick dab of a Q-tip won't fix. I recommend this to anyone looking for separation as well as length!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by classyscene4937

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I grabbed the cheapest mascara I could find, so it was this one. Unfortunately, my eyelashes weren't very fond of it. It made these wet clumps and weighed my tiny asian lashes down, right after I curled them. It was the first mascara I've ever used with a wand brush like that (i usually get mascaras w/ a soft wand brush, the one that looks like a spoolie brush). It must be the type of brush that my lashes react to. But yeah i'd rather spend my $5 bill on something else

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I bought this for $3 so I wasn't expecting much. This does nothing for volume, but it is great as a primer mascara for length. I typically use two mascaras (one for length and one for volume), and I liked the way that the brush separates and grabs my sparse asian lashes. The formula is a wetter formula which I like, and it only takes a couple swipes to get my lashes well defined. I love that this brush doesn't clump. This mascara reminds me a lot like the new Dior Show New Look, but I find myself reaching for the NYC way more. Overall, this is a great mascara to quickly get well defined lashes and lengthen without having to apply several coats. If you are looking for volume, however, you will be disappointed.

I gave this 3 lippies because the brush is really hard and if you're not careful, you can poke yourself in the delicate eye area. For this reason, I prefer the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara really does volumize lashes, because it is more of a dry formula. The brush is fantastic and coats every lash. The only problem is this is not water resistant at all. I have very watery eyes, and this smudges like mad if your eyes tend to run. Just something to bear in mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

......... IM STUNNED. There are no words to describe the shock i had when I found out that this worked better than the 35 dollar mascara i was using. There is a trick to it though. TUTORIAL ALERT! first run it through the under parts of your lashes the wait a minute or two for it to dry. Then ,barely touching the lashes, quickly swipe it through the tips. Then Viola! i love this mascara and will recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by mijuness

Ugh, if only this product worked for my lashes! :[ I have Asian, stick-straight lashes, so I want a mascara that will not make my lashes droop down the moment I put it on. Unfortunately, this mascara is very wet and it does just that.

The brush is one of the newer plastic kinds and the bristles aren't the same length all the way around. It kind of reminds me of the Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara wand. As mentioned above, this has a very wet formula and doesn't hold the curl at all for me. It also smudges all over my eyes and clumps my lashes like crazy.

The best thing about this mascara is the length it gave me. OMG! I could not believe how amazingly long it made my lashes look. It made me even more sad that this mascara just didn't work for my lashes :[. Oh well...I still recommend trying this since it's so cheap and it might work for you if your lashes can handle wet formulas!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lsongg

I mean, I really wished I liked this mascara.. I've read and hear great things about it, I'm asian with sparse lashes, I'm okay on length.. This mascara kind of clumps, its a very wet formula. It also smudges really bad.. The only thing I like about this is the brush.. its kind of unique. I wouldn't waste my money on this product if i were you and read this review.